Romantic Dinner for Two?

Login to post comments
17 posts / 0 new
Offline
Joined: 06/02/2015
Posts: 462
Romantic Dinner for Two?

Hey all! As many of you know I am getting married next year and we are doing our honeymoon at Disney World. (September 9th-18th) There are a few things I want to do for sure:
One is MNSSHP for sure! I did it back in 2011 and it was a blast!
The Garden Grill is definitely on my list I went for the fist time in 2013 with my now fiance
The other for sure thing I want to do is a "fancy" romantic dinner for the two of us as its our honeymoon.

My hope is to stay at The Wilderness Lodge Villas for our trip, back up plan if we cannot get a room there is Port Orleans Riverside. So I was thinking about going to Artist Point. But I have never been there and I seem to get mixed reviews about it. Are there any other suggestions? Or any more reviews of Artist Point. I just have to be able to call ahead or tell the waiter about my food allergies (wheat, gluten, barley, rye, and oats).

__________________

Kris1971's picture
Offline
Joined: 08/10/2011
Posts: 2350

We did the California Grill on our Disneymoon! It was fantastic, and we timed it so we could watch the fireworks from the top of the Contemporary....very romantic!

__________________

Offline
Joined: 06/02/2015
Posts: 462

I just checked their menu and they actually have Gluten/Wheat free options right on their menu even desserts it might definitely be a contender!

__________________

The Colonel's picture
Offline
Joined: 11/08/2012
Posts: 2936

I don't know how a special diet would work, but for a honeymoon, I would think V&A is warranted. A memorable meal for a memorable occasion.

__________________

See my Disney Photography at...
https://www.flickr.com/photos/rt_images/

DVC owner since 2002 BCV/BWV/BLT/VGC

crazycatperson's picture
Offline
Joined: 09/19/2011
Posts: 3709

Artist Point is lovely, IMO right up there with California Grill in terms of food quality. We actually liked our Artist Point entrees better than those at California Grill, although CG won on appetizers and desserts.

BarbaraB's picture
Offline
Joined: 03/13/2014
Posts: 402

The Colonel wrote:
I don't know how a special diet would work, but for a honeymoon, I would think V&A is warranted. A memorable meal for a memorable occasion.

I agree 100% with The Colonel. If you can afford it, Victoria & Albert's is the place to go! Very romantic with top-notch food (best in all of Disney, in my opinion) and attentive servers. It's not on the Dining Plan, so you'll have to pay out of pocket and it is quite expensive, but well worth it. You could easily spend $500 for dinner for two.

I wasn't sure about your food allergies so I did some research. I saw this on another website, "Guests with dietary restrictions choosing to dine at Victoria & Albert's at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa should call (407) WDW-DVNA or (407) 939-3862." It seems it would be possible to accommodate you with your food allergies.

If V&A is out of your price range, my second choice would be California Grill with the Wishes fireworks.

If your heart is set on Artist Pointe, then go for it. I've never had a bad meal there, and I actually liked their creme brulee better than V&A's.

__________________

~ Barb ~

Offline
Joined: 03/22/2014
Posts: 552

I'm the old curmudgeon who says to skip California Grill. We found it over-priced and over-rated. I also think there are about a million other place to see the fireworks from that are nicer and places that the food is better.

However, if you choose California Grill I highly suggest trying to call in advance, not only for your allergies, but also to request a table that has a view of the fireworks and schedule your dinner for firework time. It's not worth standing on the "balcony" (AKA the hideous roof), but sitting at your table, watching them while eating and listening to the music might be pretty cool.

Otherwise this might be your view over the back of a high backed booth. Some "view" huh?

PreviewAttachmentSize
cg_rooftop.jpg
cg_rooftop.jpg133.73 KB
__________________

Allie's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/26/2012
Posts: 5477

Artist Pointe has gotten some really good reviews on these boards lately so I'd probably go there if you're staying at Wilderness Lodge. Otherwise we LOVED Cali Grill on our anniversary last year. We didn't get a seat by the window, but we took our beverages out and enjoyed the fireworks from the roof and thought it was very romantic. Plus the food was incredible.

Offline
Joined: 06/02/2015
Posts: 462

BarbaraB wrote:
The Colonel wrote:
I don't know how a special diet would work, but for a honeymoon, I would think V&A is warranted. A memorable meal for a memorable occasion.

I agree 100% with The Colonel. If you can afford it, Victoria & Albert's is the place to go! Very romantic with top-notch food (best in all of Disney, in my opinion) and attentive servers. It's not on the Dining Plan, so you'll have to pay out of pocket and it is quite expensive, but well worth it. You could easily spend $500 for dinner for two.

I wasn't sure about your food allergies so I did some research. I saw this on another website, "Guests with dietary restrictions choosing to dine at Victoria & Albert's at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa should call (407) WDW-DVNA or (407) 939-3862." It seems it would be possible to accommodate you with your food allergies.

