Scrappy & Mrhub's Pre trip report Nov 2012

Login to post comments
80 posts / 0 new
MrHub's picture

disneydoc wrote:
Wow, that's a lot of envelopes. You are not there for that many nights, are you? And SO colorfully Fallish. Love it. The bar is raised. Where did you guys find those stickers?

Yeah I wish we were there that long. No, some of those are for our favorite valet's. She got the stickers at Wal-Mart.
This picture has better color, they are Mickey red and yellow.

PreviewAttachmentSize
xxxxx.jpg
xxxxx.jpg486.41 KB
Jess's picture

PirateGirl wrote:
Jess wrote:
Actually asked my father in law today about our magical express tags and he said he's had them for a month and a half....oooops...and we got mickey mail today...this is what 3000 dollars looks...lol

The problem we ran into though which will didn't see this when he bought them....We bought one for my mom to....and on the stuff we got in the mail today it said that everyone has to live in the same household....So tomorrow I will be calling Disney and see what we have to do....Hopefully this goes well

crossfingers crossfingers Good luck.

They of course were awesome about everything......They said depending on which cast member we get when we trade them in some would just let it slide...but they said to be on the safe side we just need to go online and have one of her bills mailed to our house and take it with us and that would be fine.....They also said if there were any issues they would be able to switch it over to a normal pass for her and they would refund her the difference.

mrhub wrote:
Yeah I wish we were there that long. No, some of those are for our favorite valet's. She got the stickers at Wal-Mart.

*steals idea and adds it to his list of things to work on for 2013 trip*

I LOVE THESE!

disneydoc's picture

Yes, Jeff, I too am "stealing" this idea for my upcoming trips. Gotta get some of those stickers. And how cool is it to go often enough to have a "favorite valet?" We are some lucky folks. Or perhaps we just prioritize. mickey

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker DIStickers.com Ticker

Allie's picture

Jess wrote:
PirateGirl wrote:
Jess wrote:
Actually asked my father in law today about our magical express tags and he said he's had them for a month and a half....oooops...and we got mickey mail today...this is what 3000 dollars looks...lol

The problem we ran into though which will didn't see this when he bought them....We bought one for my mom to....and on the stuff we got in the mail today it said that everyone has to live in the same household....So tomorrow I will be calling Disney and see what we have to do....Hopefully this goes well

They of course were awesome about everything......They said depending on which cast member we get when we trade them in some would just let it slide...but they said to be on the safe side we just need to go online and have one of her bills mailed to our house and take it with us and that would be fine.....They also said if there were any issues they would be able to switch it over to a normal pass for her and they would refund her the difference.

Glad to hear it worked out, that would have been a major bummer!

Adorable mousekeeping enevelopes, Scrappy!

MrHub's picture

JeffC wrote:
mrhub wrote:

*steals idea and adds it to his list of things to work on for 2013 trip*

I LOVE THESE!

disneydoc wrote:
Yes, Jeff, I too am "stealing" this idea for my upcoming trips. Gotta get some of those stickers. And how cool is it to go often enough to have a "favorite valet?" We are some lucky folks. Or perhaps we just prioritize. mickey

Steal away, steal away! Yes Doc, "Prioritize". WDW is the only thing we spoil ourselves on, and the only place we go on vacation. We bring friend sometimes, and family (once), but yes when we go to WDW we are spoiled and I'm not ashamed to say. We save and save and save for our trips.

disneydoc's picture

I do the same...save, save. Disney is worth every penny of that saving. I do indeed make Disney a priority now - and go as often as I can possibly swing. I think we are on the same page! mickey

Jess's picture

Allie wrote:
Jess wrote:
PirateGirl wrote:
Jess wrote:

My only complaint about it is why would Disney ever even consider putting it's a small world as their hold music....And it felt like i was on hold forever.

angels444's picture

Disney is our only vacation we ever take. We have talked about maybe going somewhere else, but we go back to Disney. Even though our last trips were bad or down right miserable we still found them magical. One of our trips we were there for 10 days and only got 3 days out of the room because we were so sick. This year we are hoping for a truly magical vacation. NO ILLNESSES, good health, and some good weather would be nice this trip.

I am going to improve my envelope system after seeing these.

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker Free Disney Tickers

I have decided that I am not going to wait 5 years between trips. I will start saving as soon as I return from my trip so that I can go again in 2014.

