Splitsville Due to Open in "Fall 2012"

Login to post comments
19 posts / 0 new
Kristen K.'s picture
Splitsville Due to Open in "Fall 2012"

Due to Open in "Fall 2012"

Splitsville will be opening soon in Downtown Disney! A 50,000-square foot, two-story bowling complex with 30 lanes, two kitchens, a dramatic balcony, ample outdoor seating, a sushi bar, billiard tables and live entertainment. Disney has declared that the experience will have a unique and improved atmosphere, with upscale food and pleasant service.

Are you looking forward to Splitsville? Do you think Disney needs a bowling alley? Do you think that you'll use it?

JoAnn C's picture

I would check it out but I don't think I would bowl there. If I did, I would have to plan for it and pack my bowling shows. I think it would a good place for a "no-park" day.

angels444's picture

I will go and check it out in Dec just to say I have been there but I can't bowl. (shoulder surgery) Sounds like a sight to behold if it lives up to the hype. I could see some families going there to get away from the parks like they do for mini golf or Disneyquest. I can't say if there are any good bowling alleys in the area maybe it fit a need in the area like the movie theater.

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker Free Disney Tickers

Kristen K.'s picture

My family doesn't bowl so it really hasn't sparked anyone's imagination here. However I'm interested in what sort of entertainment they'll have sice they are saying that it's an entertainment venue. Usually that means some sort of live music. I've also be wondering if you'll be able to get it with the two dining plans that include activities.

Allie's picture

Sounds interesting and if I were able to make it to the World more often I would probably check it out. With only being able to go once every couple of years for a week at a time, I probably wouldn't make the time for it, though.

Magic Mirror's picture

AJ is only interested in seeing the exterior....she is hoping it has neon signs...she loves taking pictures of neon

lynxphil's picture

I live near Tampa where Splitsville was located until they moved to DTD. I miss it. I am glad it is in a place I love so much. Now I have one more reason to visit!

lynxphil's picture

When it was in Channelside there was live bands there.

Nancy D's picture

Yeah, I agree with Joann that it would be something I might checkout on a no-park day, but my trips lately have been 4 day events, so there's hardly any downtime.

But I am COMPLETELY intrigued with Bowling Alley Sushi!!

dewingedpixie's picture

Hmmm this sounds like something fun to do with the people that come for our wedding next year Laughing out loud

Pi}{ie

Member of the ANRF Running Team. As a warrior of arthritis I encourage you to help us end this disease: http://www.active.com/donate/Racing4ACure/Run4Arthritis

Kristen K.'s picture

The date has been announced! Splitsville will be opening on December 19th! I was looking at some food pictures and we may have to stop by just to eat!

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/features_food_blog/2012/12/first-bite-splitsville-at-downtown-disney.html

Jess's picture

I have friends that are down there right now for an all expenses paid trip by Disney. He works in media so he has been there for all the grand openings and press events....They have had parties every night, free food, and concerts. The first night was the Fantasyland party, then last night they had test track and today was Splitsville...they said it was really cool...here's the pics they took and they said the sushi was very good. Sorry the pictures are so grainy....I'm pretty sure he took them from the free ipods they were given.

Allie's picture

Oh my goodness that sushi looks good! DFB posted a bunch of pictures today, too.

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2012/12/10/first-look-splitsville-at-downtown-disneys-west-side/

Kristen K.'s picture

Yummy! Love the DFB pics, it looks pretty cool.

robertcraig's picture

I DON'T BOWL PLAY BILLIARDS OR EAT SUSHI SO IT IS A NO NO FOR ME

robertcraig

Kristen K.'s picture

Splitsville opens today at DTD!

http://www.wdwforgrownups.com/articles/splitsville-luxury-lanes-open-downtown-disney

Vettelover's picture

Really sorry but my bowling ball and I will not be able to make the grand opening. sarcastic But it does sound like a fun place to spend an evening. If there are any lanes open.

dewingedpixie's picture

Ok these new posts settle it. This looks like our welcome party location Laughing out loud.

Pi}{ie

Member of the ANRF Running Team. As a warrior of arthritis I encourage you to help us end this disease: http://www.active.com/donate/Racing4ACure/Run4Arthritis

Kristen K.'s picture

awesome