"For Rent" rooms opening to DVC members

Login to post comments
8 posts / 0 new
MouseTraveler's picture
Offline
Joined: 01/15/2009
Posts: 919
"For Rent" rooms opening to DVC members

I've seen several threads where the question opens up about DVC properties that are rented out, and at what point they are placed back into the DVC users availability.

I've also said that i can't imagine actually PAYING the prices that DVC asks for their properties to non-members.

I've been doing a bunch of research the past few days which involves looking at property availability at WDW this fall. (Gotta work it around football season.)

Just about every date I've entered I've been offered rooms that are available at the new Bay Lake property, even though as I understand it, it is TOTALLY booked to points users.

Moral of the story, if you are going to WDW this fall, staying at a DVC property and have been told that Bay Lake is unavailable, I'd make sure that I put my name on the wait list, as this property just might come available for you!

__________________

Visit our website (work in progress) http://www.mousetraveler.tv
Visit our blog (will NEVER be finished)
http://www.mousetraveler.tv/blog
On Twitter as 'MouseTraveler' and 'BigBlueMan'

Imagineer's picture
Offline
Joined: 12/05/2008
Posts: 521

I agree about the waitlist. Always try it; you've nothing to lose. I think many people will be surprised to find that there are as many cancellations as there are.

I like the way they handle the waitlist now - you can choose two resorts to waitlist, and if one comes available, it'll cancel your reservation and your other waitlist.

__________________

mickey Upcoming Trips mickey

July 2010 - Old Key West

Oct 2010 - Boardwalk Villas

MouseTraveler's picture
Offline
Joined: 01/15/2009
Posts: 919

Imagineer wrote:
I agree about the waitlist. Always try it; you've nothing to lose. I think many people will be surprised to find that there are as many cancellations as there are.

I like the way they handle the waitlist now - you can choose two resorts to waitlist, and if one comes available, it'll cancel your reservation and your other waitlist.

And in 15 years of DVC ownership, I've never NOT gotten the waitlist resort except for one time when I went on it less than 30 days before arrival.

__________________

Visit our website (work in progress) http://www.mousetraveler.tv
Visit our blog (will NEVER be finished)
http://www.mousetraveler.tv/blog
On Twitter as 'MouseTraveler' and 'BigBlueMan'

SpaceAce's picture
Offline
Joined: 07/06/2008
Posts: 2532

So, basically you're saying that Disney HOLDS rooms for NON-DVC members before making them available to DVC members? That sounds not at all magical.

__________________

[url=http://www.wdwforgrownups.com/forum/'http://www.mickeypath.com/']

[/url]

2010 Beach Club Resort
2005 Port Orleans Riverside
2006 Animal Kingdom Lodge
2007 Wilderness Lodge
2008 Animal Kingdom Lodge
2009 CBR/Polynesian

MouseTraveler's picture
Offline
Joined: 01/15/2009
Posts: 919

SpaceAce wrote:
So, basically you're saying that Disney HOLDS rooms for NON-DVC members before making them available to DVC members? That sounds not at all magical.

Magical or not, I believe its stated plainly in the bylaws, so we all knew it when we bought.

I think the GOOD part is that if you're smart, you'll be able to utilize that inventory to your advantage.

__________________

Visit our website (work in progress) http://www.mousetraveler.tv
Visit our blog (will NEVER be finished)
http://www.mousetraveler.tv/blog
On Twitter as 'MouseTraveler' and 'BigBlueMan'

bali's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/20/2008
Posts: 3444

MouseTraveler wrote:
Imagineer wrote:
I agree about the waitlist. Always try it; you've nothing to lose. I think many people will be surprised to find that there are as many cancellations as there are.

I like the way they handle the waitlist now - you can choose two resorts to waitlist, and if one comes available, it'll cancel your reservation and your other waitlist.

And in 15 years of DVC ownership, I've never NOT gotten the waitlist resort except for one time when I went on it less than 30 days before arrival.



That's just downright bad luck. I got my waitlist resort the only time (or times..maybe it was twice) I've been on one. sad

__________________


May 2008 CSR mickey

Vettelover's picture
Offline
Joined: 03/28/2009
Posts: 4656

Bali: I could be wrong but I think that MT had a double negative in his statement which meant that he has ALWAYS gotten the trades that he wanted except once. which is really good luck at getting your requests while on the waitlist. MT am I right or am I putting my foot in my mouth and you DID have bad luck? Like I said in a previous post I have always gotten my requested swaps as well.

__________________

bali's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/20/2008
Posts: 3444

Vettelover wrote:
Bali: I could be wrong but I think that MT had a double negative in his statement which meant that he has ALWAYS gotten the trades that he wanted except once. which is really good luck at getting your requests while on the waitlist. MT am I right or am I putting my foot in my mouth and you DID have bad luck? Like I said in a previous post I have always gotten my requested swaps as well.


bighug Thanks for the catch Vette. I mentioned on another thread that it was a punchy Friday afternoon. Guess my eyes ain't so good!

__________________


May 2008 CSR mickey