Survivor: Disney Princesses Edition - aka Grownups like Princesses Too :-)

Login to post comments
116 posts / 0 new
Lizzy_B's picture
Offline
Joined: 10/25/2010
Posts: 3246
Survivor: Disney Princesses Edition - aka Grownups like Princesses Too :-)

We might have to widen the field for this one....and I'll try to remember as many as I can - if I forget some, please add to the list.

Which princess will be left standing? Which character/story do you like best/least? Make your argument, too. I like to hear the reasons behind your votes.

Snow White - 5
Cinderella - 5
Aurora - 5
Ariel - 5
Belle - 5
Jasmine - 5
Giselle - 5
Rapunzel - 5

__________________

Jess's picture
Offline
Joined: 03/04/2011
Posts: 3280

It's up to you if you want to count her or not but all the Disney marketing counts Tiana from princess and the frog as a princess. Then there are also those who have the debate about if Mulan and pocohantas are princesses. And who's Giselle?

__________________

Tony's picture
Offline
Joined: 12/23/2009
Posts: 1260

Giselle is the princess in Enchanted. At first she seems the odd one out here as it's a real person movie, but there's a bit at the start and at the end of the movie that's animated.

I'd definately count Tiana too.

__________________

I can only please one person per day. Today isn't your day... tomorrow doesn't look good either.

admin's picture
Offline
Joined: 08/14/2010
Posts: 2732

I'm bumping one from Giselle. I find her incredibly annoying!!! laugh

Snow White - 5
Cinderella - 5
Aurora - 5
Ariel - 5
Belle - 5
Jasmine - 5
Giselle - 4
Rapunzel - 5

Tony's picture
Offline
Joined: 12/23/2009
Posts: 1260

Snow White - 4
Cinderella - 5
Aurora - 5
Ariel - 5
Belle - 5
Jasmine - 5
Giselle - 4
Rapunzel - 5

Sorry Snow White. If Ariel doesn't win I'll sulk.

__________________

I can only please one person per day. Today isn't your day... tomorrow doesn't look good either.

Lizzy_B's picture
Offline
Joined: 10/25/2010
Posts: 3246

Oh no! Yes! Totally we should count Tiana! I knew I'd forget someone (and I know there are other heroines, like Pocahontas and Mulan, but I was trying to stick with Princess-y types.)

Fun - I know Giselle is a little questionable, but I love the animated bits in that one, too.

So here's the new list with Tiana included, and with everyone else's input:

Snow White - 4
Cinderella - 5
Aurora - 5
Ariel - 5
Belle - 5
Jasmine - 5
Giselle - 4
Rapunzel - 5
Tiana - 5

Feel free to argue the merits of their princessness Smile

__________________

Jess's picture
Offline
Joined: 03/04/2011
Posts: 3280

Snow White - 4
Cinderella - 5
Aurora - 5
Ariel - 5
Belle - 5
Jasmine - 5
Giselle - 3
Rapunzel - 5
Tiana - 5

I'm dinging one from Giselle because A. I've never seen that movie and B. i don't think disney really considers her a princess

__________________

teacherdrama's picture
Offline
Joined: 03/11/2009
Posts: 698

Snow White - 4
Cinderella - 5
Aurora - 5
Ariel - 5
Belle - 5
Jasmine - 5
Giselle - 3
Rapunzel - 5
Tiana - 4

I know she was a late edition, but Princess and the Frog just wasn't that good...

Why would Disney think Randy Newman was the right person to write a full on musical?

__________________

Zipadeedoodah -- yeah, man

DonaldDork's picture
Offline
Joined: 01/23/2011
Posts: 621

As a Disney Cast Member, I can assure you that yes, Tiana most certainly IS considered a Disney Princess. Giselle however, is not. (But that's too bad because I really LOVED Enchanted!)

Anywayyyyyy I am going to have to knock Snow White. I'm sorry, I know she was the first but that voice just makes me root for the Evil Queen.

Snow White - 3
Cinderella - 5
Aurora - 5
Ariel - 5
Belle - 5
Jasmine - 5
Giselle - 3
Rapunzel - 5
Tiana - 4

Mase's picture
Offline
Joined: 03/02/2011
Posts: 5438

Snow White - 3
Cinderella - 5
Aurora - 5
Ariel - 5
Belle - 5
Jasmine - 5
Giselle - 3
Rapunzel - 5
Tiana - 3

Tiana for me. Just didnt like that movie at all. Seemed sooooooooooo forced.

__________________

- 2013 Trip Report!
- My Int3ractiv3 Trip R3port '12 - CLICK HERE!
[url='http://www.wdwforgrownups.com/forum/pick-mases-dinner-disney']- My Interactive Trip Report '11[/url]

caitiesus's picture
Offline
Joined: 03/11/2009
Posts: 682

Snow White - 3
Cinderella- 5
Aurora - 4
Ariel - 5
Belle - 5
Jasmine - 5
Giselle - 3
Rapunzel - 5
Tiana - 3

I am going to have to knock for from Aurora. I just never cared about her/liked her very much!

