Girls Trip to Food and Wine 2017 Trip Report.

Login to post comments
58 posts / 0 new

I really wanted to ride Flight of the Banshee first because everyone is saying its an incredible ride. But for saturday 9/16 the fastpasses were already at 5pm and we were only day a half day there that day. I got the boat ride for that morning though instead and did Flight of the Banshee on Sunday evening. But... because we are staying right at AKL my plan is to wake up really early and get into the park before 8am extra magic hours. They sometimes let people in the park and hold them at the tree of life if we get right up in there and stay to the left we can book it right to Pandora and Flight of the Banshee right at opening and try to get on. Since its just the two of us we shouldn't have anything really holding us back at all.
I also didn't do fastpasses for Frozen, I personally didn't think it was worth it when we went before. So our plan is to wake up early Thursday morning 9/14 and walk to there from the International Gateway since we will be coming from the boardwalk that morning. Its also extra magic hours that morning for Epcot, so hopefully less people. I am really excited because according to the touring plans crowd calendar most of the days we are there is a 1 or a 2 crowd level.

Ok so Mission Space with the new Missions will be opening back up on August 13th. I have been checking back to see if I could add that to our fastpasses and was unavailable but opened up today. So we are going to do Orange and Green although I prefer the Orange more intense side.
Also the Animal Kingdom special they aired like a month or so ago I was all excited for the baby tigers. The little ones should be coming in August so I am crossing my fingers we can see them I want to see the cutie pies!
yay yay
On a side note trying to bring it up to the hubby that if we start saving for next year now its not much we have to put aside a week and we can try to stay at the boardwalk Smile I really really want to do the Polynesian some year but its like twice as much to stay there as the Boardwalk.

So I got my wig in for my costume for MNSSHP!
It still needs a big of work I literally just threw it on last night. I have to comb it out a bit more and style it. I also might need a wig cap I have a lot of hair now so its hard to hide. I also had just come in from doing barn chores so I was all sweaty so don't mind that or my mess of a house! lol

Allie's picture

Very cute! You inspired me to get this dress, BTW. Planning on wearing it to La Nouba and our Flying Fish dinner in November muchlove

Allie wrote:
Very cute! You inspired me to get this dress, BTW. Planning on wearing it to La Nouba and our Flying Fish dinner in November muchlove

Yay! Its so comfy!

So 19 days out. According to the tracking our magic bands should be here today! Seems like last year we got them way more ahead of time than this.
I have really been into Lularoe lately and I purchased a new dress to wear to our breakfast reservation for the Bon Voyage Breakfast. But I am not sure about it. I also purchased a tank to that says, "I am 99% sure I am Rapunzel" and Rapunzel Ears. So I might where that with shorts instead. I am still waiting on two pairs of ears to ship too.
I am really really hoping we can also get a pair of the Rose Gold ears while we are there they are so pretty!
And I just ordered the stuff to make shirts for food and wine for myself and my mom. Hoping they will come out cool!

I have started packing and have been getting that all set.
So far our plans are pretty set.

So we have to get up super early on Wednesday morning in other words I am probably not going to bed at all.
Our flight leaves at 6:15am and we are supposed to land at 9:25am.
We are staying at the Boardwalk for the first night so will be dropped off there. I have a room request in for 2070 on Touring Plans, which is the floor the lobby is on and right next to the elevator. I have done the pre check in so we should be all set. So we are just going to head right to Epcot by the time we get there the booths should be open for food and wine and we will be nice and hungry so we will hit those up. The crowd level is supposed to be a 1 there that day so we are going to try to do a regular line for Frozen.
Our Fast Passes are:
The Seas with Nemo 12:40-1:140
Living with the Land 2:20-3:20
Soarin' 3:40-4:40
After our last fastpass we are going to head over to MK which is open until 11pm that night. We are going to try to eat dinner at Skipper Canteen and catch the new Fireworks show and hit up some rides. We are also wanting to see The Kiss Goodnight which neither of us have ever seen.

