Wistfulgirl's First Time in the World TR - April 2015

Login to post comments
15 posts / 0 new
wistfulgirl's picture
Wistfulgirl's First Time in the World TR - April 2015

1 Day Until Travel

Today is our last day before we travel to Orlando, two days until we're in Disney! Today I'll be finishing our packing and making sure we have everything together that we'll need for the next week. This week has been absolutely crammed full of things to get done. I finally finished making Prissy's birthday outfit yesterday. It's a tutu dress inspired by Belle. I think she'll like it.

Tonight Sissy will be going to her 7th grade Morp. This afternoon will be filled with getting her ready for that. Fortunately, most of our packing is done. We have a few things to add in and we have to add our toiletries after we finish getting ready in the morning, but, all-in-all, we're just about ready. Or we will be after I spend the next few hours getting finished, lol!

We're excited! I'm so ready to get this trip started!! Rain is forecast for the entire week but, honestly, who cares? We'll be in DISNEY WORLD!!!!!!

Our plans are as follows:

Saturday - Travel Day - Leave home for the approximately 5 hour drive down. We'll be staying overnight at the Travelodge Eastgate Orange (last minute booking, as we only decided to go down on Saturday earlier this week). Not sure what our evening plans will hold, but will regale you with those tomorrow.

Sunday - Check into AS Music, pick up the ECV I'm renting for the week (I have osteoarthritis in both my ankles due to years of dance, gymnastics, cheerleading and tennis and I managed - on Valentine's Day no less - to fracture a metatarsal in my left foot and tear ligaments in the ankle) and head to DTD. We plan to just browse shops and see what there is to see. We considered doing Characters in Flight, but everyone but me seems to have chickened out, so we'll wait on that. We're planning to meet up with CCC before our respective ADRs that evening. Our ADR is scheduled for Planet Hollywood per DH's request.

Monday - HS - We have FastPasses for Star Tours, Disney Junior - Live on Stage! and Toy Story Midway Mania. We have an ADR scheduled in the evening for Mama Melrose's. We're planning to get over to see Fantasmic that evening.

Tuesday - Epcot - Our Fastpasses that day are for Spaceship Earth, The Seas with Nemo & Friends and Soarin'. We have an evening ADR for Akurshus and we're hoping to catch IllumiNations.

Wednesday - AK - Fastpasses booked for Kali River Rapids, Kilimanjaro Safaris and Dinosaur. We're hoping to catch both FOTLK and Finding Nemo - The Musical. Early evening ADR for Tusker House. Retiring to the hotel early this day to enjoy the pool and rest a little.

Thursday - MK - Planning for an early start this day as we're hoping to catch Rope Drop. Our Fastpasses are booked for Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, Peter Pan's Flight and the Main Street Electrical Parade. ADR booked for the evening at The Crystal Palace. I'm hoping we can also catch either the Electrical Water Pageant or Wishes.

Friday - Epcot - Our second day at Epcot, we have Fastpasses for Test Track, Journey Into Imagination With Figment, and Disney Pals Meet at the Character Spot. Evening ADR scheduled for The Garden Grill. Best of all, one of DH's favourite bands - The Guess Who - are playing the F&G Concert Series this evening. We're definitely going to try to catch that.

Saturday - MK - Prissy's Birthday Celebration Day - This will be a lie in morning due to a late evening. We have reservations at the Pirates League to have the three littles made up as pirates and mermaid. Fastpasses for Journey of the Little Mermaid, Meeting Cinderella and Rapunzel and Splash Mountain. We hope to see the FoF Parade and possibly Move It! Shake It! parade time permitting. We'll then head back to the hotel to get changed and then head back to MK for our dinner ADR at Be Our Guest. Afterwards, we're going to Enchanted Tales with Belle and possibly a few other rides if the kids aren't too tired before heading back to the hotel. We're going to try to meet up briefly with JMed in the evening.

Sunday - HS - Our last day. Fastpasses for Frozen Sing-Along, Beauty and the Beast Live on Stage and the Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular. Afterwards we'll head to DTD for our lunch ADR at T-Rex then head back to the hotel to check out and return my ECV before heading out for the drive home.

We voted as a family not to do any rides we couldn't all go on. Since Monkey is only 40 inches high, that limited some of the more thrilling rides for us. Fortunately, none of us were living for riding any of those rides. We can catch them next time or when Monkey is bigger! As for now, guess I'd better get back to putting the final touches on packing!

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker Free Disney Tickers

Miss Mikki's picture

Your trip sounds amazing. I hope you all have a wonderful and magical time. Prissy's dress is beautiful!
stars

no ticker Sad

JanJ's picture

Safe travels and enjoy your trip - sounds like a great time.

Allie's picture

The dress is so cute! Can't wait to hear about everything when you get back! We're planning on a dinner reservation at Akershus when we take my 2 year old and in-laws in December so I definitely want to hear what you think! In fact, all of your ADRs are ones we haven't done! Safe travels tomorrow and have a spectacular trip! yay

alicemouse's picture

wistfulgirl wrote:
(I have osteoarthritis in both my ankles due to years of dance, gymnastics, cheerleading and tennis and I managed - on Valentine's Day no less - to fracture a metatarsal in my left foot and tear ligaments in the ankle)

You were a gymnast?!!! I was, too, and now I coach! muchlove

Your trip sounds great! I can't wait to hear what you think of everything. Safe travels. mickey

Be good at something. It makes you valuable. Have something to bring to the table because that will make you more welcome. --Randy Pausch

Find me on Facebook

Trip Reports:
December 2013: 10th Anniversary, 1st DVC Stay | April 2014: Birthday on the Boardwalk | May 2014: Star Wars Weekend, Navigating WDW with a wheelchair | August 2014: Villains Unleashed | September/October 2014: MNSSHP, F&W, Tower of Terror 10-miler | March/April 2015: Disneyland and California Coastal Cruise | November 2015: Wine & Dine Half, Food & Wine, 1st Disney Cruise | February 2016: Presidential Classic Gymnastics Meet | March 2016: "Work" Trip, Tours, F&G Festival | April 2016: Conference at Disneyland | Fall 2016: Festive Fall Fun | January 2017: Festival of the Arts | May 2017: AbD Backstage Magic | July 2017: AbD San Francisco | Sorry I had to give up doing trip reports. Too many time commitments right now.

Belinda's picture

BEAUTIFUL dress - you are soooo talented! Have a fantastic trip!

** BeLiNdA **

MrHub's picture

Have Fun!

fmknightuk's picture

I'm loving the dress awesome have a magical trip. mickey Can't wait to read the trip report.

Fiona

Spook's picture

Have a great time mickey

NikkiMouse's picture

Love the dress!!! You are going to have a fantastic time!

jhugo's picture

The dress is so cute! You are going to have so much fun. Pictures please of your adventures. Mama Melroses is great food (the pizza was so good). Try to make rope drop at MK it is one of my favorite things to do and don't think you will be disappointed.

JoAnn C's picture

I love the dress too. Have a great time. Safe travels. Looking forward to hearing about your trip.

yay clapping yay
Happy Disney Day a day late, but today is still Disney Day too!!! Hope you are having a great time!

wistfulgirl's picture

Morning all! Thank you for all the well wishes! We are having a fantastic time and I'm taking lots of trip notes to share with you all when we get home! It's been a great trip so far. We're just going to make the most of our last three days this trip!

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker Free Disney Tickers

Allie's picture

Yay! I've loved seeing your Facebook updates! Have an awesome last few days! yay