Your Most Expensive Gift..

Login to post comments
37 posts / 0 new
The Watchmaker's picture
Offline
Joined: 07/08/2014
Posts: 1802
Your Most Expensive Gift..

Good Morning All...Wow!...After reading today about the top ten expensive stuff like a Diamond Swirl Mickey neckless at $4000, it makes my DW dream of getting her Dooney & Burke bag a drop in the ocean..I think the most expensive gift we've ever bought was maybe a picture from "Art of Disney " at round about $50.00... However I've often looked at those awesome ornaments with a hefty price tag. eek ..What's your most expensive gift you've bought at WDW.?...

designedbydisney's picture
Offline
Joined: 08/24/2013
Posts: 591

We don't tend to by many expensive things, we buy ALOT Of pins and vinylmation for people for the value for money the most expensive thing we have brought are ride photos, I can not see how they are so expensive for a print out. So glad we have brought memory maker this year

Offline
Joined: 08/20/2011
Posts: 397

I think the most expensive gift we bought was a watch. On the previous trip Disney had given us two three hundred dollar gift cards for booking two rooms and we still had money left on one of them so we used that to buy it. My guess is it was about eighty dollars. We rarely spend that much on one item. I have a hard time justifying that kind of spending. I can't even think of buying some of the disney t-shirts I like just because I think they should be a few dollars cheaper.

The Colonel's picture
Offline
Joined: 11/08/2012
Posts: 2936

I bought an animation cel way back. An HM scene that was my daughter's favorite ride. I'll post a picture one of these days.

__________________

See my Disney Photography at...
https://www.flickr.com/photos/rt_images/

DVC owner since 2002 BCV/BWV/BLT/VGC

JMed's picture
Offline
Joined: 02/16/2014
Posts: 3812

It was actually pre-trip... A Rapunzel Wedding dress for Blondie... $70 eek but well worth it for the smiles she had!!!

And it was purchased at the Disney store LOL

PreviewAttachmentSize
my little Tangled (as she calls her!)
my little Tangled (as she calls her!)89.91 KB
__________________

"I do not like the cone of shame."

"I want adventure in the great wide somewhere. I want it more than I can tell."

"It seems to me that we have a lot of story yet to tell."

Jennifer Huotari | Create Your Badge

The Huotari's Disney Adventures | Promote Your Page Too

jhugo's picture
Offline
Joined: 01/11/2014
Posts: 717

We don't really buy big items when we are at Disney. The DH buys t-shirts and hats and I usually get pins. If you add up how much I have spent on pins over the years it's a lot of money! I think the Mickey dress I bought last year was the most I have ever spent and that was $60.

Mrferret's picture
Offline
Joined: 03/02/2013
Posts: 1710

I think the most expensive thing we have bought was new jackets in the Puffin's roost.The majority of the cost however was paid out of christmas cash that we had got (we try and buy something specific so we can say "thanks for getting us x for christmas).
Next to that would be a mickey watch from Main street,although i can't remember how much that cost/

__________________

Howdy Y'all
https://www.facebook.com/matthew.tucker1
Caution Content May be inappropriate

May/June 2016 Magic cruise to Norway
2017 Prtugal wedding adventures
2018 Alskan disney cruise ??
2019 Florida

93boomer's picture
Offline
Joined: 11/16/2013
Posts: 902

Haha my Dooney & Burke bag!! Plus, one for my DD! My DH just shook his head!!Smile

amy1989's picture
Offline
Joined: 12/30/2013
Posts: 1404

I don't think I buy expensive items I think its more the vast amount as cheaper items I buy!!!! for example and expensive necklace or watch I probably wouldn't buy - however id buy say 5 items that would add up to that amount!!!!!

this is also why we need 2 extra holdalls for the journey back!!!!!

