WDWFGU Big Fall Meet Pre-Trip Report with final plans!!!!

Login to post comments
20 posts / 0 new
JMed's picture
Offline
Joined: 02/16/2014
Posts: 3710
WDWFGU Big Fall Meet Pre-Trip Report with final plans!!!!

So with this sneaking up on us pretty quickly and seeing as we are in the ADR timeline, I have a pretty good idea of what we are going to be doing. We are of course doing only the land portion so anyone that's not sailing, let me know if you want to meet up! We are mostly hitting Food and Wine during the week so you can find us at Epcot a majority of the time.

Sunday October 16
ARRIVAL DAY
*Leaving by 6am to head down ( 4Rivers is closed today no lunch stop sad )
*Check into Animal Kingdom Lodge
*We always head to Disney Springs arrival day so we will hang out there a bit before dinner
*6:30 Dinner at the Wave with all you wonderful people!!
*9:30 Hallowishes from TOTWL (this will be my first time there!!!!)

Monday October 17
*Magic Kingdom in the morning. 7DMT, BTMRR, SM and I want to try Tomorrowland Speedway. Never done it and I just want to mark it off the list no matter how bad it is waiting I also need to do Buzz Lightyear. I can't believe we've never done it either. The People Mover is also a must.
*Epcot in the evening. Start bringing on the food!!!!! Will start to the right and work 1/2 way around then watch Illuminations. Or maybe, we should boat across, Start in France with a Gran Ma Slush, back track a bit and then head towards Canada biggrin

Tuesday October 18
*Epcot in the morning Going to arrive early and hit the standby line for Soarin then, Bring on more FOOD!!! Starting to the left today and working the other 1/2. I want to catch Voices of Liberty today
*Animal Kingdom evening - Planning on the safari, Everest and Nemo Thinking of hitting the bar at Sanaa when we get back that evening for Bread Service and wine

Wednesday October 19
*Hollywood Studios in the morning for ToT (as much as I hate this ride yuck ), TSM, RnR and Star Tours
*Gonna head back to the room around 1 to relax for a few before heading to Jiko for the Wine Tasting
*After the wine tasting we will head back to Epcot for another run around World Showcase.

Thursday October 20
*Food and Wine AGAIN! (Have I mentioned how much I l this festival???) This will be another run around WS to hit things we missed and favorites from the last couple of days
*Not sure what to do with fast passes this day. maybe Soarin again??? Test Track? Mission Space?
*Mom, Dad and Abigail arrive today. We will be switching to a bigger room at AKL to accommodate everyone.

Friday October 21
*Joe, Dad and Blondie are playing golf this morning taking advantage of the Sunrise 9 deal
*Mom and I will head on to AK to start strolling around. Bugs Life and maybe Lion King before the rest of the group joins us.
*12:25 ADR for Tusker House
*Will have a couple fast passes here after lunch
*Head to HS for Starwars fireworks

Saturday October 22
*9am Meeting Candi from Magical Pix by Candi Clark for some family pictures around AKL *super excited about this* she has a Facebook page, check her out, her pics are great!! https://www.facebook.com/magicalpixbycandi/?fref=ts
*Epcot for Soarin and if the crowds aren't too bad a little of the festival
*Magic Kingdom that evening for fireworks. Dad is going to ditch us all to watch the Alabama Football game.
*5:25pm ADR for Liberty Tree Tavern - I have it booked for 5 right now including dad, we will see what happens

Sunday October 23
*Check out day sad
* 9:00am ADR for Whispering Canyon
We all head home. Depending on where my parents will be going (Atlanta or Charleston) Blondie will probably ride with them, we don't stand a chance when they are around. laugh

Fast Pass day is August 17 for the first part of the trip and the 21st for after we change rooms. Our Annual Passes expire in September so we are going to renew while we are down there in a couple weeks. Depending on the wait...

I am really excited about this trip. New Restaurants, meeting all of you, food and wine, it just doesn't get any better!!!

__________________

"I do not like the cone of shame."

"I want adventure in the great wide somewhere. I want it more than I can tell."

"It seems to me that we have a lot of story yet to tell."

Jennifer Huotari | Create Your Badge

The Huotari's Disney Adventures | Promote Your Page Too

Spook's picture
Offline
Joined: 04/27/2012
Posts: 2742

Sounds like a great trip! We are also doing land only, arriving October 14-24 so I'm sure we'll see you around mickey

__________________

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker Free Disney Tickers

JoAnn C's picture
Offline
Joined: 05/20/2011
Posts: 6526

I'm so excited!