Next day is Thursday 9/14
This is EMH for Epcot if we didn't get on Frozen the day before we are going to try to get on in then. Then try to hit Soarin and we have have fast passes for,
Test Track 9:50-10:50
Figment 11:15-12:15
Spaceship Earth 12:35- 1:35
Then depending on how the parks are we may try going to HS to do the two things that are actually open there. Then to Animal Kingdom and we need to check into Animal Kingdom Lodge.
I have room request 7208 on Touring Plans.
We Don't really have any meal plans for this day.

Friday 9/15
We are going to sleep in for a bit hit the pool, and then head over to Disney Springs for some shopping.
We are going to try to eat lunch at the Boathouse.
Then back to the resort to get ready for MNSSHP and head over to MK
I have some fastpasses made for this day but might not be able to make the first one. We have dinner reservations at 4:30 for BOG, my mom hasn't ever been there for dinner so she really wanted to go.
Space Mountain 2:15-3:15
Big Thunder Mountain 3:40-4:40
7Dwarves 5:25-6:25
We are mostly going to hit up the rides and maybe meet a few characters I would love to see Ariel while dresses as her. Then hit some of the candy stands. We will be doing the Fireworks of course, the second parade and the last Hocus Pocus show as long ad the weather is all good!

Saturday 9/16
EMH house at Animal Kingdom, this is going to be a rough one after the party, but we wanted to get there before rope drop and try to get right into Pandora to try to get on Flight of Passage right off!
Our Fast Passes
Na'Vi River Journey 9:05-10:05
Dinosaur 10:10-11:10
Kali River Rapids 11:15-12:15

We will be having lunch at Satu'Li Canteen and I will getting a strawberry margarita at Pongu Pongu for sure!
I already know I want the Beef with the Chimichuri and wild rice. yum yum yum. My mom is getting the same but the potato hash.

I think we will be leaving after we eat or later in the day and head over to Magic Kingdom because the park is open until 11pm that night.

Sunday 9/17
Bon Voyage Adventure Breakfast 7:30am
I am so excited for this.
After this we may head to HS to get onto Toy Story Mania which my mom has never done.
Then back to Epcot for our final Food and Wine treats.
Then to Animal Kingdom for the rest of the evening.
Fast Passes
Flight of Passage 2:45-3:45
Kilimanjaro 5:00-6:00
Expedition Everest 7:55-8:55

And we have dinner reservations for the ROL Dining Packages at Tiffins for 4:35
Very excited for this I have heard its better than California Grill which was my favorite our last trip.
Hopefully we can check out the Nighttime offerings of Animal Kingdom and the Bioluminesence of Pandora.

I am very excited its a lot packed in a short trip, but I really can't wait to go!
Plus my dad is giving us both $500 cash to spend and is paying for all our food for both of us! So I don't even have to worry about anything. Both of us were shocked when he told us he was doing that!

And we are now planning out next trip for next year which will be be me and Adam and both of my parents. My dad hasn't been since 2000 and lots have change since then!

PreviewAttachmentSize
dress.jpg
dress.jpg65.96 KB
il_570xn.1203134039_ijxn.jpg
il_570xn.1203134039_ijxn.jpg55.18 KB
animal_kingdom_ears.jpg
animal_kingdom_ears.jpg36.11 KB
foodandwineears.jpg
foodandwineears.jpg68.72 KB

Allie's picture

Man you guys are going to be exhausted but I'm sure you'll have a blast! I love the dress and all the ears.

Kristen K.'s picture

Those food & wine ears are so cute! I love them!

JMed's picture

I love those AKL ears!!!! And the dress is fantastic!

"I do not like the cone of shame."

"I want adventure in the great wide somewhere. I want it more than I can tell."

"It seems to me that we have a lot of story yet to tell."

