Bachelorette/Bachelor Parties in Disney

Login to post comments
14 posts / 0 new
Annie's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/20/2008
Posts: 1610
Bachelorette/Bachelor Parties in Disney

A friend of mine is considering doing her Disney fairy tale wedding, and she'd like to do the bachelor/bachelorette parties in WDW a couple of nights before the wedding. I told her I'd open it up to you guys for advice and suggestions of places they can go to celebrate ("suitable for families" of course!)

Suggestions?

dsoup's picture
Offline
Joined: 07/11/2008
Posts: 2884

I'm a bit stumped on that one. I figured everyone goes to Downtown Disney for stuff like that, but what would you even do there?

Bella's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/11/2010
Posts: 3886

Hmm..what do you mean by suitable for families? Would kids be there?
If it were me..I would have a really nice dinner somewhere fancy like the Yachtsman or Jiko or something..and then I would plan it on a night that MK is open late for EMH. That park is just so much fun after hours! DH and I have literally closed down the park at 3 a.m. and we are basically the only people there.
Of course, if they are getting married the next day that might not be ideal.

__________________

mickey Bella


Brad's picture
Offline
Joined: 08/05/2008
Posts: 4357

Bella wrote:
Hmm..what do you mean by suitable for families? Would kids be there?
If it were me..I would have a really nice dinner somewhere fancy like the Yachtsman or Jiko or something..and then I would plan it on a night that MK is open late for EMH. That park is just so much fun after hours! DH and I have literally closed down the park at 3 a.m. and we are basically the only people there.
Of course, if they are getting married the next day that might not be ideal.

Only problem with the MK is the lack of booze. Maybe you go hang out in World Showcase and do a wine walk or something?

SpaceAce's picture
Offline
Joined: 07/06/2008
Posts: 2532

Well, I'll always vote for a bachelor party at Jellyrolls!

__________________

[url=http://www.wdwforgrownups.com/forum/'http://www.mickeypath.com/']

[/url]

2010 Beach Club Resort
2005 Port Orleans Riverside
2006 Animal Kingdom Lodge
2007 Wilderness Lodge
2008 Animal Kingdom Lodge
2009 CBR/Polynesian

Bella's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/11/2010
Posts: 3886

Brad wrote:
Bella wrote:
Hmm..what do you mean by suitable for families? Would kids be there?
If it were me..I would have a really nice dinner somewhere fancy like the Yachtsman or Jiko or something..and then I would plan it on a night that MK is open late for EMH. That park is just so much fun after hours! DH and I have literally closed down the park at 3 a.m. and we are basically the only people there.
Of course, if they are getting married the next day that might not be ideal.

Only problem with the MK is the lack of booze. Maybe you go hang out in World Showcase and do a wine walk or something?

That's true..I wasn't sure how crazy Annie's friend wants to get since she said "suitable for families". laugh
If it were my Bachlorette party I'd take your idea for sure!

__________________

mickey Bella


cdub's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/20/2008
Posts: 3220

SpaceAce wrote:
Well, I'll always vote for a bachelor party at Jellyrolls!

This is a good idea. Very interactive and it can get rowdy.

LifeIsForLiving's picture
Offline
Joined: 07/06/2009
Posts: 1596

I shot machine guns for my bachelor party, so I don't think I'll be able to help on this one biggrin

caitiesus's picture
Offline
Joined: 03/11/2009
Posts: 682

Even with the suitable for families aspect (though what does that mean, no strippers? I would assume that isn't an option anywhere in Disney).

For the women - have a nice dinner at her favorite restaurant in Epcot, have some drinks, watch Illuminations then head over to the Boardwalk. At the boardwalk, get dessert at Beaches and Cream and head to Jellyrolls.

OF course, those were just the ideas I settled on! If they don't like that, I have more!

Men- Go to Downtown Disney and eat at the House of Blues (best atmosphere for that kind of thing, but could go anywhere). Enjoy the food and a couple drinks, then...Disney Quest! Unlimited video games? Sounds like a pretty awesome bachelor party to me! Afterwards, I am sure they could head back to the House of Blues or somewhere else in DD and go to the bar.

milliehubbard's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/25/2009
Posts: 489

How about a Spa Day at GF or SSR, followed by a fantastic dinner...maybe the Contemporary.

__________________

Resorts

2017 AKL-Jambo House (May)
2017 Old Key West (Apr)
2016 Port Orleans Riverside (Oct)-Hurricane Matthew!!
2016 Old Key West (Aug)
2016 CBR (Jul)
2016 Art of Animation (May)
2015 Ft. Wilderness Campground (Oct)
2014 Sherwood Forest RV Park (Nov)
2013 Pop Century (Jul)
2012 Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress (Jul)
2011 Radisson Lake Buena Vista (Aug)
2010 Pop Century (Nov)
2009 PO Riverside (Jul)
2008 Pop Century (Apr)
2006-2007 FL residents: Hunters Creek 8 miles from the parks!!
2005 All Star Sports (Jul)
2005 PO Riverside/CBR/CSR (Apr)
mickey

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker Free Disney Tickers

dsoup's picture
Offline
Joined: 07/11/2008
Posts: 2884

milliehubbard wrote:
How about a Spa Day at GF or SSR, followed by a fantastic dinner...maybe the Contemporary.

Good idea. You could go to Citricos and then you wouldn't even have to leave the GF. Although it's fun to ride the Monorail (at least when it's not packed)

dsoup's picture
Offline
Joined: 07/11/2008
Posts: 2884

caitiesus wrote:
Even with the suitable for families aspect (though what does that mean, no strippers? I would assume that isn't an option anywhere in Disney).

Ha! Yeah it's hard to find non-family entertainment in WDW.

admin's picture
Offline
Joined: 08/14/2010
Posts: 2732

milliehubbard wrote:
How about a Spa Day at GF or SSR, followed by a fantastic dinner...maybe the Contemporary.

That's an awesome idea! The spa treatments could be your "bridesmaid gift" to your wedding party.

cdub's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/20/2008
Posts: 3220

You could get the spa treatment and then do a monorail crawl.