The Roberts' take on Food and Wine 2017!

Login to post comments
35 posts / 0 new
amy1989's picture
The Roberts' take on Food and Wine 2017!

Hi Guys!

so I'm reeeeeeeeeally late in doing this - its been written for months and my pictures have been ready to update but due to crazy events just before we went some of which are detailed in our day before travel! the impacts of those things rolled over til we came back with added jobs at work that I wasn't expecting this has took way longer to post - honestly I wasn't sure if I was going to but even if nobody reads it I do love reliving the trip and in all honesty it was one of my favourite trips for many reasons! so please feel free to read and join along if not no worries I've enjoyed writing it anyway!

so without further ado our trip report!

Hi all and welcome to another trip report from the Roberts', a little introduction I'm Amy 28, Disney mad and getting worse by the day! My mammy dearest Susan I shan't give her age away but she isn't 28! This is our 17th Trip but also the 2nd for this year! Oops! This is us!

We were originally booked into Caribbean Beach from 10/02 but we realised we would miss EPCOT's 35th Birthday so we decided to extend the trip by a couple of days, there was no rooms in our budget for the full trip so we ended up with 9 nights at Caribbean Beach and 2 nights at Boardwalk Villas we were super excited! We then found out Caribbean Beach was going to be having a lot of massive construction so we decided to switch resorts, Port Orleans Riverside was available so we decided to pay the extra then also upgrade to DDP with Table service meals, when I rang Disney to make this change they told me I could stay at Saratoga Springs in a studio with the DDP included for less than it was going to cost me to add the DDP to our Port Orleans booking so it was a no brainer " staying in a deluxe studio for less than a moderate sign me up!

So we were travelling down to Manchester Airport on the Friday so finished work, went home on the Thursday evening ready to start final arrangements for leaving you know those last minute jobs to find a pool of water in our back lobby, the boiler was leaking from EVERYWHERE! Frantic phonecall to my uncle who knows people managed to get a plumber out to stop the water and get the water back on but the boiler was totally gone we would need a completely new one " happy holidays! Luckily we were staying overnight at Manchester so would be able to have showers etc there but not exactly what you want the day before you go away! However we were super thankful it happened on the Thursday and not the Friday the situation could have been a lot worse!!!

Friday 29th September

So after the day before we genuinely thought today might not come! We had plans to leave about 11-11.30 but it's us so that didn't happen! 12.30 before we actually left, quick stop for petrol (gas and we would be on our way............15mins to get petrol I have never in my whole life waited 15mins to pay for petrol!!! We were finally on our way!!!

We had a coupon for 2 6inch meal deals at subway so we stopped for them yum! It was a bit rainy and miserable not the ideal driving weather but nothing was going to dampen our spirits and the weather clearly gave in as the clouds parted for sunshine and we had beautiful weather for the most of the journey!

Untitled by Amy Roberts, on Flickr

We also made pretty good time seen as we hit rush hour at a major city (Manchester) and before we knew it we reached our destination for the evening " Premier Inn Manchester Airport, this is our 3rd stay and I have to say the best one so far! We were placed in room 531 on the 5th (top) floor and we could see our terminal, see the planes landing (never did work out where to see the planes taking off from) and could actually see a Virgin Atlantic plane tip!! I was so excited! The rooms at this premier inn are HUGE considering they are classed as a budget hotel chain we love staying here it has everything we need I would recommend it to anyone!

We had a meal plan so headed down for food just before 6pm, we both had a glass of rose wine which went down so well we ordered a second glass! For mains mam has a sirloin steak and I had a mixed grill both of which were cooked to perfection and super yummy! We also got desserts I had vanilla ice cream with salted caramel sauce and mam had eton mess again both were so lovely highly recommend! We went back to the room for showers and to watch the last of the soaps before going stateside the next day, I don't know how we managed to sleep not only were we going to Disney we were staying in our first ever deluxe resort!!! Eak!

Allie's picture

A late trip report is better then no trip report! And I will for sure read it! Sorry to hear about your boiler! What a way to start a vacation! yuck

amy1989's picture

Allie wrote:
A late trip report is better then no trip report! And I will for sure read it! Sorry to hear about your boiler! What a way to start a vacation! yuck

thanks!!! glad to know you will!! you couldn't have made it up I'd been stressed all week trying to sort work stuff out, got to the Thursday night left work ran straight upstairs to get changed out of work clothes even made a little "eeeeee im finished work" snapchat video then walked downstairs to find my socks were soaking wet!!!

luckily our luck did change so we didn't get stuck with bad luck through the trip!

hoping to get some more put on today! yay

amy1989's picture

Saturday 30th September

Yay its Disney day!!! We were woken up to the calming sounds of the circle of life at 5.30am, we got packed up and ready fairly quickly, took the bags to the car and went in for breakfast, this is included with our meal plan and it's a good start to your day, we don't eat a whole lot but the stuff is nice and fresh

We moved the car from the airport hotel to meet and greet car park at terminal 2, I was a bit worried about the access to the drop off as they are doing a lot of improvement works to terminal 2 but it couldn't have been easier the whole process was straightforward and simple just what you want at 7.30am!

We made our way into the terminal the check in/bag drop lines were quite large but we seemed to move quickly and we were heading up to go through security, we bought a fast track thing for security it's only a couple of pound but you aren't as rushed so it gives you a bit of time to get yourself sorted because here in the UK they make you take EVERYTHING out, electricals, all jewelry, shoes, coats, cardigans, everything you pretty much have to repack and redress yourself at the other end, I don't mind because it's all for your own safety and security but by using the fast track you just have a little breathing space!

Once we were through the other side we popped into duty free and picked up some make up for mam then we were pub bound! We did a little research and found there was another server of alchoholic beverages so for pure research we sacrificed ourselves to try it! The place was called the Spinning Jenny and they did our favourite cider " rekorderling Passionfruit mmmmmmm yum!

We finished our drinks just in time for a gate to be announced so we headed down and before long we were being boarded, for some reason it wasn't as chaotic boarding as it usually is but I wasn't complaining!

We got our seats and settled in I believe we took off on time and for the first time wifi was available on the plane so obviously I had to try it " this is awesome!!! I felt like it made the journey go a bit quicker messaging the bestie (danijrod) and getting some gorgeous pics of her beautiful daughter was great! I just napped a little and listened to music " I did try to watch a film but the sound wasn't right don't know why but it was fine coming home so it was obviously just me!

We had sausage and mash for lunch it was very nice but I found it quite spicy " this is coming from the person who can barely handle nandos just plain chicken so maybe I'm not the best judge! We also get a standard fab lolly which was yummy as usual!

Then it was time for the afternoon tea now if you have read any of my previous trip reports you will have heard about my disgust of lemon crisps (chips) I mean it just doesn't work! So you can imagine there was nearly a huge "woop" on the plane when I opened the box to find ready salted crisps back in the box!!!! Finally normal service has resumed people I can sleep soundly at night again!

I didn't write any of my notes on the plane this time as I nearly always put on "we look like we are going to arrive on time and something happens and we are late every.single.time well obviously that's the curse because folks we landed on time! someone was obviously looking down on us today!

We were some of the last off the plane (we sit right at the back of the plane through personal choice) and despite not actually being at the back of the line for immigration we ended up being the very last people through because mam broke 2 machines!!! We were waaaay longer than we should have been the next flight was starting to filter through! But 3rd time a charm and we were through to the final checks " quickest time ever we were through both parts of immigration, bags picked up and dropped back off for magical express by 3.40 which only took 1hr 20mins from the plane landing on the ground " that's really good!!!

We made our way to the magical express check in, as we were booking in the lady was admiring my Ursula bag so was telling her all about primark (AKA my favourite shop in the UK that I think may be on its way stateside!) and it was only as we were standing in line waiting to get on the bus that mam remembered we hadn't told her about picking the cases up to be transferred to the hotel " CRAP! Quick run back and it was easily fixed phew dodged a bullet must remember priorities!

We got on our bus and found out we were the first stop yippee! We got all checked in and were at our room by 5pm " just to put in perspective just how quickly we got through immigration etc we are usually just arriving to check in for ME by that time so we made super good time!

We were given room 4008 OMG what a room this was our first time staying in a deluxe anything and the first time we had a balcony OMG I was in heaven, I didn't have anything to compare it to but I thought the room was pretty fantastic and now I'm home I'm pining to go back!!!

*cue overload of Boardwalk Villas studio*

We decided to head out in search of food but as we were walking back along the corridor I have to give a big shoutout to this area, I'm not really sure of the purpose of the area but I LOVED it if I had been at the resort for longer I'm sure I would have made use of this because the corridors went on forever!!!! But at the same time I have not a bad word to say about this resort it was amazing and I'd go back in a heartbeat!

We couldn't decide what we fancied and seen as we were so close to EPCOT we thought we would try our luck at using our tickets early ( we had 14 day tickets but they were connected to our second booking starting from 2nd so we were only using 9 days of the ticket) anyway we went to guest services and spoke to a lovely lady called Coco, we found out there was a problem with the way the ticket had been issued (and as I'm typing this I never actually found out if it got resolved but we never had any problems with our tickets on the trip!) and whatever the problem was it was Disney's fault so she gave us tickets into EPCOT for the night! We already had bought a separate day ticket for the EPCOT celebrations tomorrow as I wasn't missing it so we were sorted for the rest of the trip " big shoutout to Coco bless her she was on ages trying to fix it

This was our first time in a theme park on travelling day!! We were very excited! We were walking around still didn't know what we wanted so decided to stay safe and go to liberty inn at American Adventure they did a surf and turf so we had one each, its not the best I wont lie but it was the most perfect thing someone could have given me after travelling day!!

We headed back and it started to rain just a trickle really but it slowly got heavier and heavier until it was a full blown rainstorm we got to the boat dock to take shelter and we were soaked through! But we decided we might aswell just go for it we were soaked anyway and our cases would have arrived by now........famous last words! We got back to the room resembling 2 people having taken showers fully clothed I mean it was dripping off the end of my nose and everything! we got to the room " no cases! Rang down to front desk who said they were on their way and as soon as they arrived they would bring them straight up, mam jumped in the shower and just stayed in the bathroom til the cases arrived, me I made a very fetching outfit from the blanket off my sofa bed and my hoodie, I was worried I would start a trend but it didn't take off thankfully! The front desk rang to let us know the cases had arrived and the guy was on his way up, now I could have kissed this man who brought my bags but I did restrain myself enough to thank him and get the cases inside

While we were waiting I spotted the star wars fireworks at Hollywood studios so tried to get a few pictures they aren't the best but it was awesome to watch! By the time the cases did arrive I was sooooooo tired that I just pulled my sofa bed out and went to sleep

Allie's picture

Passionfruit Cider?! I need this in my life! And glad Coco was able to get everything worked out for you!

amy1989's picture

Allie wrote:
Passionfruit Cider?! I need this in my life! And glad Coco was able to get everything worked out for you!

you do!!! don't know if they sell it over there but it is amazing!!! she was so lovely and whatever she did it worked!!! haha

danijrod's picture

Love it as always! thank you for the shout out to me and Sophie! yay laugh

This feels like longer ago!

xxx

Kristen K.'s picture

Allie wrote:
Passionfruit Cider?! I need this in my life!

