Top of the World Lounge Access Extended for all DVC Members

Login to post comments
22 posts / 0 new
Kristen K.'s picture
Offline
Joined: 09/01/2011
Posts: 22480
Top of the World Lounge Access Extended for all DVC Members

I'm so excited to share this news! Top of the World is by far my favorite WDW lounge, and it seems that the summer experiment of opening it up to all DVC members went well because it's been extended. If you're DVC and headed down to WDW before the end of the year be sure to stop by this exclusive lounge while you can!

yay yay yay
From the Member Website:

"The popularity of a special perk originally slated to end on Aug. 25 has prompted its extension! From now through Dec. 29, 2012, Disney Vacation Club(r) Members staying at any Disney-owned-and-operated hotel at the Walt Disney World(r) Resort (whether they booked with vacation points or cash) may enjoy complimentary access to one of the vacation kingdom's most exclusive spaces: the Top of the World Lounge atop Bay Lake Tower at Disney's Contemporary Resort."

Note that Members traveling from other resorts must use Walt Disney World Transportation, as parking will be unavailable to anyone not staying at Bay Lake Tower or Disney's Contemporary Resort. Upon arrival, Members must walk to the Bay Lake Tower main lobby entrance on the ground floor (the typically locked front door will be unlocked during this time, or a Cast Member will be at the door to assist) and check in at the Top of the World Lounge desk in the lobby.

The sleekly designed bar and lounge, typically available only to Members staying at Bay Lake Tower, operates from 5 p.m.-midnight daily and offers spectacular rooftop viewing of Wishes(tm) " the Magic Kingdom(r) fireworks spectacular " complete with the show's stirring musical soundtrack. The ability to access the lounge has been a frequent request from Members staying at other Walt Disney World Resorts since Bay Lake Tower opened in 2009, and Disney Vacation Club is thrilled to make that "wish" come true during this extended period.

This perk is available exclusively to Members and those in their traveling party who are staying on that Member's reservation. At least one Member in the traveling party must accompany the group and present his or her current Key to the World card displaying a Disney Vacation Club Membership notation in order to gain admission to the lounge. If the Member's Key to the World card doesn't display a Membership notation, a Disney Vacation Club Member ID is required in addition to the Key to the World card to verify Membership.

This special Top of the World Lounge access is available on a first-come, first-served basis until the lounge reaches capacity. As the lounge is particularly popular during the Magic Kingdom fireworks, arriving as early as possible will give Members the best chance of gaining admission."

Mase's picture
Offline
Joined: 03/02/2011
Posts: 5438

For real?!? Oh wow! Now I know what I want to do if Jess and I get an evening to ourselves! Do you need to get a reservation for is? Or is it first come first serve?

__________________

- 2013 Trip Report!
- My Int3ractiv3 Trip R3port '12 - CLICK HERE!
[url='http://www.wdwforgrownups.com/forum/pick-mases-dinner-disney']- My Interactive Trip Report '11[/url]

Kristen K.'s picture
Offline
Joined: 09/01/2011
Posts: 22480

It's first come first serve, and frequently gets crowded at Fireworks time so plan on going a little early and having a drink or a piece of their amazing cake!

Mase's picture
Offline
Joined: 03/02/2011
Posts: 5438

Kristen K. wrote:
It's first come first serve, and frequently gets crowded at Fireworks time so plan on going a little early and having a drink or a piece of their amazing cake!

Gonna have to. Just sounds like it could be an amazing night now that I'm able to drink again... ha ha ha

__________________

- 2013 Trip Report!
- My Int3ractiv3 Trip R3port '12 - CLICK HERE!
[url='http://www.wdwforgrownups.com/forum/pick-mases-dinner-disney']- My Interactive Trip Report '11[/url]

Skunk's picture
Offline
Joined: 02/13/2011
Posts: 442

We were hoping they would extend the date. Planning to check it out early on Saturday 11-3, when WS is packed for F&W.

Deb's picture
Deb
Offline
Joined: 06/11/2012
Posts: 7

How exciting! We are definitely doing this! Thanks for the news!!

senseicj's picture
Offline
Joined: 10/29/2010
Posts: 807

Does anybody know if kids are allowed in this lounge at all

__________________

"You're dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
--Walt Disney--

[url='http://www.mickeypath.com/']

[/url]

Mase's picture
Offline
Joined: 03/02/2011
Posts: 5438

senseicj wrote:
Does anybody know if kids are allowed in this lounge at all

If they aren't... ill gladly let ya take me and ill watch them for ya biggrin

__________________

- 2013 Trip Report!
- My Int3ractiv3 Trip R3port '12 - CLICK HERE!
[url='http://www.wdwforgrownups.com/forum/pick-mases-dinner-disney']- My Interactive Trip Report '11[/url]

disneygal922's picture
Offline
Joined: 08/23/2012
Posts: 32

Yes, kids are definitely allowed. DH and I own at BLT and love it. We usually go up there about 7 or 8, order a few appitizers and drinks then go out to the deck about 5 minutes prior to Wishes! It's absolutely amazing. Smile

__________________

DIStickers.com Ticker

Jess's picture
Offline
Joined: 03/04/2011
Posts: 3280

Mase wrote:
For real?!? Oh wow! Now I know what I want to do if Jess and I get an evening to ourselves! Do you need to get a reservation for is? Or is it first come first serve?

