trying 5 new things DISNEY VERSION

Login to post comments
149 posts / 0 new
JanJ's picture
Offline
Joined: 07/14/2013
Posts: 1669

For our upcoming trip:
1) mine train
2) MNSSHP
3) Tutto Gusto Wine Cellar - Epcot wind down
4) Maybe Brown Derby restaurant
5) DTD Characters in Flight at night

Can't wait!

oldtink's picture
Offline
Joined: 03/11/2014
Posts: 867

1. Food and Wine Festival
2. Going with another couple (separate rooms LOL)
3. Mine Train
4. Be Our Guest dinner
5. Narcoossee dinner

mickey yay yay mickey yay

__________________

"At some point in life you have to decide if you're the Tigger or the Eeyore."...Randy Pausch

"George Banks and all he stands for will be saved. Maybe not in life, but in imagination. Because that's what we storytellers do. We restore order with imagination. We instill hope again and again and again." Walt Disney

Spook's picture
Offline
Joined: 04/27/2012
Posts: 2772

Our October trip
1. Staying at BLT (our first trip as a DVC member mickey )
2. MNSSHP
3. New restaurants: Trails End, Paradiso 37, the Plaza, Sci Fi Dine in, Boma
4. Mine train
5. Wishes Dessert Party

Offline
Joined: 07/19/2013
Posts: 1557

1. 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea
2. Discovery Island
3. River Country
4. Horizons
5. Captain EO

I guess I'll have to settle for #5. waiting

JoAnn C's picture
Offline
Joined: 05/20/2011
Posts: 6625

KenJ wrote:
1. 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea
2. Discovery Island
3. River Country
4. Horizons
5. Captain EO

I guess I'll have to settle for #5. waiting

rolling rolling rolling rolling rolling rolling

__________________

DIStickers.com Ticker

DIStickers.com Ticker

DIStickers.com Ticker

DIStickers.com Ticker

Offline
Joined: 01/22/2014
Posts: 291

KenJ wrote:
1. 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea
2. Discovery Island
3. River Country
4. Horizons
5. Captain EO

I guess I'll have to settle for #5. waiting

Well played sir, well played laugh wink

__________________

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker Free Disney Tickers

alicemouse's picture
Offline
Joined: 10/22/2013
Posts: 2832

Thanks, Allie! I love this thread!

August weekend getaway:
1. Villains Unleashed party (the reason for the trip)
2. 7DMT
3. Summer Frozen Party (just heard some details about this today. kind of irrationally excited about it)
4. Dinner @ San Angel Inn (I love Mexican for, but somehow, we've never been there??)
5. Staying at the Dolphin

Bonus: Flying Frontier Airlines into Tampa--very nervous about the timeline here. If flight is not on time, we will have a BIG problem.

September/October trip:
1. Staying at WLV/BLT
2. Trying the water parks
3. Dinner @ 'Ohana
4. MNSSHP
5. Doing a runDisney event (ToT 10-miler)

__________________

Be good at something. It makes you valuable. Have something to bring to the table because that will make you more welcome. --Randy Pausch

Find me on Facebook

Trip Reports:
December 2013: 10th Anniversary, 1st DVC Stay | April 2014: Birthday on the Boardwalk | May 2014: Star Wars Weekend, Navigating WDW with a wheelchair | August 2014: Villains Unleashed | September/October 2014: MNSSHP, F&W, Tower of Terror 10-miler | March/April 2015: Disneyland and California Coastal Cruise | November 2015: Wine & Dine Half, Food & Wine, 1st Disney Cruise | February 2016: Presidential Classic Gymnastics Meet | March 2016: "Work" Trip, Tours, F&G Festival | April 2016: Conference at Disneyland | Fall 2016: Festive Fall Fun | January 2017: Festival of the Arts | May 2017: AbD Backstage Magic | July 2017: AbD San Francisco | Sorry I had to give up doing trip reports. Too many time commitments right now.

amy1989's picture
Offline
Joined: 12/30/2013
Posts: 1404

I have a few new things we are trying in sept/oct but my top 5 are

1. LOADS of new dining experiences (Via Napoli, Le Cellier, Tony's Town Square, Yak & Yeti, Cinderella's Royal Table, Cape May Cafe, Teppan Edo, Boma, Chefs De France & Ohana)
2. Festival Of Fantasy Parade
3. Mine Train!!
4. Hanson at Eat to the Beat concerts!!
5.Meet Anna & Elsa!