That sounds delicious muchlove

amy1989's picture

danijrod wrote:
Love it as always! thank you for the shout out to me and Sophie! yay laugh

This feels like longer ago!

xxx

of course I mean I pay you in Magic cookie bars to say nice things but I still like it laugh

of course you and Sophie helped me across the atlantic!!!

Kristen K. wrote:
Allie wrote:
Passionfruit Cider?! I need this in my life!

That sounds delicious muchlove

its soooooooo nice! if you ever find it deffo try it!

amy1989's picture

Sunday 1st October

Happy Birthday EPCOT! Party Party
We woke around 6am which is fairly late for us! We pottered around the room and basically stared off our balcony so much so we didn't leave the room til 8.40! we thought we would be late but even with a quick coffee stop for mam we made it perfect time as we got there they had just started letting people in! super! it was so calm and collected I love this entrance sooooo much every park should have one of these entrances!

We had a plan to walk up to France and get a quiet breakfast in Les Halles there was a man on a Segway, a custodial lady putting those cardboard bins up they have out for food and wine festival and a guy on morocco side of the rope making sure nobody got past it was fab got some great pictures!

We walked in to Les Halles and there must have been at least 10 staff and just us like literally we were the only people in the whole of France that didn't work there! We ordered a croque monsieur, strawberry tart and a drink it was very yummy!

As we were walking in it started to rain and got heavier and heavier, more people started to arrive but we had nearly finished by then we literally had the whole place to ourselves for half the meal it was great! We decided to brave the rain, got our ponchos out and on, stepped outside and it stopped! It was a first day miracle!

We had a slow walk down there was more people around but not loads managed to get some great pictures with hardly anyone around this is a major plus of staying at Boardwalk or Yacht & Beach and I would certainly do it again (heck I'd do it tomorrow if I could get the time off work!)

Crowds had started arriving for the EPCOT 35th Ceremony, I didn't have the greatest view but I could hear, it was kicked off with Marichi Cobre who I just love! Then there was a few speakers I have totally forgot their names sorry! Then ended with Voices of Liberty and characters coming onto the stage well the song just got me and I had a little tear in my eye, it wasn't out of this world amazing but I was so honoured to be there!

We headed to our first FP of the day Soarin first ride of the trip and boy it didn't disappoint I loved the original version but I do absolutely LOVE the new version too! I spot more and more things everytime I ride big tip lean forward a little and look left and right I find it fascinating!

We then had FP for Living with the Land I mean what trip is complete without at least 1 trip around the greenhouses!

Seen as we were in the area we decided to jump on the seas with nemo and friends I know it's a real kiddies ride but I love it!

We had FP for Spaceship Earth because what anniversary would be complete without a ride in the big ball!, we had made FP expecting lines to be crazy and we were right, from where we were we could see the line for the 1 day merchandise I'm sure it was well over 30mins It was nearly back to the entrance and in full sun " no thank you I have my free map and button! Spaceship Earth was amazing as usual we got what I believe to be our funniest create our future video, anyone who knows us knows we are the exercise people and eating healthy isn't even in our top 100 favourite things to do so we decided to do pretty much the opposite of everything we would usually put and it was sooooo funny!

Seen as we didn't have the dining plan today we thought we would try out the mobile ordering at Electric Umbrella (all I had wanted since I landed yesterday was a burger) apparently we ate here on some of our first trips but I can honestly never remember eating here I always thought it was kind of meh I was never bothered about eating here if that makes sense? but looking at the menu they did a cheeseburger combo which aswell as the burger and fries you also got a cupcake or brownie and a drink seemed like a good deal so we had one of those and then bought a separate burger on its own (I wanted a bacon cheeseburger!) we placed the order then walked around and found a seat, marked to say we were here and watched the app while it went through the various stages of being prepared, I went down and the order was actually just there waiting for me it was great, the food was fresh and hot and oh my did it satisfy my need of a burger it was super yummy! If we are eating OOP again I would certainly do this again I think it's a wonderful addition! " since I wrote this they have now rolled out mobile order for DDP users too which makes me very excited to try and see if it still works as stress free as it did before

We decided to have a look in mousegear for some of the non date specific merchandise as there was a few EPCOT 35 items I wanted, no luck the shelves were empty! We decided to head back to the room for a little rest/nap it was amazing to just say "oh shall we head back" and it was all on our own timetable, no running for buses or waiting for a bus to come I loved it!

We headed back out around 6pm, I had a plan in place, I really wanted the special pin and lanyard for buying a $200 gift card but we also wanted the tasting sampler which was another $70ish so we went and bought the gift card then used the gift card to buy the tasting sampler " we got some praise for thinking this out from the CM I felt quite proud! So tasting sampler and gift card in hand it was off to the Food & Wine booths!

Flavours from fire was first we had the corned beef and the piggy wings both were yummy but I preferred the piggy wings.

We started to see people walking around with special "35" glasses so we asked and someone told us they had just bought them from the light lab " so off we went! Sure enough they had some but not loads you could buy the drink which was curve blue something sparkling wine or with a commemorative glass for $13 so me being me and wanting to try and catch a bargain I asked if we could use the tasting sampler vouchers, the voucher didn't say they couldn't be used but also didn't say if it could be used, the guy serving us said as long as it didn't say it couldn't be used then we could! Yay! It was sooooo nice as I'm typing this I could drink one right now.........

