What non-Disney Trips Do You Have Planned in 2012?

Login to post comments
72 posts / 0 new
Lizzy_B's picture
What non-Disney Trips Do You Have Planned in 2012?

We haven't made vacation plans yet, but I know that we're planning a beach trip next weekend and a trip to Atlanta in May. What non-Disney trips do you have planned in 2012, big or small?

JoAnn C's picture

Here are my non-Disney trips planned for 2012:

New Orleans - May (my brother's 50th birthday bash)
Home to PA & West Virginia - August (family reunion)
Home to PA - Christmas

robertcraig's picture

ST AUGUSTINE 3RD TILL 7TH SEPTEMBER

robertcraig

Vettelover's picture

We will be heading to Lake George in the Adirondack Mountains of NY on Sept. 6th thru the 9th. We along with about 10 other couples from our club go to what they call VetteFest in Lake George. It is a weekend long Corvette show and fun time with tours around the Lake with about 50 to 100 Vettes taking part, and then we have banquets and dancing and many other great activities. Then at the same time they also have The Adirondack Nationals a great Hot Rod and Classic car show with over 1500 of the finest autos entered in that show.

emmaanne's picture

We are going to go to Chattanooga for the weekend in June for our anniversary, its only a 2 hour drive and it'll be nice just to get away for the weekend.

We will probably make our way to the beach for the weekend at some point (our family has a condo in Orange Beach, AL), but not sure when.

We are going to my parents for a few days in Michigan in October..

Thats all for our trips for the year! =)

November 14-18, 2019 | All Star Movies

March 2-10, 2012 | Pop | Trip Report - http://www.wdwforgrownups.com/forum/ems-long-awaited-trip-report

Kris1971's picture

Just got back from Jamaica with my best friend. My hubby and I are still deciding what we'll do this year. We love this place in western Maryland call Savage River Lodge. Its dog friendly, so we may do a long weekend there and take Willow with us.

We are spending 3 days at North Redington Beach, FL before going to Disney World in May. Then we always go camping in Indianapolis for the Nascar race in late July/August. That's it so far.

Tony's picture

We have week in Greece booked for later July. Same hotel as the last few years.

I can only please one person per day. Today isn't your day... tomorrow doesn't look good either.

senseicj's picture

????????????????????????non disney trip, i don't get it????????????????????????????that makes no sence!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yuck

"You're dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
--Walt Disney--

[url='http://www.mickeypath.com/']

[/url]

Mase's picture

So far... no trips planned... but im hoping a couple camping trips will come up

- 2013 Trip Report!
- My Int3ractiv3 Trip R3port '12 - CLICK HERE!
[url='http://www.wdwforgrownups.com/forum/pick-mases-dinner-disney']- My Interactive Trip Report '11[/url]

Brad's picture

Tony wrote:

Tony, have you noticed many changes affecting your trip with the economic and political climate there?

Mase wrote:
So far... no trips planned... but im hoping a couple camping trips will come up

Where do you camp, Mase?

Mase's picture

Our camping use to consist of going to concerts as well. We would go to a christian music festival and we would camp for like 4 days. Last summer we didnt get to go just because it was pretty busy for us, but there is this campsite near us that we like called Autumn Lakes.

http://autumnlakescampground.com/

- 2013 Trip Report!
- My Int3ractiv3 Trip R3port '12 - CLICK HERE!
[url='http://www.wdwforgrownups.com/forum/pick-mases-dinner-disney']- My Interactive Trip Report '11[/url]

Bella's picture

We hope to make it to the beach this summer. We just got back (last month) from Kiawah Island, SC (it's near Charleston). We go with my parents every year in January. Basically my mom and I go to a Literacy Conference for 2 days and the boys get to play....and then we stay a day or two afterwards so my mom and I can enjoy it as well.

I'd love to take a short mountain trip in the Fall..but we will see!

mickey Bella

Tony's picture

Brad wrote:
Tony wrote:

Tony, have you noticed many changes affecting your trip with the economic and political climate there?

There was no real change last year, but we expect to see a few more this time. There were stories of ATM's being empty more often, but we didn't see that at all. Greeks always prefer payment in cash rather than by plastic and I expect that to be even more the case now. For every transaction that goes in the till there's usually one that goes under it and out of sight of the tax man.

I can only please one person per day. Today isn't your day... tomorrow doesn't look good either.

There's no place like HOME so only Disney for us.

evilduckqueen's picture

Tasmania for Christmas, to visit my Mum and Stepdad.

