Your Top 5 Must-Do Disney World Snacks

Login to post comments
61 posts / 0 new
dsoup's picture
Offline
Joined: 07/11/2008
Posts: 2884
Your Top 5 Must-Do Disney World Snacks

In the thread about the best of Disney on DFB, I was saying that a top-list for snacks would be more interesting than a first place since Dole Whip was almost sure to win. So everyone list your 5 (or so) top favorite snacks at WDW:

1.) Butterfinger Cupcake
2.) Magic Kingdom Cinnamon Roll
3.) That Cookie at the Writer's Stop
4.) Kaki-Gori
5.) Funnel Cakes

caitiesus's picture
Offline
Joined: 03/11/2009
Posts: 682

1. Dole Whip
2. Kaki Gori
3. Churros
4. Funnel Cake
5. Cookie Ice Cream Sandwich

Offline
Joined: 09/12/2010
Posts: 4677

I am so glad I found this site, because I learn of so many things I haven't done, seen or eaten yet that give me reasons to plan Disney trips for many, many years to come....I never had a Kaki Gori! What is wrong with me?? Add that to the list for next trip....

1. Mickey Ice Cream Sandwich
2. Pretzel rods or a cookie dipped in chocolate from Goofy's Candy Company in DTD
3. Red Velvet Cupcake (but now I must try the Butterfinger Cupcake!!)
4. MK popcorn (I know, but nostalgia kicks in here)
5. A second Mickey Ice Cream Sandwich yay

teacherdrama's picture
Offline
Joined: 03/11/2009
Posts: 698

1) Dole Whip
2) Peach icee slushee thing
3) Egg rolls
4) Chocolate covered frozen bananas
5) Have to agree with my wife - funnel cake

__________________

Zipadeedoodah -- yeah, man

Bella's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/11/2010
Posts: 3886

What is Kaki-Gori?!?! I've never even heard of that!!

__________________

mickey Bella


Bella's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/11/2010
Posts: 3886

But here is mine..

1. Dole Whip (can I still put that?)
2. Fruit Tart at Kringa
3. Eggroll
4. Chocolate Eared Rice Crispy Treat
5. French Fries..I just heart french fries.

__________________

mickey Bella


Offline
Joined: 09/12/2010
Posts: 4677

Bella wrote:
What is Kaki-Gori?!?! I've never even heard of that!!

I had to look it up! I believe it's shaved ice with fruity syrup on top - like a snow cone but better I am guessing!

Offline
Joined: 09/12/2010
Posts: 4677

OOoo, and I have to change my # 5 to French Fries! I heart French Fries like Bella. My gawd, you should see what I would get at the Minnesota State Fair...the "feed a family of 6" size bucket all for myself! Mwuahahhaa! Oh. Sorry.

teacherdrama's picture
Offline
Joined: 03/11/2009
Posts: 698

Ooo - french fries....umm 5A?

__________________

Zipadeedoodah -- yeah, man

Mousefan0909's picture
Offline
Joined: 12/31/2010
Posts: 22

I would have to say my top 5 are mickey February 24 can't get here fast enough for me seems like its been forever since i have been to Disney

1. Cupcakes anywhere in the wdw
2. Elephant ears Paris
3. hot chocolate at Ghiradelli
4. pretzel in germany
5. ice tea in china

J.P.'s picture
Offline
Joined: 12/08/2010
Posts: 438

Kaki gori is the best Japanese Snow-cone ever!!
The ice is shaved finer than a usual snow-cone and the flavours are much nicer - like tangerine, strawberry, and honeydew!

It's located near the Japanese Pavilion in the World Showcase. I tried it for the first time in 2010 and the honeydew kaki gori became my favourite treat.

Oh yeah. . . speaking of treats

1. Kaki gori
2. Beignets (from Port Orleans: French Quarter Resort)
3. Mickey's Premium Ice Cream bar
4. Minnie's Strawberry fruit bar
5. Granny smith apples with caramel sauce!

french fries would be #6 mickey

cdub's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/20/2008
Posts: 3220

It's much easier to do this after some other people have gone. For example I would have forgotten the beignets (good catch J.P.!)