__________________

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker

DIStickers.com Ticker

DIStickers.com Ticker

DIStickers.com Ticker

DIStickers.com Ticker

JMed's picture
Offline
Joined: 02/16/2014
Posts: 3710

Spook wrote:
Sounds like a great trip! We are also doing land only, arriving October 14-24 so I'm sure we'll see you around mickey

JoAnn C wrote:
I'm so excited!

I'm getting antsy. Even though we will be there in a few days, I am looking more forward to this.
1. It will be MUCH COOLER
2. Food and Wine
3. THIS group!!!

__________________

"I do not like the cone of shame."

"I want adventure in the great wide somewhere. I want it more than I can tell."

"It seems to me that we have a lot of story yet to tell."

Jennifer Huotari | Create Your Badge

The Huotari's Disney Adventures | Promote Your Page Too

danijrod's picture
Offline
Joined: 10/23/2014
Posts: 414

Eak! Sounds like an amazing trip you have planned. yay

Kristen K.'s picture
Offline
Joined: 09/01/2011
Posts: 21664

I can't wait to read all the trip reports from this event - it's so exciting! Sounds like you guys are going to have a great time.

JMed's picture
Offline
Joined: 02/16/2014
Posts: 3710

danijrod wrote:
Eak! Sounds like an amazing trip you have planned. yay

Kristen K. wrote:
I can't wait to read all the trip reports from this event - it's so exciting! Sounds like you guys are going to have a great time.

Thanks danijrod, I am trying to figure out how to fit in a few of the new Disney Springs places but I don't want to miss out on Food and Wine. I do have the trip next week to try it all but with Blondie being picky and not eating much anyway I don't want to drag her around from snack to snack laugh

Me too Kristen! There is going to be tons of overlap and think of all the reading material all at once. We may have to assign posting times at dinner one night! LOL

__________________

"I do not like the cone of shame."

"I want adventure in the great wide somewhere. I want it more than I can tell."

"It seems to me that we have a lot of story yet to tell."

Jennifer Huotari | Create Your Badge

The Huotari's Disney Adventures | Promote Your Page Too

danijrod's picture
Offline
Joined: 10/23/2014
Posts: 414

JMed wrote:
danijrod wrote:
Eak! Sounds like an amazing trip you have planned. yay

Kristen K. wrote:
I can't wait to read all the trip reports from this event - it's so exciting! Sounds like you guys are going to have a great time.

Thanks danijrod, I am trying to figure out how to fit in a few of the new Disney Springs places but I don't want to miss out on Food and Wine. I do have the trip next week to try it all but with Blondie being picky and not eating much anyway I don't want to drag her around from snack to snack laugh

Me too Kristen! There is going to be tons of overlap and think of all the reading material all at once. We may have to assign posting times at dinner one night! LOL

Can you not try and bribe her ha! I understand that I am quite fussy and have to be careful what I can eat, I've checked through the menus for F+W and have made a spreadsheet with what I want and changes and the list got a bit too long ha! Hopefully you will eb able to tick some DS places from your list Smile

JMed's picture
Offline
Joined: 02/16/2014
Posts: 3710

This trip can not get here fast enough. As some of you know I asked for some extra Pixie Dust as it has been quite a rough time since our car accident. This week has really thrown me for a loop and it looks like up until next Tuesday, I am going to be on a roller coaster. (I wish it was Everest).

With all of that being said, I have finally completed my plans and my food and wine selections. (I needed to keep my mind busy)

I still can't talk the parents into the dessert party and we will miss out on that. I am so bummed but we will be at dinner Sunday night and hope to see the ones who are not cruising out and about that week! I've also been working on my Wine and Dine race weekend agenda that is 2 weeks after this trip. And in between I am going to Savannah for a friend's bachlorette party. Someday I will rest.

Here are final plans. Land lovers, you can reach me on facebook if we are going to be in the same area or if you want my phone for texting just let me know.