Yay!!!!!! yay yay

oldtink's picture
Offline
Joined: 03/11/2014
Posts: 867

JoAnn C wrote:
KenJ wrote:
1. 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea
2. Discovery Island
3. River Country
4. Horizons
5. Captain EO

I guess I'll have to settle for #5. waiting

rolling rolling rolling rolling rolling rolling

laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh
The amazing part is that many today don't even know what those are. I was never lucky enough to go to Discovery Island at all.

__________________

"At some point in life you have to decide if you're the Tigger or the Eeyore."...Randy Pausch

"George Banks and all he stands for will be saved. Maybe not in life, but in imagination. Because that's what we storytellers do. We restore order with imagination. We instill hope again and again and again." Walt Disney

Offline
Joined: 07/19/2013
Posts: 1557

oldtink wrote:
JoAnn C wrote:
KenJ wrote:
1. 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea
2. Discovery Island
3. River Country
4. Horizons
5. Captain EO

I guess I'll have to settle for #5. waiting

rolling rolling rolling rolling rolling rolling

laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh
The amazing part is that many today don't even know what those are. I was never lucky enough to go to Discovery Island at all.

I never got to experience 1-4 since my first time to Disney World was just 4 years ago, in 2010. I would have liked to have been able do them though. Captain EO I can do without. laugh

Allie's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/26/2012
Posts: 5471

I forgot about our first time on the dining plan, the Frozen party in DHS, Character Palooza, and the Festival of Fantasy parade so I went back and added a 6, 7, 8, and 9. biggrin

EmFord's picture
Offline
Joined: 02/12/2014
Posts: 414

For our October trip ours are:

1. First DVC villa stay (and its at AKL which I've never even visited, let alone stayed at)
2. Dinner at Kona Cafe (Lapu Lapu here I come!!)
3. Seven Dwarfs Mine Train (all the reviews and pictures have me so excited for this)
4. Breakfast buffet at Boma (who has two thumbs and can tear up some delicious breakfast? This girl! awesome )
5. Kiss Goodnight (never stayed for it and really excited to experience it.. I might cry)

__________________

disneydoc's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/27/2012
Posts: 2415

EmFord wrote:
For our October trip ours are:

1. First DVC villa stay (and its at AKL which I've never even visited, let alone stayed at)
2. Dinner at Kona Cafe (Lapu Lapu here I come!!)
3. Seven Dwarfs Mine Train (all the reviews and pictures have me so excited for this)
4. Breakfast buffet at Boma (who has two thumbs and can tear up some delicious breakfast? This girl! awesome )
5. Kiss Goodnight (never stayed for it and really excited to experience it.. I might cry)

Em, you are going to love AKL sooooo much, and you will be forever spoiled on DVC villas!

__________________

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker DIStickers.com Ticker

Jessalynn27's picture
Offline
Joined: 08/22/2013
Posts: 157

For our upcoming trip:

1. First trip as a married couple muchlove
2. First stay at a DVC Villa (Boardwalk)
3. Eating at some new places (Be Our Guest, Yak & Yeti, Sanaa, Cali Grill)
4. Getting a massage at one of the spas
5. Seeing all of New Fantasyland

__________________

EmFord's picture
Offline
Joined: 02/12/2014
Posts: 414

disneydoc wrote:

Em, you are going to love AKL sooooo much, and you will be forever spoiled on DVC villas!

Thats my only fear! That I'll never be able to go back to regular hotel rooms laugh

__________________

oldtink's picture
Offline
Joined: 03/11/2014
Posts: 867

What is "Kiss Goodnight"?

__________________

"At some point in life you have to decide if you're the Tigger or the Eeyore."...Randy Pausch

"George Banks and all he stands for will be saved. Maybe not in life, but in imagination. Because that's what we storytellers do. We restore order with imagination. We instill hope again and again and again." Walt Disney

designedbydisney's picture
Offline
Joined: 08/24/2013
Posts: 591

October

1. Deluxe resort: old key west
2. Dinning plan
3. Magical express
4. Mnsshp
5. 7dmt

March

1.going as a married couple
2. Wilderness lodge
3. Delux dinning plan
4. Signature dinning
5. Going to try for dinner at BOG

May

1-5 disneyland

AnnielovesDisney's picture
Offline
Joined: 09/12/2013
Posts: 887

oldtink wrote:
What is "Kiss Goodnight"?