Jennifer Huotari | Create Your Badge

The Huotari's Disney Adventures | Promote Your Page Too

Got my final pair of ears in yesterday! We fly one week from day! OMG getting so excited but really worried about Irma. As of noon today her projected path have moved more towards the cost and they are saying it will be down to a CAT 3 if it does reach Orlando. We will miss the storm but hoping there is no bad aftermath. It is too late for us to cancel at this time. But there has been a lot of other people canceling. Thinking that it might be really low crowds for the first couple of days anyways. Crossing everything I have to cross that its ok.
In other news I have changed my costume. I have looked and looked for several years for Hocus Pocus costumes and never found anything but now they have created them! I am so stoked. I also had to buy everything at the store that had Hocus Pocus or Binx on it. My cats name is legit Thackery Binx and they could be twins. For whatever reason I have always loved Sarah Sanderson so I am going as her and my mom is going as Winifred.
I am so stoked about this costume. I am bringing it to my seamstress today to get it taken up to my ankles so there will be no issues with Disney's guidelines. Being only 5' 2" everything is always long on me.
I also made my mom and I shirts to wear for food and wine they came out super cute so I am excited to wear them.

Allie's picture

That costume is INCREDIBLE!

Allie wrote:
That costume is INCREDIBLE!

Thanks! I am really excited I just hope Irma doesn't interfere with any of our plans. sad

We were due to arrive at BLT this Saturday with our friends and their 2 daughters. Based on the track of the storm not changing much, we decided to cancel everything. Just after deciding that, we got an email from the airline stating our flight is canceled. So, this trip is officially a bust.

Good luck to everyone in Florida over the next few days. That storm is a big one.

JMed's picture

KenJ wrote:
We were due to arrive at BLT this Saturday with our friends and their 2 daughters. Based on the track of the storm not changing much, we decided to cancel everything. Just after deciding that, we got an email from the airline stating our flight is canceled. So, this trip is officially a bust.

Good luck to everyone in Florida over the next few days. That storm is a big one.

HA! Just read this after sending my reply to you!

Costume looks great, you are going to have to take the cat!!! laugh laugh laugh

KenJ wrote:

I'm so sorry that stink so bad. sad

JMed wrote:

HA! Just read this after sending my reply to you!

Costume looks great, you are going to have to take the cat!!! laugh laugh laugh

I know right! He is a perfect costume accessory.

Thankfully it looks like Disney did not receive an major damages and will re open tomorrow. I still have not heard about MCO other than the are trying to be open for tomorrow. Our flight is supposed to leave 6:15 am Wednesday morning. I wouldn't mind a delay, but please lord do not cancel our flight there are no other flights out anytime soon! sad

We are back. I am exhausted. We had a really great trip. No big issues or problems.

