261 more days and about to lose it!!! LOL

Login to post comments
55 posts / 0 new
Mase's picture
261 more days and about to lose it!!! LOL

So yeah... Jess and I are at the 261 mark, and I'm at least going nuts. Jess pin pointed to why were jonezing so bad this year and it has to do with our pastor and my friend went in January with his family, and then my friend in the band I'm in and his family went in February..... My parents leave for their trip next month... so I'm thinking thats why were... or at least I am jonezing so badly. Were not even close to the halfway mark! Our daughter every day keeps asking when were going to Disney... lol

So yeah... letting out my frustration on here so I apologize... lol

- 2013 Trip Report!
- My Int3ractiv3 Trip R3port '12 - CLICK HERE!
[url='http://www.wdwforgrownups.com/forum/pick-mases-dinner-disney']- My Interactive Trip Report '11[/url]

Melissa W's picture

Haha, let out that frustration!

We are at 55 days for us but I have friends going this weekend and then friends going in April....it just makes me want to go NOW!

Brad's picture

261 is pretty harsh! How many days will it be total between that trip and the prior one?

Yeah, it's kinda brutal, my friend. I swear alot to help me get to the next day.

I'd say "Look at the bright side, at least it's not 262 days any more!", but I know if anyone said that to me I'd punch 'em in the throat. While swearing.

So, I'll just leave it at Sorry man. yuck

Mase's picture

Brad wrote:
261 is pretty harsh! How many days will it be total between that trip and the prior one?

We only go for one week out of the 52 weeks a year. Since my Dad payed the majority of our DVC point, and because... well... they can afford to go to Disney more than once a year... they go twice. So the way we go is a bit complicated but not really. For example... this year we are going the week AFTER Thanksgiving... going to buy an annual pass, so that next year... we go the week BEFORE Thanksgiving, so we get two full weeks out of it, and my parents end up with 3 uses I believe. Well... last November we went the week before Thanksgiving... so this is the period where we have the longest wait between trips... to make matters worse... its leap year... I know its just one day... but I know the day before we go... I'm going to be cursing like a sailor because if it wasn't for the stupid leap year... we would be at Disney... lol

So our last time back at Disney was November 19th I believe?

- 2013 Trip Report!
[url='http://www.wdwforgrownups.com/forum/pick-mases-dinner-disney']- My Interactive Trip Report '11[/url]

Mase's picture

JeffC wrote:
Yeah, it's kinda brutal, my friend. I swear alot to help me get to the next day.

I'd say "Look at the bright side, at least it's not 262 days any more!", but I know if anyone said that to me I'd punch 'em in the throat. While swearing.

So, I'll just leave it at Sorry man. yuck

LOL!!!

Yeah... id probably do that too... lol

The upside to it is.... since they are going before my birthday, my Mom is asking me what kind of pins I want... so I'm supposed to give her a list that I want. So I'm excited about that! LOL... So I have something to look forward to till the bigger mark.

Im trying to get looking forward to smaller things like next week is the start of March Madness and I have tickets for the 2nd and 3rd round here in Columbus. So I am so desperately looking forward to that. Then I have some other things I'm looking forward to... but I just can't get Disney out of my stink in head! mickey

- 2013 Trip Report!

Brad's picture

Your pain actually makes me feel better though. It makes me happy to know there's still more than 261 days in 2012. It feels like the year is flying by.

Mase's picture

Yeah... that is a great point. This year is flying by fast. Glad someone other than my wife and I think that as well. We were just talking about that last night because I brought up that I had my tickets for March Madness now for almost a year, and couldn't believe that next week is the big weekend. So I guess I can make it to March Madness... Disney should be a piece off cupcake right?

- 2013 Trip Report!

MrHub's picture

Oh did you say CUPCAKE! Delicious Disney Cupcake!

PreviewAttachmentSize
041.jpg
041.jpg144.24 KB
Lizzy_B's picture

Bless your hearts, guys. I don't even know what to say. I wish there were something to make it a little easier. I think you're onto something with the March Madness thing, though. Maybe plan something special for at least once a quarter, so that you have a few little things to get you through? A special event, or a meal, or an inexpensive getaway, like a state park visit or camping trip. You might even find a new passion!

Good luck. mickey

Kris1971's picture

I feel your pain, Mase. I've still got 220 days to go too. Its taking forever!

JoAnn C's picture

I understand your pain, my friend. I have a couple of non-Disney trips in between now and November so that helps ease some of my pain.

Bella's picture

It has been FOUR years since I have been to Disney so I totally understand your pain! I cannot flipping WAIT for our trip in a few months. Luckily we leave two days after school ends so I have plenty to occupy my brain until then. I know its a little more than two months away but it feels like forever in my mind.

mickey Bella

I was calmly waiting for our Disney Vacation waiting , but yesterday they opened the new Royal Rooms at POR and they are beautiful. So I want to be there right now! But we only have 61 days. yay So I can make it.

Mase's picture

Lizzy_B wrote:
Bless your hearts, guys. I don't even know what to say. I wish there were something to make it a little easier. I think you're onto something with the March Madness thing, though. Maybe plan something special for at least once a quarter, so that you have a few little things to get you through? A special event, or a meal, or an inexpensive getaway, like a state park visit or camping trip. You might even find a new passion!

