angels(Peg) Pretrip/ Trip Report

Login to post comments
73 posts / 0 new
Allie's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/26/2012
Posts: 5477

Oh my gosh there are going to be a lot of people there next week! The boards are going to feel so deserted! Hope everyone has a great time!

Mase's picture
Offline
Joined: 03/02/2011
Posts: 5438

Allie wrote:
Oh my gosh there are going to be a lot of people there next week! The boards are going to feel so deserted! Hope everyone has a great time!

Naw.... you will probably get annoyed by how much ill post... ha ha ha

__________________

- 2013 Trip Report!
- My Int3ractiv3 Trip R3port '12 - CLICK HERE!
[url='http://www.wdwforgrownups.com/forum/pick-mases-dinner-disney']- My Interactive Trip Report '11[/url]

angels444's picture
Offline
Joined: 08/05/2012
Posts: 647

Single digits today! yeah yeah stars yeah yeah

I keep chanting Good health, no illness, good weather.Good health, no illness, good weather.Good health, no illness, good weather. muchlove mickey

__________________

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker Free Disney Tickers

Allie's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/26/2012
Posts: 5477

yay clapping yay clapping yay

MsVersaci's picture
Offline
Joined: 08/07/2012
Posts: 99

angels444 wrote:
Single digits today! yeah yeah stars yeah yeah

I keep chanting Good health, no illness, good weather.Good health, no illness, good weather.Good health, no illness, good weather. muchlove mickey

In one week it is Disney trip Eve for me.....

HOW CAN ANY OF US STAND IT?!?!??!?!

__________________

Wedding Countdown Ticker

MrHub's picture
Offline
Joined: 10/29/2009
Posts: 9502

Still got the ear problems here!

Mase's picture
Offline
Joined: 03/02/2011
Posts: 5438

mrhub wrote:
Still got the ear problems here!

How about now?

__________________

- 2013 Trip Report!
- My Int3ractiv3 Trip R3port '12 - CLICK HERE!
[url='http://www.wdwforgrownups.com/forum/pick-mases-dinner-disney']- My Interactive Trip Report '11[/url]

Becca1005

yay Oh my gosh! You must be getting soooo excited! Only a couple more days to go!! yay I've been stalking the weather channel and the weather is looking gorgeous!!! beach

angels444's picture
Offline
Joined: 08/05/2012
Posts: 647

I am getting excited. Thank you for noticing my departure date. I seems more surreal at this point. I am still waiting for the other shoe to drop. Something always goes wrong. We have never had a smooth trip, so I am waiting for something to happen. That seems so pessimistic huh.

__________________

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker Free Disney Tickers

Becca1005

awesome Not pessimistic, prepared! Something always seems to go wrong for us too. As long as I always keep that in mind, I can normally cope with it better than thinking that everything is going to be hunky-dory Wink I hope you have "smooth sailing" though! crossfingers

The Cookie Crumbler's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/10/2012
Posts: 750

Not pessimistic, practical! It's good to consider things that can go wrong so that you know how you would take care of the situation.

Only one more day for you, so exciting!

__________________

Fellow Americans, I hear your tambourines inside my head and that's no lie!

angels444's picture
Offline
Joined: 08/05/2012
Posts: 647

I wish our history was as simple as lost restaurant ressie.
2009 My son arrives in Disney with swine flu. Stuck in room for several days.

2010 Husband and I get some sort of stomach virus and we did not leave the room for 7 days. 3 days for jason and 4 days for me. We had to take care of each other. Sprite and crackers from the food court for us. A waste of the DDP.

2011 We travel with some friends which was ok. But the doctor had changed my meds a couple days before leaving so I walked around Disney like a zombie all week because the meds were off. We didnt know at first what was wrong. It didn't dawn on me until day 7 that it could be my meds but nothing I can do about it 1200 miles from home. I was miserable.

So I am going into this trip wondering what is going to happen this year.

__________________

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker Free Disney Tickers

Offline
Joined: 08/05/2012
Posts: 252

Nothing we are gonna have a great time and in just over 24 hours I get to see her smile like a little girl the look on her face is why I love going hugs sweetie.

angels444's picture
Offline
Joined: 08/05/2012
Posts: 647

I paid for universal today. clapping I even finalized Seaworld today. clapping I have been putting those off until I saw that the weather was going to be good this weekend. ssshhh I shouldn't say that too loud with my luck. eek

__________________

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker Free Disney Tickers

The Cookie Crumbler's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/10/2012
Posts: 750

Yea! Safe travels to the two of you! yay

__________________

Fellow Americans, I hear your tambourines inside my head and that's no lie!

