Free Dining Fall 2015 Available

Login to post comments
45 posts / 0 new
alicemouse's picture

alicemouse wrote:
Allie wrote:
Ugh this website is driving me absolutely insane. I can book the package if I do it as a new reservation, but when I go in to try and make the exact same changes to an existing reservation it say that rates and availability are not available at this time. Been working on this for going on 7 hours now...

I feel your frustration, Allie. I just tipped over the 8-hour mark. At 2:15:xx on this call, I spoke with a very nice CM who couldn't help me because she wasn't trained to work with TA's (I called the TA line) and she had to put me BACK AT THE END of the queue! Call time is now 4:07. Still on hold. Nevermind the 60 and 90 minute calls that were dropped earlier and a total of 90 minutes of busy signals. I have literally dialed this number more than 200 times today. gaah I can't believe that they didn't release AP & Disney Visa first. This is insane.

Did you have any success yet?

And I just got transferred to three different people and tossed back into the queue with a 103 minute estimated wait.

Be good at something. It makes you valuable. Have something to bring to the table because that will make you more welcome. --Randy Pausch

Find me on Facebook

Trip Reports:
December 2013: 10th Anniversary, 1st DVC Stay | April 2014: Birthday on the Boardwalk | May 2014: Star Wars Weekend, Navigating WDW with a wheelchair | August 2014: Villains Unleashed | September/October 2014: MNSSHP, F&W, Tower of Terror 10-miler | March/April 2015: Disneyland and California Coastal Cruise | November 2015: Wine & Dine Half, Food & Wine, 1st Disney Cruise | February 2016: Presidential Classic Gymnastics Meet | March 2016: "Work" Trip, Tours, F&G Festival | April 2016: Conference at Disneyland | Fall 2016: Festive Fall Fun | January 2017: Festival of the Arts | May 2017: AbD Backstage Magic | July 2017: AbD San Francisco | Sorry I had to give up doing trip reports. Too many time commitments right now.

Allie's picture

alicemouse wrote:
alicemouse wrote:
Allie wrote:
Ugh this website is driving me absolutely insane. I can book the package if I do it as a new reservation, but when I go in to try and make the exact same changes to an existing reservation it say that rates and availability are not available at this time. Been working on this for going on 7 hours now...

I feel your frustration, Allie. I just tipped over the 8-hour mark. At 2:15:xx on this call, I spoke with a very nice CM who couldn't help me because she wasn't trained to work with TA's (I called the TA line) and she had to put me BACK AT THE END of the queue! Call time is now 4:07. Still on hold. Nevermind the 60 and 90 minute calls that were dropped earlier and a total of 90 minutes of busy signals. I have literally dialed this number more than 200 times today. gaah I can't believe that they didn't release AP & Disney Visa first. This is insane.

And I just got transferred to three different people and tossed back into the queue with a 103 minute estimated wait.

That is absolutely insane! I can't get through on the phone at all and the website is no longer even letting me into the reservation modification page. Sighhh.....

NikkiMouse's picture

Ugh! I feel so bad for everyone who has spent their entire day with this. I really, really hope things work out for you.

LouisianaMike's picture

Spook wrote:
I wish free dining was available to DVC members sad

Same goes for AP Holder..... mad

alicemouse's picture

Allie wrote:
alicemouse wrote:
alicemouse wrote:
Allie wrote:

That is absolutely insane! I can't get through on the phone at all and the website is no longer even letting me into the reservation modification page. Sighhh.....

It's 7:43...still holding...