Sunday October 16 " arrival day
Check-in to AKL
6:30 The Wave Dinner with WDWFGU crew
Monorail Crawl/TotWL with WDW for Grownups

Monday October 17
Magic Kingdom 8am-12am
11:05 Tomorrowland Speedway - first time
12:20 Space Mountain
1:40 Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
Standby or add on FP Buzz Lightyear, People Mover, Astro Orbiter, Pirates, Teacups
Epcot 9am-9pm
Food and Wine Start to the right

Tuesday October 18
Epcot 9am-11pm
Standby for Soarin first thing
Food and Wine Start to the left
Voices of Liberty
Animal Kingdom 9am-8:30pm
5:00 Dinosaur
6:00 Safari
7:00 Everest
Bread Service at Sanaa Bar

Wednesday October 19
Hollywood Studios 9am-8pm
10:10 Rock N Roller Coaster
11:40 Tower of Terror
12:50 Star Tours
3 pm Wine Tasting at Jiko
Epcot 9am-9pm Food and Wine

Thursday October 20
Change Rooms Relax at resort
Animal Kingdom 9am-8:30pm
11:45 Tiffins
Epcot 8am-9am
Food and Wine
3:45 Test Track
Mom, Dad and Ab arrive tonight

Friday October 21
Joe, Ab and Dad 7:30 Oak Trail golf
Animal Kingdom 9am-7:30pm
Tusker House Lunch 12:30
Hollywood Studios 9am-10pm
4:30 Toy Story Mania
6:00 Frozen
7:05 Star Tours
8:00 Star Wars Fireworks

Saturday October 22
9am pictures with Candi at AKL Kidani
Epcot 9am-10pm
Standby Soarin, Living with the Land, Spaceship Earth
Magic Kingdom 8am-12am
7:10 Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
8:15 Peter Pan's Flight
10:00 Wishes
10:40 Haunted Mansion

Sunday October 23
Check out
Breakfast Whispering Canyon

As you can see, I added in a lot of down time waiting Some day I am really going to do that!

Food and Wine I have narrowed down to about $350.00 I really want to stay right around that number. An adult beverage or 2 may go to achieve that and stay under budget. Where we are now includes 46 food items and 17 "adult beverages". While we are sharing, Joe is not a beer/ale/cider drinker and I am "trying" a few this year and some of my must haves are things he does not like Caiprinha in Brazil, Mimosa Royal in Morocco and Raspberry Wine in S Korea to name a couple. So if I run into you and I've forgotten your name, blame it on the alcohol!

Looking forward to seeing all of you!

__________________

"I do not like the cone of shame."

"I want adventure in the great wide somewhere. I want it more than I can tell."

"It seems to me that we have a lot of story yet to tell."

Jennifer Huotari | Create Your Badge

The Huotari's Disney Adventures | Promote Your Page Too

JMed's picture
Offline
Joined: 02/16/2014
Posts: 3710

I JUST posted this the day before yesterday and already made changes to my final plan...

I moved Tiffins to 1:00 and added Boma for breakfast that Thursday morning!

We are switching rooms that day. Staying at the same resort, just going bigger for my parents and Blondie's arrival. What is the best way to go about the change??

__________________

"I do not like the cone of shame."

"I want adventure in the great wide somewhere. I want it more than I can tell."

"It seems to me that we have a lot of story yet to tell."

Jennifer Huotari | Create Your Badge

The Huotari's Disney Adventures | Promote Your Page Too

oHIo's picture
Offline
Joined: 10/04/2014
Posts: 793

JMed wrote:
I JUST posted this the day before yesterday and already made changes to my final plan...

I moved Tiffins to 1:00 and added Boma for breakfast that Thursday morning!

We are switching rooms that day. Staying at the same resort, just going bigger for my parents and Blondie's arrival. What is the best way to go about the change??

We have done that. We checked out of a studio and moved to a two bedroom villa later that day after our guests arrived. All you need to do is take your luggage to bell services and they will keep it for you until your 4:00 check in to the larger room. You could check with the front desk and if you are really, really lucky you might be able to move your things directly to the larger room.

Breakfast at Boma is awesome. The variety of foods is amazing! awesome

Kristen K.'s picture
Offline
Joined: 09/01/2011
Posts: 21664

oHIo wrote:
Breakfast at Boma is awesome. The variety of foods is amazing! awesome

I love Breakfast at BOMA. One year we went and they had spit roasted corned beef that was the best I have ever had. Another year they had a special Pecan Praline sauce for the waffles that was soooooo good. There's always some new little surprise on the menu.

