Princess Half Marathon Weekend Support Group - 2018

Login to post comments
188 posts / 0 new
disneydoc's picture

Way to go! Awesome job

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker DIStickers.com Ticker

Becks534's picture

Lesson learned today - do not mess with Runkeeper during your long run. I paused it at one point and didn't restart. On my honor, cross my heart and hope to die, I did 4 miles. Average pace - 16:04. Take THAT scary balloon ladies. biggrin

Kristen K.'s picture

I found this ribbon prayer holder on my 3-miler today. I tied on a pink ribbon and prayed that I get to the finish of the Princess Half. laugh

PreviewAttachmentSize
prayers-to-finish-the-princess.jpg
prayers-to-finish-the-princess.jpg122.95 KB
Spook's picture

Kristen K. wrote:
2019 Princess is something on my mind, we'll see how 2018 goes first!

I completed my 5-miler today and I'm so proud of myself! I even finished 10 minutes faster than I had anticipated.

Way to go Kristen! yay yay yay

Spook's picture

disneydoc wrote:
Hey Kristen - I think you are right about missing the registration window - duh! Guess I will plan and register for 2019 - wanna come?

Can I come too? biggrin

JMed's picture

Kristen K. wrote:
yay Becks!

Becks534 wrote:
I decided to watch a video Kristen K suggested on YouTube tonight and it was great fun running along with the Princess Half 2017. At one point, I realized I was running 3:00/1:00 intervals (HUGE accomplishment for me) and I wasn't dying.

LoL! Do I have to share my YouTube runner crush... errrr... training buddy with everyone now? Oh - alright...
When you're struggling on the treadmill, just pull up one of Gerald's runDisney race videos and run the course with him. The production quality is really high, and he runs with a gimbal so its all nice and smooth. Running "with" him on the Disney courses really makes treadmill time go fast.

https://

Got adjusted this morning after a rough weekend in the mountains. Hip was feeling better than it has in a while and instead of "taking it easy" I googled this video and hopped on the treadmill. No running, just walking. I told Joe I was only gonna do about 10-15 minutes. I made it to the end of the video. I hit 1 mile at 23:04. Even if it hurts, I'm gonna struggle thru it.

"I do not like the cone of shame."

"I want adventure in the great wide somewhere. I want it more than I can tell."

"It seems to me that we have a lot of story yet to tell."

Jennifer Huotari | Create Your Badge

The Huotari's Disney Adventures | Promote Your Page Too

Kristen K.'s picture

Isn't it a great video to walk to!? I love Gerald's runs.

Kristen K.'s picture

I was in BEAST MODE today! laugh Don't laugh, I'm making progress.

How is everyone else doing? Are you out there running? Walking? Have your workouts been feeling good? We have 37 weeks to go!

PreviewAttachmentSize
6-13-17-beast-mode.jpg
6-13-17-beast-mode.jpg107.95 KB
JoAnn C's picture

Beast mode - love it

I need to get back on track.

JMed's picture

I'm so far off track. Going back to the rheumatologist, too many pains... sad sad

Kristen K.'s picture

JMed wrote:
I'm so far off track. Going back to the rheumatologist, too many pains... sad sad

Oh no! sad I'm so sorry to hear that.

Kristen K.'s picture

Did you know that today is national hydration day?

Jeff Galloway shared some tips for training in the heat!
http://disneysportsnews.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/5/pdf/rundisney-training-consultant-jeff-galloway-shares-hydration-tips-for-runners-on-national-hydration-day.pdf?t=1498248396

Kristen K.'s picture

**** July Check - In ****

Hello hello! We have 33 weeks to go until Princess Weekend. How is everybody doing with their training programs?

I've been doing pretty good, at least I was until I caught a summer cold and had to take the past 10 days off. I'm mostly recovered and it was my plan to get back to it today. However - on my way to the gym I stopped at a new running store in town and they talked me into coming to run with their beginner group tonight. I am really slow, so I'm super nervous about having strangers with me, but the store's owner promised me that she would stick with me. They do a 10 week 5K training program and the next one starts in August, and the owner said that I could do the next 4 weeks with them for free. I figure I have nothing to lose, so why not.

