Under 100 Days!!!!

Login to post comments
78 posts / 0 new
Eddie G.'s picture

disneydoc wrote:
Eddie G. wrote:
Into the 20's over the weekend!!!!!!

I don't know about you, but I get really nuts when I get to this point! Time to pack!!!!!

Getting buts thinking about going. I'm an easy packer. I pack so much for work and golf tournaments, I have it to a science. Takes me all of 15 minutes to pack, no matter where I am going. The worst part of going on holiday for us is having to leave our dogs.

I hate dropping them off the day before at the boarding houses. I feel like they feel like we are never coming back to get them. Only part of traveling I hate when we cannot take them along.

~Eddie G.
Fla. Res. AP Holder Since 1989
404 Days at Disney World & Counting

[url='http://www.mickeypath.com/']

[/url]

disneydoc's picture

Eddie G. wrote:
disneydoc wrote:
Eddie G. wrote:
Into the 20's over the weekend!!!!!!

I don't know about you, but I get really nuts when I get to this point! Time to pack!!!!!

Getting buts thinking about going. I'm an easy packer. I pack so much for work and golf tournaments, I have it to a science. Takes me all of 15 minutes to pack, no matter where I am going. The worst part of going on holiday for us is having to leave our dogs.

I hate dropping them off the day before at the boarding houses. I feel like they feel like we are never coming back to get them. Only part of traveling I hate when we cannot take them along.

I totally agree about leaving the animals. I HATE leaving my cats. They look at me like "where ya goin?" They get a bit miffed with me when I leave after a couple of days.

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker DIStickers.com Ticker

waiting waiting waiting

45 days and counting! - I'm sooooo excited about my disney visit in September!!!

You'd think the excitement would die down after 6 visits but I get worse each time (at 45 years old I'm just a big kid really)

When's an acceptable time to start packing wink

clapping clapping clapping clapping clapping clapping clapping clapping clapping

Eddie G.'s picture

dippydaisy wrote:
waiting waiting waiting

45 days and counting! - I'm sooooo excited about my disney visit in September!!!

You'd think the excitement would die down after 6 visits but I get worse each time (at 45 years old I'm just a big kid really)

clapping clapping clapping clapping clapping clapping clapping clapping clapping

I don't think it ever does. I have been many, many times to Disney and each time the excitement is still the same. Nearly as much as I can remember from my first visit. Although I've been to the World for nearly 400 days of my life. Each trip always provides something different and unexpected from previous trips.

That's what I think that people that think we are weird for always going back just don't understand. Each trip is completely different than the last. Though the destination is the same. That to me is one of the truly magical properties Disney possesses.

~Eddie G.

[/url]

finngirl's picture

dippydaisy wrote:
waiting waiting waiting

45 days and counting! - When's an acceptable time to start packing wink

Now! laugh Peter and I have an agreement that I'm not allowed to bring the suitcases out until the 30 day mark, but I'm already planning wardrobes, etc. in my head weeks before that!

Diana

Time marches on. Eventually you realize it's doing it across your face.

Eddie G.'s picture

My wife will be packing days before we leave I'm sure. I've never understood why her case is twice the size of mine when her clothes are three times as small Puzzled Puzzled

I only have two types of clothes -- Golf clothes and suits. Not wearing suits in August at Disney World. So my bag is pretty much packed already. Shorts, Shirts, Socks, Underwear, Shoes, Toiletry Bag, Done.

I travel so much for work and golf....Cases seemingly are never fully unpacked.

~Eddie G.

[/url]

Allie's picture

dippydaisy wrote:
waiting waiting waiting

Hi and welcome and congrats on your upcoming trip! I usually don't allow myself to pull out the suitcases until the week of my trip, but you can bet I have an excel spreadsheet with my packing list and outfit choices completed months before that!

Eddie G.'s picture

Allie - I see a lot of members on WDWFG are big on the Excel spreadsheets for pre-trip itineraries, packing, ADR's, etc. etc. I showed my wife some and she was floored that they could be that elaborate for a holiday trip. They are always cool to look at to see how in-depth and colourful they go. LOVE the detail and Disney love that goes into all of them mickey awesome mickey

My case stays out in my office pretty much year round. It's always on the go with me to someplace. Get a LOT of miles out of it.