Day 1 September 13th.
We were still worried about the flight being canceled even arriving at the airport that morning but everything was still looking good. We got to our gate and had a bit to wait. We took off on time and we are up in the air less than an hour in the flight one of the flight attendants asked if there was any medical personnel on the flight and both me and my mom looked at each other like they better not be serious right now. I am not sure what was up but someone from the first row went back and was back there for a while and then took her seat again. A little while later she went back again and spoke to someone via a headset and then sat down again. We kept flying and landed in MCO 30 minutes early. So they ended up unloading her first. Then we were able to get off. Our luggage was being taken care of by Magical Express so we just went down to there and a bus pulled in right after we were in line. We loaded up and waited maybe ten minutes and then headed out. The Boardwalk was also the first stop that day so we got right off there. We did not receive a room text at this time so we headed out to the boats. There was a sign in the lobby though that said the boats wouldn't be running that day to take a bus or walk. But when we went down there was in fact a boat running to Epcot but not to Hollywood Studios.
It was about 10:20 at this point and I checked the wait time for Frozen Ever After and it said 5 minutes! So we walked over to there and did that and it was a walk on. Then we went and met Anna and Elsa who had no line at all and we spent a lot of time with them it was great. After we were done with those few times it was time for food and wine so we hit up Patagonia and a Farm Fresh. The beet and arugula salad was delicious! Then we got the Nitro Truffle with Whiskey caramel, it was really good but so rich it made my stomach hurt. After that we headed to Soarin, the smells didn't seem to be working that day which stinks. We both agreed we liked the old version better except the ending. We hit living with the land and then pretty much all the rides in Future World. About 3 we decided it was too dang hot and to take a break at the resort, although we didn't have a text yet. We stopped and both got the Filet at Canada on the way out, it was not as good this year in my opinion it was overcooked, and it didn't have very much truffle sauce.
We went back to the boat at international gateway and now the boats aren't running! So we had to walk all the way back which is normally a short walk but in the head its HOT HOT HOT! We ended up stopping at the boardwalk bakery and getting our resort mugs, I got pink and mom got purple.
We still hadn't gotten a text and it was getting pretty close to four so we decided to check to see what the hold up was. So we went to the front desk we waited about 5 minutes and then got the text our room was ready and we got the room we requested from Touring Plans. We chilled in our room and then headed out to Magic Kindgdom because it has extra magic hours until 11pm. We got something to eat at Cosmic Rays, I really wanted to go to Skipper Canteen but we really didn't have the time because we wanted to watch the fireworks.
After we ate we rode the people mover and the tea cups then got a spot in from of the castle for the show. The show was ok, I like the projections and the music but I think Wishes was better. After that we hit a few rides like Pirates, Big Thunder Mountain and The Haunted Mansion. About 10:15 I was pretty beat and we decided to head back to the room.

Allie's picture

Wow those crowd levels were insanely low! Walk on for Frozen is incredible!

JMed's picture

Sounds like an amazing first day! I enjoyed following along on Facebook with you!