"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

Jessi5989's picture

Well hopefully I'll be moving to Orlando in May...but I've already started planning some day/weekend trips for things in FL I wanna see! Lizzy, you may have to help me with those!

Nothing other than Disney for us so far this year. May plan something semi-local in the fall if I survive the Disney trip.

A friends cottage about 3 hours south of us Memorial day Weekend.
Toronto/Niagara Falls in July or August (we are going for a baseball game)
houston for a work convention in October then we will stay a few extra days to visit family.

RobynPrincess's picture

no plans other than the huge holiday in Oct.

I am hoping for maybe a day or 2 in paris for my birthday in july Smile

Our Very Merry 24 nighter Nov/Dec 15
Watson's go West May 15
The one with all the birthdays Oct 14 4 Big Birthdays and a Vow Renewal thrown in
The OMG trip June 14 30th Birthday present from the hubs
Girly trip March 14 A last min cheapy week
September 13 our first all DVC stay
TR May 2013 the last min bargain trip offsite
Oct 2012 TR with a cruise!big family trip featuring the beach club, AKL, the dream and a villa offsite
TR on a budget May - June 2011offsite condo
TR Sept - Oct 2010 big family trip in an offsite villa

Kristen K.'s picture

I just got back from a Western Caribbean Cruise on NCL that left from New Orleans. Oh my gosh!! I LOVE New Orleans! I HAVE to go back, 24 hours was not enough. Here's a picture of from the cruise of Hubby and I standing next to an ancient carving of the Mayan Rain God in Belize. That was pretty amazing.

I'm also taking the kids to the AnimeCentral Convention in Rosemont, IL at the end of April. It's just a weekend, but the kids look forward to it all year. I think there may be a couple more kid related trips to Springfield, IL as well.

I rarely travel for more than an overnight without it involving Disney. We are switching it up a bit in May and doing Disneyland. ;D

Nothing set in stone yet but will be looking around for something somewhere over the summer! Need some ideas though, everything always comes back to a FL trip!

[url='http://salocainwonderland.blogspot.com']Saloca in Wonderland[/url] <--- blog!

TTFN_71's picture

Camping for the June race weekend at Michigan International Speedway.

Life is a journey not a destination.

LeCellierBuff1963's picture

Good afternoon!

I haven't been to WDW since 2007, or anywhere since my southern Caribbean cruise on Royal Caribbean February 28-March 12, 2011. Still paying off the new windows, and buying lots of CDs. This crazy Philadelphia Phillies fan is going by train with a friend to Washington, DC May 5-6, 2012 to see his favorite baseball team take on the Washington Nationals at Nationals Park.

Jim, who prefers money for nothing and chicks for free to bronchitis for nothing and coughs for free.

Kris1971's picture

LeCellierBuff1963 wrote:
Good afternoon!

This crazy Philadelphia Phillies fan is going by train with a friend to Washington, DC May 5-6, 2012 to see his favorite baseball team take on the Washington Nationals at Nationals Park.

Go Phillies!

Lizzy_B's picture

Jessi5989 wrote:
Well hopefully I'll be moving to Orlando in May...but I've already started planning some day/weekend trips for things in FL I wanna see! Lizzy, you may have to help me with those!

Sure thing, Jessi! This really is a great place to live, for more than just Disney (omigosh, did I say that?) Have you ever been to Blue Springs in DeLand when the manatees are in for the winter? It's really a neat experience.

Jessi5989's picture

Lizzy_B wrote:
Jessi5989 wrote:

Sure thing, Jessi! This really is a great place to live, for more than just Disney (omigosh, did I say that?) Have you ever been to Blue Springs in DeLand when the manatees are in for the winter? It's really a neat experience.

NO!!! oh my goodness! Manatees are like my favorite animals! clapping clapping clapping clapping

Tony's picture

Have you done the trip to swim with them? I can highly reccomend it. Not sure if I am allowed to say what tour company we went with when we did it.

lilaclady's picture

Mackinac Island for Mothers day weekend and Quebec with my son and his french club.
Oh..Disney in October.

"Keep moving forward"

MrHub's picture

Non Disney?...............none. "Only Disney" awesome

Jessi5989's picture

Tony wrote:
Have you done the trip to swim with them? I can highly reccomend it. Not sure if I am allowed to say what tour company we went with when we did it.

someone told me it was like super illegal to touch one in the wild, which is true. but then I asked if there was any company or something you could do something through and they said something along the lines of "no way! you can't get close enough or its illegal!"