Becca1005

Hazegry wrote:
Nothing we are gonna have a great time and in just over 24 hours I get to see her smile like a little girl the look on her face is why I love going hugs sweetie.

Awww! My DH says the same thing! biggrin

angels444 wrote:
I paid for universal today. clapping I even finalized Seaworld today. clapping I have been putting those off until I saw that the weather was going to be good this weekend. ssshhh I shouldn't say that too loud with my luck. eek

Lots of sun in your future! Safe travels, health to you all and have a GREAT time! We'll be arriving just a few days after you so fingers crossed for us all! crossfingers crossfingers crossfingers crossfingers

mickey mickey mickey mickey mickey mickey mickey mickey mickey mickey

Kristen K.'s picture
Offline
Joined: 09/01/2011
Posts: 23803

stars Whoo hoo!! It will be lovely! Sounds like you're due for a lovely trip.

I can't wait to hear about how much fun you guys have and to see the pictures!

angels444's picture
Offline
Joined: 08/05/2012
Posts: 647

Top to bottom
Seasonal Cupcake Main Street Bakery
birthday cupcake crystal palace
Seasonal santa cupcake Main Street Bakery
Birthday cupcake GF cafe cupcake
Peppermint cupcake and gingerbread cupcake
Cupcake cone
These two don't count I guess Santa Cupcake (Sea World) The grey stuff from BOG
triple chocolate cupcake BOG
Birthday cupcake Ohana
Ice cube cupcake
Cotton tail from AK
Elephant cupcake from AK
King Cupcake Pop Century
Oreo cupcake
Lemon meringue cupcake BOG
Chocolate cream puff
Peanut Butter Cup cupcake
Butterfinger cupcake

18 cupcakes in 10 days is not bad

__________________

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker Free Disney Tickers

angels444's picture
Offline
Joined: 08/05/2012
Posts: 647

We are back and that is my crawl update. I will follow it up later.

__________________

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker Free Disney Tickers

angels444's picture
Offline
Joined: 08/05/2012
Posts: 647

angels444 wrote:
I wish our history was as simple as lost restaurant ressie.
2009 My son arrives in Disney with swine flu. Stuck in room for several days.

2010 Husband and I get some sort of stomach virus and we did not leave the room for 7 days. 3 days for jason and 4 days for me. We had to take care of each other. Sprite and crackers from the food court for us. A waste of the DDP.

2011 We travel with some friends which was ok. But the doctor had changed my meds a couple days before leaving so I walked around Disney like a zombie all week because the meds were off. We didnt know at first what was wrong. It didn't dawn on me until day 7 that it could be my meds but nothing I can do about it 1200 miles from home. I was miserable.

So I am going into this trip wondering what is going to happen this year.

Nothing bad really happened this trip. I had a 24 hour thing but other then that we had a good time.

__________________

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker Free Disney Tickers

angels444's picture
Offline
Joined: 08/05/2012
Posts: 647

That was 18 cupcakes on top of the other desserts that we got with lunch and dinner. Sugar coma. lol

__________________

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker Free Disney Tickers

Allie's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/26/2012
Posts: 5477

That is so many good looking cupcakes! Which was your fav?

Offline
Joined: 08/01/2012
Posts: 2037

Wow Peg those cupcakes look DELISH and I am sure that you were in a sugar coma. laugh

Jess's picture
Offline
Joined: 03/04/2011
Posts: 3280

angels444 wrote:
angels444 wrote:
I wish our history was as simple as lost restaurant ressie.
2009 My son arrives in Disney with swine flu. Stuck in room for several days.

2010 Husband and I get some sort of stomach virus and we did not leave the room for 7 days. 3 days for jason and 4 days for me. We had to take care of each other. Sprite and crackers from the food court for us. A waste of the DDP.

2011 We travel with some friends which was ok. But the doctor had changed my meds a couple days before leaving so I walked around Disney like a zombie all week because the meds were off. We didnt know at first what was wrong. It didn't dawn on me until day 7 that it could be my meds but nothing I can do about it 1200 miles from home. I was miserable.

So I am going into this trip wondering what is going to happen this year.

