Possible DLP trip November 2016, Not Staying in Disney Hotel

Login to post comments
7 posts / 0 new
danijrod's picture
Possible DLP trip November 2016, Not Staying in Disney Hotel

Hi!

A little bit of back story... I'm going to WDW in September 2016 with my DH where our first visit to MNSSHP will be happening. I was reading a thread on here about peoples favourite holidays in the parks and reading it made me want to experience Christmas in Disney. Anyway one thing led to another and I got talking to my family who said they would love to go for a long weekend next year in November as well as long as it wasn't too expensive. When booking through Disney for this year to get an idea of prices it would be too expensive so to keep costs down we will be looking at other hotels in the area. Also we will be flying from Newcastle airport even though driving etc would be cheaper but it would be easier with the 2 children and means longer there.

So long story short has anyone been to DLP in November and what are your opinions? Also has anyone stayed offsite? I was looking at the Magic Circus hotel or the Explorers hotel has anybody stayed at any of these hotels?

There will be in total 6 Adults and 2 Children (my beautiful nieces), one who will be 6 and one who will be nearly 2.

Any help would be great.

RobynPrincess's picture

Tbh I think when you compare offsite hotels with onsite, by the time you add park tickets there's not a huge difference. I've stayed offsite loads (and loads onsite too actually lol). The campanile is a really good value hotel nearby, though check out renting a house as you might find out it works out cheaper than multiple hotel rooms Smile

Our Very Merry 24 nighter Nov/Dec 15
Watson's go West May 15
The one with all the birthdays Oct 14 4 Big Birthdays and a Vow Renewal thrown in
The OMG trip June 14 30th Birthday present from the hubs
Girly trip March 14 A last min cheapy week
September 13 our first all DVC stay
TR May 2013 the last min bargain trip offsite
Oct 2012 TR with a cruise!big family trip featuring the beach club, AKL, the dream and a villa offsite
TR on a budget May - June 2011offsite condo
TR Sept - Oct 2010 big family trip in an offsite villa

danijrod's picture

RobynPrincess wrote:
Tbh I think when you compare offsite hotels with onsite, by the time you add park tickets there's not a huge difference. I've stayed offsite loads (and loads onsite too actually lol). The campanile is a really good value hotel nearby, though check out renting a house as you might find out it works out cheaper than multiple hotel rooms Smile

Thank you Smile I will definitely check this out. I would much prefer to stay on site so I am hoping some offers will come out later this year or early next year but will see Smile

RobynPrincess's picture

Try looking at the French dlp site, they are cheaper than the UK site

Our Very Merry 24 nighter Nov/Dec 15
Watson's go West May 15
The one with all the birthdays Oct 14 4 Big Birthdays and a Vow Renewal thrown in
The OMG trip June 14 30th Birthday present from the hubs
Girly trip March 14 A last min cheapy week
September 13 our first all DVC stay
TR May 2013 the last min bargain trip offsite
Oct 2012 TR with a cruise!big family trip featuring the beach club, AKL, the dream and a villa offsite
TR on a budget May - June 2011offsite condo
TR Sept - Oct 2010 big family trip in an offsite villa

danijrod's picture

RobynPrincess wrote:
Try looking at the French dlp site, they are cheaper than the UK site

Thank you I will. I've just been reading how its getting investigated about unfair prices so maybe something will come from that also.

I really appreciate all your help.

designedbydisney's picture

I have always found phoning DLP is the best way to get the best price

Aw man we already checked in!! Although last time, even with checking in online, there was a CM waiting with our names on an iPad and we got immediate and personal service. It was a such an awesome magical touch! Totally unexpected! I'm not expecting anything this time. That's what makes the surprises so much more fun! Smile