Changes Coming to the Disney Dining Plan in 2017

If you're making plans to visit the Walt Disney World Resort in 2017 and you're adding the Disney Dining Plan to your Magic Your Way Package, listen up! Changes are coming to the Quick Service and Standard Dining Plans next year.

Changes coming to Disney Dining PlanChanges coming to Disney Dining Plan

In 2017 guests using the Quick Service Dining Plan will receive the following per night of their stay: two quick service meals (includes one entree and one non-alcoholic beverage), two snacks, and one refillable resort mug.

Notice what's missing? That's right: you'll no longer get a dessert with your Quick Service meal. But, you have two snack credits per night of your stay.

The 2017 Standard Dining Plan includes: one table service meal (one entree, one non-alcoholic beverage, and dessert OR a full buffet), one quick service meal (entree and beverage), two snacks, and on refillable resort mug.

The table service meals still include dessert, but once again there is no dessert included with quick service meals. But you're still get two snack credits per day.

Guests who purchase the Deluxe Dining Plan in 2017 will receive: three meals (quick service or table service), two snacks, and one refillable resort mug.

As previously mentioned these entitlements are per night of your stay (but can be used in any way you choose).

What do you think about the changes to the Disney Dining Plan for 2017? How do you feel about no more desserts with quick service meals? Let us know in the comments.

Source

Jon Stallings wrote on Tue, 06/21/2016 - 16:21:

Jon Stallings's picture

I have to admit I have never gone hungry with a quick service meal and when you are out in the heat of the day a desert could be a bit much.

Kristen K. wrote on Tue, 06/21/2016 - 22:40:

I hear you Jon - I've taken more than my share of little dessert cakes back to the room for breakfast the next morning though. Carrot cake usually, 'cause it's healthy. LOL!

Traci C wrote on Wed, 06/22/2016 - 18:47:

I'm gonna admit that I'm not at all upset that the QS meals won't feature those "cups of cake"...but I will miss the churros from La Cantina de San Angel in Mexico. ;) I'll just have to buy them now!

Peggy wrote on Thu, 06/23/2016 - 00:42:

Peggy's picture

I am fine with no dessert, but with the quick service they are taking away 2 desserts and replacing with only 1 snack.

Anthony K wrote on Thu, 06/23/2016 - 03:13:

Anthony K's picture

This actually makes more sense to me. I never really cared for those cups of cake when you can use a snack credit for something like a Dole Whip or another Dole Whip.

Kristen K. wrote on Sun, 06/26/2016 - 15:40:

Peggy - I agree. That was actually the first thing in my mind when I saw it.

Butch W wrote on Tue, 06/28/2016 - 21:42:

Butch W's picture

The issue will come as they restrict what they let you use your snack credits for! Will miss the deserts at seasons!