Megan's October 2013 Pre-trip/ Trip Report!

Login to post comments
106 posts / 0 new
MrHub's picture

Megan, I'm still trying to see if I can pick you two out in any of our pictures at the party.

AnnielovesDisney wrote:
Love the trip report~You girls know how to have fun stars

Thanks Annie! It's hard NOT to have fun when you're in that magical place! (But we definitely can be very silly laugh )

mrhub wrote:
Megan, I'm still trying to see if I can pick you two out in any of our pictures at the party.

Ha! If you went to the whiskey station, you passed right by our table. But I guess there could have been more than one of those stations....there were doubles of a lot of them.

Allie's picture

The dessert party looks awesome! More TR please! biggrin

Allie wrote:
The dessert party looks awesome! More TR please! biggrin

yes maam! I've got another section coming soon- just gotta get the pictures in order!

Hey guys, I'm not dead!! haha, I'm procrastinating on this so much, I'm so sorry! I was never a fan of paper-writing in school, so maybe I'm having flashbacks of that, lol. This is writing about DISNEY though, so it really should not be hard at all. mickey

ANYways.....

On to Magic Kingdom day!! When someone asks me what my favorite park is, it's so hard to decide, but I always end up saying Epcot. But there's just something extra magical about the Magic Kingdom(go figure! lol). Walking down Main Street, toward the Castle...there's just NO feeling like it! It just fills me with so much happiness! yay muchlove
On to the day....We had a very early wake up time because for months, we'd been talking about rope drop at MK, and how we HAD to make it on time to see it. We are notoriously bad at waking up early and generally being on time, and we are most definitely NOT morning people, but we figured we had a good enough reason to wake up, and it wouldn't be a problem.....well.....We missed rode drop. waiting But only by like 15 minutes! It was the logistics that screwed us up- parking, waiting on the tram, waiting on the monorail, etc...It's moments like these when you realize how much of an advantage it is to stay on WDW property.

Oh well....We made up for it when we caught a little song and dance on Main Street- it was SO CUTE, and we felt like it was a good substitute for missing out on RD.

We went to Starbucks to get a quick latte, then headed to the first aid building. We were a little achy from the previous two days, so we figured we'd pop a couple painkillers before we really hit the pavement- did you know they give them out for free there? So nice!
Freshly drugged up and caffeinated, we headed out to conquer yet another park!

We stood in front of the castle for a couple minutes, taking a million pictures of it and just generally being in awe. Then we decided to head over to Be Our Guest so we could get in as soon as it opened. This was a kind of spur-of-the-minute decision, as it was still pretty early to be eating lunch. We thought that by the time the doors opened and we got in and ordered and everything, we'd probably be ready to eat though, so over to New Fantasyland we went!
This was the first time we'd been since that part opened and we were SO EXCITED about EVERYTHING! We kept gasping and pointing at everything- Disney does have a way of bringing out the kid in you doesn't it? Smile

When we got to BOG, there were already several people in line. It was a beautiful day, so it was actually kinda nice to just be standing there in the sun, sipping our drinks. Right before 10:30, all the CMs came out and clapped as the doors opened and we filed our way in. A CM had passed out menus while we were in line, so we knew what we wanted to order. We punched our orders on the touch screens, got our roses, and made our way deeper into the restaurant, where our jaws immediately dropped and pretty much stayed that way the entire time we were in there. This place is SO BEAUTIFUL you guys. Everything about it, all the details, the music playing(we were obsessed with all the music playing throughout New Fantasyland, by the way)- at the risk if sounding cliche, it was truly like stepping into another world. We got our drinks in the main dining area(the Ballroom), and for a split second, were unsure about where the best place to get a table was. That is, until we saw several other groups making a beeline to one particular room- the West Wing. That room seemed to be filling up the quickest, so we figured it must be the coolest- and it was VERY cool. Again with all the details! It was JUST like in the movie- the lights were very dim, there was a portrait of the prince tattered with claw marks(keep your eye on that portrait throughout your meal wink ), and of course the rose, floating in it's glass case, a petal falling off every couple minutes. Next time we go, I definitely wanna sit next to the window where it's "snowing"- that looked so amazing! Ugh...I could go on and on(and on and on....) about BOG, but there are already so many reviews that I'm sure you guys have read, I don't think I have anything really new to say....So on to the food! I got the turkey sandwich and Manda got the pork dish- both were great! And we were right- we were so ready to eat by the time our food go to our table via the cart that "found" us through our roses. It was really a fantastic lunch for a counter service spot. perfectly filling and of course, we did save room to split The Master's Cupcake(AKA the "grey stuff" cupcake). When I ordered it, the CM helping me immediately congratulated me on making the best choice for dessert. DELICIOUS! The cake was nice and moist, and the grey stuff was so yummy- a little lighter than frosting, in both texture and taste, which is great because as much as I do love frosting, sometimes it can be too much, so this was really perfect. And Manda isn't really a "frosting person" at all, and she loved it, so that's definitely a stamp of approval!

The carnage...

Okay, I'll try to have the next part up ASAP!!! awesome

Allie's picture

Yay for more TR! LOVE your guys' outfits this day! muchlove Ariel is my absolute favorite princess and I adore the apple necklace, what a great touch!

VelcroPooh

Love the outfits! The starfish is a great touch!

AnnielovesDisney's picture

muchlove The outfits~ You girls have done it again stars

MandaLynn's picture

Oh wow...thanks for that super-close-up pic, Meg!! haha

And I agree Allie...Ariel is one of my all-time favorites as well (possibly tied with Pocahontas) and Meg's outfit was awesome! And thanks for noticing my necklace...it's all in the details Smile

I wanted to add a couple more pics as well:

Inside the New Main Street Bakery (Starbucks)

Walkin' right down the middle of Main Street USA! (I think I sang that line a million times that day...never gets old!)