While we were in the light lab I wanted to see if they had the special cotton candy bags too with "35" on (can you see a theme yet?!) so I asked if they had any cotton candy they said yes put the order through and waited, I couldn't see them out anywhere so I thought they must have them hidden........imagine my surprise when I got handed a drink stupid me didn't realise when I said cotton candy they did the T=C2 drink with cotton candy in it oops! I wish I had known the way they make them is so cool I would have taken a video! You can imagine my mams face when she is already holding 2 drinks and I'm on my way to her with a 3rd! It was a really nice drink but super sweet I mean SUPER SWEET!

Finally moving on to more food we went to Earth Eats for the peanut mousse thing I had this last year and was yummy and this year certainly didn't disappoint! Mmmmm

Realising that we may actually need some proper food that's not alcohol or dessert we went for some comforts of the china booth! We got some potstickers and Black Pepper Shrimp yummmmmmm we found a spot just inside the china pavilion with a little seat and decided to sit there and see what we could see of the fireworks, with my mams bad knees and not being able to stand in 1 position for long periods of time we have started doing this more and more and honestly I love it we have found some great uncrowded spots with seating and this was 1 of those gems! They had illuminations on as normal but they had a special 35th Celebration fireworks after, I videoed but pictures and videos do not do it any justice at all it was visually spectacular I didn't know fireworks could be that large or that high so obviously I cried!

I was so overwhelmed that we opened and closed the same park in the same day we have never done that before and I was so honoured to be able to do that on the 35th Anniversary, we took a slow walk back to our room (I'll never get used to saying that!) and had a glass of wine on the balcony before knocking out some zzzzzz's

Allie's picture

Oh my gosh, I know right?! There is nothing like that International Gateway entrance! I never want to stay anywhere else besides an Epcot resort now because of it! And I have never seen Les Halles not completely crammed with people so that is awesome!

amy1989's picture

Allie wrote:
Oh my gosh, I know right?! There is nothing like that International Gateway entrance! I never want to stay anywhere else besides an Epcot resort now because of it! And I have never seen Les Halles not completely crammed with people so that is awesome!

it was the best!!! I just really need to win the lottery because the prices from the UK almost make you want to faint!!!

it was really strange like there was about 10 cast member behind the counters......and us!!! haha I highly recommend it because it was so peaceful and serene I could have stayed there forever!

amy1989's picture

Monday 2nd October

Moving Day! Was super sad to be Leaving Boardwalk we had such an amazing time and didn't even scratch the surface of this wonderful resort! We packed up our bags, arranged for Bell Services to transfer bags to Saratoga Springs and off we went for Breakfast at Cape May Cafe!

We got checked in and seated really quickly and very close to the buffet " they must know me well! I got this orange, passion fruit and guava juice OMG it was amazing! Try it if you get the chance! Our lovely server told us which way the characters came so we wouldn't miss them; this was great we didn't just have a guessing game!

We managed to get a plate of food before Minnie came around and we had our pictures taken I also got a picture of each of the characters on their own, next was Goofy and then my main man Donald!! I told him he was my favourite and my car was named after him he was so amazing all 3 had great interactions not just with us but with other families, you know really taking their time to interact with the whole families it was so wonderful to see the meal wasn't rushed or anything I would highly recommend coming here!

Oh also mam made a face with her buffet food " she says it wasn't intentional I'm not sure I believe her!

We were picking up the hire car from the Dolphin hotel, when I discovered this was a thing I thought great this will save us loads of time.........how wrong were we, first of all you have to walk about 3 mile to get to the entrance of the dolphin from the Yacht & Beach club then once we got there, they had a conference or a convention or something going on and there was thousands of people there I mean thousands you couldn't move! We didn't know where we were going, asked about 4 different people once we found the entrance to the dolphin where the Alamo car pick up was nobody knew all I got was directed to concierge with vague directions when we got upstairs to the lobby there was another few thousand people and you could barely see 1 feet in front of you so finding the concierge was a challenge in itself again nobody was helpful and just saying "over there" or something similar, finally found concierge and they told us it was in the Disney planning centre so back we headed to there, the guy at the Alamo desk was great so helpful complete contrast from the people outside, we got our car details and then he said we had to make our way to the swan to pick the car up? erm okay but it was the dolphin that had the rental desk? So we struggled our way back downstairs and through the crowds to the equally crowded Swan battled our way through to the front to valet where we had to pick the car up, they took the keys and were gone ages, they couldn't find the car! So another guy had to run out to try and find the car all this time we had no apology no nothing and I was getting stressed as I didn't know if we would have time to do everything we wanted to with the car, eventually the car arrived and it was over an hour from arriving at the Dolphin to getting the car, the system they have in place currently isn't great even without the conference that was on the systems is still very misleading so eventually we were on our way!

We finally made it to the premium outlets we got a few bargains and things to bring back to people back home next on our list was Walmart and brought back a small child in weight of candy (caramel m&m's mainly!) aswell as some pop and stuff for our room at Saratoga Springs which was our next destination! We found our way fine but once you get inside that's confusing! We checked in and found we had a room on the 3rd floor in the Paddock, it was nice but it was a bit of a let-down after Boardwalk room which had just been refurbished, and the view of the car park and road was a stark difference to the view of the beautiful waterways and tower of terror in the background so it was a big adjustment the room is nice but it desperately needs updating and the sofa bed was nowhere near as comfy as the Boardwalk one!

