Princess Half Marathon Weekend Support Group - 2018

Login to post comments
188 posts / 0 new
Spook's picture

My training will commence next week. Taking this week off after running all 3 races this past weekend at Wine and Dine.

On a non training note, it's really starting to look like my friend can't go sad

JMed's picture

Sounds like everyone is doing great!!!! Way to go friends!

Me on the other hand, probably won't participate. After the wreck on Monday I've been having more problems with my legs. I didn't think anything was wrong but the pain hasn't let up the last few days. I also have a huge bruise on my left leg so not really sure how it happened though...

I'll just have to take it as it comes I guess.

"I do not like the cone of shame."

"I want adventure in the great wide somewhere. I want it more than I can tell."

"It seems to me that we have a lot of story yet to tell."

Jennifer Huotari | Create Your Badge

The Huotari's Disney Adventures | Promote Your Page Too

Kristen K.'s picture

I'm trying to get back to walking, but my sleep schedule is so messed up right now that it's hard. My hope is to get to the gym tomorrow so we can get this thing done and hope on that cruise ship with medals around our necks!

Becks534's picture

I was slacking last week and didn't get anything done over the weekend. sarcastic Back at it last night - 3 miles on the elliptical and 1 on the treadmill. Got my long run in somehow or other. I'm trying out a new routine for this week - Monday, Wednesday, Friday instead of Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday. Tues/Thurs are usually pretty packed and it's hard to find the time and energy to eat lunch and get to the gym after work. (No really, I seriously don't have the time to eat lunch most days) We'll see how it goes!

The training schedule says 2 30 minutes runs and a 2 mile run this weekend. I'm running a Turkey Trot 5K with some friends from work on Sunday and it's supposed to be a lovely 32 degrees on race day. Yay? My countdown timer says 100 days to go. How did that happen?! eek

JoAnn C's picture

I was hoping to at least get some walking in this week. I got sick. Hopefully next week.

Becks534's picture

So the Turkey Trot went splat for me. waiting Race temps were low 20's with a windchill and I was having trouble feeling my feet at the start. I was also having a much harder time breathing (snotty nose) and the wind felt like it was in your face no matter what direction I was heading. Couldn't find my work buddies and then my phone died a half mile in. No idea of my pace, nothing to time intervals, no idea what my actual time was and NO MUSIC! eek eek eek Not gonna lie - I seriously thought about quitting right there. Fortunately, my feet kept going when my brain was like "I'm out!". Still, pretty discouraging. Thanks to Kristen K for talking me off the ledge and mopping me up afterwards - gotta love Facetime!

Five miles for my next long run. Not going to give up - one foot in front of the other.

Spook's picture

Becks534 wrote:
So the Turkey Trot went splat for me. waiting Race temps were low 20's with a windchill and I was having trouble feeling my feet at the start. I was also having a much harder time breathing (snotty nose) and the wind felt like it was in your face no matter what direction I was heading. Couldn't find my work buddies and then my phone died a half mile in. No idea of my pace, nothing to time intervals, no idea what my actual time was and NO MUSIC! eek eek eek Not gonna lie - I seriously thought about quitting right there. Fortunately, my feet kept going when my brain was like "I'm out!". Still, pretty discouraging. Thanks to Kristen K for talking me off the ledge and mopping me up afterwards - gotta love Facetime!

Five miles for my next long run. Not going to give up - one foot in front of the other.

This is the perfect example of why you should NOT feel discouraged. Pretty much everything that can make a race horrible and make you want to quit happened. But guess what? YOU. DIDN'T. QUIT. You should be so proud of yourself! I am! Running is very much a mental game. The mental aspect is usually much harder than the physical aspect. One of my favourite quotes is "Your legs are not giving out. Your head is giving up. Keep going."

You're going to rock that 5 miles! mickey

Spook's picture

Well it's official. My running buddy is not able to go to Princess due to work issues sad Now I have to cancel our dining reservations sad

JoAnn C's picture

Spook wrote:
Well it's official. My running buddy is not able to go to Princess due to work issues sad Now I have to cancel our dining reservations sad

You're welcome to join my cousins and I for breakfast. I have reservations at Kona, Trattoria al Forno and Trails End.

Spook's picture

JoAnn C wrote:
Spook wrote:

You're welcome to join my cousins and I for breakfast. I have reservations at Kona, Trattoria al Forno and Trails End.

Those are some good reservations! Is Trattoria al Forno the breakfast with Rapunzel and Flynn?

JoAnn C's picture

Spook wrote:
JoAnn C wrote:
Spook wrote:

Those are some good reservations! Is Trattoria al Forno the breakfast with Rapunzel and Flynn?

It is. We have Afternoon Tea on Saturday too. Smile

Spook's picture

JoAnn C wrote:
Spook wrote:
JoAnn C wrote:
Spook wrote:

It is. We have Afternoon Tea on Saturday too. Smile

I have the tea time written in my plans already mickey I'm looking forward to it!