Magic Mirror's picture
Offline
Joined: 09/18/2012
Posts: 2989

I'm with Amy1989! It seems all those "littles" add up! A handful of pins, trinkets in Epcot....all of a sudden a few hundred bucks are gone and it's only day one eek We have bought some Art of the Evil Queen and they usually run around $50....two years in a row DW has bought a long sleeve t-shirt from Everest which has real patches sewn all over it...pretty cool but a salty price of around $40. I'm with Watchmakers DW- I'd love a D&B handbag-especially that haunted mansion one!

(cute pic of Blondie mickey )

oldtink's picture
Offline
Joined: 03/11/2014
Posts: 867

My pearl and setting each year at Japan (this year a ring) and my husband picks one jade item from China. We used to buy lots of little stuff that really added up, but not so much anymore.

Son bought a cake topper his GF just had to have for their wedding that never happened.... yuck

__________________

"At some point in life you have to decide if you're the Tigger or the Eeyore."...Randy Pausch

"George Banks and all he stands for will be saved. Maybe not in life, but in imagination. Because that's what we storytellers do. We restore order with imagination. We instill hope again and again and again." Walt Disney

JMed's picture
Offline
Joined: 02/16/2014
Posts: 3812

Magic Mirror wrote:

(cute pic of Blondie mickey )

thanks! I think she is pretty cute myself! I buy a lot of little things. I don't even want to think about what we spend on pins each time we go. Could probably pay for another trip instead waiting

__________________

"I do not like the cone of shame."

"I want adventure in the great wide somewhere. I want it more than I can tell."

"It seems to me that we have a lot of story yet to tell."

Jennifer Huotari | Create Your Badge

The Huotari's Disney Adventures | Promote Your Page Too

alicemouse's picture
Offline
Joined: 10/22/2013
Posts: 2832

Pins are my weakness for sure and though not "expensive" per pice, they do add up rather quickly!! I think the most I've spent on an individual pin was $20 and there were 3: The D23 Chip & Dale pocket watch pin (for DH. I went without him right before his birthday one year and I couldn't resist), Darth Vader LE from SWW, and C3P0 LE from SWW.

I did spend $200 on new running shoes at Fit2Run, but that was more of a necessity than a souvenir. My good running shoes were shot and I have a pair of nikes, but running in them makes we want to saw off my feet. I ran 7 miles in them right before our trip in May and I was freaking out because as soon as I took them off, my left foot started to swell and I couldn't even put light pressure on it for nearly two hours.

__________________

Be good at something. It makes you valuable. Have something to bring to the table because that will make you more welcome. --Randy Pausch

Find me on Facebook

Trip Reports:
December 2013: 10th Anniversary, 1st DVC Stay | April 2014: Birthday on the Boardwalk | May 2014: Star Wars Weekend, Navigating WDW with a wheelchair | August 2014: Villains Unleashed | September/October 2014: MNSSHP, F&W, Tower of Terror 10-miler | March/April 2015: Disneyland and California Coastal Cruise | November 2015: Wine & Dine Half, Food & Wine, 1st Disney Cruise | February 2016: Presidential Classic Gymnastics Meet | March 2016: "Work" Trip, Tours, F&G Festival | April 2016: Conference at Disneyland | Fall 2016: Festive Fall Fun | January 2017: Festival of the Arts | May 2017: AbD Backstage Magic | July 2017: AbD San Francisco | Sorry I had to give up doing trip reports. Too many time commitments right now.

The Watchmaker's picture
Offline
Joined: 07/08/2014
Posts: 1802

JMed wrote:
It was actually pre-trip... A Rapunzel Wedding dress for Blondie... $70 eek but well worth it for the smiles she had!!!

And it was purchased at the Disney store LOL

A Princess indeed.. awesome

The Watchmaker's picture
Offline
Joined: 07/08/2014
Posts: 1802

93boomer wrote:
Haha my Dooney & Burke bag!! Plus, one for my DD! My DH just shook his head!!Smile

Sssshhhh...Quiet please Boomer..Incase my DW hears you..LOL...

