Your Top Tips At Disney..

Login to post comments
17 posts / 0 new
The Watchmaker's picture
Offline
Joined: 07/08/2014
Posts: 1802
Your Top Tips At Disney..

In my past life, I was a member of a UK Disney fan base that shut down many years ago, but there was great tips given by members which I found very helpful, so I thought I'd start the ball rolling...One of my tips was at "Finding Nemo the Musical"..The first time we went to the show we made a beeline for the seats near the front of the auditorium ...Big mistake as the stage was so high we couldn't see lots of stuff going on and small children next to us were jumping up trying to see the show, so next vacation we seated our butts about half way in the middle..Simple tip but worthwhile if you've got little ones with you...What are your favourite tips at Disney.?

The Colonel's picture
Offline
Joined: 11/08/2012
Posts: 2936

The bars close early, so don't waste time awesome

__________________

See my Disney Photography at...
https://www.flickr.com/photos/rt_images/

DVC owner since 2002 BCV/BWV/BLT/VGC

MrHub's picture
Offline
Joined: 10/29/2009
Posts: 9465

The Colonel wrote:
The bars close early, so don't waste time awesome

awesome

Mousedreaming's picture
Offline
Joined: 02/11/2014
Posts: 367

If there is a second Fantasmic! show, go to the second one. No need to invest that kind of money to do the Fantasmic! dinner package.

__________________

*Proud Disney Nut*

The Watchmaker's picture
Offline
Joined: 07/08/2014
Posts: 1802

The Colonel wrote:
The bars close early, so don't waste time awesome

Mine is open till 02.00am..Plenty of beer in my resort room fridge..Aye..Its a Scottish thing... rolling

The Watchmaker's picture
Offline
Joined: 07/08/2014
Posts: 1802

Mousedreaming wrote:
If there is a second Fantasmic! show, go to the second one. No need to invest that kind of money to do the Fantasmic! dinner package.

Nice one.. awesome

Offline
Joined: 10/28/2014
Posts: 80

My tip is that (if you want to ride the water rides)...always use a fast past reservation for the water rides (Kali River Rapids--Animal Kingdom; Splash Mountain-Magic Kingdom) in the afternoon.

In the Florida heat, these rides always have the longest lines in the heat of the day and can be 2 or more hours long for standby lines (because that's when everyone wants to cool off). Fast pass will allow you to walk on with little wait.

If you do manage to get soaked on either of these rides, you dry off much quicker in the heat of the day than later.

The lines always ease up for these rides in the morning and the evening because its cooler then. ... but who wants to walk around wet and cold at night?

... just one of the ways I've found as a good use of my fast pass.

The Watchmaker's picture
Offline
Joined: 07/08/2014
Posts: 1802

SorcererMickey wrote:
My tip is that (if you want to ride the water rides)...always use a fast past reservation for the water rides (Kali River Rapids--Animal Kingdom; Splash Mountain-Magic Kingdom) in the afternoon.

In the Florida heat, these rides always have the longest lines in the heat of the day and can be 2 or more hours long for standby lines (because that's when everyone wants to cool off). Fast pass will allow you to walk on with little wait.

If you do manage to get soaked on either of these rides, you dry off much quicker in the heat of the day than later.

The lines always ease up for these rides in the morning and the evening because its cooler then. ... but who wants to walk around wet and cold at night?

... just one of the ways I've found as a good use of my fast pass.

awesome

figgy's picture
Offline
Joined: 11/15/2013
Posts: 819

My best tip is ROPE DROP each and every morning!!!!!!!!!!!!! Save SSE for after lunch as the lines are shorter.

__________________

August 2016 here we come!

jw24's picture
Offline
Joined: 11/23/2013
Posts: 999

My tip would be to drink mostly water in the parks. Caffeine/alcohol and the heat are not a good combination and trust me, I know the feeling of getting sick from drinking soda in the hot sun because of that. Water hydrates.

__________________

"All my life I wonder how it feels to pass a day, not above them but part of them.

And out there living in the sun, give me one day out there, all I ask is one to hold forever. Out there where they all live unaware, what I'd give, what I'd dare, just to live one day out there."

Emilio's picture
Offline
Joined: 03/23/2013
Posts: 334

We started enjoying WDW more when we slowed down and took our time at the parks. It's not unusual for us to enter a park and just walk around, eat at a nice restaurant and walk some more. Stop for pastries, coffee or tea, and even a cold one Davie

We've been visiting WDW since the 70's and we knew that we would continue visiting WDW in the future (especially after buying into DVC in 93), so we just enjoy the Disney atmosphere, the landscape, architecture, foods, wildlife, attractions, and rides every now and then clapping .

