Theatre Of Dreams...

Login to post comments
26 posts / 0 new
The Watchmaker's picture
Offline
Joined: 07/08/2014
Posts: 1802
Theatre Of Dreams...

Laugh..I nearly died yesterday laughing..So I met a friends mother and she is going back to WDW next week. Her last trip was exactly twenty years ago, this time she is going with her daughter and grandchildren.." I don't suppose much has changed since my last visit." ... eek That was her quote..Then she said to me, " Don't you get fed up going back after two years seeing the same old stuff." confused ...That's when I floored her... mad ...Well this year we are going in the fall for the first time,so all the Halloween decorations will be new to us, as well as the MNSSHP night, ( she never knew about this event )
Then there's the F&W festival at Epcot,( she never knew about this also ) our first stay at a deluxe resort,all our new restaurants, cellabrating our DS birthday with a surprise cake, and surprising my DW with a champagne breakfast,hiring a sun tracker pontoon to sail the seas,using our new Magic Bands..Whoa!..Stop right there... eek Her mouth is now wide open..." What Magic Bands.?" waiting ..So after a 30 minute talk tour of the theatre of dreams, she is now thrilled to bits about all this new stuff that awaits her..They are staying at Pop Century ( she never knew about AoA either ) ...So heres my question to all of you..What is on your list of new things at Disney on your forthcoming trip.?..Stuff you've never done before..Including new restaurants...Just incase I've missed something out...I'd hate to come home and find out something I'd missed.. muchlove

MrHub's picture
Offline
Joined: 10/29/2009
Posts: 9401

You did just start a thread pretty much asking the same question on 9/19.

http://www.wdwforgrownups.com/forum/looking-forward-all-new-stuff

The Watchmaker's picture
Offline
Joined: 07/08/2014
Posts: 1802

MrHub wrote:
You did just start a thread pretty much asking the same question on 9/19.

http://www.wdwforgrownups.com/forum/looking-forward-all-new-stuff

Oops sorry..Delete please..A sign of bad memory and over excitement and this meeting with this lady.. sad

Kristen K.'s picture
Offline
Joined: 09/01/2011
Posts: 21830

After 20 years she thought not much would have changed!?! Wow eek

Let's see new stuff for our February Trip

1. Typhoon Lagoon - 1st time for Tori, Katie & Geordon. 1st time since 1989-ish for me.
2. Hoop-dee-doo - 1st time for Katie & Geordon. 1st time since 1995 for Kirk, Tori & I.
3. Raglan Road - 1st Time for all of us.
4. Liberty Tree Tavern for Lunch - 1st Time for all of us since I haven't done lunch there.
5. 7DM - 1st time on the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train for all of us.

We're also toying around with renting a pontoon boat or something. We have an entire day set aside for "Downtown Disney & Stuff" so we may hit Splitsville which would be new to us, or do something else that we haven't done before.

JMed's picture
Offline
Joined: 02/16/2014
Posts: 3723

Kristen K. wrote:
After 20 years she thought not much would have changed!?! Wow eek

Let's see new stuff for our February Trip

1. Typhoon Lagoon - 1st time for Tori, Katie & Geordon. 1st time since 1989-ish for me.
2. Hoop-dee-doo - 1st time for Katie & Geordon. 1st time since 1995 for Kirk, Tori & I.
3. Raglan Road - 1st Time for all of us.
4. Liberty Tree Tavern for Lunch - 1st Time for all of us since I haven't done lunch there.
5. 7DM - 1st time on the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train for all of us.

We're also toying around with renting a pontoon boat or something. We have an entire day set aside for "Downtown Disney & Stuff" so we may hit Splitsville which would be new to us, or do something else that we haven't done before.

The water parks are open in Feb??? I didn't know that. I've never been even in the warm *hot* months!

__________________

"I do not like the cone of shame."

"I want adventure in the great wide somewhere. I want it more than I can tell."

"It seems to me that we have a lot of story yet to tell."