What have you all been up to?

JMed's picture

Better!!! We've been walking every night. 2 miles tonight. We are doing this 1. to try to shed a couple pounds before Disney 2. to get used to walking in the heat for Disney and 3. to get me back on track! Wink

Great news about Fleet Feet. I have a friend here who does runs with them. I would love to but with work travel, it's almost impossible for me. Sad

Hope we are all moving and grooving!!

Spook's picture

Just started training for Wine and Dine! Once that is over with, I'll start the Princess training. I always follow the Galloway plans on the rundisney site. My local running store has a clinic coming up. Still debating if I want to join. It runs from August 9- October 14, twice a week. Erik has no interest in it, so I'm debating whether to join. I'm worried about over training since I'll be running with the clinic and Erik laugh

JoAnn C's picture

I need to get back in to training. I did walk about 5 miles in Annapolis on Saturday.

JoAnn C's picture

I should look to see if there any local running clubs.

Kristen K.'s picture

JoAnn C wrote:

I really had a good workout with the Fleet Feet group I went with on Monday, and I plan on going back next Monday. I actually managed a pace that is 3 minutes faster than I tend to do when I'm out on my own. Now - my endurance kinda sucked and I didn't finish the whole 3 miles, but at least I know now that I can do a 16:30 pace.

JoAnn C's picture

Kristen K. wrote:
JoAnn C wrote:

I really had a good workout with the Fleet Feet group I went with on Monday, and I plan on going back next Monday. I actually managed a pace that is 3 minutes faster than I tend to do when I'm out on my own. Now - my endurance kinda sucked and I didn't finish the whole 3 miles, but at least I know now that I can do a 16:30 pace.

I found one in my town. It's not a Fleet Feet group but looks like it is somehow associated with it. I'm going to look into it further this weekend. They meet on Tuesdays.

Kristen K.'s picture

Has anyone started thinking about costumes yet? My plan is to be Cinderella's Fairy Godmother for the Half, and the Ocean from Moana for the Castaway Cay 5K

JMed's picture

no clue what so ever

Spook's picture

Rapunzel for sure, probably for the half. Belle for another. Third I'm thinking Snow White because I feel like she'll be the theme this year.

Need to get my costumes ready for Wine and Dine first laugh

Kristen K.'s picture

Spook wrote:
Third I'm thinking Snow White because I feel like she'll be the theme this year.

I'm going crazy waiting for the theme announcement.

JoAnn C's picture

I haven't thought about it either. I need to figure out what to wear for W&D 5K too.

JoAnn C's picture

Had a though this afternoon. Would any of you ladies be interested in afternoon tea at The Grand Floridian Princess weekend? Maybe Saturday? I'm starting to think ADRs as that will be coming up before you know it.

JMed's picture

I would love to but unfortunately during the day I will be tied up. Our agency is also having on onsite meeting that weekend. I will have evenings free to meet up with y'all. I think Thursday night we are doing a company dinner and we are on our own the other nights.

Kristen K.'s picture

I want to, but I'm not entirely sure it will work out for us. Because it will be my first half I'm really focusing on what I need to do to get through vs. fun Disney stuff.

Geordon and I are getting in Friday, but I'm not sure when yet.

I'm doing Expo and Packet on Saturday. Becks and I were going to order from a local pizza place and have dinner by the pool at AKL before heading to bed EARLY on Saturday. I'm thinking I need to be asleep by 7-8PM at the latest if I'm going to have a chance at finishing the half.

Spook's picture

I'd be interested mickey

JoAnn C's picture

Spook wrote:
I'd be interested mickey

Cool. I'll be booking it on a couple of weeks.

Spook's picture

How's everyone doing? I can't believe it's ADR day this week! I booked my flight the other day. My waitlist hasn't come through yet for Animal Kingdom Lodge. Might be "stuck" at Bay Lake laugh My new running friend that I met through the Princess facebook group ( I mentioned that in a previous post awhile back if you remember lo), might not be able to go eek Issues have come up at work and shes not sure she'll get the time off now. I really hope she can make it! She was so excited sad