Port Canaveral and Disney Cruise Line extend partnership

Login to post comments
6 posts / 0 new
Kristen K.'s picture
Offline
Joined: 09/01/2011
Posts: 22573
Port Canaveral and Disney Cruise Line extend partnership

http://www.cruiseandferry.net/articles/port-canaveral-and-disney-cruise-line-extend-partnership

The new agreement between Port Canaveral and Disney Cruise Line will provide a 20-year primary term with two additional five-year renewals. Disney will continue making 150 calls a year until 2023 when it will increase to 180 calls and then to 216 calls in 2024 for the remainder of the term.

Disney will continue to operate Cruise Terminal 8 exclusively, as well as having preferential use of Cruise Terminal 10, this will be accommodated through a $46 million renovation project that was approved back in January. See image below for project details

The planned improvements to these terminals will accommodate Disney's growing fleet. The line's three new yet-to-be-named ships are expected to be delivered in 2021, 2022 and 2023, with two of the three new ships homeporting in Port Canaveral for their first five years in operation.

Under the deal with the port, Disney will have three ships based at Port Canaveral " two ships that will be constructed, plus one of its existing ships.

JoAnn C's picture
Offline
Joined: 05/20/2011
Posts: 6625

Curious to know if it will be the Dream or Fantasy staying and where the other will be based out of.

__________________

DIStickers.com Ticker

DIStickers.com Ticker

DIStickers.com Ticker

DIStickers.com Ticker

Kristen K.'s picture
Offline
Joined: 09/01/2011
Posts: 22573

JoAnn C wrote:
Curious to know if it will be the Dream or Fantasy staying and where the other will be based out of.

Me too! I'm really excited about the new ships and can't wait to hear about the expanded itineraries that will be offered. I'm hoping that we end up with something that does a dedicated Key West stop or shorter Western Caribbean jaunts. I would kind of love a 3 or 4 night route that went Port Canaveral, Key West, Castaway Key, At Sea(or Nassau), Port Canaveral. I would book that baby all the time, it would totally be my cruise.

JoAnn C's picture
Offline
Joined: 05/20/2011
Posts: 6625

Kristen K. wrote:
JoAnn C wrote:
Curious to know if it will be the Dream or Fantasy staying and where the other will be based out of.

Me too! I'm really excited about the new ships and can't wait to hear about the expanded itineraries that will be offered. I'm hoping that we end up with something that does a dedicated Key West stop or shorter Western Caribbean jaunts. I would kind of love a 3 or 4 night route that went Port Canaveral, Key West, Castaway Key, At Sea(or Nassau), Port Canaveral. I would book that baby all the time, it would totally be my cruise.

From what I've read, the Dream and Fantasy are too big to dock at Key West. The new ships are in the same class. They probably won't stop there. I am taking the Wonder in February from NOLA which stops in Key West. I'm looking forward to as I've never been.

__________________

DIStickers.com Ticker

DIStickers.com Ticker

DIStickers.com Ticker

DIStickers.com Ticker

Kristen K.'s picture
Offline
Joined: 09/01/2011
Posts: 22573

JoAnn C wrote:

From what I've read, the Dream and Fantasy are too big to dock at Key West.

Oh, that is sad. sad

JoAnn C wrote:
I am taking the Wonder in February from NOLA which stops in Key West. I'm looking forward to as I've never been.

I wanted to book that cruise so bad! It just isn't in the budget though. I haven't been to Key West since I was 9 and I really want to go as an adult. It has been on my list for awhile now. I absolutely adore NOLA. I cruised out of there on NCL and just got a small taste of the city. I want to return there too.

JoAnn C's picture
Offline
Joined: 05/20/2011
Posts: 6625

Kristen K. wrote:
JoAnn C wrote:
I am taking the Wonder in February from NOLA which stops in Key West. I'm looking forward to as I've never been.

I wanted to book that cruise so bad! It just isn't in the budget though. I haven't been to Key West since I was 9 and I really want to go as an adult. It has been on my list for awhile now. I absolutely adore NOLA. I cruised out of there on NCL and just got a small taste of the city. I want to return there too.

I love NOLA. I'm going this summer for a long weekend.

__________________

DIStickers.com Ticker

DIStickers.com Ticker

DIStickers.com Ticker

DIStickers.com Ticker