Jennifer Huotari | Create Your Badge

The Huotari's Disney Adventures | Promote Your Page Too

Kristen K.'s picture
Offline
Joined: 09/01/2011
Posts: 21830

JMed wrote:

The water parks are open in Feb??? I didn't know that. I've never been even in the warm *hot* months!

One is usually open over the winter while the other goes down for refurb. This year Blizzard Beach will be taking it's turn at getting spruced up, so we'll be heading to typhoon lagoon. The days can get up into the 80s at the end of February so no real reason not to swim!

Kristen K.'s picture
Offline
Joined: 09/01/2011
Posts: 21830

P.s> Taking a day at the Water Park was a financial consideration for us as the tickets cost about half as much as theme park tickets do. If we happen to get rain that day or it's cool we'll probably head over to Disney Quest. I would LOVE to do a second Theme Park day, but it's just not in the budget.

JMed's picture
Offline
Joined: 02/16/2014
Posts: 3723

Kristen K. wrote:
JMed wrote:

The water parks are open in Feb??? I didn't know that. I've never been even in the warm *hot* months!

One is usually open over the winter while the other goes down for refurb. This year Blizzard Beach will be taking it's turn at getting spruced up, so we'll be heading to typhoon lagoon. The days can get up into the 80s at the end of February so no real reason not to swim!

we ended up buying jackets, scarves and long sleeve shirts last time we went in Feb. LOL Maybe we will have to check it out in November if I can fit it in somewhere. There are all kinds of Disney shows on Destination America right now, just watched Kali River and Tower of Terror is next. AHHH at least I have something to keep me occupied home sick today.

__________________

"I do not like the cone of shame."

"I want adventure in the great wide somewhere. I want it more than I can tell."

"It seems to me that we have a lot of story yet to tell."

Jennifer Huotari | Create Your Badge

The Huotari's Disney Adventures | Promote Your Page Too

EmFord's picture
Offline
Joined: 02/12/2014
Posts: 414

JMed wrote:

we ended up buying jackets, scarves and long sleeve shirts last time we went in Feb. LOL Maybe we will have to check it out in November if I can fit it in somewhere. There are all kinds of Disney shows on Destination America right now, just watched Kali River and Tower of Terror is next. AHHH at least I have something to keep me occupied home sick today.

I love those Destination America shows!! I've seen them all multiple times but there was a new (to me) one on on Saturday about the resorts specifically. Needless to say I didn't get much accomplished while it was on laugh

__________________

disneydoc's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/27/2012
Posts: 2415

What channel are those on?

__________________

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker DIStickers.com Ticker

JMed's picture
Offline
Joined: 02/16/2014
Posts: 3723

disneydoc wrote:
What channel are those on?

The channel is called Destination America... I think it is 286 on DirecTV

__________________

"I do not like the cone of shame."

"I want adventure in the great wide somewhere. I want it more than I can tell."

"It seems to me that we have a lot of story yet to tell."

Jennifer Huotari | Create Your Badge

The Huotari's Disney Adventures | Promote Your Page Too

JMed's picture
Offline
Joined: 02/16/2014
Posts: 3723

I watched several of them today (including DL and the cruise ones) I wish I got to see the one about the resorts!

__________________

"I do not like the cone of shame."

"I want adventure in the great wide somewhere. I want it more than I can tell."

"It seems to me that we have a lot of story yet to tell."

Jennifer Huotari | Create Your Badge

The Huotari's Disney Adventures | Promote Your Page Too

disneydoc's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/27/2012
Posts: 2415

Oh no - I am uverse....don't think I get that one. Sad

__________________

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker DIStickers.com Ticker

JoAnn C's picture
Offline
Joined: 05/20/2011
Posts: 6549

disneydoc wrote:
Oh no - I am uverse....don't think I get that one. Sad

I have UVerse and get Destination America. I get it on channel 465.