The Watchmaker's picture
Offline
Joined: 07/08/2014
Posts: 1802

alicemouse wrote:
Pins are my weakness for sure and though not "expensive" per pice, they do add up rather quickly!! I think the most I've spent on an individual pin was $20 and there were 3: The D23 Chip & Dale pocket watch pin (for DH. I went without him right before his birthday one year and I couldn't resist), Darth Vader LE from SWW, and C3P0 LE from SWW.

I did spend $200 on new running shoes at Fit2Run, but that was more of a necessity than a souvenir. My good running shoes were shot and I have a pair of nikes, but running in them makes we want to saw off my feet. I ran 7 miles in them right before our trip in May and I was freaking out because as soon as I took them off, my left foot started to swell and I couldn't even put light pressure on it for nearly two hours.

What! eek $200 for a pair of running shoes..At that price I would want them to be running themselves whilst i sip a cool beer. laugh

crazycatperson's picture
Offline
Joined: 09/19/2011
Posts: 3709

I'd rather sink my money into more trips, or more good food during the trip. Souvenirs don't rank really high on my priority list. Unless they're for people back home, then I can spend a chunk of change.

EmFord's picture
Offline
Joined: 02/12/2014
Posts: 414

The Watchmaker wrote:

What! eek $200 for a pair of running shoes..At that price I would want them to be running themselves whilst i sip a cool beer. laugh

rolling My kind of running shoes! The most I've spent on my newest pair was $120 and I must say its worth it to spend more if you're an avid runner. They really do make a world of difference.

__________________

Ms.Mouse's picture
Offline
Joined: 12/31/2013
Posts: 358

Since we were celebrating our 25th Anniversary on our last trip, we splurged on a few things. Hubby bought me 3 new charms for my Charmed Memories bracelet, a new Vera Bradley purse, and we had an ornament personalized at the DTD Christmas store. He got a new mug laugh
We are usually pretty frugal though. Here's a tip. If you make a purchase at Starbucks in one of the parks at the bottom of the receipt they have a coupon for 20% off your total purchase at certain stores like Mousegear at Epcot. That's how we did our souvenirs for the folks back home and my purse!

JMed's picture
Offline
Joined: 02/16/2014
Posts: 3812

The Watchmaker wrote:
JMed wrote:
It was actually pre-trip... A Rapunzel Wedding dress for Blondie... $70 eek but well worth it for the smiles she had!!!

And it was purchased at the Disney store LOL

A Princess indeed.. awesome

awwww thanks!!! biggrin

Ms.Mouse wrote:

We are usually pretty frugal though. Here's a tip. If you make a purchase at Starbucks in one of the parks at the bottom of the receipt they have a coupon for 20% off your total purchase at certain stores like Mousegear at Epcot. That's how we did our souvenirs for the folks back home and my purse!

Sweet! I will look out for that, I love me some Starbucks! awesome

__________________

"I do not like the cone of shame."

"I want adventure in the great wide somewhere. I want it more than I can tell."

"It seems to me that we have a lot of story yet to tell."

Jennifer Huotari | Create Your Badge

The Huotari's Disney Adventures | Promote Your Page Too

The Watchmaker's picture
Offline
Joined: 07/08/2014
Posts: 1802

Ms.Mouse wrote:
Since we were celebrating our 25th Anniversary on our last trip, we splurged on a few things. Hubby bought me 3 new charms for my Charmed Memories bracelet, a new Vera Bradley purse, and we had an ornament personalized at the DTD Christmas store. He got a new mug laugh
We are usually pretty frugal though. Here's a tip. If you make a purchase at Starbucks in one of the parks at the bottom of the receipt they have a coupon for 20% off your total purchase at certain stores like Mousegear at Epcot. That's how we did our souvenirs for the folks back home and my purse!