Magic Mirror's picture

awesome That's the Disney Spirit PirateGirl! yay

Allie's picture

Jess wrote:
Allie wrote:
Jess wrote:
PirateGirl wrote:
Jess wrote:

My only complaint about it is why would Disney ever even consider putting it's a small world as their hold music....And it felt like i was on hold forever.

So true! laugh We got POC music last time I called and I was very grateful!

yay clapping
We are finally down to single digit day!!! Now if only our grandson would hurry up and arrive before we leave. Our children seem to have a "thing" about having babies right around our trips! I am sure most of you remember we had to change our April trip to May due to our grand daughter being due the week we were to be on vacation. Then we did end up missing the Christening in May.

Kris1971's picture

banana banana yeah banana banana

Hooray for Single Digit Day!!!!

Jess's picture

Hooray... We are in single digit days then tomorrow Smile

disneydoc's picture

yes.. hooray for single digits, and grandbabies too. mickey

Magic Mirror's picture

Whoohooooooo! So many great things happening! muchlove

MrHub's picture

Okay, it's 7 days before we leave for WDW yay clapping yay clapping banana banana

Still no Mickey Mail

I called last week and here's the scoop:
1) If you book a room only (to get the best discount) & 2) don't purchase a meal plan (because you have Tables in Wonderland) & 3) your not using Magical Express (because you drive to WDW), YOU DON'T GET ANY FREAKING MICKEY MAIL!

Angry

The cast member i talked to was really nice about it, and even said he would see what he could do , and would try and have something sent, but I don't think it's going to happen................................. ho hum........................nobody loves us.......................nobody cares.........................................

Okay, scrappy and I both got clogged ears, I have an ear ache, we've been fighting colds for over a week and yes by god I just want to feel sorry for myself and this really stinks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Whew! Got that out, now I feel a little bit better!

Now I have to go to the doctor.

angels444's picture

You should be over it in 7 days. You will have it done and out of the way before you leave crossfingers clapping

Better at home then Disney anyways. Home is the best place when you don't feel good.

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker Free Disney Tickers

Mase's picture

I was sick almost a month ago and with my treatments... didnt know if I would still be sick by the time we went. Im finally seeing the light. Still a bit congested... but much better. Hope you get feeling better. I had the worst ear infection... they definitely stink... sad

Get better both of ya

- 2013 Trip Report!
- My Int3ractiv3 Trip R3port '12 - CLICK HERE!
[url='http://www.wdwforgrownups.com/forum/pick-mases-dinner-disney']- My Interactive Trip Report '11[/url]

Kris1971's picture

Feel better soon Scrappy, MrHub, and Mase! I had it this week too. Just now starting to feel better!

finngirl's picture

At least your germs were considerate and attacked before you left. laugh

Get better soon - no sickness allowed at WDW.

Diana

Time marches on. Eventually you realize it's doing it across your face.

Horray for single digit days for scrappy, hubs, Mase and Jess!!!! Now get better in < 9 days!!!!

Bummer about no Mickey mail dang it!

Magic Mirror's picture

Get well fast! Puzzled

DisneyDee27's picture

Yay for single digits, grand babies, mickey mail, cute envelopes and APs.
Boo for sickness and lack of mickey mail.
I hope you all have a great time. mickey
I'm looking forward to your Webcam videos too awesome

Member of the 6 castle club and working to pay for my next Disney vacations: 1/5-10/18, September 2018 for my 50th and 2018 the year of Disney cruising.

disneydoc's picture

So I have never received Mickey Mail, because I have stayed off property. But when I stay DVC, will I get it? That would be so fun. mickey Little things are just about as exciting as big things when it comes to Disney.

Sorry doc, no Mickey mail when you stay DVC either. You will get a letter confirming your reservation but they are not as colorful or fun as regular Mickey mail. That will also come right after you make your reservations. However, they have now started sending a cute thank you note after you get home. Our last DVC stay was the first time we got one when staying DVC.

clapping yay clapping yay
You are now at that wonderful ONE day to go mark!!!
We are now at 6 days before we leave and still waiting for the baby.

I just KNOW the Florida sunshine will heal you all!!!!

Julie

Faith, Trust and Pixie Dust

Becca1005

crossfingers crossfingers Hope you all feel better and that grandbaby makes his or her appearance soon! biggrin

MrHub's picture

From my iPhone !