We were supposed to be going to EPCOT tonight but we changed the plans because we just didn't have the energy and needed showers etc so we got bags brought up to the room, unpacked and walked to Disney springs " this is so cool! The walk is beautiful and it didn't seem like it took too long, we called in the world of Disney picked up our gift cards then to Blaze for pizza " I mean this pizza is the best thing in my life!!!

We got the bus back to the resort and showers and bed for us!

danijrod's picture

Eurgh what a faff on to get the car!

More trip report please!!! ... laugh

amy1989's picture

danijrod wrote:
Eurgh what a faff on to get the car!

More trip report please!!! ... laugh

it was honestly the worst car pick up I've ever had in my life! this was why I couldn't text you that day I was too stressed!

ahem some of us have work to do when we are at work! waiting

amy1989's picture

Tuesday 3rd October

We got up to take the car back, the gas was very expensive to fill up the tank.........$3.94! we took car to drop off and explained the issues we had with the Dolphin pick up, we weren't the only ones who highlighted issues and they did say they were going to address it with them to try and get it sorted so fingers crossed they have!, we asked to be dropped off at the contemporary so we could walk to the Magic Kingdom, this is a great walkway I thought it was pretty quick but mam wasn't convinced! We made it to the gates and walked through quickly and there it was the castle ahhhhhh! They had the flag at half mast out of respect to the victims of the horrible Vegas tragedy

We made it up to Be Our Guest in time for our Breakfast reservation, I had a feast a la gaston and mam had a croque madam which she said was even better than the pork at lunch!! Well I never!!

We didn't have any FP this morning but Under the Sea had no wait so off we went which I love so much!

We then walked to the train in Fantasyland and got the train back to Main Street USA and as we were coming out of the train station the Move it, Shake it, Dance it, Play it I stopped to take a few photos up on the train station as there are some stunning views from up there then headed downstairs where we caught the Move it, Shake it, Dance it, Play it finishing!

We headed out to get the bus to AK and just missed one! It was 20mins exactly til the next bus arrived! We arrived rather quickly and headed straight for Pandora, it was cloudy but OMG the place is stunning! I mean it is what they say it is its all immersive and pictures just do not do it justice not even close!

My only small issue is you cant see where you have to go for the attractions, because of all the floating trees and waterways etc you just cant see how you get in especially to Flight of Passage we spent ages trying to find our way in but boy can I tell you I am sure pleased we did find our way in that ride is like something else entirely I wouldn't worry about being able to fit on the supports were nowhere near me and even mam who has problems with her knees was very concerned as to whether she would be able to get her legs into the position to be locked in but again this wasn't a problem at all she was more than comfortable " small tip if you can take a hair band or a bandana or something to put over the glasses to keep them on your head you will thank me for the tip! Massive difference to just keeping hold of the glasses on your face!

We came out and got a night blossom in Pongu Pongu we got 1 to share and I think that was enough! We also popped into Satuli Canteen for the cheesecake OMG I could eat one now that was just amazeballs!!!

We walked up the new connecting path to Africa this is great! Saves loads of time! And made it in time for Festival of the Lion King we were in the Warthog section it was amazing as usual I absolutely adore this show so much! Like sooooooo much it's a must everytime we are lucky enough to visit WDW

We had FP for Kilimanjaro Safaris so we went on that we saw some great animals! You never know what you are going to get on a safari!

by Amy Roberts, on Flickr

this isn't what you usually expect on the safari!!!!

It was starting to rain a little but burudika were performing just beside Tusker House so we stood and watched them they were so great and the dancers just pull you right in you cant help but move to the beat!

We headed to Tiffins early when Burudika finished plus we were quite hungry we didn't get seated any earlier but we did get a seat in the waiting area, before we came we were both a bit hesitant didn't know if we would like the food, flavours etc but we wanted the Rivers of Light package so we thought what have we got to lose......

Our server was Shawn he was so knowledgeable even telling us about the inspiration for the room we were in he was so knowledgeable about the food and everything he was superb! We started off with grilled octopus, it didn't look like much but OMG it was amazing it was so fresh and cooked to perfection!

We have the waygu steak and beef brisket for mains this is quite honestly the best bit of steak I have ever tasted in my life!! There's not enough words to explain how amazing this steak was, the portions didn't look huge but I was certainly filling up!

For dessert we had calamansi mousse so light and fresh it was simply the best way to end the meal I mean we didn't have any crap meals but this was certainly up there with some of the best meals I've had on property! I should point out we didn't share the courses we just had the exact same things!

We settled the bill and set off to try and walk some of the calories, we arrived and got our seats for Rivers of Light we had a perfect spot and as before the show was amazing its not a must do every trip, we headed straight out and got the bus back and a glass of wine in the room before bed!

JMed's picture

That meal at Tiffins looks ah-mazing!!!!!

"I do not like the cone of shame."

"I want adventure in the great wide somewhere. I want it more than I can tell."

"It seems to me that we have a lot of story yet to tell."

Jennifer Huotari | Create Your Badge

The Huotari's Disney Adventures | Promote Your Page Too

amy1989's picture

JMed wrote:
That meal at Tiffins looks ah-mazing!!!!!

oh it was I highly recommend it to anyone!!!

amy1989's picture

Wednesday 4th October

We arrived at Magic Kingdom made our way back to Big Thunder Mountain and made it just in time for the end of our FP window! It was amazing as usual I love this ride! We walked down to Peter Pan's Flight and used our FP (I refuse to stand in the stupid long lines for this!) I love the ride its very nostalgic but the wait times are just insane for the amount of time you are actually on the ride!