Be good at something. It makes you valuable. Have something to bring to the table because that will make you more welcome. --Randy Pausch

Find me on Facebook

Trip Reports:
December 2013: 10th Anniversary, 1st DVC Stay | April 2014: Birthday on the Boardwalk | May 2014: Star Wars Weekend, Navigating WDW with a wheelchair | August 2014: Villains Unleashed | September/October 2014: MNSSHP, F&W, Tower of Terror 10-miler | March/April 2015: Disneyland and California Coastal Cruise | November 2015: Wine & Dine Half, Food & Wine, 1st Disney Cruise | February 2016: Presidential Classic Gymnastics Meet | March 2016: "Work" Trip, Tours, F&G Festival | April 2016: Conference at Disneyland | Fall 2016: Festive Fall Fun | January 2017: Festival of the Arts | May 2017: AbD Backstage Magic | July 2017: AbD San Francisco | Sorry I had to give up doing trip reports. Too many time commitments right now.

alicemouse's picture

alicemouse wrote:
Allie wrote:
alicemouse wrote:
alicemouse wrote:
Allie wrote:

ohm'gosh!! ohm'gosh!!! Talking to a PERSON!! AND, she seems to know what's going on!! yay yay yeah yeah

Find me on Facebook

Trip Reports:

JMed's picture

It seems every time they announce "Free Dining" it is a (excuse my language) s**tshow. You would think they would get their act together. Tons of training, tons of managers available to be transferred to when problems arise, more availability to modify online. I am ever so thankful for my TA who handled ours in November that was on the phone for hours taking care of ours and her other clients. It's pretty sad that they can't get their act together after so many times rolling this out.

Good luck to all of you trying to get it. And to all of those who have been on hold or are on hold smile! Hopefully it all works out.

"I do not like the cone of shame."

"I want adventure in the great wide somewhere. I want it more than I can tell."

"It seems to me that we have a lot of story yet to tell."

Jennifer Huotari | Create Your Badge

The Huotari's Disney Adventures | Promote Your Page Too

alicemouse's picture

alicemouse wrote:
alicemouse wrote:
Allie wrote:
alicemouse wrote:
alicemouse wrote:
Allie wrote:

ohm'gosh!! ohm'gosh!!! Talking to a PERSON!! AND, she seems to know what's going on!! yay yay yeah yeah

Got it FINALLY! Hope you got yours booked, too!! crossfingers crossfingers

Find me on Facebook

Trip Reports:

oHIo's picture

congrats yeah clapping yay

Allie's picture

alicemouse wrote:
alicemouse wrote:
alicemouse wrote:
Allie wrote:
alicemouse wrote:
alicemouse wrote:
Allie wrote:

Got it FINALLY! Hope you got yours booked, too!! crossfingers crossfingers

Glad you finally got someone, Holly! I finally hung up on the hold music at 6:30 as I had continued to refresh the webpage and finally got the online modifications to work! Whoop! It all paid off in the end!

Allie's picture

JMed wrote:
It seems every time they announce "Free Dining" it is a (excuse my language) s**tshow. You would think they would get their act together. Tons of training, tons of managers available to be transferred to when problems arise, more availability to modify online. I am ever so thankful for my TA who handled ours in November that was on the phone for hours taking care of ours and her other clients. It's pretty sad that they can't get their act together after so many times rolling this out.

Good luck to all of you trying to get it. And to all of those who have been on hold or are on hold smile! Hopefully it all works out.

They have what should be a really awesome online modification setup now (at least on the TA site, haven't looked at the regular site) that I was super excited about using so that I didn't have to sit on the phone all day. Unfortunately there servers were apparently not prepared for the huge influx of people trying to go in and modify (HELLO! It's free dining day!) and the website was either glitchy or crashed most of yesterday. waiting gaah

jhugo's picture

Day three of trying to get free dining. Get a CM on first try! No rooms left at WL for free dining but I had my choice of AK or Boardwalk. DH voted for Boardwalk as it saved us an additional $200. So we are staying at Boardwalk for the first time ever! Excited but will miss WL. awesome

Allie's picture

Ooo I love Boardwalk! Great choice! awesome

alicemouse's picture

jhugo wrote:
Day three of trying to get free dining. Get a CM on first try! No rooms left at WL for free dining but I had my choice of AK or Boardwalk. DH voted for Boardwalk as it saved us an additional $200. So we are staying at Boardwalk for the first time ever! Excited but will miss WL. awesome

Glad you got in!! Boardwalk is beautiful and the location can't be beat!!

Find me on Facebook

Trip Reports: