MandaLynn & MeganLeigh's May 2014 Pre-Trip Report!

Login to post comments
58 posts / 0 new
MandaLynn's picture
MandaLynn & MeganLeigh's May 2014 Pre-Trip Report!

Hello all! We have been busily planning our next couple (!) Disney trips and wanted to type up a quick update. Since we just passed our 60 day mark, I thought I would write up a Pre-Trip Report to share the excitement!! yay

Megan and I are treating our Mom to 4 days and 3 nights at the Boardwalk Villas on Mother's Day weekend mickey This was her Christmas present from the 2 of us and also a nice splurge for ourselves! It's our first time renting DVC points and also our first stay in the Epcot area (It's been YEARS since any of us have stayed on property). We couldn't be more excited! Our tentative schedule is below:

Thursday, May 8: Arrival at MCO around 12:30 (our Mom will be flying in from Ohio and Meg and I are flying from Nashville). We get to take the Magical Express for the first time and are psyched for the magic to start immediately! Our first excursion will be to Downtown Disney to shop and explore the area a bit. We have dinner reservations at Raglan Road and then heading back to the Boardwalk. This day is pretty open and we will just go with the flow (aka, probably get ice cream or cupcakes at any and every stop possible!!). We want to make sure to turn in at a decent time to make sure we can make it to our breakfast reservations in the morning!

Friday, May 9: Up early and headed to the Beach Club for character breakfast at Cape May Cafe. Meeting the characters in their super cute beach-wear is the best way that I can think of to start the day! We will be heading to Epcot after breakfast so we plan on walking or taking a quick water taxi to the World Showcase. We will start in Future World and begin making our way around the circle. We really want to take our time and see the highlights, while leaving a lot of time to really explore the World Showcase. The Flower & Garden Festival is a nice bonus Smile We have FPs for Test Track, Spaceship Earth, and Nemo and Friends, although I really don't think we will need them for anything other than Test Track (or Soarin, but obviously we can't have both!). I'm sure we will grab a Dole Whip or other snack along the way. We are thinking of doing lunch at Spice Road Table and later, we have reservations for dinner at La Hacienda de San Angel. Hopefully dessert will coincide perfectly with Illuminations!

Saturday, May 10: Magic Kingdom day! We are planning to be there for Rope Drop and will probably stop at Main Street Bakery for a quick breakfast. We definitely want to stroll through the shops on Main Street. Eventually we will make our way to Fantasyland as we are planning to get a FP for lunch at Be Our Guest (reservations aren't open yet...does anyone know about this??). Our attraction FPs are Thunder Mountain, Peter Pan, and Pirates. There are so many at MK that we love that we could barely decide! Again, we are going to hit our favorites and try to take time to 'smell the roses' and notice the details that we usually miss trying to make all of the rides! We are excited to see the new Festival of Fantasy parade (probably with a Mickey ice cream or LeFou's Brew in hand!). We are thinking of quick service dinner at Columbia Harbour House. Of course we will stay for Celebrate the Magic and Wishes!

Sunday, May 11: Leaving Day Sad We are pretty flexible this morning until our brunch reservations at Kouzzina. We also won't leave for the airport until around 3:00, so we might take some time to explore the resorts in the area. And that's it! Best news is that we will be back in 6 months for a full week!!

If you have any suggestions, please let us know...we know y'all have great ideas!!

JoAnn C's picture

Sounds like a wonderful weekend.

We're excited! Especially to see the new parade, and hopefully the Mine Train will be open! Gonna be cutting it close on that one, though, I think. I had a thought the other day that even if it's not open, maybe they'd be doing run-throughs or something and we'd get to be test-riders! A totally far-fetched idea, I know laugh but a girl can dream, right?

In six months we will be in the world too and our dates cross with yours, maybe our paths will cross? Wink

Looks like some great planning here awesome ..What time is diner at La Hacienda de San Angel ? If its after 7:30 make sure you request a window seat for Illuminations Smile

Allie's picture

Yay! I'm excited for another TR from you two and to see more of your fabulous outfits! Are you planning on checking out any of the Flower and Garden Festival food booths? Hope you're able to snag a lunch FP for BOG...I'm not sure how that works since we're still more then 60 days out, but we're hoping to get one too so keep us updated with how it works for you!

amy1989's picture

Allie wrote:
Yay! I'm excited for another TR from you two and to see more of your fabulous outfits! Are you planning on checking out any of the Flower and Garden Festival food booths? Hope you're able to snag a lunch FP for BOG...I'm not sure how that works since we're still more then 60 days out, but we're hoping to get one too so keep us updated with how it works for you!

If you are wanting a lunch reservations its seperate to MDE the link you need is:
beourguestlunch.disney.go.com

when I did this last year it only opened up a few days in advance but I have heard that it may open 45 day in advance - I can even see my dates for September/October trip but says not times available

Good luck to you both I loved Lunch!!!!!

RobNLyn2 wrote:
Looks like some great planning here awesome ..What time is diner at La Hacienda de San Angel ? If its after 7:30 make sure you request a window seat for Illuminations Smile

That was our thought! Hopefully it works out!

Sally-Ann wrote:
In six months we will be in the world too and our dates cross with yours, maybe our paths will cross? Wink

We'll be there the last week of September going into October. Would love to meet up if it works out!

Allie wrote:

We've been looking at the F&G stuff and a lot of it looks amazing! It's another short trip- just one day at Epcot, and we really don't wanna be going full speed the whole time like we did with the F&WF. We definitely will check out as much as we can though!
We did some research about the BOG FP+, and found that website Amy linked- it says nothing available right now, but from what we've read, we're still too far out to get anything yet. Hopefully in a couple weeks or so we can grab one!

Allie's picture

amy1989 wrote:
Allie wrote:

If you are wanting a lunch reservations its seperate to MDE the link you need is:

when I did this last year it only opened up a few days in advance but I have heard that it may open 45 day in advance - I can even see my dates for September/October trip but says not times available

I did know it was on a separate site, but I wasn't aware it was on a different timeline, too. Good to know, thanks for the info!

MrHub's picture

Allie wrote:
amy1989 wrote:
Allie wrote:

I did know it was on a separate site, but I wasn't aware it was on a different timeline, too. Good to know, thanks for the info!

Last time we did it, it was only open 1 week out.

amy1989's picture

mrhub wrote:
Allie wrote:
amy1989 wrote:
Allie wrote:

Last time we did it, it was only open 1 week out.

When we did it in september it was only a week out but I've read somewhere its 45 days out now - haven't tried it yet so would be curious to find out!

For my upcoming trip it let me do it 60 days out Smile

MissMinnie wrote:

what?! no fair! lol we're 57 days out and it says none available. waiting

MrHub's picture

MeganLeigh wrote:
MissMinnie wrote:

what?! no fair! lol we're 57 days out and it says none available. waiting

same here.

For my December Trip it only let me schedule a few weeks in advance but for my upcoming April trip I checked around the 60 day mark to see if it magically would be available and it was! Maybe a little pixie dust for me or a computer glitch lol Smile

MrHub's picture

Just spoke with CM on Disney Site chat, said you can book BOG Lunch fastpasses at 60 days out now. She double checked for our May trip, nothing available all week.

JanJ's picture

Yay! So exciting - you will love The Boardwalk! It's now our favourite resort. Like Allie, I'm excited to hear if you have outfits planned for this trip? If you do, we must have pictures. biggrin

MandaLynn's picture

amy1989 and mrhub - Thanks for the Be Our Guest info. We have gone on this site as MeganLeigh said and it is saying nothing is available. I am HOPING that is because these dates haven't opened up yet (but that would mean mrhub is wrong and that doesn't seem to happen often!!). I'm so jealous of you MissMinnie that you were able to easily reserve your FP at 60 days!! Last fall we didn't have FPs and just got in line about 20 minutes before the restaurant opened and then got right in...So either way, we will be almost definitely be eating there.

Sallie-Ann - Yes, let us know your plans and if ours overlap, we would love to meet you!

RobNLyn2 - That is a great suggestion. Our reservations are at 7:45, so we will definitely request a window seat!

Allie and JanJ - We are definitely thinking about outfits for our trip already!! We are trying to think of some simple 3-person groups this time so our mom can join us without feeling like she has to dress up (aka Huey, Duey, and Louie!...simple casual pants/jeans with a solid color shirt! And we did NOT plan this, but our Magic Bands are Blue, Green, and Orange! Perfect accessory for this threesome Smile ) I'm also thinking of proposing Mickey, Donald, and Goofy if I can think of a really simple way to do them. I really want to do Tiger Lily, but I might save that for our fall trip (just got some mint crochet Toms and am DYING to wear them!). If you have any ideas for us, pass them along!

We are super excited about the Boardwalk. JanJ, I think it was yours and Ken's Trip Report that really convinced us to include the Boardwalk in our top 3 choices! As MeganLeigh said, we are going to take our time and enjoy the sights and sounds of the parks instead of running around trying to fit in everything! Although, we will probably sample a few of the snacks in the food booths...we couldn't help checking out the menus and it looks like there are so many delicious offerings!

57 Days mickey

AnnielovesDisney's picture

clapping more coordinating outfits~I loved your last outfits. I vote for the evil stepmother and stepsisters. At WDW the stepmother wears all red, one sister wears a purple and pink dress and the other sister wears a teal and bright green dress. All your mom would need is a red shirt!
I also think that Alice, the mad hatter and the white rabbit would be a very simple, but recognizable group of 3.
Whatever outfits you girls come up with I'm sure they'll be cute(and well accessorized awesome )

MrHub's picture

MandaLynn, I am hoping the CM I talked to was wrong also so you can get a FP. Just keep checking, I will too!