Good luck. mickey

LOL... its ok. Like I said. It might not had been as bad if we didnt have friends that had gone and went, and such. It use to be just my parents that we knew... so I have Basketball this month to help me out. Watching the Big Ten Tournament right now... Ohio State and Michigan. So it helps... lol

We are planning on trying to go camping and such this summer.

Kris1971 wrote:
I feel your pain, Mase. I've still got 220 days to go too. Its taking forever!

We shall make it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yay yay yay yay yay yay

Bella wrote:
It has been FOUR years since I have been to Disney so I totally understand your pain! I cannot flipping WAIT for our trip in a few months. Luckily we leave two days after school ends so I have plenty to occupy my brain until then. I know its a little more than two months away but it feels like forever in my mind.

I would be in the nut house by now if that was me. Id be in the white padded rooms thinking I was at Disney and Walt was right beside and we were sippin O.J.

- 2013 Trip Report!

Oh Mase. . .

Just days ago you raised my spirits out my 14 days to go funk and I hope I can do the same . . .

You will get there and you Will be yeah yeah yeah

Besides, you could be enduring Bella's cursed fate laugh (Seriously . . four years? I have no words. So glad you are getting back there soon)

Remember . . .Be yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah . . . Not waiting or wheelchair

Wink

If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.
J. R. R. Tolkien

Mase's picture

Ollie wrote:
Oh Mase. . .

Just days ago you raised my spirits out my 14 days to go funk and I hope I can do the same . . .

You will get there and you Will be yeah yeah yeah

Besides, you could be enduring Bella's cursed fate laugh (Seriously . . four years? I have no words. So glad you are getting back there soon)

Remember . . .Be yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah . . . Not waiting or wheelchair

Wink

LOL

Was wondering when this thread was gonna bite me! biggrin

No worries. The one thing that is helping is Jess and I are planning our 10th Anniversary and it will be at Disney on the Board Walk. So now this trip is like small cakes compared to this one which isnt until January of 2014! lol! But after some of the talks on this thread... im good now. Guess thats what happens when im at work and im bored and have nothing to think about and my digital picture frame has pics of our 2011 trip! lol

- 2013 Trip Report!

Lizzy_B's picture

Yay for good Disney friends!

Bella's picture

Ollie wrote:

True holla. Luckily having a baby and buying a new house kind of occupied my thoughts for awhile.

mickey Bella

I love this place!

If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.
J. R. R. Tolkien

Jess's picture

I'm jonesing to especially since we are now planning our anniversary trip as well. One thing I told him last night was...If you think about it...We joined this forum this time last year...and I remember thinking...oh my gosh...our countdowns say like 250 days till we go...that will be forever...but last year flew by and before we knew it Disney was here...And i can't believe it's March already so I'm sure this year will fly by just as quickly Smile

Mase's picture

Jess wrote:
I'm jonesing to especially since we are now planning our anniversary trip as well. One thing I told him last night was...If you think about it...We joined this forum this time last year...and I remember thinking...oh my gosh...our countdowns say like 250 days till we go...that will be forever...but last year flew by and before we knew it Disney was here...And i can't believe it's March already so I'm sure this year will fly by just as quickly Smile

So if it doesnt... I can blame you right? biggrin

- 2013 Trip Report!

Keep the faith, Baby . . .

yeah yeah yeah yeah

J. R. R. Tolkien

What about a trip to CEDAR POINT to help? We used to go there every summer. I still have nightmares over THE MAGNUM!!! They have THE BEST rides ever! My fave was THE IRON DRAGON.

Mase's picture

You know.... actually....... when I renewed our Blue Jackets season tickets, I got 2 free tickets to Cedar Point. The only problem is I dont know who else would ride the rides with me. Jess wont ride them. My son is scared of them... so id have to find someone to go with me... lol

- 2013 Trip Report!

emmaanne's picture

at least you KNOW when you're next tripS are!!! lol.. just kidding, i totally feel your pain!!!

November 14-18, 2019 | All Star Movies

March 2-10, 2012 | Pop | Trip Report - http://www.wdwforgrownups.com/forum/ems-long-awaited-trip-report

Tony's picture

Mase wrote:
You know.... actually....... when I renewed our Blue Jackets season tickets, I got 2 free tickets to Cedar Point. The only problem is I dont know who else would ride the rides with me. Jess wont ride them. My son is scared of them... so id have to find someone to go with me... lol

If only I was close enough biggrin

I can only please one person per day. Today isn't your day... tomorrow doesn't look good either.

Jessi5989's picture

Tony wrote:
Mase wrote:

If only I was close enough biggrin

Me too! I've been dying to take a trip to Cedar Point!! ...too bad I live in NC...

emmaanne's picture

Mase wrote:

we are going to Cedar Point when we come to my parents in October... so yall will have to meet us there!!!!

March 2-10, 2012 | Pop | Trip Report - http://www.wdwforgrownups.com/forum/ems-long-awaited-trip-report

Jess's picture

emmaanne wrote:
Mase wrote:

we are going to Cedar Point when we come to my parents in October... so yall will have to meet us there!!!!

Well I think you just convinced us when to use our tickets Smile

emmaanne's picture

Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile I'll keep yall posted on when exactly we are coming, but I am pretty sure its the first weekend in October.