JanJ and KenJ's January 2014 Trip Report

Login to post comments
192 posts / 0 new

Allie wrote:

Glad to hear your guide was so understanding! When did you book for in September? We'll be there the same week in September that you two were there last year!

Well, we're currently booked for the 3rd week of Sept. but are thinking of switching to the same time as last year to get the labor day holiday off so one less vacation day to use up at work. biggrin

Jan is waiting for a reply email from her office to see if that week is available to take vacation. Should know tomorrow morning.

We LOVED the lack of crowds that week!

We should definitely meet up if we end up here at the same time. awesome

The Colonel's picture

I think there is a three day cooling off period for TS sales, so the guide had no choice but reverse the sale.

See my Disney Photography at...
https://www.flickr.com/photos/rt_images/

DVC owner since 2002 BCV/BWV/BLT/VGC

The Colonel wrote:
I think there is a three day cooling off period for TS sales, so the guide had no choice but reverse the sale.

That's right. It's apparently a Florida law for all real estate contracts. In fact, the cool off period is 10 days according to our documents. It used to be 15 at one point from what I've read online. I could have waited till we got home but wanted to take care of it while I was still here (partly for just peace of mind). Even though he had to reverse it, I was glad I didn't get a further pitch. awesome

JanJ's picture

OMG - I just had my first Disney cupcake!! It was the Dulce de Leche one from the Boardwalk Bakery and it was delicious! I had no idea the cupcakes were soooooo good. I was thinking that the icing would be stale and really sweet, but it was more like a whipped cream icing. We're off to DHS tomorrow for another ride on TSM, so I may have to drop by Starring Rolls to try another one. Crawl anyone? biggrin

It's a cool and misty night here at the Boardwalk.

Now, I call this MEEN. You know, the Magical Express Eviction Notice. Woke up to find it under our door this morning. It basically says we have one day to pack our bags and "GIT"!

Oh well, just have to enjoy this last day here as much as possible.

The Colonel's picture

KenJ wrote:
It's a cool and misty night here at the Boardwalk.

It warms my heart to see the lighthouse lit up.

See my Disney Photography at...
https://www.flickr.com/photos/rt_images/

DVC owner since 2002 BCV/BWV/BLT/VGC

The Colonel wrote:

It warms my heart to see the lighthouse lit up.

Indeed! It looked really nice last night especially with the mist. And quite appropriate too. awesome

Here's a close up for you Colonel.

JoAnn C's picture

KenJ wrote:
Now, I call this MEEN. You know, the Magical Express Eviction Notice. Woke up to find it under our door this morning. It basically says we have one day to pack our bags and "GIT"!

Oh well, just have to enjoy this last day here as much as possible.

LOL. It really does slap you back to reality. I've seen on other Disney forums, the bus back to the airport being called the "Tragical Express".

Have a great last day.

JanJ's picture

Change of plans today - off to MK for the last day. It's still raining, but warmer today. First up is breakfast at Kona!

PreviewAttachmentSize
image.jpg
image.jpg2.39 MB
Allie's picture

KenJ wrote:
Allie wrote:

Glad to hear your guide was so understanding! When did you book for in September? We'll be there the same week in September that you two were there last year!

Well, we're currently booked for the 3rd week of Sept. but are thinking of switching to the same time as last year to get the labor day holiday off so one less vacation day to use up at work. biggrin

Jan is waiting for a reply email from her office to see if that week is available to take vacation. Should know tomorrow morning.

We LOVED the lack of crowds that week!

We should definitely meet up if we end up here at the same time. awesome

Yay! Definitely!

Congrats on getting the maintenance team moving on the lighthouse, Colonel!

Looks like we'll see you in September Allie!

We're now booked August 30 to September 7. mickey

King Fergus

eek After looking at your photos, I now know why the Floridian is called Grand...If I was spotted walking around in here,the dream police would be ushering me out...LOL...Reminds me of staying one night at a 7 star hotel in Dubai ( present from a very rich relative ) Sitting in the Sheiks palace sipping a glass of free bubbly,my DW whispers in my ear.." Everyone here looks like millionaires " ...I whispered back.." I know,let's try and blend in." LOL.. laugh

JoAnn C wrote:

LOL. It really does slap you back to reality. I've seen on other Disney forums, the bus back to the airport being called the "Tragical Express".

Hahaha! "Tragical Express" laugh

Yes, that describes it well.