Day Two 9/14/17

Since we had done all the rides and stuff over at Epcot we decided to wake up that morning and take a boat ride to Hollywood Studios. We first had to drop our luggage off at Bell Service to be brought to Kadani Village later.
He headed out and got a boat and got in just as the park opened. Mom wanted to do TOT and I chickened out. My stomach wasn't handling it so well and it was even worse because of all the stress from Irma and not even sure if we would be making the trip so I waited in the gift shop. I found the Haunted Mansion Bride print that I wanted and I purchases that and had it sent to Kadani, you can still send items to there even if you don't know the room number yet, which is really cool.
After that we headed over to Toy Story Mania which was a five minute wait! We walked right on, the fastpass line was longer than the standby line. It was crazy. I ended up beating mom by a lot but it was her first time playing. After that she wanted to get something to eat and drink. So we walked over a bit and ten I looked at my phone and it was 10:30 at this point. We didn't really have much interest in anything else at the park so we decided to take the boat over to Epcot and enjoy some food and wine.
We started in Brazil I got a cheesy bread to share and we both got the pork belly. It was really good, but I wish mine was a little more fattier is seemed like it was all meat and not like an actual piece of pork belly. The cheesy bread is always good. We pretty much hit every stand that I wanted to try something at along the way. I am pretty limited with the Gluten Allergy.
Mom wanted to stop at the American Pavilion one and get the lobster roll, so I walked down to the Joffery's and got two of the strawberry sunsets. It was really good but I don't know if its really 10.25 each good! We had got our handy wristband gift cards the day before so that was nice to be able to carry both those full drinks back with free hands! Mom said the lobster roll was very good. I am very upset though that there is no chase lounge this year. sad sad
After that I think was Spain and the Charcutterie (sp?) in a cone. This was very very good a little salty as to be expected but yummy! We rode the boat ride in Mexico and got a magic shot of Remi inside there, and stopped at the Mexican booth and got one each of the steak taco and the shrimp taco. Both were very messy. The shrimp was awesome, but the steak was terrible! I had one bite and couldn't do it. I really wanted to check out more booths and do the Odyssy restaurant because they had things set up for Epcot's 35th inside, but mom wasn't really into it. I had gotten the text back by the Spain booth that our room was ready. So we decided to head out.
We got to Kadani and found our room it was about two rooms down from the one I had requested from Touring Plans which wasn't bad at all we were on the second floor and right next to the doors that led out to the bus. So we didn't have to walk very far to anywhere at the resort. We had a double bed and pull out couch and a seemingly perfect view from the room. There were a few trees down in the savanna and around the resort but not big didn't didn't bother us at all.
We were going to head to Animal Kingdom because we were so close but instead decided to go to Disney Springs for dinner and do our shopping because we could send stuff to the room. (and by room I mean resort gift shop) So we took the bus there. We walked down to the boathouse and they were really accommodating with my allergy the chef came out and spoke to me about it. I ordered the NY steak with roasted garlic and onions with the button mushrooms. Mom ordered the lobster roll and asked if it had lettuce on it and the waiter said no.
My steak was really good and cooked to the right temperature and the garlic was ok, I apparently still had to peal it? This seemed really odd to be that it would still have the skin on it. The pearl onions were under cooked and didn't taste good. The steak was also was over salted. Mom's lobster roll had lettuce and tomato on it both of which she hates so she had to pick them off. She got a ton of fries though and they looked really good, I can't have them due to my allergy. She said the lobster roll she had during food and wine was better though.
After that we shopped around we got to Disney Springs around 3:30 and there was no one there it was great. Even shopping wasn't that crowded. We stayed mostly on the east side. After we shopped I walked down to Erin McKenna's for some amazing GF desserts. I got two of their cookie sandwiches.
The sky was turning pretty black when we walked to the bus. The five mile walk back to the bus stop! Holy Moly I do not like the bus set up! Its such a far out of the way walk! We made it on a bus just before the sky opened up and got a good storm. We relaxed at the resort for a while and then went down to the pool. We sat in the hot tub but basically all you can smell is animal poop! I know its the price you pay to be near the animals but this seemed really bad!

Kristen K.'s picture

FutureMrsHurst wrote:
We went back to the boat at international gateway and now the boats aren't running!

This is continued from the closure due to Hurricane Irma. I'm hoping that they will return shortly, I'm not entirely sure what the damage to the fleet was, or if they are just decided to use the extra down time to do some fleet maintenance. I would love to hear details on this.

Kristen K. wrote:
FutureMrsHurst wrote:
We went back to the boat at international gateway and now the boats aren't running!

This is continued from the closure due to Hurricane Irma. I'm hoping that they will return shortly, I'm not entirely sure what the damage to the fleet was, or if they are just decided to use the extra down time to do some fleet maintenance. I would love to hear details on this.

It seemed to be up and running while we were there the second day so I would think it would be back up fully now.