We were pretty hungry so headed to Columbia Harbour House, we haven't been here for a few trips but it was just as fabulous as I remembered it to be we both got the trip platter which was chicken nuggets, fish and shrimp, it was very fresh and well prepared yummy!

We had a little bit of time before out next FP so we jumped in Mickey's Philharmonic this is always a favourite with us we also used this free time to ride It's a small world I love it but the song gets stuck right in your head!

It started to rain but it didn't last very long and before we knew it we were riding 7 Dwarfs Mine Train! We decided to head out before the parade to go freshen up in the room showers etc then it was time to head out to EPCOT but seen as we had just missed an EPCOT bus we jumped on Hollywood Studios bus and used the boat to get to International Gateway " we love doing this especially with mam's dodgy knees if we need to be at World Showcase it's a bit less walking to get to where we want to be

We headed up to France first and got 2 boeuf Borginon and a la passion slush mmmmmmmm all yummy!

Next was Ireland booth for Irish sausage again this was very nice and would have it again

Canada for Filet Mignon was next as no trip to the Food and Wine would be complete without it!

Mam found a seat which is rare so I left her with bags while I went and got a wine slush from New Zealand and 2 lamb chops from Australia, the wine slush was amazing I could just drink 1 now! The lamb wasn't as good as past years I think the changed it but it was quite tough and chewy still nice but wasn't rushing back for another one

We walked up the garden path to Islands of the Caribbean for Quesito this was a big hit last year and it did not disappoint yum-my!

Last item of the night came from Hawaii in the form of a passion fruit cheesecake " oh my there are not words this was the best thing ever!!!

All in all we had a super successful night at Food and wine there was nothing I didn't like or couldn't eat it was perfect! We headed out before the fireworks so we could get back to the room for wine and bed!

amy1989's picture

Thursday 5th October

We had a bit of a later start today but I had an important task a member of this group really wanted some food and wine passports to help her plan for her upcoming trip, picking them up was no problem but I had never posted anything in the US ever so off I went with the passports, 2 special 35th Anniversary maps as an extra bonus and my address! I got directed to the gift shop where the lovely cast member behind the desk gave me an envelope, sold me the stamps and even loaned me his pen to write it out, also needed help peeling the stamps off the paper on the back *rolls eyes* I know I'm useless! But thankfully they made it in 1 piece phew!

We finally headed out for Hollywood Studios and when we arrived we headed to Star Tours for first FP amazing as usual!! It was about time for our Mama Melrose meal, we dined here in April 2016 and we were super impressed we said we would come back and seen as we were on TS dining we decided to do the Fantasmic Dining Package we both had Calamari for starters oh my yum! I love Calamari anyway but it was cooked to perfection!

Mam got Steak for main I had the special which was pork oh em gee if you ever go and they have the pork main (obviously if you like pork that is!) you will not regret it; it was like a pork shank it was amazing!

For dessert we both had the dessert sampler which was tiramisu, blood orange cake and lemon cheesecake with passion fruit pearls on top they were all yummy! We will certainly be back here whether on dining package or just as a meal it's superb

We decided to rest ourselves for a few minutes and jumped in Muppetvision I know its older and the technology isn't fab but I do still love it, I can't listen to "dream a little dream" without hearing a miss piggy "hiyah!" in the middle!

It was time for our FP for Toy Story Mania of course I won! Then managed to get in Voyage of the little mermaid at last minute it's a cute little show I love the bubbles!

We had a bit of time to kill before our Tower of Terror FP, usually we would have rode the Great Movie ride but seen as its been closed we had a gap in our little schedule I do miss it sad eventually we headed for Tower of Terror the we managed to ride twice not sure if the ride had short waits or if I managed to snag another FP straight after! Either way it was awesome!

We decided to go get our seats for Fantasmic we have never been in the dining package section but oh my it's amazing! You are so central didn't realise how much you missed from being slightly off to one side! I got a refill popcorn bucket to keep me occupied while we waited for the show to start I mean what can I say about Fantasmic its just amazing!!!

We got out and got on a bus no problems and before long we were drinking wine in bed! Perfect!

JMed's picture

Sorry I made your day a late start!!!! But thank you sooooooo much for the passports!!!!!!!! muchlove muchlove muchlove muchlove

amy1989's picture

Oh Jen you didn't! I enjoyed doing it because it was a new thing to do and it arrived safely so must have done something right!!!

amy1989's picture

Friday 6th October

We had another bit later start as we knew we would be out late tonight we headed off to Magic Kingdom about 11 and we luckily got a bus within a few minutes " we were actually quite lucky with buses this trip!

We arrived at Magic Kingdom and had reservations for Tony's with the Festival of Fantasy dining package but we were a little early so we went and picked up some gifts (both for us and some people back home) and made it just in time to check in at Tony's

We got seated quickly and started with calamari (what else?!) if it's on the menu I'm having it! It was HUGE! Could have easily been a main course

We both had steak for Mains very flavoursome and juicy!

For desserts mam has the vanilla cheesecake with pumpkin base and I had the vanilla gelato both were super yummy and this is another big hit on our list we will certainly be back!

We took our tickets and made our way to the dining package area, we were a bit early but we spotted a bench and with mam's dodgy knee we thought it would be best to have a seat best decision ever but boy was it HOT!

The parade was amazing we had a family with 2 kids next to us and all the characters were waving it was great to see the looks on the girls' faces to see all their favourites waving at them!

