2004-2014..Ten Years Of Magical Memories..

Login to post comments
12 posts / 0 new
The Watchmaker's picture
2004-2014..Ten Years Of Magical Memories..

As I put my latest photos into my Disney album last night, I started reminiscing..What a magical journey it has been from our first WDW vacation in 2004 until this year..Our 6 visits all have different memories and it's hard, in fact it's impossible to pick one out that is our all time favourite, Tho this year staying at our first deluxe resort is really gonna be hard to beat..This is why Iam hoping that in 2016 we get an offer of staying yet again at a deluxe resort...Question to all you die hard Disney fans..For those who have stayed at a deluxe then went back to stay at a moderate or a value on your next trip. Did you wish you had returned to a deluxe.?...This is a discussion Iam having with my good lady as we plan for 2016...Although most of our time was spent in the parks,returning to the Wilderness Lodge in the afternoon,or at night, was breathtaking..Your thoughts are much appreciated...

designedbydisney's picture

Well I would go back to a value from a moderate if we had small children..... But for us as adults no way and I have a feeling after wilderness lodge in March it's going to be delux or bust... My thoughts on your return though as you are a foodie, love disney, are well traveled and have a teenage son why not take advantage of going to tokyo disneyland. It's regarded as the best in the world with breathtaking hotels and resturants and two parks.... Disney sea looks out of this world? Your money will go a long long way in Japan. Plus there really isn't going to be anything new in WDW until, 2017 when most construction ends

alicemouse's picture

Now that we've bought into DVC, this mostly a non-issue, but for us, the resort is just where we sleep. That's part of what it took us so long to buy DVC. I wasn't sure that it would actually save us money (turns out it really has so far). Don't get me wrong, I love living the deluxe lifestyle, but it if means I can go to Disney and stay on property, I'll sleep in a box in the Downtown Disney parking lot. We like to visit other resorts that we're not staying at, so we can always get the deluxe experience and still pay the value or moderate rate. I stayed at a value after staying at a moderate and it was totally fine. It's nice to have the extra room to spread out a bit at the moderates and deluxe, but even the worst room at Disney is better than any room that I can afford on a cruise ship. My priority is enjoying the rides and entertainment, so sleeping is not so important to me. Also I prefer to rent a car, so that's a game changer because transportation options are much less important to me than it used to be when we used the buses.

Be good at something. It makes you valuable. Have something to bring to the table because that will make you more welcome. --Randy Pausch

Find me on Facebook

Trip Reports:
December 2013: 10th Anniversary, 1st DVC Stay | April 2014: Birthday on the Boardwalk | May 2014: Star Wars Weekend, Navigating WDW with a wheelchair | August 2014: Villains Unleashed | September/October 2014: MNSSHP, F&W, Tower of Terror 10-miler | March/April 2015: Disneyland and California Coastal Cruise | November 2015: Wine & Dine Half, Food & Wine, 1st Disney Cruise | February 2016: Presidential Classic Gymnastics Meet | March 2016: "Work" Trip, Tours, F&G Festival | April 2016: Conference at Disneyland | Fall 2016: Festive Fall Fun | January 2017: Festival of the Arts | May 2017: AbD Backstage Magic | July 2017: AbD San Francisco | Sorry I had to give up doing trip reports. Too many time commitments right now.

The Watchmaker's picture

designedbydisney wrote:
Well I would go back to a value from a moderate if we had small children..... But for us as adults no way and I have a feeling after wilderness lodge in March it's going to be delux or bust... My thoughts on your return though as you are a foodie, love disney, are well traveled and have a teenage son why not take advantage of going to tokyo disneyland. It's regarded as the best in the world with breathtaking hotels and resturants and two parks.... Disney sea looks out of this world? Your money will go a long long way in Japan. Plus there really isn't going to be anything new in WDW until, 2017 when most construction ends

Japan is way too far as my wings would be too tired...I've never even considered Paris after visiting Orlando..What about all these japanese tour groups.. laugh ...

MrHub's picture

Stayed in Value once, never again. Stayed in Moderate several times, Caribbean Beach. It was very nice for what it was. Stayed in Deluxe and never went back! (Except for 1 night when we couldn't get home due to an ice storm.) If we cant stay Deluxe, we don't go, the resort is part of our vacation and we enjoy the resorts as much as the parks. I'm not saying there is anything wrong with the Moderates or Values, but I like to be spoiled and I'll wait to go if I have to. I don't want to "settle" for something else.

The Colonel's picture

I stayed at the Beach Club Villas as someone's guest in 2000. I bought DVC points as soon as I got home. I've only stayed at Beach Club, Boardwalk, Grand Floridian, Saratoga Springs and The Grand Californian. I've stayed in 2BRs 1 BRs and studios. I don't know much about them, but I have no interest in staying at moderates or values.

See my Disney Photography at...
https://www.flickr.com/photos/rt_images/

DVC owner since 2002 BCV/BWV/BLT/VGC

The Watchmaker's picture

Interesting views..Fingers x for our next venture... clapping

We've stayed at all 3 at various times. Once we stayed at a Moderate, we wouldn't go back to a Value. But I have no problem going back and forth between a Deluxe and a Moderate. We usually do a Deluxe stay for every 2-3 Moderate stays.

Mrferret's picture

Never stayed at a Dulux wink but have stayed in mod (CS) and value (POP,ASM,ASMOVIES).I wouldn't like to go back to a value but given the choice between going and not going i would take a value over no stay.
With the ever increasing cost we have had to scale back our trips to once every two years mad .

The only place i wouldn't stay is offsite again.The convenience factor far outweighs any extra cost.Although having just said that i would be interested in costing up a split stay between WDW and one of the UNI hotels to get the perks offered there ... Cue more investimagation ...

Howdy Y'all
https://www.facebook.com/matthew.tucker1
Caution Content May be inappropriate

May/June 2016 Magic cruise to Norway
2017 Prtugal wedding adventures
2018 Alskan disney cruise ??
2019 Florida

RobynPrincess's picture

We knew we could go back after a deluxe (ok, not exactly as we haven't ever stayed anything but deluxe) so that's why we bought into DVC. If I couldn't afford Disney Deluxe I'd look into renting DVC points as this works out a lot cheaper than Disney direct prices.

Our Very Merry 24 nighter Nov/Dec 15
Watson's go West May 15
The one with all the birthdays Oct 14 4 Big Birthdays and a Vow Renewal thrown in
The OMG trip June 14 30th Birthday present from the hubs
Girly trip March 14 A last min cheapy week
September 13 our first all DVC stay
TR May 2013 the last min bargain trip offsite
Oct 2012 TR with a cruise!big family trip featuring the beach club, AKL, the dream and a villa offsite
TR on a budget May - June 2011offsite condo
TR Sept - Oct 2010 big family trip in an offsite villa

RobynPrincess's picture

JeffC wrote:
We've stayed at all 3 at various times. Once we stayed at a Moderate, we wouldn't go back to a Value. But I have no problem going back and forth between a Deluxe and a Moderate. We usually do a Deluxe stay for every 2-3 Moderate stays.

you mean you haven't bought that DVC yet?? Wink

Our Very Merry 24 nighter Nov/Dec 15
Watson's go West May 15
The one with all the birthdays Oct 14 4 Big Birthdays and a Vow Renewal thrown in
The OMG trip June 14 30th Birthday present from the hubs
Girly trip March 14 A last min cheapy week
September 13 our first all DVC stay
TR May 2013 the last min bargain trip offsite
Oct 2012 TR with a cruise!big family trip featuring the beach club, AKL, the dream and a villa offsite
TR on a budget May - June 2011offsite condo
TR Sept - Oct 2010 big family trip in an offsite villa

crazycatperson's picture

I love DVC resorts, no question about it. But we stayed at Pop Century after we'd stayed at Old Key West (and hubby had also stayed at Saratoga Springs), and if that was the only way I could get back to WDW I would stay there again without hesitation.