__________________

DIStickers.com Ticker

DIStickers.com Ticker

DIStickers.com Ticker

DIStickers.com Ticker

Offline
Joined: 07/19/2013
Posts: 1556

MrHub wrote:
You did just start a thread pretty much asking the same question on 9/19.

http://www.wdwforgrownups.com/forum/looking-forward-all-new-stuff

Thank you, MrHub. awesome

crazycatperson's picture
Offline
Joined: 09/19/2011
Posts: 3709

Kristen K. wrote:
JMed wrote:

The water parks are open in Feb??? I didn't know that. I've never been even in the warm *hot* months!

One is usually open over the winter while the other goes down for refurb. This year Blizzard Beach will be taking it's turn at getting spruced up, so we'll be heading to typhoon lagoon. The days can get up into the 80s at the end of February so no real reason not to swim!

I don't know if they do this every year, but this fall/winter season both parks will go down for refurbishment. Blizzard Beach will be open and Typhoon Lagoon closed when we're there in November, and by the time we go back in January/February the reverse will be true.

Vettelover's picture
Offline
Joined: 03/28/2009
Posts: 4651

Yes that is the way they do it every year, always one open while the other is closed and vice versa.

__________________

The Watchmaker's picture
Offline
Joined: 07/08/2014
Posts: 1802

KenJ wrote:
MrHub wrote:
You did just start a thread pretty much asking the same question on 9/19.

http://www.wdwforgrownups.com/forum/looking-forward-all-new-stuff

Thank you, MrHub. awesome

I know..I did say sorry.. sad I have a serious problem with memory loss, which is causing my DW concerns..She thinks I may have the first stages of dementia.... wheelchair ( This is not a joke )

Kristen K.'s picture
Offline
Joined: 09/01/2011
Posts: 21830

Vettelover wrote:
Yes that is the way they do it every year, always one open while the other is closed and vice versa.

Oh is it both parks annually? For some reason I thought it was one park per year.

Spook's picture
Offline
Joined: 04/27/2012
Posts: 2745

The Watchmaker wrote:
KenJ wrote:
MrHub wrote:
You did just start a thread pretty much asking the same question on 9/19.

http://www.wdwforgrownups.com/forum/looking-forward-all-new-stuff

Thank you, MrHub. awesome

I know..I did say sorry.. sad I have a serious problem with memory loss, which is causing my DW concerns..She thinks I may have the first stages of dementia.... wheelchair ( This is not a joke )

Memory loss would be a scary thing to experience sad Keep those Disney memories alive! Or you'll have to start going more often laugh

__________________

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker Free Disney Tickers

The Watchmaker's picture
Offline
Joined: 07/08/2014
Posts: 1802

Spook wrote:
The Watchmaker wrote:
KenJ wrote:
MrHub wrote:
You did just start a thread pretty much asking the same question on 9/19.

http://www.wdwforgrownups.com/forum/looking-forward-all-new-stuff

Thank you, MrHub. awesome

I know..I did say sorry.. sad I have a serious problem with memory loss, which is causing my DW concerns..She thinks I may have the first stages of dementia.... wheelchair ( This is not a joke )

Memory loss would be a scary thing to experience sad Keep those Disney memories alive! Or you'll have to start going more often laugh

Yeh..Totally agree..I have to write things down on a little daily pad... sad

Mrferret's picture
Offline
Joined: 03/02/2013
Posts: 1710

The Watchmaker wrote:
Spook wrote:
The Watchmaker wrote:
KenJ wrote:
MrHub wrote:
You did just start a thread pretty much asking the same question on 9/19.

http://www.wdwforgrownups.com/forum/looking-forward-all-new-stuff

Thank you, MrHub. awesome

I know..I did say sorry.. sad I have a serious problem with memory loss, which is causing my DW concerns..She thinks I may have the first stages of dementia.... wheelchair ( This is not a joke )

Memory loss would be a scary thing to experience sad Keep those Disney memories alive! Or you'll have to start going more often laugh