Once the parade passed we made our way to Fantasyland and used our 7 Dwarfs Mine Train FP we were in the back row and its awesome if you get the chance try it!

We walked around to TTA we love this so much! As we were touring round and near the end of our ride it looked like Carousel of Progress was about to go in so we headed up there they said the ride was down and they needed to reboot it, while all this was going on it started to pour, thunder, lightning the whole lot so we hung around hoping it would come back on and sure enough it did busiest I've seen COP in years! We travelled all the way round listening to progress and lets sing it together "there's a great big beautiful tomorrow" you are welcome that will be stuck in your head all day!

We came out and it was still raining so poncho's on and off to Haunted mansion for next FP love the ride and I had missed being in the stretching room! We came out and it was still raining we headed for the exit so we could check in for Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party, originally we weren't coming because the prices were just too expensive but a UK site reduced the price and we got 2 tickets for less than the price of 1 so I wasn't saying no to that!

We got checked in, wrist bands and trick or treat bags in hand and headed to the first trick or treat location " behind Main Street! It's the best you get a little bag full of treat yummy! The party hadn't officially started yet and we were super thirsty so we headed to Cosmic Rays it was okay crowd wise we could have got food but we had a plan in place.......more on that later!

I got changed into my Halloween costume " I was Minnie Mouse there's no pictures because I didn't feel like it was very flattering so I refused to have my picture taken! But I had a Minnie mouse tutu, black top and Minnie mouse ears " it was a last minute thing!

We walked up to Fantasyland and rode the train around to Frontierland where we jumped on Big Thunder Mountain we managed to get off just in time for the party starting so lets get trick or treating! By heck they don't half make you walk for your candy!!!

We had a plan in place to do as many tick or treat around fantasyland & Tomorrowland etc then go for food at Pinocchio village haus, the plan was going well until we got to Pinocchio's and realised it wasn't open by this point there was only cosmic rays, Casey's corner and Pecos bills open, I don't like spicy or Mexican food so Pecos bills was out so we decided to try cosmic rays as at least they have seats, we managed to find a seat outside and I went and got us burgers which were really nice but we wished we had realised before as we would have ate sooner!

It was nearly Hallowishes time and I wasn't missing it I love it! We found a bit of wall to rest against just on Tomorrowland side of the hub we had a perfect view of the fireworks and it wasn't crowded it was great! You might not have the best view of the castle but I wasn't bothered! Hallowishes is just awesome and the finale where it like fills the park is just amazing love it!

There was a Hocus Pocus show straight after so we made it to near the front of the castle to watch I LOVE Hocus Pocus soooooo much it's like one of my favourite films so this is just like all my dreams coming together!!! I just sang at the top of my lungs from start to finish!

We headed to Liberty Square to watch the Boo-to-You parade " again one of my favourite things ever! We weren't super close we were behind the planters beside the Hall of Presidents, the parade was delayed 15mins due to the weather but it was worth the wait again I sang my little lungs out and actually we had a pretty awesome view! I did try to take some pictures but I'm not sure how good they are! We decided to leave the park as it was nearly closing heard the few last bars of "I put a spell on you" as we were walking out

I love the Halloween parties but looking from when I first went to now it's a lot more crowded than it used to be and for the normal ticket price I'm not sure I would pay it having said that if I got the same deal again would I go? Don't even need to ask me twice!!!

We got back to the room about 1.30 there was no wine just bed!!

danijrod's picture

No wine just bed rolling

Kristen K.'s picture

Love your Halloween Party pics, and the pictures of your food at Tony's actually looks pretty tasty. I would totally try that vanilla cheesecake with pumpkin base.

amy1989's picture

danijrod wrote:
No wine just bed rolling

this just sums up me really doesn't it?!

Kristen K. wrote:
Love your Halloween Party pics, and the pictures of your food at Tony's actually looks pretty tasty. I would totally try that vanilla cheesecake with pumpkin base.

Tony's was really nice we are doing the same package when I go next week hoping its as good as before its deffo worth a try!

amy1989's picture

well I really need to get a move on with this trip report seen as I'm away again on Friday! so without further ado........

Saturday 7th October

We were supposed to be heading out to Hollywood Studios but we were so tired from last night we decided to sleep a little more then head to Disney Springs we got the bus down and headed for lunch at nowhere else than - Blaze! It was amazing as usual! We had a look in a few shops and made a couple of purchases before jumping on the boat to Port Orleans Riverside.

I was feeling very homesick and honestly wanted to stay I love new experiences but for me nowhere will ever top POR! We were visiting to pick up a supply of magic cookie bars for a certain best friend of mine *cough cough danijrod* it's such a beautiful resort take me back!!!!

We had a mini adventure getting back we got the bus to Disney Springs then the bus to the Springs at Saratoga so we could pick up some packages then headed back to the room to freshen up before heading out to Magic Kingdom

There was a HUGE black cloud hanging over Magic Kingdom and by the time we arrived by bus it was a full on thunderstorm, absolute chaos trying to get through bag check because people were just walking under for shelter but they were blocking the bag check so took ages to get in, because of this we were a little late for our Be Our Guest reservation but we got seated almost straight away, in the ballroom right near the windows where it snows " perfect!

Me and mam has exactly the same meal we both had cider aswell as a soft drink, steak for mains and the grey stuff for dinner we were really impressed with the quality of the food and we will certainly be back so now I love all 3 meals at BOG!!

Because we were late and had our meal our original plan to see Happily ever after went out of the window but we did see the end above the beasts castle which was really special I cant actually wait to see it from the front of the castle as I've heard good things!