1. Butterfinger Cupcake
2. Beignets
3. Funnel Cake
4. Churros
5. Ice Cream Sandwich

I know I'll see someone else come up with one I would have put on my list!

Pegosaurus's picture
Offline
Joined: 11/12/2010
Posts: 467

I'm not sure about all 5, but the raspberry and white chocolate cookies they sell in the sweet shop I used to work in on Main Street were SO good!

__________________

[url='http://www.mickeypath.com/']

[/url]

Vettelover's picture
Offline
Joined: 03/28/2009
Posts: 4651

Well here is my top 5, not in any particular order:
1-Mickey premium ice cream bar.
2-Funnel cakes.
3-Zebra Domes.
4-Dole Whip.
5-Cupcakes from Karamell Kuche.

PreviewAttachmentSize
yummy
yummy1.84 MB
__________________

teacherdrama's picture
Offline
Joined: 03/11/2009
Posts: 698

oooh - zebra dome.... 5B?

Maybe I need a top 10.

__________________

Zipadeedoodah -- yeah, man

Lizzy_B's picture
Offline
Joined: 10/25/2010
Posts: 3246

Do margaritas count? Smile

1. Mickey Ice Cream Bar
2. Dole Whip
3. Caramel ANYTHING from Karamell Kuche
4. Funnel Cake
5. Strawberry Ice Bar

I just KNOW I'm missing something...

__________________

Bella's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/11/2010
Posts: 3886

Ohh!!!!!
5A. Margaritas
5B. Zebra Domes..

Crap it's so hard to choose just 5!!!!

Are all the McDonalds french fries gone inside the parks now??

__________________

mickey Bella


Brad's picture
Offline
Joined: 08/05/2008
Posts: 4357

Bella wrote:

Are all the McDonalds french fries gone inside the parks now??

I know the one in MK is gone. Are the rest gone too?

Bella's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/11/2010
Posts: 3886

Brad wrote:
Bella wrote:

Are all the McDonalds french fries gone inside the parks now??

I know the one in MK is gone. Are the rest gone too?

uggh..i hope not. McDonalds French Fries are my hearts desire.

__________________

mickey Bella


JustCar's picture
Offline
Joined: 08/24/2010
Posts: 1042

Bella, come on over I have about 50 french fry coupons Smile

__________________

Oct 2009 POP
Sept 2011 POP
Oct 2013 Coronado
May 2014 AKL , Magic, AoA Girlie Trip
Oct 2014 CBR Pirate Room Girlie Trip
Nov 2014 DCL Fantasy 7 Night Eastern Caribbean, Girlie Trip, POR Royal Guest Suite, GF Concierge
August 2015 DCL Magic 7 Night Mediterranean
October 2015 DL Grand Californian, DCL Wonder Panama Canal

https://www.facebook.com/MsBubbles
https://www.facebook.com/MVTRavel

Lizzy_B's picture
Offline
Joined: 10/25/2010
Posts: 3246

Um, zebra dome?

I haven't seen any McD's french fries...and of course the McD's at DD is gone (thank goodness.) Not sure about the other one...I keep forgetting to pay attention.

__________________

Offline
Joined: 09/12/2010
Posts: 4677

I am pretty sure they are all gone now. Sorry Bella - I can hear your heart cracking..... eek

Vettelover's picture
Offline
Joined: 03/28/2009
Posts: 4651

Lizzy_B wrote:
Um, zebra dome?


Lizzy your post indicates that you have never heard of Zebra Domes. eek
Zebra Domes are a pastry only available at AKL at BOMA and at the counter service rest. whose name escapes me at the moment (senior moment). I have never eaten at Kidani Village but I will assume that they are available there as well. Try just one and you will be hooked for life as I was. They are deeelish!!!

__________________

cdub's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/20/2008
Posts: 3220

Boma Counter Service = The Mara

Bella's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/11/2010
Posts: 3886

JeffC wrote:
I am pretty sure they are all gone now. Sorry Bella - I can hear your heart cracking..... eek

Crapsticks!