Yay Smile or maybe mr.hub and scrappy will have to join us to....Is there a dress code to get in?

__________________

Hardy0109's picture
Offline
Joined: 07/19/2012
Posts: 688

That sounds amazing. Hope all of you have good seats for the show!

__________________

omnia mea mecum porto.

@byhardy on twitter.

MrHub's picture
Offline
Joined: 10/29/2009
Posts: 9429

I really want to try to get there. Maybe since we are doing an extra day now and staying in the Contemporary w/ MK view maybe we will get up there the first night.

senseicj's picture
Offline
Joined: 10/29/2010
Posts: 807

Mase wrote:
senseicj wrote:
Does anybody know if kids are allowed in this lounge at all

If they aren't... ill gladly let ya take me and ill watch them for ya biggrin

disneygal922 wrote:
Yes, kids are definitely allowed. DH and I own at BLT and love it. We usually go up there about 7 or 8, order a few appitizers and drinks then go out to the deck about 5 minutes prior to Wishes! It's absolutely amazing. Smile

sorry mase i was seconds away from adding an extra airfare and park ticket for you but i guess i don't have to

__________________

"You're dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
--Walt Disney--

[url='http://www.mickeypath.com/']

[/url]

disneygal922's picture
Offline
Joined: 08/23/2012
Posts: 32

Jess wrote:
Mase wrote:
For real?!? Oh wow! Now I know what I want to do if Jess and I get an evening to ourselves! Do you need to get a reservation for is? Or is it first come first serve?

Yay Smile or maybe mr.hub and scrappy will have to join us to....Is there a dress code to get in?

No specific dress code that I'm aware of. I've been up there in jeans and a tshirt before. I would say no swimwear but that's about it.

__________________

DIStickers.com Ticker

Mase's picture
Offline
Joined: 03/02/2011
Posts: 5438

senseicj wrote:
Mase wrote:
senseicj wrote:
Does anybody know if kids are allowed in this lounge at all

If they aren't... ill gladly let ya take me and ill watch them for ya biggrin

disneygal922 wrote:
Yes, kids are definitely allowed. DH and I own at BLT and love it. We usually go up there about 7 or 8, order a few appitizers and drinks then go out to the deck about 5 minutes prior to Wishes! It's absolutely amazing. Smile

sorry mase i was seconds away from adding an extra airfare and park ticket for you but i guess i don't have to

__________________

- 2013 Trip Report!
- My Int3ractiv3 Trip R3port '12 - CLICK HERE!
[url='http://www.wdwforgrownups.com/forum/pick-mases-dinner-disney']- My Interactive Trip Report '11[/url]

Hardy0109's picture
Offline
Joined: 07/19/2012
Posts: 688

Mase wrote:
senseicj wrote:
Mase wrote:
senseicj wrote:
Does anybody know if kids are allowed in this lounge at all

If they aren't... ill gladly let ya take me and ill watch them for ya biggrin

disneygal922 wrote:
Yes, kids are definitely allowed. DH and I own at BLT and love it. We usually go up there about 7 or 8, order a few appitizers and drinks then go out to the deck about 5 minutes prior to Wishes! It's absolutely amazing. Smile

sorry mase i was seconds away from adding an extra airfare and park ticket for you but i guess i don't have to

rolling rolling rolling rolling rolling laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh rolling rolling rolling rolling rolling

__________________

omnia mea mecum porto.

@byhardy on twitter.

Kristen K.'s picture
Offline
Joined: 09/01/2011
Posts: 22480

Kids are absolutely welcome, and there's no dress code, though I agree that swimwear would be inappropriate.

The Cookie Crumbler's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/10/2012
Posts: 750

Kristen K. wrote:
Kids are absolutely welcome, and there's no dress code, though I agree that swimwear would be inappropriate.

Isn't it air conditioned? Swimwear would be absolutely uncomfortable laugh

__________________

Fellow Americans, I hear your tambourines inside my head and that's no lie!

angels444's picture
Offline
Joined: 08/05/2012
Posts: 647

Ok I am jealous I am not a DVC member now. sad

__________________

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker Free Disney Tickers

Hardy0109's picture
Offline
Joined: 07/19/2012
Posts: 688

angels444 wrote:
Ok I am jealous I am not a DVC member now. sad

It's only a matter of time before I am. I will buy once when I get my first real job, nothing will stop me laugh

__________________

omnia mea mecum porto.

@byhardy on twitter.

Jess's picture
Offline
Joined: 03/04/2011
Posts: 3280

Kristen K. wrote:
Kids are absolutely welcome, and there's no dress code, though I agree that swimwear would be inappropriate.

Well lucky for me and everyone else on this planet...I don't usually wear swimwear unless I absolutely have to and that's only at the pool so it looks like i'm safe....LOL

__________________

Offline
Joined: 06/04/2012
Posts: 3

looks like we have a great new place to explore this December !