If V&A is out of your price range, my second choice would be California Grill with the Wishes fireworks.

If your heart is set on Artist Pointe, then go for it. I've never had a bad meal there, and I actually liked their creme brulee better than V&A's.

V & A was the first to pop into my mind. Though I'm not sure if it will meet our budget. My fiance would die if we spent $500 in food! lol eek He would be like, "I could have bought such and such Mega Truck part for that!" lol I however am I HUGE foodie so I'm sure if it's that much it is worth it. I have section on our Disney Honeymoon registry for a romantic dinner I made it for $250 so that is our budget. I am not sure if V & A is within that or not?
The reason I choice Artist Point is because of the location if we are staying at the Wilderness we are going to want to come back and change out of our park clothes and into nice clothes. But the California Grill isn't that far away from there either. And V & A is also close as well.

__________________

BarbaraB's picture
Offline
Joined: 03/13/2014
Posts: 402

V&A is a prix fixe menu. In Sept 2014 it was $150 per person, plus $65 per person if you want the wine pairing (both of you do not have to get the wine pairing, though), plus some up-charges on some of the menu selections. Here's a picture of our menu to give you an idea on the up-charges:

Like I said before, I think Artist Pointe is good, too, and very convenient if you're staying at WL. Cali Grill is only a 5 minute boat ride away from WL. I think whichever one you pick will be fantastic because it's your Disneymoon!!!! It'll be magical!

__________________

~ Barb ~

Mcheal's picture
Offline
Joined: 05/19/2011
Posts: 278

Vic and Als meets all your requirements. As for food allergies, my wife has them. When I made our dinner reservations I gave them the list of items she is allergic to. When we showed up they had printed out a completely different menu for her. All alergies eliminated. She was able to order off of my menu if she wanted but she had as many items to choose from as any other diner. Top Notch!

ScottFL's picture
Offline
Joined: 01/28/2014
Posts: 237

If V&A doesn't work into the budget, my personal favorites for a nice and romantic place: Artist Point, Citricos, Narcoossee, Jiko, Yachtsman Steakhouse.

jhugo's picture
Offline
Joined: 01/11/2014
Posts: 717

I am placing my vote for Narcoossee. Romantic and great food. GF has beautiful grounds to stroll thru after your meal or before. Oh and you can see fireworks from there also.

MrHub's picture
Offline
Joined: 10/29/2009
Posts: 9464

V & A is awesome,very romantic and can be extremely expensive in most peoples opinion. You can spend a pretty penny at Cali Grill & Narcoossee's also, they are two of our most favorite restaurants on property. Cali Grill can be loud, especially if you are seated over by the kitchen, but I love the kitchen booths to be able to watch the chefs do their magic with the food. Narcoossee's is more mellow & laid back. The Yachtsman is nice also with very good food. I'd say the Flying Fish also but I here that is going to be refurbed, but I forget when.

Offline
Joined: 06/02/2015
Posts: 462

I checked out Narcoossee's it definitely had me at Lobster Bisque yay but their menu was a lot of seafood and my Fiance is not a big seafood person at all. So I don't think that one would work for us.

BarbaraB wrote:
V&A is a prix fixe menu. In Sept 2014 it was $150 per person, plus $65 per person if you want the wine pairing (both of you do not have to get the wine pairing, though), plus some up-charges on some of the menu selections. Here's a picture of our menu to give you an idea on the up-charges:

Quote:

Like I said before, I think Artist Pointe is good, too, and very convenient if you're staying at WL. Cali Grill is only a 5 minute boat ride away from WL. I think whichever one you pick will be fantastic because it's your Disneymoon!!!! It'll be magical!

Thanks for posting the menu, that is awesome. Although I don't think I actually know what half of it is. It still sounds pretty yummy! Did you get to keep that menu? That would be a cool memory to add to a scrap book or shadowbox.

So I think that these are my top ones so far.
A & V
Artist Point
California Grill

__________________

BarbaraB's picture
Offline
Joined: 03/13/2014
Posts: 402

Yes, you get to keep the menu from V&A. It's personalized. It has your name on it, the date you're dining, and any event you might be celebrating. We were celebrating our 21st wedding anniversary. I believe the menu changes almost daily at V&A so anything you see on my menu might not be available when you go. But from what Mcheal posted, it sounds like your menu could be even more personalized.

__________________

~ Barb ~

Allie's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/26/2012
Posts: 5477

Mcheal wrote:
Vic and Als meets all your requirements. As for food allergies, my wife has them. When I made our dinner reservations I gave them the list of items she is allergic to. When we showed up they had printed out a completely different menu for her. All alergies eliminated. She was able to order off of my menu if she wanted but she had as many items to choose from as any other diner. Top Notch!

That's awesome! awesome