Day Three 9/15/17

We decided since we were so close to Animal Kingdom we would try to head to there before the park opened so we would maybe make a run for Flight of Passage. Well we ended up getting to the park 30 minutes for the park even opened. I thought we would be held at rope drop by the tree of life, well that didn't happen and everyone had the same idea as us. By the time we walked over that way the line for FOP was up to 90 minutes. My mom didn't want to wait that long, I had very serious doubts it was really that high especially 15 minutes before the park even opened. I am assuming they just list it high to deter a mass amount of people. I wanted to wait but she didn't. So we did the Na'Vi River Journey instead. The ride was really beautiful and I loved the music, but its nothing I would wait a long period of time for. The line said 10 minutes and it was a walk on. My mom was pretty upset though because the boat in front of us they only put two people in the front row and we got squished with four people, and its not like either of us are small people so that really stunk that they decided to to that to us.
After we did this the line for FOP said 120 so we decided to head to Africa to do the Safari, we tried to take the back path to Africa but for some reason they weren't allowing people to take it. So we had to walk back out by Tiffins and go that way. We got right on the Safari and sat in the front row and saw a pretty good number of animals. After this we did the trek and then we walked over to Asia and did the trek over there. There was only 1 Tiger out. We asked about the babies and they CM there said that there are still blind and won't be out until January.
All our fastpasses were for later at the MK but nothing was a long wait. We walked onto Kali River Rapids and although we wanted to be soaked we didn't get soaked at all. BOO! Yes it was stinking hot!!!
After that we walked to Dinosaur and did the PrimeEvil Hurl and Dinosaur. I love Dinosaur for whatever reason and I was glad for it to be open after it was closed last year for renovations. We then decided to head out, we went to the Rainforest because mom had a gift card for there. We got seated right away and the chef came out to talk to me about my options. I got a gluten free pasta with some cheese and shrimp it was very good, but not really worth the 20+ for it.
We went back to the resort for a little bit and rested up before getting ready for the Halloween Party. I dressed as Sarah Sanderson and mom dressed and Winifred. We got a ton of compliments on our costumes all night. The weather kept saying thunderstorms but there was never any bad weather it was a great night. When we got to the park we got our magic shot with the Headless horseman and then headed back to our reservations at Be our Guest. The took the pork chop off of the menu and I was really disappointed. They replaced it with pork tenderloin which I am not a fan of really so I decided to get the steak and it wasn't good. I was not impressed with how much things are at the restaurant. I will probably not be making a reservation from here unless they decide to update their menu or lower the prices which won't happen.
After this we decided to meet Rapunzel, Tiana, Elana, and Cinderella at their meet and greats, it was still an hour before the party even started and the crowds were super low. If anyone followed me on facebook I did a few live videos. The park was virtually empty all night I loved it! We had a fastpass for the Mine Train so we did that hanging onto our wigs. We decided to to the rides over in Tomorrowland except for space mountain we decided it would be too difficult given our costumes. We saw Lotso meeting while we were on the people mover so headed right to meet him. We decided to head back up to main street and hit all the photo spots along the way. I wanted to do this special one, where they put skeletons in the background but we couldn't find where they were doing it.
I wanted to go watch the Cadaver Dan so we headed to frontierland. The dans were great we headed to The Haunted Mansion which is one of my halloween favorites, we also hit the photopasses near there such as the hearse, the lantern in front of HM and the tangled lantern. It was about 15 minutes for the fireworks started so we walked to the castle there was still plenty of space to watch the fireworks. Still my favorite fireworks show love them. We were going to walk back to see Jack Sparrow and do Pirates but my feet were really killing me and I needed to sit. So we decided to sit on the wooden boxes in frontierland. I decided to get myself a dole whip float and remember why Adam and I always shared one because its HUGE! But I managed to finish it by myself. The Cadaver Dans came out again and sang a few more songs right in front of us. Mom got a diet coke and a mickey pretzel and there was maybe ten people in our area watching the parade it was great! I got to film it and no one was in front of me! We followed the parade back to the castle and watched the Hocus Pocus show which seemed to have gotten even better I just love this show. After that it was mass exit! We got a bus rather quickly and headed back, but we didn't get back to the room until 1:30 am!