JMed's picture
Offline
Joined: 02/16/2014
Posts: 3710

Kristen K. wrote:
oHIo wrote:
Breakfast at Boma is awesome. The variety of foods is amazing! awesome

I love Breakfast at BOMA. One year we went and they had spit roasted corned beef that was the best I have ever had. Another year they had a special Pecan Praline sauce for the waffles that was soooooo good. There's always some new little surprise on the menu.

This will be our 2nd time. I don't like repeating but it's sooooo worth it!!!

__________________

"I do not like the cone of shame."

"I want adventure in the great wide somewhere. I want it more than I can tell."

"It seems to me that we have a lot of story yet to tell."

Jennifer Huotari | Create Your Badge

The Huotari's Disney Adventures | Promote Your Page Too

JMed's picture
Offline
Joined: 02/16/2014
Posts: 3710

oHIo wrote:
JMed wrote:
I JUST posted this the day before yesterday and already made changes to my final plan...

I moved Tiffins to 1:00 and added Boma for breakfast that Thursday morning!

We are switching rooms that day. Staying at the same resort, just going bigger for my parents and Blondie's arrival. What is the best way to go about the change??

We have done that. We checked out of a studio and moved to a two bedroom villa later that day after our guests arrived. All you need to do is take your luggage to bell services and they will keep it for you until your 4:00 check in to the larger room. You could check with the front desk and if you are really, really lucky you might be able to move your things directly to the larger room.

Breakfast at Boma is awesome. The variety of foods is amazing! awesome

Thanks for the tip! We are taking Thursday morning easy so hopefully it will be a quick easy change before we head to Tiffins for lunch!

__________________

"I do not like the cone of shame."

"I want adventure in the great wide somewhere. I want it more than I can tell."

"It seems to me that we have a lot of story yet to tell."

Jennifer Huotari | Create Your Badge

The Huotari's Disney Adventures | Promote Your Page Too

DisneyDee27's picture
Offline
Joined: 04/02/2012
Posts: 1600

JoAnn C wrote:
I'm so excited!

OMG I am so ready!!

__________________

Member of the 6 castle club and working to pay for my next Disney vacations: 1/5-10/18, September 2018 for my 50th and 2018 the year of Disney cruising.

Allie's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/26/2012
Posts: 5364

I'm so jealous! I really wish I could be there with all of you guys! That sounds like one hell of a plan, too. Jiko, Tiffins, Boma, Sanaa, Food and Wine.........YUM!

JMed's picture
Offline
Joined: 02/16/2014
Posts: 3710

Allie wrote:
I'm so jealous! I really wish I could be there with all of you guys! That sounds like one hell of a plan, too. Jiko, Tiffins, Boma, Sanaa, Food and Wine.........YUM!

laugh when I see it this way you would think we were only leaving AKL area only for Epcot wink

__________________

"I do not like the cone of shame."

"I want adventure in the great wide somewhere. I want it more than I can tell."

"It seems to me that we have a lot of story yet to tell."

Jennifer Huotari | Create Your Badge

The Huotari's Disney Adventures | Promote Your Page Too

JoAnn C's picture
Offline
Joined: 05/20/2011
Posts: 6526

Jmed and I waiting for the monorail with a photo bomb by Ohio.

PreviewAttachmentSize
image_2118.jpg
image_2118.jpg40.43 KB
__________________

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker

DIStickers.com Ticker

DIStickers.com Ticker

DIStickers.com Ticker

DIStickers.com Ticker

Allie's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/26/2012
Posts: 5364

JMed wrote:
Allie wrote:
I'm so jealous! I really wish I could be there with all of you guys! That sounds like one hell of a plan, too. Jiko, Tiffins, Boma, Sanaa, Food and Wine.........YUM!

laugh when I see it this way you would think we were only leaving AKL area only for Epcot wink

Ain't nothing wrong with that!

JoAnn C wrote:
Jmed and I waiting for the monorail with a photo bomb by Ohio.

muchlove

JMed's picture
Offline
Joined: 02/16/2014
Posts: 3710

I love that picture!!! And I love the fact that oHIo said it was her first photobomb!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

__________________

"I do not like the cone of shame."

"I want adventure in the great wide somewhere. I want it more than I can tell."

"It seems to me that we have a lot of story yet to tell."

Jennifer Huotari | Create Your Badge

The Huotari's Disney Adventures | Promote Your Page Too