King Fergus wrote:
eek After looking at your photos, I now know why the Floridian is called Grand...If I was spotted walking around in here,the dream police would be ushering me out...LOL...Reminds me of staying one night at a 7 star hotel in Dubai ( present from a very rich relative ) Sitting in the Sheiks palace sipping a glass of free bubbly,my DW whispers in my ear.." Everyone here looks like millionaires " ...I whispered back.." I know,let's try and blend in." LOL.. laugh

Yes, the GF certainly can be a stuffy place with lots of noses taped to foreheads. You know the type...

I remember once being on an elevator there with my brother, his wife and my 2 nieces. There was also a couple on the elevator that were clearly "elite" and you could tell from their body language they were NOT happy to have "peasants" sharing the elevator with them. laugh

The class system is indeed alive and well even in this present day.

KenJ wrote:
King Fergus wrote:

Yes, the GF certainly can be a stuffy place with lots of noses taped to foreheads. You know the type...

I remember once being on an elevator there with my brother, his wife and my 2 nieces. There was also a couple on the elevator that were clearly "elite" and you could tell from their body language they were NOT happy to have "peasants" sharing the elevator with them. laugh

The class system is indeed alive and well even in this present day.

I always say that those individuals who have their noses so far up in the air that should they get caught in a downpour would drown. laugh

Well, not a lot of pics from today either. It's been cool and rainy all day. Just had my iPhone with me as I don't like toting my main camera around in rain.

We were up at MK and here is the scene just outside of HM.

And here's that wonderful crane that is at least folded up for the day.

I discovered these tasty treats during this trip. They've quickly become one of my favourite things to eat here at WDW.

Besides, an apple a day is good for you right? mickey

And, it's always a good idea to keep an eye on your apple so...

PirateGirl wrote:

I always say that those individuals who have their noses so far up in the air that should they get caught in a downpour would drown. laugh

Hahaha! And I believe they would if it weren't for their golf umbrellas. laugh

JoAnn C's picture

KenJ wrote:
PirateGirl wrote:

rolling

JanJ's picture

Just finished packing up for our early departure in the morning and am now taking a break. Oreo cupcake anyone? Can't believe I just discovered how good these are!

PreviewAttachmentSize
image.jpg
image.jpg1.36 MB
JoAnn C's picture

I've only tried a couple of cupcakes while at WDW. Every year I say I'm going to try more and every year I'm too full from meals on the dining plan that I never do. When I go next month, I won't have the dining plan so I'm going to skip dessert at the restaurant and try more cupcakes.

Allie's picture

KenJ wrote:
Looks like we'll see you in September Allie!

We're now booked August 30 to September 7. mickey

awesome awesome awesome

Spook's picture

Safe travels tomorrow!

KenJ wrote:
PirateGirl wrote:

laugh awesome

JanJ's picture

Spook wrote:
Safe travels tomorrow!

Thanks Spook. Of course we're coming home to 10-15cm of snow. yuck Can't wait. gaah

Oh well, hope spring is here very soon!

Spook wrote:
Safe travels tomorrow!

Hey, thanks Spook! Not looking forward to going back to winter again. mad

One last look at the view across the lake as we close the curtains in our room and on our vacation. See you again in September WDW. mickey

finngirl's picture

I'm sorry this TR is coming to an end. Your photos are great.

Have a safe drive home from Pearson - you know what you are flying into. yuck

Diana

Time marches on. Eventually you realize it's doing it across your face.

alicemouse's picture

Thanks for taking us along, Jan & Ken! It really helps to fill the between-trips void mickey

Be good at something. It makes you valuable. Have something to bring to the table because that will make you more welcome. --Randy Pausch

Find me on Facebook

Trip Reports:
December 2013: 10th Anniversary, 1st DVC Stay | April 2014: Birthday on the Boardwalk | May 2014: Star Wars Weekend, Navigating WDW with a wheelchair | August 2014: Villains Unleashed | September/October 2014: MNSSHP, F&W, Tower of Terror 10-miler | March/April 2015: Disneyland and California Coastal Cruise | November 2015: Wine & Dine Half, Food & Wine, 1st Disney Cruise | February 2016: Presidential Classic Gymnastics Meet | March 2016: "Work" Trip, Tours, F&G Festival | April 2016: Conference at Disneyland | Fall 2016: Festive Fall Fun | January 2017: Festival of the Arts | May 2017: AbD Backstage Magic | July 2017: AbD San Francisco | Sorry I had to give up doing trip reports. Too many time commitments right now.