Day Four 9/16/17
We had plans to get up and do EMH at Animal Kingdom and try to get there even earlier to get on FOP but since we didn't get back to the Resort until 1:30 am. So we decided to sleep in a bit and go later. By the time we got to the park a little after 9 the FOP line was already really high. We did another Safari and a few other things. Then we walked back to Satu' Li Canteen for Lunch, OMG THIS IS THE BEST QUICK SERVICE ON PROPERTY HANDS DOWN!
Almost the entire menu is already GF so its really nice I didn't have to wait any extra time for it to be prepared. I got the grilled beef and the rice with the chimichuri sauce and I also got the blueberry mouse cheesecake thing, which isn't technically gluten free because it has a crust but I ate around that.
I wish the beef was a little more rare than was it was, but its so so flavorful and delicious that it didn't matter. The sauce was awesome and so was the rice! It was so good and you got a ton of food I couldn't even finish it all. Everything came on hard plates and there was real silverware too. The desert was really pretty and it was good, but not like crazy good where it would be something I would have to to have all the time.
Everything with my meal and dessert was a little over $22 which wasn't bad at all and like I said there was a ton! This is going to be a must do every time.
After we ate lunch we decided to head over to Magic Kingdom to try to do Space Mountain because we hadn't done it yet. But when we got there it was really crowded so we just ended up doing some shopping at the Emporium and Memento Mori instead. I got a new backpack there to replace the current one that I have had for nearly 20 years. The straps had finally had it and were starting to come apart.
The night before we had decided to make a reservation for California Grill. So after we did our shipping we got on the monorail and headed to the Contemporary. We got a good seat near the observation deck. As always the food was very good. We got the California Sushi, this was my first time ever having Sushi and it was pretty good, I am not a huge fish fan so it was a little on the fishy taste for me, it was really good with the wasabi though. We both got the Filet. Mom got hers with Polenta instead of the risotto. This risotto was a tomato risotto and I really preferred the red onion risotto from last year much better. This one had a lot of acid and almost had a sourish taste to it, if that makes sense. We got done there around 6:30 pm and ended up calling an Uber to get back to the resort. We were both pretty tired so we decided to call it a night and stay at the resort. When we got back it looks like they just had fed the animals and there was 6 zebras outside our balcony. That was pretty much the most animals we saw all week that was outside our balcony.
We watched them for a while and then headed to the pool to spend some time there. It was bit crowded but not too bad. Then we pretty much relaxed the rest of the night. I ended up eating my other cookie sandwich from Erin McKenna's it was still yummy!