We got that in 2010 when we ate at certain CS restaurants, like CHH..It had to be used before noon at various shops..We racked up,over $200 alone in Mousegears and it was a good saving..Will check that out..thanks.. awesome

The Colonel's picture
Offline
Joined: 11/08/2012
Posts: 2936

My wife loaded up in the Christmas store in anticipation of my daughters wedding shower, but no one thing was that expensive. In total it was alot.

__________________

See my Disney Photography at...
https://www.flickr.com/photos/rt_images/

DVC owner since 2002 BCV/BWV/BLT/VGC

jw24's picture
Offline
Joined: 11/23/2013
Posts: 999

For me, it was an Indiana Jones hat. Over 60 bucks and by far, the most expensive hat I've ever bought!

__________________

"All my life I wonder how it feels to pass a day, not above them but part of them.

And out there living in the sun, give me one day out there, all I ask is one to hold forever. Out there where they all live unaware, what I'd give, what I'd dare, just to live one day out there."

Spook's picture
Offline
Joined: 04/27/2012
Posts: 2772

I'd have to say DVC laugh

Ollie's picture
Offline
Joined: 12/28/2011
Posts: 1039

I bought a Lion King 'letterman's style' jacket 20 years ago. Had coveted them at the Disney Store all year and finally there was some sort of sale/discount. Was something like $200 originally, but don't recall what I paid. Still have it!

__________________

If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.
J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline
Joined: 01/22/2014
Posts: 291

Sorry, Watchmaker, but I have to say my Dooney & Bourke bag was my most expensive item as well wink But since it's the only designer bag I own, I feel like it was worth it awesome

__________________

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker Free Disney Tickers

The Watchmaker's picture
Offline
Joined: 07/08/2014
Posts: 1802

Wonderland Katie wrote:
Sorry, Watchmaker, but I have to say my Dooney & Bourke bag was my most expensive item as well wink But since it's the only designer bag I own, I feel like it was worth it awesome

Running for cover.. gaah

Offline
Joined: 07/19/2013
Posts: 1557

MrHub's picture
Offline
Joined: 10/29/2009
Posts: 9465

KenJ wrote:

awesome

alicemouse's picture
Offline
Joined: 10/22/2013
Posts: 2832

EmFord wrote:
The Watchmaker wrote:

What! eek $200 for a pair of running shoes..At that price I would want them to be running themselves whilst i sip a cool beer. laugh

rolling My kind of running shoes! The most I've spent on my newest pair was $120 and I must say its worth it to spend more if you're an avid runner. They really do make a world of difference.

Well, that was actually the running shoes AND a pair of super-cushion-walk-on-clouds flip flops, but I have a lot of mile to put on those babies up to and including ToT 10-miler and I've not been having the best time with my feet lately. I only spent $60 on the nikes and they were clearly not the shoe for me (so. much. pain.) The new shoes are helping tremendously!

__________________

Be good at something. It makes you valuable. Have something to bring to the table because that will make you more welcome. --Randy Pausch

Find me on Facebook

Trip Reports:
December 2013: 10th Anniversary, 1st DVC Stay | April 2014: Birthday on the Boardwalk | May 2014: Star Wars Weekend, Navigating WDW with a wheelchair | August 2014: Villains Unleashed | September/October 2014: MNSSHP, F&W, Tower of Terror 10-miler | March/April 2015: Disneyland and California Coastal Cruise | November 2015: Wine & Dine Half, Food & Wine, 1st Disney Cruise | February 2016: Presidential Classic Gymnastics Meet | March 2016: "Work" Trip, Tours, F&G Festival | April 2016: Conference at Disneyland | Fall 2016: Festive Fall Fun | January 2017: Festival of the Arts | May 2017: AbD Backstage Magic | July 2017: AbD San Francisco | Sorry I had to give up doing trip reports. Too many time commitments right now.

Kristen K.'s picture
Offline
Joined: 09/01/2011
Posts: 23166

The Watchmaker wrote:
eek ..What's your most expensive gift you've bought at WDW.?...

It would have to be my DVC. It was my birthday gift.