Funny. I actually had to buy the case I use now at our hotel on our last trip to Disney for Thanksgiving two years ago. My other case was on it's last leg. Finally giving out as I unpacked at the hotel. Hated to buy one at the hotel (can get pricey), but it was "reasonably" priced and has served me well since then. Sort of cool to me as every time I use it, I always think back to Disney where I got it.

I even still leave a Mickey sticker in it as it got under the webbing of the inner liner on our trip. Always gives me that Disney look no matter where I am traveling with it.

~Eddie G.

[/url]

Eddie G.'s picture

Into the teens today!!!!!! Only 19 more days now!!!

~Eddie G.

[/url]

banana banana

Magic Mirror's picture

Exciting clapping

disneydoc's picture

Eddie G. wrote:

Oh my! Are you going crazy yet? Are you packed? yay

Eddie G.'s picture

disneydoc wrote:
Eddie G. wrote:

Oh my! Are you going crazy yet? Are you packed? yay

Getting excited that's for sure!!

Nah...I'm a night before packer when it comes to traveling. Now my wife will start a few days before we go. All her things laid out to see what she will want and not want....Then change her mind a dozen times. I pretty much know what I am taking already.

I don't have that many clothes. My choices are much easier silly silly

~Eddie G.

[/url]

Eddie G.'s picture

Single Digit Dance banana banana banana

Only 9 more days now!!!

~Eddie G.

[/url]

yay
Single digit day is the BEST!!!

Kris1971's picture

mickey Awesome! You are almost there! mickey

Allie's picture

You're in the home stretch now! stars

JoAnn C's picture

clapping clapping clapping

DisneyDee27's picture

Eddie G. wrote:
single digit dance!!!!!

AWESOME!!!!! clapping yay clapping yay

Member of the 6 castle club and working to pay for my next Disney vacations: 1/5-10/18, September 2018 for my 50th and 2018 the year of Disney cruising.

kywildcatchick's picture

Jealous!!!

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker Free Disney Tickers

Eddie G.'s picture

Well, with 5 days to go today....I took care of everything I pretty much could before we actually go.

Transportation roundtrip from the airport-- Done
Annual Passes renewed -- Done
Loose cash/spending money withdrawn -- Done
Kennel paid for boarding -- Done

Everything else is either day of or when we actually get to the hotel. Now all that's left is 3 more days of work, packing and we are out of here. Slowest time of the countdown seemingly every trip waiting waiting waiting

~Eddie G.

[/url]

MrHub's picture

Have fun Eddie & the Mrs.!

Magic Mirror's picture

banana banana banana banana
Happy dance time!

disneydoc's picture

YES, those last few days are the longest ones of the countdown, for sure. I keep wanting to go out and just hop in my car. biggrin

How is the new school year going?

Eddie G.'s picture

3 days left = Wife starts packing

3 days left = Me already starting to dred taking the dogs to the boarding house on Saturday. Worst part about going on holiday.

~Eddie G.

[/url]

Eddie G.'s picture

Our ADR's for this trip include:

Sunday
Lunch - San Angel Inn
Dinner - Via Napoli

Monday
Lunch - Sci Fi Drive In
Dinner - Le Cellier

Tuesday
Lunch - Coral Reef
Dinner - Chefs de France

Wednesday
Lunch - 50's Prime Time Cafe
Dinner - Teppan Edo

Thursday
Lunch - Open
Dinner - Victoria & Albert's Chef Table

Friday
All open

~Eddie G.

[/url]

Kris1971's picture

Eddie G. wrote:
3 days left = Me already starting to dred taking the dogs to the boarding house on Saturday. Worst part about going on holiday.

I hear ya. My Willow always stays at my parents when I go away and I still feel terrible about leaving her. Its so hard. I just wish there was a way we could explain to them that its only a few days!

MrHub's picture

Kris1971 wrote:
Eddie G. wrote:

I hear ya. My Willow always stays at my parents when I go away and I still feel terrible about leaving her. Its so hard. I just wish there was a way we could explain to them that its only a few days!

And we all know they get over it! We are the same with our little Mister. But we have it pretty easy really, we have a house sitter that stays with him, so he doesn't have to leave the house, and he has someone to sleep with.

kywildcatchick's picture

Has anyone ever used the kennel at Disney?

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker Free Disney Tickers