Day Five 9/17/17 Last Day

This morning we had breakfast at the Bon Voyage breakfast at the boardwalk for 7:30am we got to the lobby over an hour before our breakfast started. Mom really wanted to use the Minnie Van service. So I started up the app. No Minnie Vans were around, it kept going looking for a driver and then stop and kick me back out again. After three attempts and 25 minutes later my mom went in to talk to the front desk. She called a few people who didn't know anything about it and told us there was no way for her to contact them. So I told my mom we would just get an Uber its cheaper anyways. The lady at the desk offered a mears and I said no Uber was cheaper. Meanwhile another family had come to the desk and they told her to keep trying, I don't know if she ever got one or not. We tried contacting the Minnie Can one more time, but still the same thing. I got an Uber and they were there within 8 minutes at that point it was 7:20! So it looked like we were going to be late. He got us there on time though and he was a super awesome guy really chatty for so early in the morning he was great.
The breakfast was ok. We were seated almost right away and there was no one in there but it filled up fast. We were seated towards the middle of the restaurant. The tables and chairs were really comfy and we had plenty of room where we were. The waitress got out order, I got orange juice and mom got a diet coke. She ordered the tower of pancakes and bacon. I ordered the allergy friendly mickey waffles and extra crispy bacon. Right after we ordered Flynn Ryder was the first to come out. We got our meals shortly after him coming out. By the time Rapunzel came out, we were halfway done with our breakfast. We were done and waiting and then Ariel finally come out and she ended up going pretty fast but we kept waiting and no Eric no Eric so we asked and then apparently his ship was late and he was going to be meeting people on the way out at Abracadabar. We were the first ones to see him. It was really cool meeting the hard to find Prince's but it took forever and my waffles had a really weird taste to them.
After that we headed to the Boardwalk bus stop to get a bus ride to Magic Kingdom. We got there about 10 minutes after 9 and headed right to Space Mountain so we could ride that. Then we saw Stitch doing meets right outside there. We decided to go see Minnie, Daisy, Donald and Goofy, and then to Gaston. After that we were a bit hungry so we decided to try to the Columbia Harbor house. Mom of course got the Lobster Roll. I got the kids GF chicken tenders and extra fries. The only thing about this is it takes a long time especially during noon lunch rush. After we left there we decided to head over to Animal Kingdom, we had our first fast pass at 2:45 for FOP!!
There was a HUGE line at the bus stop for AK and we thought it was really weird turns out the people at the beginning had been waiting over an hour for a bus! We finally saw someone and asked and about 5 minutes later a bus came for us. We waited about 20 minutes total. We had a bit of time before we had to use our fast pass so we met Minnie and Mickey, and Pocahontas. Who told me my spirit animal was a raccoon, which i think is pretty accurate.
We wandered over to Pandora and did a few photo spots. This land is so crazy unbelievable I just love it its so beautiful! We used out fast pass to get in and made out way though the waterfall in the que line is beautiful! The details are crazy. We pretty much got right on there ride there was very little people in the fast pass for it.
I don't want to give away the ride for those who haven't been on it yet, but its the best ride I have ever been on truly amazing I am not even a huge avatar movie fan, but I literally teared up like halfway though the right because it was so amazing.
After that ride we stopped at Pongu Pongu and mom got the Nigh Blossom drink, which was good but really sweet I would have to share it if I were to drink it. I got the strawberry margarita, it was delicious! We had dinner reservations at Tiffins for the ROL dining package so decided to check in early for that. This restaurant is really good. We both got the Filet and Brisket dish the brisket was so.... good. This package also came with an app and dessert per person. I got the apple and walnut salad which was super good, and mom got their Charcuterie (SP?) board, which she said was super good. For dessert I got some kind of mouse but it was way too sweet and was not my cup of tea, and she got the ginoche, which she said was really good.
We had a fast pass for the Safari right after dinner and went and did that. HOLY GIRAFFES! This was the most giraffes I have ever seen it was awesome, no elephants though. After that we went to Kali and rope the rapids again, and didn't get wet, then we saw King Lewey at his meet and greet. We walked around a bit and then decided to take our seat for Rivers of Light. I actually really enjoyed this show I thought it was very beautiful and the music was awesome. However it does not show well on cameras or filming. I tried to film as much as I could but it doesn't show well. Other than that I thought we had prime seating for it from the dinner package. When the show let out it was mass exodus yet again. We watched the tree of life show and I really wanted to see Pandora at night, but mom wanted to get back because we had an early morning the next day and she wanted to get right on a bus so we exited.

All in all it was a good trip five days goes by fast. It was fun with my mom, but I really missed my husband and his pace is much more matched to my own. I don't really like rushing and I need to take breaks and drink water or I get dizzy and sick, which happened a few times this trip because it was like trying to break and arm to get her to stop and take a break. Trying to plan a trip for next year and then we might take a little break to work on making the two of us the three of us and then we can share our Disney love with a new generation.
I am going to put some photos together to share from our trip too, and I will be working on editing video that will be posted on youtube.

If anyone is interested here is a few videos I have uploaded about our trip so far. Still working on editing the last couple of days. There is also some other disney videos on my channel if you want to check them out and give them a thumbs up or down lol.
https://

https://

I will post more when they are uploaded.

Kristen K.'s picture

FutureMrsHurst wrote:

mickey That's fine as long as you won't be profiting from them. Make sure you're falling within our forum rules.

http://www.wdwforgrownups.com/forum/forum-rules

Kristen K. wrote:
FutureMrsHurst wrote:

mickey That's fine as long as you won't be profiting from them. Make sure you're falling within our forum rules.

http://www.wdwforgrownups.com/forum/forum-rules

Nope definitely not profiting from them.

Here are a few more.
https://youtu.be/cJ0uDTOtpZ8

https://youtu.be/tMWG9xJxW3I

https://youtu.be/wDyK8SH1UXs