JanJ and KenJ's April 2015 Trip Report

Login to post comments
299 posts / 0 new
MrHub's picture

That meal from Tony's looks great Jan! We never had a bad meal at Tony's.

Spook's picture

Have a great last day! Hope the rain lets up and Ken continues to feel better mickey

The Colonel's picture

JanJ wrote:
The Colonel wrote:
Tony's must have changed it up. The last couple of times I went (years ago) it was plated food and it was awful. The characters were fantastic, but the food not so good.

There are no characters now and not sure if there was at some point. It's mostly pasta, but I had the best pork tenderloin with carrots and polenta last night. The salads are really good too.

They definitely had Chip and Dale and Tony for breakfast. Breakfast was OK. Dinner was pretty bad. I'm glad they improved.

See my Disney Photography at...
https://www.flickr.com/photos/rt_images/

DVC owner since 2002 BCV/BWV/BLT/VGC

MrHub's picture

Ken, hope your feeling better. Check this out!

Looks like I may have to go to Disneyland after all! biggrin

h0ney227's picture

Your trip report is getting me very ready for my stay there in November.

MrHub wrote:
Ken, hope your feeling better. Check this out!

Looks like I may have to go to Disneyland after all! biggrin

Very cool!!! That ice press machine is very impressive!

Thanks again for the well wishes everyone! I truly appreciate it. I'm feeling MUCH better today. Yesterday was a complete write off and I stayed in our room the entire day. I just wasn't up to doing anything and slept for most of it having eaten only crackers with water (exciting I know).

But I feel a lot better today and we hit MK this morning. It has rained quite a bit today with some sunny stretches in between the rain.

Here are some photos from MK including the new hub area...

This area has gates that they can close and it becomes the FP+ Wishes viewing area.

Well, I didn't get to see the new path completed, but I'm sure we will be walking on it in September. They were going to pour concrete again today, but got rained out. A full concrete truck showed up, but then left without unloading as they couldn't pour it. I guess they factor this kind of thing into the cost as I'm sure that wasn't cheap.

Allie's picture

Sigh, I love that new hub. Beautiful. muchlove

Well, here are the final shots from this trip. Cameras are being packed away now and we are homeward bound first thing in the morning. We've really enjoyed our stay at the Poly and are looking forward to coming back here again in September. Thank you all for your comments and interest in our trip. mickey

JMed's picture

awesome thank YOU for taking us along! Safe travels home!

"I do not like the cone of shame."

"I want adventure in the great wide somewhere. I want it more than I can tell."

"It seems to me that we have a lot of story yet to tell."

Jennifer Huotari | Create Your Badge

The Huotari's Disney Adventures | Promote Your Page Too

jw24's picture

Glad that you're feeling better. Getting the bug is no fun in Disney World. Believe me, I've experienced it myself as a kid and it was not pleasant! yuck

Love the pics of the new hub. Safe travels back!

"All my life I wonder how it feels to pass a day, not above them but part of them.

And out there living in the sun, give me one day out there, all I ask is one to hold forever. Out there where they all live unaware, what I'd give, what I'd dare, just to live one day out there."

MrHub's picture

Thanks for the trip! Safe travels homes!

Belinda's picture

Your report has me sooo pumped up for our trip - thanks for sharing! Glad you are feeling better Ken!

** BeLiNdA **

Mrferret's picture

Thanks for the TR and awesome pictures. awesome

Howdy Y'all
https://www.facebook.com/matthew.tucker1
Caution Content May be inappropriate

May/June 2016 Magic cruise to Norway
2017 Prtugal wedding adventures
2018 Alskan disney cruise ??
2019 Florida

Spook's picture

Safe travels! Thanks for sharing your trip with us! mickey

Kris1971's picture

Thanks for sharing your trip and all of those amazing photos with us! Safe travels!

93boomer's picture

awesome Glad you are feeling better!! Thank you for sharing your trip!!!!