How do you say, slow down and smell the turkey legs and popcorn Cool

Tiggerbelle's picture
Offline
Joined: 05/27/2014
Posts: 89

My favorite, and the one that has always worked is - Go to the left. If there are two lines, get in the one on the left, it will be shorter. In the Magic Kingdom, go to Adventureland first....because that's where the Dole Whips are! lol....but seriously, hitting Adventureland first takes you in the opposite direction as most of the masses, who bee-line for Tomorrowland. Same thing in World Showcase....start with Mexico rather than Canada.

Personally learned tip: If you go to see It's Tough to be a Bug...sit forward during the scene with the wasps....because reasons (no spoilers here) just take my word for it. sarcastic

Offline
Joined: 03/22/2014
Posts: 552

One of our big tips to first timers is to buy a Brita filtered water bottle. The grumbles about the taste of the water are pretty legit so we use a Brita water bottle and it helps a lot! We fill it throughout the day, ask for some ice at stands and don't buy bottled water.

Also, we do Kali River right before we leave for the day at AK. Every time I have gotten on it I have been SOAKED through. Wet socks and underwear = no fun.

__________________

The Watchmaker's picture
Offline
Joined: 07/08/2014
Posts: 1802

Just remembered about these things..I believe I've mentioned them in the past..There called Cooling Bandanas..My sister in law sent us six from L.A. but I believe they originate from Texas..They have crystals which when soaked in water expand..So what you do is soak them in cold water,pop them into the fridge overnight,then in the morning put them around your neck and they keep cool for about 4-5 hours..Great for those hot days in the parks, and we're not expensive..

PreviewAttachmentSize
image.jpg
image.jpg247.67 KB
Offline
Joined: 07/19/2013
Posts: 1557

My top tip is to just RELAX and don't take your Disney trip too seriously. Be spontaneous and change things up. Don't plan every minute of the day. If you have a spreadsheet, stray from it. Spend some time at your resort and enjoy the pool. Disney is not just about the parks.

That's how we roll and find it quite relaxing.

EmFord's picture
Offline
Joined: 02/12/2014
Posts: 414

KenJ wrote:
My top tip is to just RELAX and don't take your Disney trip too seriously. Be spontaneous and change things up. Don't plan every minute of the day. If you have a spreadsheet, stray from it. Spend some time at your resort and enjoy the pool. Disney is not just about the parks.

That's how we roll and find it quite relaxing.

I agree! Spontaneity makes the magic more.. ahem.. magical. Taking your time to just wander and soak everything up really is what Disney is all about. If you're constantly rushing, the days go by quicker and you just feel exhausted.

__________________

alicemouse's picture
Offline
Joined: 10/22/2013
Posts: 2832

Tiggerbelle wrote:
Go to the left. If there are two lines, get in the one on the left, it will be shorter. In the Magic Kingdom, go to Adventureland first....because that's where the Dole Whips are! lol....but seriously, hitting Adventureland first takes you in the opposite direction as most of the masses, who bee-line for Tomorrowland.

Agreed! We've been using this strategy for the past two years or so and it has so far worked like charm every time. We walk on to Jungle Cruise, Pirates, BTMR, and Haunted Mansion and then save our FP for Fantasyland. I love PPF, but I hate waiting for it and the rope drop advantage doesn't last very long in Fantasyland. 7DMT? I don't even try to ride that without a FP!

__________________

Be good at something. It makes you valuable. Have something to bring to the table because that will make you more welcome. --Randy Pausch

Find me on Facebook

Trip Reports:
December 2013: 10th Anniversary, 1st DVC Stay | April 2014: Birthday on the Boardwalk | May 2014: Star Wars Weekend, Navigating WDW with a wheelchair | August 2014: Villains Unleashed | September/October 2014: MNSSHP, F&W, Tower of Terror 10-miler | March/April 2015: Disneyland and California Coastal Cruise | November 2015: Wine & Dine Half, Food & Wine, 1st Disney Cruise | February 2016: Presidential Classic Gymnastics Meet | March 2016: "Work" Trip, Tours, F&G Festival | April 2016: Conference at Disneyland | Fall 2016: Festive Fall Fun | January 2017: Festival of the Arts | May 2017: AbD Backstage Magic | July 2017: AbD San Francisco | Sorry I had to give up doing trip reports. Too many time commitments right now.