And Tony - if Belle doesn't win I will sulk.

katrina1122's picture
Offline
Joined: 12/08/2010
Posts: 427

Snow White - 3
Cinderella- 5
Aurora - 4
Ariel - 5
Belle - 5
Jasmine - 5
Giselle - 3
Rapunzel - 4
Tiana - 3

Rapunzel only because I haven't seen that one.

__________________

Wishin' I was at WDW!

JustCar's picture
Offline
Joined: 08/24/2010
Posts: 1042

Snow White - 2
Cinderella- 5
Aurora - 4
Ariel - 5
Belle - 5
Jasmine - 5
Giselle - 3
Rapunzel - 4
Tiana - 3

Snow White just seems too soft.

__________________

Oct 2009 POP
Sept 2011 POP
Oct 2013 Coronado
May 2014 AKL , Magic, AoA Girlie Trip
Oct 2014 CBR Pirate Room Girlie Trip
Nov 2014 DCL Fantasy 7 Night Eastern Caribbean, Girlie Trip, POR Royal Guest Suite, GF Concierge
August 2015 DCL Magic 7 Night Mediterranean
October 2015 DL Grand Californian, DCL Wonder Panama Canal

https://www.facebook.com/MsBubbles
https://www.facebook.com/MVTRavel

Lizzy_B's picture
Offline
Joined: 10/25/2010
Posts: 3246

DonaldDork wrote:
As a Disney Cast Member, I can assure you that yes, Tiana most certainly IS considered a Disney Princess. Giselle however, is not. (But that's too bad because I really LOVED Enchanted!)

Anywayyyyyy I am going to have to knock Snow White. I'm sorry, I know she was the first but that voice just makes me root for the Evil Queen.

Re: Snow White - I know, right?!

I suppose Giselle isn't a "real" princess - more like a tongue in cheek parody - but I love, love, love that movie. The music is tops! (and I so wish I had gotten her tiara when it was all over the Disney Store. It was soo pretty!)

caitiesus wrote:
And Tony - if Belle doesn't win I will sulk.

I'm with you, Caitie. Love, LOVE a princess who READS and is brunette! Smile

__________________

Bella's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/11/2010
Posts: 3886

Lizzy_B wrote:

I suppose Giselle isn't a "real" princess - more like a tongue in cheek parody - but I love, love, love that movie. The music is tops! (and I so wish I had gotten her tiara when it was all over the Disney Store. It was soo pretty!)

I LOVE her too..I think because she's a real person it's harder to think of her in the same light!

On with the game..

Snow White - 2
Cinderella- 5
Aurora - 4
Ariel - 5
Belle - 5
Jasmine - 5
Giselle - 3
Rapunzel - 3
Tiana - 3

Rapunzel..Rapunzel..you are my least favorite.

__________________

mickey Bella


J.P.'s picture
Offline
Joined: 12/08/2010
Posts: 438

Snow White - 2
Cinderella- 5
Aurora - 4
Ariel - 5
Belle - 5
Jasmine - 5
Giselle - 2
Rapunzel - 3
Tiana - 3

I wasn't a fan of Enchanted.

Since no one besides me seems likes Tiana, I'll join with Caitie and Lizzy_B and sulk if Belle (my other fav) doesn't win.

Bella's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/11/2010
Posts: 3886

J.P. wrote:

Since no one besides me seems likes Tiana, I'll join with Caitie and Lizzy_B and sulk if Belle (my other fav) doesn't win.

I like Tiana! I actually thought that movie was great.

__________________

mickey Bella


Tony's picture
Offline
Joined: 12/23/2009
Posts: 1260

J.P. wrote:
I'll join with Caitie and Lizzy_B and sulk if Belle (my other fav) doesn't win.

OK, so I won't hit Belle if you lot promise not to hit Ariel.

__________________

I can only please one person per day. Today isn't your day... tomorrow doesn't look good either.

MrHub's picture
Offline
Joined: 10/29/2009
Posts: 9380

Snow White - 2
Cinderella- 5
Aurora - 4
Ariel - 5
Belle - 5
Jasmine - 5
Giselle - 2
Rapunzel - 3
Tiana - 2

caitiesus's picture
Offline
Joined: 03/11/2009
Posts: 682

Snow White - 2
Cinderella- 4
Aurora - 4
Ariel - 5
Belle - 5
Jasmine - 5
Giselle - 2
Rapunzel - 3
Tiana - 2

I will knock one from Cinderella. I like the character in the non-Disney versions, but not so much in the Disney movie. Plus, she is blond and as a kid it made me mad because blonds got all the attention everywhere else.

I really liked Tiana...the movie was okay but SHE was amazing. I also LOVED Giselle/Enchanted. I watched "How Does She Know' dozens of times!

Mase's picture
Offline
Joined: 03/02/2011
Posts: 5438

Looks like were going again

Snow White - 2
Cinderella- 4
Aurora - 4
Ariel - 5
Belle - 5
Jasmine - 5
Giselle - 1
Rapunzel - 3
Tiana - 2

Going with Giselle.... just dont believe her being a Disney Princess..........