At MK, most nights, about 30 minutes after the park closes the castle lights up and When you wish upon a star starts to play. Then a narrator wishes everyone a goodnight(this is about 5-6 sentences long) The whole process is about 3 minutes and it usually happens every 30 minutes, for about an hour after the park closes. So you have 2-3 chances to see it, depending on the night. It's definitely worth hearing once!

MrHub's picture
Offline
Joined: 10/29/2009
Posts: 9431

oldtink wrote:
What is "Kiss Goodnight"?

It's the park saying "Goodnight" .

SpamGoddess's picture
Offline
Joined: 04/10/2013
Posts: 292

For my upcoming trip:

1. Table service meal!! Even if it is just Beaches and Cream, I have only ever done quick service up to this point!
2. Visit a deluxe resort (Beach Club, since we're eating at Beaches and Cream...)
3. MNSSHP!
4. Actually meet a character instead of just taking creepy pictures of them as I walk by!
5. Visit a lounge. I'm thinking we'll be doing the Tune-In Lounge the evening we're at DHS.

yay

__________________

Allie's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/26/2012
Posts: 5471

EmFord wrote:
For our October trip ours are:

1. First DVC villa stay (and its at AKL which I've never even visited, let alone stayed at)
2. Dinner at Kona Cafe (Lapu Lapu here I come!!)
3. Seven Dwarfs Mine Train (all the reviews and pictures have me so excited for this)
4. Breakfast buffet at Boma (who has two thumbs and can tear up some delicious breakfast? This girl! awesome )
5. Kiss Goodnight (never stayed for it and really excited to experience it.. I might cry)

Kona is delicious! Great choice!

Jessalynn27 wrote:
For our upcoming trip:

1. First trip as a married couple muchlove
2. First stay at a DVC Villa (Boardwalk)
3. Eating at some new places (Be Our Guest, Yak & Yeti, Sanaa, Cali Grill)
4. Getting a massage at one of the spas
5. Seeing all of New Fantasyland

Philhowelldesign wrote:
October

1. Deluxe resort: old key west
2. Dinning plan
3. Magical express
4. Mnsshp
5. 7dmt

March

1.going as a married couple
2. Wilderness lodge
3. Delux dinning plan
4. Signature dinning
5. Going to try for dinner at BOG

May

1-5 disneyland

congrats awesome

SpamGoddess wrote:
For my upcoming trip:

1. Table service meal!! Even if it is just Beaches and Cream, I have only ever done quick service up to this point!
2. Visit a deluxe resort (Beach Club, since we're eating at Beaches and Cream...)
3. MNSSHP!
4. Actually meet a character instead of just taking creepy pictures of them as I walk by!
5. Visit a lounge. I'm thinking we'll be doing the Tune-In Lounge the evening we're at DHS.

yay

laugh laugh laugh

Offline
Joined: 03/22/2014
Posts: 552

I know this has had a week off but I'm adding. Smile

My five!
1.) Stay for at least 7 days and take one day to NOT go to a park and enjoy the beautiful resort.
2.) Ride the monorail.
3.) Have a Dole Whip!
4.) Eat at Sci-Fi DIner
5.) See a show...probably that one at HS with the cars.

There's a few more, but aren't necessarily on the list for our next trip but more of a "someday" list. Smile

__________________

Offline
Joined: 04/22/2014
Posts: 45

My five-

1) Meet Anna & Elsa. On my last trip, they started meeting the day we left. I tried to finagle my way to a meeting, but missed it by that much.
2) Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
3) Roasted Pork Shank. Ideally from Gaston's Tavern.
4) Dinner at 1900 Park Faire. I've done the breakfast, but I'd like to try the dinner and meet the extended Tremaine family.
5) Jalapeno Margarita at La Cava del Tequila. That sounds like a drink that will put hair on your chest!

Miss Mikki's picture
Offline
Joined: 10/20/2012
Posts: 766

These are five for my trip which is in a little over 2 weeks!