On the way to Be Our Guest, we found a couple photo ops Wink

Enchanted Rose

...more to come!!

JoAnn C's picture

I loved Be Our Guest. We had dinner in the West Wing Thursday night. I literally skipped when we were told we were being seated in the West Wing.

MandaLynn's picture

Yes JoAnn! That's the BEST room Smile

Thanks Annie and Pooh for the compliments!! We had so much fun putting these together mickey

MandaLynn's picture

Ok, I'm posting this for Meg since I have most of the pics on my computer Smile

After our wonderful lunch at Be Our Guest, we headed off to check out the rest of New Fantasyland. Right around the corner is Belle's Village, where they were piping in instrumentall versions of all of the best Beauty & the Beast songs...it was fantastic and we just hung out for a while and enjoyed the ambiance! We saw that the Lefou's Brew (non-alcoholic) looked really good at Gaston's Tavern and made a mental note to revisit this area later in the day (we were SO FULL from lunch!). Next was Prince Eric's Castle, where we immediately got super excited about the Little Mermaid ride! The queue was fantastic and really well themed, again with great instrumental music from the movie playing (we loved this!!). The line wasn't too long and was moving pretty fast, so off we went Under the Sea! Mickey's PhilharMagic was next. This movie is so well done and just keeps you smiling the whole time. Afterwards, we walked through the small Tangled area, which was actually really nice! Maybe they will eventually do more with this area (other than just restrooms!).

Next we strolled over to Frontierland to see the Country Bear Jamboree and ride Big Thunder Mountain. Afterwards, on our way to Tomorrowland, we caught the Celebrate a Dream Parade from a great spot close to the castle. Warning: this song is very catchy! We now sing this at least once a day Wink Also, Prince Naveen totally waved right at us <3 In Tomorrowland, we grabbed a FP for Buzz Lightyear and then walked right into Monsters Inc.- IMO this is one of the most underrated attractions there! I always think it's actually really funny, and not just for the kids! We took a break on the PeopleMover (that ride is always so relaxing) and Carousel of Progress (a definite MUST DO for us!!). By then, it was time for our ride on Buzz Lightyear's Space Adventure. The ride stalled right in the middle, which was kinda great because we were racking up the points! It wasn't really a competition, though...I beat Manda by a ton Smile After this, we wanted to make our way back to explore Main Street, but first we made a quick stop at Space Mountain to grab a FP. On our way back to Main Street, we caught the Dreams Come True Show from in front of the castle. It was the cutest thing to see a father and young daughter freak out with excitement when the princesses came out onstage! Disney magic at its finest Smile After the show, we walked through the Main Street shops and made our way up to the train station to take some pics from the platform. By this time we were hungry, which was great timing because it was time for dinner at the Plaza Restaurant. Manda had meatloaf with potatoes and green beans, I had the philly cheesesteak. Both delicious! We had never eaten here before, so we excited to explore another new corner of MK. We loved the art nouveau decor- so many great details! We got to talking with the couple next to us and we had a great meal with them like we were old friends! They were on the meal plan and weren't going to eat their dessert, so they asked us what we preferred and just passed it along to us! It was a delicious hot fudge brownie sundae made even more tasty because we had made some new friends...and it was free! haha

before the parade

fuzzy image of us on Buzz Lightyear

Dreams Come True!!

PeopleMover Smile

After dinner, it was time for our FP on Space Mountain. This ride is so fun...we wanted to go again, but the line was SO LONG and we still had so much on our list! At this point, we walked back over to Frontierland and checked out the lines for Splash Mountain and Big Thunder Mountain. Because of the parade later (we had decided to see the late showing), and since the park was open until 1:00 am (not even EMH!!), we knew we had time to do both. We grabbed a FP and then went back through the park to Gaston's Tavern again and got our Lefou's Brew to drink during Celebrate the Magic. We got a great spot right in front of the castle (next to the Walt and Mickey statue!). We had not researched this show at all and were completely blown away by it!! It's spectacular and moving...can't say enough about it Smile The fireworks immediately followed, which were of course amazing! Then we were back off to Liberty Square to grab a spot for the Main Street Electrical parade (one of our favorites since we were little!!).

With all the parades and fireworks over, it was time to ride some more rides! Big Thunder Mountain was next...it was now pretty late and it seemed like a lot of families were headed out of the park. We walked right onto Splash Mountain, which we love, but we were really trying trying to stay dry, lol. There was a mom with her son in the seat in front of us who was also nervous about the big splash. Needless to say, there was a lot of screaming, and we all got wet. Afterwards, we decided to make one more trip over to Fantasyland. We thought we would try the new Enchanted Tales with Belle, which was really cute (if you have kids with you, it would be a must do! but for us, we were glad we did it once). Since we were close, we went on the Little Mermaid ride again with no wait. This time, there weren't as many people in the cars around us so we definitely sang along with all the songs- yeah, we're super cool people.

By this time, it was around 12:30 and we had had a very long and very magical day!!! We made our way back to the monorail station and back to the car (Heroes - Simba 12!!). Whew Smile

Mandy's picture

My boyfriend and I like the Plaza Restaurant. We also liked BOG but we went for dinner. Le Fou's Brew is delicious! Love Ariels ride! That's always one of my tips, stay after the fireworks since 80%-90% of everyone leaves after the fireworks no matter what time the park is open until.

Kris1971's picture

Great trip report ladies! Its making me even more excited for my trip in 4 days!!!