__________________

mickey Bella


Bella's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/11/2010
Posts: 3886

Lizzy_B wrote:
Um, zebra dome?

Lizzy B..please tell..no..please..you have never heard of a Zebra Dome?!?!?!?!

http://chowtown.files.wordpress.com/2009/08/zebra-dome.jpg

Done.

__________________

mickey Bella


Brad's picture
Offline
Joined: 08/05/2008
Posts: 4357

Mousefan0909 wrote:
I would have to say my top 5 are mickey February 24 can't get here fast enough for me seems like its been forever since i have been to Disney

1. Cupcakes anywhere in the wdw
2. Elephant ears Paris
3. hot chocolate at Ghiradelli
4. pretzel in germany
5. ice tea in china

I almost tried the pretzel as Sommerfest when I was there. Is it a pretty standard pretzel or does it have any twists?

ChipnDaleFan's picture
Offline
Joined: 05/02/2010
Posts: 882

Mmmmm snacks....

1.Cupcakes from Starring Rolls
2.Beignets (from Port Orleans: French Quarter Resort)
3.Popcorn from Main Street
4.Egg rolls in AK
5.Anything Goofy's Candy Co.

__________________

Grovesnor offsite '93 ~ Port Orleans '94 ~ Port Orleans '95 ~ Caribbean Beach '97~ Carribbean Beach '99 ~ Caribbean Beach '00 ~ Offsite '02~ Caribbean Beach '08 ~ Port Orleans French Quarter '10 ~ Dolphin/Hilton '12-~All Star Sports '16

Lizzy_B's picture
Offline
Joined: 10/25/2010
Posts: 3246

Vettelover wrote:
Lizzy_B wrote:
Um, zebra dome?


Lizzy your post indicates that you have never heard of Zebra Domes. eek
Zebra Domes are a pastry only available at AKL at BOMA and at the counter service rest. whose name escapes me at the moment (senior moment). I have never eaten at Kidani Village but I will assume that they are available there as well. Try just one and you will be hooked for life as I was. They are deeelish!!!

Bella wrote:
Lizzy_B wrote:
Um, zebra dome?

Lizzy B..please tell..no..please..you have never heard of a Zebra Dome?!?!?!?!

http://chowtown.files.wordpress.com/2009/08/zebra-dome.jpg

Done.

You know...true confession time...I have neglected AK and AKL shamefully. I've never even laid eyes on AKL eek That means I haven't had the pleasure of Boma or Jiko. And while I've spent time at AK - especially the early days, since it opened while I was still a CM - I haven't spent as much time there in later years. There are several rides that I haven't even done.

SO....I have a trip planned over there next week. I will attempt to track down a zebra dome and try it. Although sounds like it's destined to become a vice. And I need another one of those like, well, you know...

__________________

cdub's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/20/2008
Posts: 3220

Lizzy_B wrote:

You know...true confession time...I have neglected AK and AKL shamefully. I've never even laid eyes on AKL eek That means I haven't had the pleasure of Boma or Jiko. And while I've spent time at AK - especially the early days, since it opened while I was still a CM - I haven't spent as much time there in later years. There are several rides that I haven't even done.

SO....I have a trip planned over there next week. I will attempt to track down a zebra dome and try it. Although sounds like it's destined to become a vice. And I need another one of those like, well, you know...

eek eek eek eek eek eek eek eek

teacherdrama's picture
Offline
Joined: 03/11/2009
Posts: 698

Brad wrote:
Mousefan0909 wrote:
I would have to say my top 5 are mickey February 24 can't get here fast enough for me seems like its been forever since i have been to Disney

1. Cupcakes anywhere in the wdw
2. Elephant ears Paris
3. hot chocolate at Ghiradelli
4. pretzel in germany
5. ice tea in china

I almost tried the pretzel as Sommerfest when I was there. Is it a pretty standard pretzel or does it have any twists?

Does it have any twists??? Oh come on, I can't be the only one who found that funny!

__________________

Zipadeedoodah -- yeah, man