1. Be in the MK for the kiss goodnight
2. Seven dwarves mine train
3. Ice skating
4. Beignets at POFQ
5. Be our guest for lunch

__________________

no ticker Sad

JoAnn C's picture
Offline
Joined: 05/20/2011
Posts: 6625

JoAnn C wrote:
JoAnn C wrote:
Here is my list

1 - try new restaurants
2 - spa day!
3 - take one of the tours
4 - cupcake crawl
5 - decorate a Christmas tree

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2011/12/lucky-guests-decorate-a-magic-kingdom-christmas-tree/

I need to get a move n my list. Since I have posted this I have tried 9 new restaurants and have 14 ADRs for new restaurants on my two upcoming trips.

I have tried more restaurants (7 on my last trip). The only other thing I have crossed off the list is #3.

Jen - here's where I first read about the Christmas trees.

__________________

DIStickers.com Ticker

DIStickers.com Ticker

DIStickers.com Ticker

DIStickers.com Ticker

Kristen K.'s picture
Offline
Joined: 09/01/2011
Posts: 22573

I'm trying to make everything new for my May trip! 56 hours on property - I hope that I didn't miss anything important

1) Morimoto Forbidden Lounge
2) Morimoto Street Food
3) Vivoli Gelatoria
4) Harambe Market
(Maybe Rivers of Light, and Night-time safari crossfingers)
5) SW Launch Bay
6) Spice Road Table
7) Kawaii: Japan's Culture of Cute
Cool New Epcot Entertainment
9) Jungle Navigation Co Skipper's Cantina (Meet Robyn & Simon!)
10) Adventureland Eggroll Cart, Cheeseburger Eggrolls
11) New MK Central Plaza
12) Trader Sams Grogg Grotto
13) Saratoga Springs Spa
14) The Boathouse Eats
15) The Boathouse Italian Water Taxi Tour

Offline
Joined: 03/22/2014
Posts: 552

TinkASL wrote:
I know this has had a week off but I'm adding. Smile

My five!
1.) Stay for at least 7 days and take one day to NOT go to a park and enjoy the beautiful resort.
2.) Ride the monorail.
3.) Have a Dole Whip!
4.) Eat at Sci-Fi DIner
5.) See a show...probably that one at HS with the cars.

There's a few more, but aren't necessarily on the list for our next trip but more of a "someday" list. Smile

SO I'm proud to say I've crossed off 4 1/2 out of the 5!!
1.) We have never stayed for more 7 or more days but we've stayed for 6 and taken a half day to not go to a park. I'd still like to love out the full goal because I enjoyed the half day off so much!
2.) Done! Taken it quite a few places including to a resort we didn't need to go to just for a drink!
3.) One and done! I forgot that I use to serve this stuff at the ice cream show I worked at as a teenager/early 20-something. Either way we just weren't fans.
4.) Done! Loved it when we did it though cancelled our reservation on the last trip to try out someplace new.
5.) We saw the "one at HS with the cars" AKA "Lights, Motors, Action". Love it!

So my updated 5!
1.) Same as before. Stay for at least 7 days and take one day to NOT go to a park and enjoy the beautiful resort.
2.) Keep trying new restaurants
3.) See Fantasmic
4.) Go on the Behind the Seeds tour and possibly the Safari tour
5.) Make it to the MK for the park opening.

My DH wants to drive one of those new car=boats at Disney Springs. And a real dream is to stay at a Deluxe resort. AKL is my ultimate dream.

__________________

JMed's picture
Offline
Joined: 02/16/2014
Posts: 3764

JoAnn C wrote:
JoAnn C wrote:
JoAnn C wrote:
Here is my list

1 - try new restaurants
2 - spa day!
3 - take one of the tours
4 - cupcake crawl
5 - decorate a Christmas tree

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2011/12/lucky-guests-decorate-a-magic-kingdom-christmas-tree/

I need to get a move n my list. Since I have posted this I have tried 9 new restaurants and have 14 ADRs for new restaurants on my two upcoming trips.

I have tried more restaurants (7 on my last trip). The only other thing I have crossed off the list is #3.

Jen - here's where I first read about the Christmas trees.

I have got to figure this out!!!

__________________

"I do not like the cone of shame."

"I want adventure in the great wide somewhere. I want it more than I can tell."

"It seems to me that we have a lot of story yet to tell."

Jennifer Huotari | Create Your Badge

The Huotari's Disney Adventures | Promote Your Page Too