__________________

- 2013 Trip Report!
- My Int3ractiv3 Trip R3port '12 - CLICK HERE!
[url='http://www.wdwforgrownups.com/forum/pick-mases-dinner-disney']- My Interactive Trip Report '11[/url]

teacherdrama's picture
Offline
Joined: 03/11/2009
Posts: 698

Snow White - 2
Cinderella- 4
Aurora - 4
Ariel - 5
Belle - 5
Jasmine - 5
Giselle - 1
Rapunzel - 3
Tiana - 1

I'm sticking with knocking Tiana again. I'll save tough decisions for further down the road (though it seems like we can probably knock this down to an Ariel-Belle-Jasmine show down, doesn't it?)

If you haven't seen Tangled yet, do! I'd have a hard time knocking that movie at all!

__________________

Zipadeedoodah -- yeah, man

Lizzy_B's picture
Offline
Joined: 10/25/2010
Posts: 3246

Tony wrote:
J.P. wrote:
I'll join with Caitie and Lizzy_B and sulk if Belle (my other fav) doesn't win.

OK, so I won't hit Belle if you lot promise not to hit Ariel.

Ooh, an alliance! Deal!

__________________

caitiesus's picture
Offline
Joined: 03/11/2009
Posts: 682

Lizzy_B wrote:
Tony wrote:
J.P. wrote:
I'll join with Caitie and Lizzy_B and sulk if Belle (my other fav) doesn't win.

OK, so I won't hit Belle if you lot promise not to hit Ariel.

Ooh, an alliance! Deal!

I don't know if I can make that deal were talking about it (you know, off the board in real life because we live together) and the more I thought about it, the more Ariel bothers me. She is basically just a whiney little brat who cannot handle being the species she was born. She is pretty and has pretty songs, but she is not exactly the strong female that is in so many Disney films.

admin's picture
Offline
Joined: 08/14/2010
Posts: 2732

Snow White - 2
Cinderella- 4
Aurora - 4
Ariel - 4
Belle - 5
Jasmine - 5
Giselle - 1
Rapunzel - 3
Tiana - 1

I'm taking one from Ariel, because she was just plain stupid to sell her voice to that sea witch for a chance at a boy!

Bella's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/11/2010
Posts: 3886

Ohhhh the backroom dealings are strong in this thread!!

__________________

mickey Bella


Mase's picture
Offline
Joined: 03/02/2011
Posts: 5438

Bella wrote:
Ohhhh the backroom dealings are strong in this thread!!

This could get dirty... im not saying who im pulling for one bit, and probably still wont if she makes it... lol. Brutal in here! eek

__________________

- 2013 Trip Report!
- My Int3ractiv3 Trip R3port '12 - CLICK HERE!
[url='http://www.wdwforgrownups.com/forum/pick-mases-dinner-disney']- My Interactive Trip Report '11[/url]

DonaldDork's picture
Offline
Joined: 01/23/2011
Posts: 621

ok my 2nd vote.. I'm gonna do it.. I'm gonna ding BELLE! because
a) he TOLD her NOT to go to the West Wing!! He told her! and she WENT!
b) Gaston was MUCH better looking than the Prince. (even after he wasnt a beast anymore)
c) she stuck her finger in the gray stuff during "Be Our Guest" but I dont think she washed her hands

Snow White - 2
Cinderella- 4
Aurora - 4
Ariel - 4
Belle - 4
Jasmine - 5
Giselle - 1
Rapunzel - 3
Tiana - 1

In Ariel's defense, her movie singlehandedly SAVED Disney Feature Animation. Without Ariel, there'd be no Belle, Jasmine, Giselle, Rapunzel, Tiana, Lion King, Hercules, Mulan, Pocahontas.. and on and on and on...
The company was about to give up after Black Cauldron and Rescuers Down Under... but Roy Jr and Ariel saved them!!

Lizzy_B's picture
Offline
Joined: 10/25/2010
Posts: 3246

I'm not sure I've actually voted...so one from Jasmine...because what does she really do, anyway, other than look like Leia in that Jabba the Hut slave scene? I mean, she's cute and all, but...whatev.

Snow White - 2
Cinderella- 4
Aurora - 4
Ariel - 4
Belle - 4
Jasmine - 4
Giselle - 1
Rapunzel - 3
Tiana - 1

__________________

caitiesus's picture
Offline
Joined: 03/11/2009
Posts: 682

Wait, so Belle should pick Gaston because he looks better even though he is an arrogant *ss? I think someone misses the POINT of Disney movies.

DonaldDork's picture
Offline
Joined: 01/23/2011
Posts: 621

caitiesus wrote:
Wait, so Belle should pick Gaston because he looks better even though he is an arrogant *ss? I think someone misses the POINT of Disney movies.

I dont miss the point.. sometimes looks matter! besides the beast was a jerk too! Gaston would have changed.. all he needed was a good woman! haha

I COULD CHANGE HIM! I COULD!