AnnielovesDisney wrote:
clapping more coordinating outfits~I loved your last outfits. I vote for the evil stepmother and stepsisters. At WDW the stepmother wears all red, one sister wears a purple and pink dress and the other sister wears a teal and bright green dress. All your mom would need is a red shirt!
I also think that Alice, the mad hatter and the white rabbit would be a very simple, but recognizable group of 3.
Whatever outfits you girls come up with I'm sure they'll be cute(and well accessorized awesome )

yay! So glad you're excited! All great ideas here! We're definitely trying to keep it simple this time- my goal is to only use things that I already own, not buy anything new. There's so much you can do with Disneybounds though- it can be as simple or as elaborate as you feel like!
LOVE the stepsisters and stepmother idea! I always hear great stories about the character interaction with them at the parks

Allie's picture

mrhub wrote:
Just spoke with CM on Disney Site chat, said you can book BOG Lunch fastpasses at 60 days out now. She double checked for our May trip, nothing available all week.

Bummer! Those filled up fast! Making a mental note to try and watch for this the day my 60 day window opens.

I don't know if they are still doing this at BOG but when I was there in December they were keeping a list of all the dinner cancellations for that day. At around noon they had someone sitting out by the podium with the list and you could try and see if there were any same day dinner reservations available. That's how I ended up getting a dinner reservation as well. Hope you have a great trip either way Smile

MandaLynn's picture

AnnielovesDisney - I LOVE your Cinderella step-mother and step-sisters idea!! This might need to be added to the list Smile

mrhub - You better believe I am still trying for BOG fastpasses! I will just keep checking everyday and of course if I actually get them, I will let everyone know.

MissMinnie - That is a good idea if we don't end up getting the BOG fastpasses. We will definitely be eating lunch there whether we wait in line or have a FP! We just loved the experience and food last year Smile

In my opinion, BOG was such a great (and necessary) addition to MK. I have always gotten excited about the restaurants at Epcot and DHS (I have only been to AK once and I can't remember the food!), but MK now has a dining experience that I really look forward to!

MandaLynn's picture

Well, since we are now almost 2 weeks out (!!) from our trip, I thought I would update this thread a little!

As far as BOG, Megan got an email from Disney a week ago (reservation is in her name) that included an invitation for a BOG FP! We had been trying and trying for weeks to get this (online and by phone), obviously to no avail. But as soon as she clicked on this link, she got in! We are super excited for this as we loved the whole experience last fall and thought the food was really good (I got the braised pork...YUM!).

Ok, if you don't care for fashion, you can stop reading at this point!! I wanted to post some of my outfits like I did last trip to get your thoughts Smile As you probably remember (or if you are new, as you are about to learn!), Meg and I love fashion and when we go to Disney, we like to let the characters/parks inspire what we wear. We usually choose a specific character for each day and take a look in our closets to get the basics. We sometimes supplement some new pieces and accessories to bring it all together and BOOM...we have a cute Disney-inspired outfit! mickey (NOT a costume!!) Check out my ideas for this quick trip below:

Day 1 (travel day/Downtown Disney/Boardwalk): I decided to do something a little different and get inspired by one of the things I'm most excited about on this trip...Dole Whip! I had everything already except the necklace, which I LOVE!

Day 2 (EPCOT): I went for one of the Fab 5. I love Donald Duck's sailor style! Plus we are going to *hopefully* meet Donald and friends at Cape May for breakfast this morning Smile

Day 3 (MK): I finally decided last weekend what I wanted to wear for Magic Kingdom day...Rapunzel!! I love Tangled, but I'm not really a pink/purple kind of girl. However, once I found this shirt, I knew I would feel comfortable without feeling too 'pink'! I already had everything else, so this one was pretty easy as well. I actually have some magenta Toms, but I just thought that would be too much., so I just went with grey with a magenta sole..I might bring the others just in case.

Day 4 (Boardwalk/travel day): My Mom, sister, and I are going to use Huey, Duey, and Louie as our inspiration on the last day! We thought it would be fun to close out our trip with a group inspiration. This will be very simple...probably just jeans and a solid-colored (or mostly solid) shirt. I'm not sure who is who yet, so I don't have any pics!

I know you guys have your own ideas and inspirations, so I can't wait to hear what you think!

So cute!! Love the inspiration and your choices!!

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker Free Disney Tickers

Eeyore's picture

Love you outfits. Where did you get the fun colored pants?

MandaLynn's picture

Thanks WonderlandKatie!!

Hi Eeyore, I love wearing jeans...they are my comfort zone! You can find colored jeans at a lot of stores. The yellow jeans are from The Limited, the purple jeans are from Old Navy, and the blue shorts are from American Eagle Smile

AnnielovesDisney's picture

I love the outfits you girls pick out. So creative! If you add some royal blue to the first one, you'll be Snow White eating a dole whip laugh

MandaLynn's picture

AnnielovesDisney wrote:
If you add some royal blue to the first one, you'll be Snow White eating a dole whip laugh

This is pretty much exactly what I did for my Snow White outfit last fall! Haha biggrin

Love your outfits!!! muchlove muchlove My favorite is Day 1!!! We are also counting down the days......2 weeks from tomorrow!!!!!!!