Nothing bad really happened this trip. I had a 24 hour thing but other then that we had a good time.

Are you sure it was a 24 hour bug and not just being sugar sick from all those cupcakes....That's crazy that you ate that many cupcakes but I'm sure as soon as Jeff see's this you will be his new hero.

__________________

Offline
Joined: 08/01/2012
Posts: 2037

Jess wrote:
angels444 wrote:
angels444 wrote:
I wish our history was as simple as lost restaurant ressie.
2009 My son arrives in Disney with swine flu. Stuck in room for several days.

2010 Husband and I get some sort of stomach virus and we did not leave the room for 7 days. 3 days for jason and 4 days for me. We had to take care of each other. Sprite and crackers from the food court for us. A waste of the DDP.

2011 We travel with some friends which was ok. But the doctor had changed my meds a couple days before leaving so I walked around Disney like a zombie all week because the meds were off. We didnt know at first what was wrong. It didn't dawn on me until day 7 that it could be my meds but nothing I can do about it 1200 miles from home. I was miserable.

So I am going into this trip wondering what is going to happen this year.

Nothing bad really happened this trip. I had a 24 hour thing but other then that we had a good time.

Are you sure it was a 24 hour bug and not just being sugar sick from all those cupcakes....That's crazy that you ate that many cupcakes but I'm sure as soon as Jeff see's this you will be his new hero.

Amen to that!

Becca1005

Jess wrote:
angels444 wrote:
angels444 wrote:
I wish our history was as simple as lost restaurant ressie.
2009 My son arrives in Disney with swine flu. Stuck in room for several days.

2010 Husband and I get some sort of stomach virus and we did not leave the room for 7 days. 3 days for jason and 4 days for me. We had to take care of each other. Sprite and crackers from the food court for us. A waste of the DDP.

2011 We travel with some friends which was ok. But the doctor had changed my meds a couple days before leaving so I walked around Disney like a zombie all week because the meds were off. We didnt know at first what was wrong. It didn't dawn on me until day 7 that it could be my meds but nothing I can do about it 1200 miles from home. I was miserable.

So I am going into this trip wondering what is going to happen this year.

Nothing bad really happened this trip. I had a 24 hour thing but other then that we had a good time.

Are you sure it was a 24 hour bug and not just being sugar sick from all those cupcakes....That's crazy that you ate that many cupcakes but I'm sure as soon as Jeff see's this you will be his new hero.

haha! That's a good point! But so happy you had a great time! We had an issue, ourselves. I'll get to that at the appropriate time in my trip report. Which was your favorite cupcake?

angels444's picture
Offline
Joined: 08/05/2012
Posts: 647

The oreo cupcake was my favorite. Jason hated the peppermint cupcake from the contemporary. He said it tastes like toothpaste. I didn't think it was that bad.

__________________

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker Free Disney Tickers

angels444's picture
Offline
Joined: 08/05/2012
Posts: 647

We also had dinner credits and snack credit left over so the last two days we got to spread a little Disney magic.

We bought dinner for a couple at BOG. The server went and asked the manager for permission. ( Should have saved it for a non Disney restaurant) The gentleman came over to the table and said that the whole night made his wife cry. I would like to believe it was the beauty of the ballroom but he wanted to thank me.

Then I bought 4 teenager boys dinner at Earl of Sandwich, and 2 at the food court in our hotel. It killed me to waste those 6 deluxe credits on counter service but we had no more table services scheduled. At least the BOG family got app's and steak. We were in Earl of sandwich and I saw the boys looking at menu board and talking about what they could afford to order. I walked up and said dinner is on me. It was totally funny. I told the boys while we were in line I would buy dinner. After a few no really!, are you sure?, a little spanish that I did not understand, we got up to the counter to order.Each one placed their order one at a time. The guy is ready to hand them the order slip and I placed my order. He gave me the strangest look because here are these 4 young teen Latin boys and here is little ole me, the very white, 40 something woman ordering with them. When we got to the check out it was me directing them everyone get chips and a drink. I have a teenager so handling them wasn't so hard. I handed the guy the slip and slid the card. No problems paying for it all.

