Camera strap

Login to post comments
13 posts / 0 new
ChipnDaleFan's picture
Offline
Joined: 05/02/2010
Posts: 882
Camera strap

Hey guys! Just purchased my very first dslr camera- canon t4i. ALL I thought while I bought it was Mickey camera strap! I was sad to see it's not on the website and the ones on eBay are crazy in price! The laughing place.com doesn't have any either ( only thin ones) and I am not headed to WDW for a while. Any other suggestions of where I could snag one? Websites? Thanks!!

__________________

Grovesnor offsite '93 ~ Port Orleans '94 ~ Port Orleans '95 ~ Caribbean Beach '97~ Carribbean Beach '99 ~ Caribbean Beach '00 ~ Offsite '02~ Caribbean Beach '08 ~ Port Orleans French Quarter '10 ~ Dolphin/Hilton '12-~All Star Sports '16

MrHub's picture
Offline
Joined: 10/29/2009
Posts: 9418

Don't get one if you find it, it's uncomfortable as all get out. I got one if you want it.

The Colonel's picture
Offline
Joined: 11/08/2012
Posts: 2936

I don't know how people carry those things around the park. I'm too lazy.

__________________

See my Disney Photography at...
https://www.flickr.com/photos/rt_images/

DVC owner since 2002 BCV/BWV/BLT/VGC

Eeyore's picture
Offline
Joined: 11/22/2012
Posts: 1120

Glad someone brought this up. As Colonel said, it is freakishly annoying carrying around my nice Nikon Camera all day. We do have a bag for it, but it's heavy and annoying. How do you travel with yours? I want to capture the magic, but not be annoyed with a camera all day!

Offline
Joined: 01/22/2013
Posts: 1

It doesn't have Micky on it, but I use a strap that goes over one shoulder and across your body. It screws into the bottom of the camera and makes it comfortable and easy to use. (I believe the strap is called a sling strap). I like this because it encourages me to Carry my slr around a lot more so I get a lot more use out of it.

The Colonel's picture
Offline
Joined: 11/08/2012
Posts: 2936

Eeyore wrote:
Glad someone brought this up. As Colonel said, it is freakishly annoying carrying around my nice Nikon Camera all day. We do have a bag for it, but it's heavy and annoying. How do you travel with yours? I want to capture the magic, but not be annoyed with a camera all day!

I just can't do it. I can't stand carrying anything that doesn't fit in a pocket and I can't stand anything around my neck, especially in the heat. I use a pocket-sized point and shoot.

__________________

See my Disney Photography at...
https://www.flickr.com/photos/rt_images/

DVC owner since 2002 BCV/BWV/BLT/VGC

Offline
Joined: 08/05/2012
Posts: 252

check out Black rapid straps they are super comfortable and work well for DSLR cameras. I have back problems and managed to carry a D7000 with battery grip and large 70-300mm lens and I was just fine.

Vettelover's picture
Offline
Joined: 03/28/2009
Posts: 4654

Hazegry is absolutely correct about the Black Rapid strap. I use a Black Rapid Cargo RS-5 strap and have recently purchased a BRAD accessory strap to help stabilize it and it is fantastic for carrying a DSLR camera for a long time sitting, standing, or walking. I highly reccomend it. In fact ask mrhub why he has the Mickey strap available wink .

__________________

Vettelover's picture
Offline
Joined: 03/28/2009
Posts: 4654

As an afterthought I should have included Black Rapids website because it is very informative. It is, www.blackrapid.com feel free to check it out. Also welcome to our forum Bobert, this is probably the strap you are refering to.

__________________

crazycatperson's picture
Offline
Joined: 09/19/2011
Posts: 3709

The Colonel wrote:
Eeyore wrote:
Glad someone brought this up. As Colonel said, it is freakishly annoying carrying around my nice Nikon Camera all day. We do have a bag for it, but it's heavy and annoying. How do you travel with yours? I want to capture the magic, but not be annoyed with a camera all day!

I just can't do it. I can't stand carrying anything that doesn't fit in a pocket and I can't stand anything around my neck, especially in the heat. I use a pocket-sized point and shoot.

I agree. If I can't stuff it in a pocket I don't need it. Even if that means the only photos I have are taken with my cell phone or by the friendly Photopass photographers.

Offline
Joined: 01/08/2013
Posts: 53

I have the mickey strap, it gets used only at the parks, it is very uncomfortable, but if you really want one check disney shopping the current ones, with the mickey parts shouldn't be that expensive

__________________

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker

ChipnDaleFan's picture
Offline
Joined: 05/02/2010
Posts: 882

Thanks all for Mickey and the comfy strap info. I may invest in both!

__________________

Grovesnor offsite '93 ~ Port Orleans '94 ~ Port Orleans '95 ~ Caribbean Beach '97~ Carribbean Beach '99 ~ Caribbean Beach '00 ~ Offsite '02~ Caribbean Beach '08 ~ Port Orleans French Quarter '10 ~ Dolphin/Hilton '12-~All Star Sports '16

Offline
Joined: 03/05/2013
Posts: 35

Hazegry wrote:
check out Black rapid straps they are super comfortable and work well for DSLR cameras. I have back problems and managed to carry a D7000 with battery grip and large 70-300mm lens and I was just fine.

I'm a big fan of black rapid straps, they are very comfortable and allow me to carry my DSLR and 70-200mm lens all day long....and my wife and I routinely go to WDW in August.