Yeh..Totally agree..I have to write things down on a little daily pad... sad

That's great until you forget where you put the pad eek

__________________

Howdy Y'all
https://www.facebook.com/matthew.tucker1
Caution Content May be inappropriate

May/June 2016 Magic cruise to Norway
2017 Prtugal wedding adventures
2018 Alskan disney cruise ??
2019 Florida

The Watchmaker's picture
Offline
Joined: 07/08/2014
Posts: 1802

Mrferret wrote:
The Watchmaker wrote:
Spook wrote:
The Watchmaker wrote:
KenJ wrote:
MrHub wrote:
You did just start a thread pretty much asking the same question on 9/19.

http://www.wdwforgrownups.com/forum/looking-forward-all-new-stuff

Thank you, MrHub. awesome

I know..I did say sorry.. sad I have a serious problem with memory loss, which is causing my DW concerns..She thinks I may have the first stages of dementia.... wheelchair ( This is not a joke )

Memory loss would be a scary thing to experience sad Keep those Disney memories alive! Or you'll have to start going more often laugh

Yeh..Totally agree..I have to write things down on a little daily pad... sad

That's great until you forget where you put the pad eek

......Trust me..This brightly colour notepad has a sticky back and sits in our kitchen...I write down my chores,peel off and stick it on the hood of my cooker..Obsessive Compulsive Disorder..Or as my DW says I've got..D.O.C.D.( Disney Obsessive Compulsive Disorder) laugh

Kristen K.'s picture
Offline
Joined: 09/01/2011
Posts: 21830

The Watchmaker wrote:
Yeh..Totally agree..I have to write things down on a little daily pad... sad

Don't be sad, it happens. I have some serious cognitive issues that are the result of my Fibromyalgia. I write down everything, in fact when I'm working face to face with people I have to remember to let them know that if they don't see me write something important down, I will forget it. I always have a calendar with notes and daily to do lists. And I have to actually write them with a pen on paper, I can't just type it out or I will forget it.

The most obvious manifestation is in my speech patterns though and can be incredibly frustrating and there's just a helpless feeling that I hate. I depend on my family quite a bit to be able to translate what comes out of my mouth into what I really mean. When I'm tired - forget it. I can count on all the words in a sentence to come out of my mouth, but the order in which they're placed is often questionable. sarcastic

If your wife thinks that there is a problem you should really go in to see a doc about it. It could be that there's nothing they can do to help (like with my condition) or if you're lucky they will have a solution!

The Watchmaker's picture
Offline
Joined: 07/08/2014
Posts: 1802

Kristen K. wrote:
The Watchmaker wrote:
Yeh..Totally agree..I have to write things down on a little daily pad... sad

Don't be sad, it happens. I have some serious cognitive issues that are the result of my Fibromyalgia. I write down everything, in fact when I'm working face to face with people I have to remember to let them know that if they don't see me write something important down, I will forget it. I always have a calendar with notes and daily to do lists. And I have to actually write them with a pen on paper, I can't just type it out or I will forget it.

The most obvious manifestation is in my speech patterns though and can be incredibly frustrating and there's just a helpless feeling that I hate. I depend on my family quite a bit to be able to translate what comes out of my mouth into what I really mean. When I'm tired - forget it. I can count on all the words in a sentence to come out of my mouth, but the order in which they're placed is often questionable. sarcastic

If your wife thinks that there is a problem you should really go in to see a doc about it. It could be that there's nothing they can do to help (like with my condition) or if you're lucky they will have a solution!

...Lol...There is a cure she says..Put me into an old folks home.( if only there was one at WDW ) laugh

Kristen K.'s picture
Offline
Joined: 09/01/2011
Posts: 21830

The Watchmaker wrote:
...Lol...There is a cure she says..Put me into an old folks home.( if only there was one at WDW ) laugh

ROTFLOL! Shame on her!
But I'd totally be down for a Disney old folks home.