We had a quick ride on Winnie the pooh and a look in the shops before heading back to the resort for wine and bed!

amy1989's picture

Sunday 8th October

We were headed to Disney Springs this morning we waited aaaaaaaages for a bus to come which was unusual because we had such good luck the rest of this trip! Once we finally got on the bus we were straight over to Raglan Road for brunch!

We checked in and got a spot right in the centre " perfect! We thought it was quite quiet but we realised that the music didn't start til 12, we were a bit disappointed but it did give us a bit chance to get our orders and stuff in before the music and dancing started!

We were given this fruit smoothie shot thing it was very fruity and I wasn't keen but mam liked it and I thought it was a nice touch!

We both had steak and eggs, the eggs were poached and battered which looked very strange but take my word for it " it was amazing! So much so we are heading back on our trip next week because we can't stop thinking about the steak and eggs!

For dessert we had the dessert samplers which had dunbrody kiss, chocolate mousse, trifile sinful and bread and butter pudding, I don't like trifle and mam isn't keen on the bread and butter pudding so we did a swap this served me well because I loooooove the bread and butter pudding! It was beautifully presented and I would certainly have it again!

We got on the bus back to Saratoga Springs and the Animal Kingdom bus was just behind the one we were on so we got to Animal Kingdom much quicker than we thought!

We headed straight for Pandora " this area is so much better when it's blue skies and sunny it just makes the area look that much more special! I cannot wait to see it at night!

We had FP for Flight of Passage I took my hairband with me to secure the glasses more to my head so I didn't have to hang on " best idea ever it really helped and made the ride so much more intense I LOVE it!

We left and got a night blossom each as much as I love them a whole 1 is too sweet for me

We went up to Kilimanjaro Safaris we were delayed because of animals blocking the paths " after all it is there land we are invading! Great safari!

Next was Expedition Everest I mean this is one of my favourite rides in Disney I just love it! We had a quick stop at the first aid to get some antibiotic cream for some bites that had cracked the skin (we did have cream we brought with us but couldn't be used on cracked skin!)

We headed back out for the bus which took ages to arrive, quick stop and change back at the room and off to Turf Club this had been recommended by a few of you on here especially the mashed potatoes......well they did not disappoint they were amazing!!!

We had sharing calamari for starter which was delicious! Then I had pork belly (which was a starter but asked for it as a main with a side of mash!) Mam had lamb and mash all of which was out of this world I tell ya!

We didn't have room for dessert but we did get cheesecake to take back to the room which I can also was amazing when we ate it we would certainly come back to eat here!

Back to the room for wine and bed ready to start the next day!

amy1989's picture

Monday 9th October

We were headed to EPCOT this morning a bus pulled up pretty quick but it was super full so we decided to wait for the next one " literally right behind it was another bus with nobody on! Perfect!

We had our first FP for Soarin' which was amazing as per usual I don't think I ever get tired of riding it! We went in a few shops before deciding to have a ride around on figment....45min wait!!! I kid you not even the cast members were surprised it was such a long wait! We managed to snag a FP to go on right away but there was even a line in that! I don't think I've waited so long for figment ever in my life!!!

We went n a few more shops before starting so snack around the world, Thailand was first today and we had the peanut chicken " it was okay but the peanut flavour was too strong for me

We went into the odyssey centre and had a bright horizons which was very nice and refreshing, also managed to pick up my cotton candy in the 35th bag when I ate it at the airport on the way home it was very nice! And we had the handwich which was nice but wouldn't be dying to go back for another

We walked a little further along and made it to the Mexico pavilion they had a wonderful day of the dead exhibition on (which was also linked to Coco coming out) we rode the gran fiesta tour and that had a line " what was up with EPCOT today!

We moved swiftly along to China where we had the duck in steamed bun " very nice, the chicken in a steamed bun " very nice but very spicy and the pepper shrimp " oh my favourite!

We popped into the Brewers collection for a pomegranate beer which was really nice and super refreshing

Spain was next on the list and we had the paella, we both love paella but we felt it lacked flavour which is what we love so much about it " wouldn't hurry back

We stopped at Hops and Barley for my mam to have the lobster roll " I'm not a fan but she loves it

By this point we were pretty full so decided to go back to the room and recharge before heading back out to Hollywood Studios " with a little help from some wine!

We arrived about 7.30 and saw the movie magic projection " it's really good if you get a chance to see it! And after the Star Wars Fireworks they just give me goosebumps I do love them so much!

We were hungry by the time the fireworks finished so we decided it would be a good idea to get the bus direct to Disney springs for a blaze pizza....unfortunately for us so did pretty much everybody else in Hollywood studios! It took us over an hour to get on a bus so by this point we were nearly eating eachother!

We finally made it to blaze and got the pizzas they were lovely as usual but the papers got mixed up so we got the wrong pizzas " it was easily fixed but just make sure you get what you order!

We got back to the room around 11.30 and just crashed ready for our last park day sad

JMed's picture

Couple of things
1. wine and bed - this is my favorite
2. how in the world are you using the hair band for the FoP glasses
3. i LOVE those mashed potatoes.... i neeeeeeed them now!

amy1989's picture

JMed wrote:
Couple of things
1. wine and bed - this is my favorite
2. how in the world are you using the hair band for the FoP glasses
3. i LOVE those mashed potatoes.... i neeeeeeed them now!

I love my wine and bed!!! this will be a recurring thing when we come back!!

its a big hair band you put the glasses on then the hair band and it keeps them in place!

me too.....I could just eat those mashed potatoes!!!