Kristen K.'s picture

I've gotten back to training in an attempt to make it to the Castle. I came across something on another fan site that said the average sweep time for the halfs is 18:42. I don't know how accurate that is, but I think that if it is true, I just might be able to get my big butt to the Castle before I'm tagged out. I've been to the gym 4 times now (I know, big whoop) and Saturday I did a 3.25 run/walk that felt pretty great. I've got 60 days to pull it all together! laugh

Becks534's picture

Kristen K. wrote:
I've gotten back to training in an attempt to make it to the Castle. I came across something on another fan site that said the average sweep time for the halfs is 18:42. I don't know how accurate that is, but I think that if it is true, I just might be able to get my big butt to the Castle before I'm tagged out. I've been to the gym 4 times now (I know, big whoop) and Saturday I did a 3.25 run/walk that felt pretty great. I've got 60 days to pull it all together! laugh

It IS a "big whoop"! I'm proud of you!

Spook's picture

So Erik and I joined an winter running clinic at our local running store. We run Wednesday and Saturday every week. Wednesdays are speed work and Saturdays are long runs. We also have a Monday and a Friday run on the training schedule we were given. You have your choice of a 10K, 15K or 30K training program so we went for the 30K so I could use it for Princess training.

Here's the thing. The run/walk method is pretty much no existent here and this run clinic is no exception. Everyone runs the entire time eek We decided to try it and guess what? This past Saturday we ran an entire 14K (8.6 miles) without stopping! I couldn't believe it! We are going to keep trying to run the entire distance but we will walk when we need to. They recommend that if you want to run intervals, we should try for 9 or 10 mi run and 1 min walk. Everyone is very nice and supportive. The owner of the store always comes around and asks everyone how their run went and is just super awesome. We're really enjoying the clinic. On Saturdays before the long run, we have a talk about different things. This week was stretching. I love having the educational part of running too.

The clinic is actually training for the Around the Bay Road Race in Hamilton, Ontario. We haven't decided whether or not we're going to do the race yet. Erik isn't sure about running 30K laugh

Kristen K.'s picture

That's fantastic! Good job Spook!

I have been a slug, but I have come to a point of acceptance i my (lack of) abilities and stupid metal leg. That being said - Becks has been kickin' butt.

Kristen K.'s picture

I can't wait to meet y'all!

PreviewAttachmentSize
princess-meet-up.png
princess-meet-up.png113.86 KB
JoAnn C's picture

clapping clapping clapping clapping clapping clapping

Spook's picture

yay yay yay yay yay yay

Becks534's picture

Kristen K. wrote:
That's fantastic! Good job Spook!

I have been a slug, but I have come to a point of acceptance i my (lack of) abilities and stupid metal leg. That being said - Becks has been kickin' butt.

I don't know about "kicking", maybe giving it a hard poke? My long run today did not go very well; I started off outside and bailed after 3 miles to go to the gym. Judge me all you want, I hate winter and I super hate running in the cold. 3 miles on the treadmill at the gym and life intruded. I lost my focus and realized I wasn't going to make the distance I wanted. On my honor, I'm going back tomorrow to finish up. I'll feel better knowing I've covered the long run distance, even if I had to do it over 2 days. I can't believe we're under a month to go! mickey

JoAnn C's picture

the event guide and course maps are available.

clapping clapping clapping

Spook's picture

JoAnn C wrote:
the event guide and course maps are available.

clapping clapping clapping

Yay!
I want the corrals to be released! And I wish you found out what corral you're in for the 5K and 10K before the expo waiting

Spook's picture

Corrals are up awesome I'm in Corral D

Kristen K.'s picture

Becks and I are in G, but we still get a jump on the balloon ladies yay

Spook's picture

Kristen K. wrote:
Becks and I are in G, but we still get a jump on the balloon ladies yay

Awesome! I hear the corrals will be released in waves so the closer you are to the front of your corral, the bigger the jump you'll have! Are you going to run together?

Kristen K.'s picture

We're going to stand in the corral together, but we're going to run our own races. She's done so much better than I have, my health is not going to allow me to finish, but I think she's going to do great.

Spook's picture

Kristen K. wrote:
We're going to stand in the corral together, but we're going to run our own races. She's done so much better than I have, my health is not going to allow me to finish, but I think she's going to do great.

It's nice to have company in the corrals mickey

JMed's picture

I am STILL waiting on our agency's agenda but we had to wait to hear back about some news (we are doing a VIP Tour!!!) before finalizing anything else.

I know we have the Boathouse (my first time) one night and possibly Sanaa (I could go every trip) another. I promise to let you all know as soon as I do when I have some free time!

muchlove

JMed's picture

OK, Thursday I am free until about 3.

I may have some free time on Saturday evening and then some on Sunday before heading home.

A lot less time than I expected but I hope to see most of you if only for a quick hi hello hug and selfie!!!

muchlove muchlove

While I am excited to finally meet all our other agents I'm a little bummed I don't get to spend more time with all of you!

JoAnn C's picture

JMed wrote:
OK, Thursday I am free until about 3.

I may have some free time on Saturday evening and then some on Sunday before heading home.

A lot less time than I expected but I hope to see most of you if only for a quick hi hello hug and selfie!!!

muchlove muchlove

While I am excited to finally meet all our other agents I'm a little bummed I don't get to spend more time with all of you!

I'll text you when I am on the Magical Express on my way to Pop on Thursday.