JanJ's picture

Thanks everyone for traveling along with us. muchlove

We're just waiting at the gate for our ride home. We're both looking forward to seeing our fur babies and being home, but also looking forward to our upcoming September trip. mickey

alicemouse's picture

Thanks for the trip report and the pictures of the new hub!! It looks so beautiful. The green space was one of my favorite things about Disneyland and I hope that this trend continues at WDW. muchlove Safe travels home!

Be good at something. It makes you valuable. Have something to bring to the table because that will make you more welcome. --Randy Pausch

Find me on Facebook

Trip Reports:
December 2013: 10th Anniversary, 1st DVC Stay | April 2014: Birthday on the Boardwalk | May 2014: Star Wars Weekend, Navigating WDW with a wheelchair | August 2014: Villains Unleashed | September/October 2014: MNSSHP, F&W, Tower of Terror 10-miler | March/April 2015: Disneyland and California Coastal Cruise | November 2015: Wine & Dine Half, Food & Wine, 1st Disney Cruise | February 2016: Presidential Classic Gymnastics Meet | March 2016: "Work" Trip, Tours, F&G Festival | April 2016: Conference at Disneyland | Fall 2016: Festive Fall Fun | January 2017: Festival of the Arts | May 2017: AbD Backstage Magic | July 2017: AbD San Francisco | Sorry I had to give up doing trip reports. Too many time commitments right now.

jhugo's picture

Wonderful trip report!! I am missing Disney and this really helped. awesome

disneydoc's picture

I am now officially leaving trip reports to you experts. Just great as usual!

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker DIStickers.com Ticker

JoAnn C's picture

Glad you were feeling better Ken on your last day. Thanks for taking us along on your trip.

Looking forward to seeing the new hub in MK when I go in July.

Eeyore's picture

Wonderful trip report, as usual! awesome

Talk to me about your opinions between the Poly and Boardwalk...I want to stay at the Poly next, but my DH is stuck on EPCOT resorts and wants to do BC next. Would you go back to Boardwalk? What are the pros/cons Poly? We spend majority time in EPCOT...did you find getting there easy? (Easier than walking!?) haha

JanJ's picture

Thanks Eeyore.

Hmmm, that's a good question. We both loved the Poly for the proximity to the MK, the ability to get there easily and the theme of the resort. If you didn't know you were at WDW, it would be very easy to think you were on a tropical island in the south pacific based on the surroundings. Getting to Epcot was simple as well - we walked to the TTC and hoped the monorail. The walk from the Poly to the TTC is about 7-10 min, depending on what building you're in. We both also enjoyed walking through the International Gateway to Epcot while staying at the Boardwalk and the YC, and neither one of us would have any issues with staying there again. We definitely did not spend as much time in Epcot this trip as we have in the past, but we did end up spending more time actually staying at the resort and using the facilities - we spent 2 afternoons in the quiet pool, and we have never done that before. We are staying at the Poly in September, but I can very easily see us alternating between the Poly and the Epcot resorts in the future.

crazycatperson's picture

I just made it through 250-some pages of trip report that I missed due to either getting ready to go to Florida or being there. Awesome photos and report, as always. Sorry to hear you got sick, Ken. but glad it didn't last more than a couple of days.

1. The photo of the four of us together - was great meeting you also, had a very nice time. LOL, sometimes I forget how short I am (after all, I'm quite used to it) until I see a photo of myself standing with other people.

2. "Jan got her Dooney, so I had to get this..." I think you got the better end of the deal, myself!

3. "We just ordered the Ohana Twilight Feast. Basically, the entire Ohana menu brought to your room." Oh, golly, that alone would make it worth staying at the Poly.

4. "Just finished riding Test Track...I swear I was the only actual "single rider" that went thru the single rider line!" Oh, yeah, that always ticks me off, especially when they get to the ride platform and insist on riding together, and even more so if the CM lets them!

The Watchmaker's picture

Awesome and super photos..Love the new hub..( see photo from Disney site today ) What is everyone's opinions..?...I think it's a great transformation and look forward to seeing it next year..

PreviewAttachmentSize
image.jpg
image.jpg198.02 KB
disneydoc's picture

I love it! Nice areas to relax during the day - and great for the fireworks!

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker DIStickers.com Ticker