My snack credits were easier to spend. I walked up to a mom that was counting out bills in line . There was 11.00 that I counted and kids asking for this and that. She was telling them that they could only get 2 popcorns and 2 drinks to share. I said "Would you do me a favor and let me buy you guys snacks? I have to spend 18 before tomorrow and I need some where to spend them." She just stared at me as she nodded. I was saying who wants popcorn and who wants ice cream as walked up to the cart. 3 popcorns, 2 mickey bars and 3 sodas and 1 water later I was out of there. As I was trying to find J in the crowd ( taking a pic of course) I turn and found her pointing at me when her husband is asking her how she got all of that.

There were 5 other snack credits I just gave a away while I was standing in line.

The same for the last 2 lunches. I found a couple discussing the cost of lunch while trying to decide what to order at the hotel and I asked if they were on the dining plan. They say no, so lunch is on me. They get theirs, I get mine, we all check out together the cashier. You just have have to walk up and flick out the card. The cashiers don't care who is paying as long as some one pays.

I love buying meals and snacks. I hate leaving them behind for Disney to take back.

__________________

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker Free Disney Tickers

angels444's picture
Offline
Joined: 08/05/2012
Posts: 647

I already said I was going to suck at this trip report thing. I will type things as I remember them.
We had great weather. Not a drop of rain anywhere in sight. We went to Universal and IOA. We went to seaworld and went on a VIP tour which gave us the opportunity to feed sea lions, dolphins and string rays. We ate dinner with Shamu and we had a great time at Sea World. He still talks about how he petted the dolphin and he sounds like a little boy in ah sometimes when he is describing it. The dolphin was a total ham and an attention hog. You were only suppose to touch their chins while feeding them but the dolphin swam up and slid onto the shelf separating the people from the dolphins. He just laid there letting us pet him while everyone is trying to pet the chins of the other dolphins. The 6 of us in the tour had the entire dolphin to pet until he decided it was time to collect his earning and it was time for us to pay the piper or feed dolphin in this case.

I surprised J with the African Trek after seeing Versaci trip report. He was thrilled with both tours.

I will think of more as I go along. Check out hazegry trip report or all of his Artistic Disney photos. All I took was cupcake photos.

__________________

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker Free Disney Tickers

Jess's picture
Offline
Joined: 03/04/2011
Posts: 3280

angels444 wrote:
We also had dinner credits and snack credit left over so the last two days we got to spread a little Disney magic.

We bought dinner for a couple at BOG. The server went and asked the manager for permission. ( Should have saved it for a non Disney restaurant) The gentleman came over to the table and said that the whole night made his wife cry. I would like to believe it was the beauty of the ballroom but he wanted to thank me.

Then I bought 4 teenager boys dinner at Earl of Sandwich, and 2 at the food court in our hotel. It killed me to waste those 6 deluxe credits on counter service but we had no more table services scheduled. At least the BOG family got app's and steak. We were in Earl of sandwich and I saw the boys looking at menu board and talking about what they could afford to order. I walked up and said dinner is on me. It was totally funny. I told the boys while we were in line I would buy dinner. After a few no really!, are you sure?, a little spanish that I did not understand, we got up to the counter to order.Each one placed their order one at a time. The guy is ready to hand them the order slip and I placed my order. He gave me the strangest look because here are these 4 young teen Latin boys and here is little ole me, the very white, 40 something woman ordering with them. When we got to the check out it was me directing them everyone get chips and a drink. I have a teenager so handling them wasn't so hard. I handed the guy the slip and slid the card. No problems paying for it all.

My snack credits were easier to spend. I walked up to a mom that was counting out bills in line . There was 11.00 that I counted and kids asking for this and that. She was telling them that they could only get 2 popcorns and 2 drinks to share. I said "Would you do me a favor and let me buy you guys snacks? I have to spend 18 before tomorrow and I need some where to spend them." She just stared at me as she nodded. I was saying who wants popcorn and who wants ice cream as walked up to the cart. 3 popcorns, 2 mickey bars and 3 sodas and 1 water later I was out of there. As I was trying to find J in the crowd ( taking a pic of course) I turn and found her pointing at me when her husband is asking her how she got all of that.

There were 5 other snack credits I just gave a away while I was standing in line.

The same for the last 2 lunches. I found a couple discussing the cost of lunch while trying to decide what to order at the hotel and I asked if they were on the dining plan. They say no, so lunch is on me. They get theirs, I get mine, we all check out together the cashier. You just have have to walk up and flick out the card. The cashiers don't care who is paying as long as some one pays.

I love buying meals and snacks. I hate leaving them behind for Disney to take back.

That was so amazingly nice of you to do

__________________