Your least known Disney tips

Login to post comments
74 posts / 0 new
dsoup's picture
Offline
Joined: 07/11/2008
Posts: 2884

I've never tried the banana tip. I'm pretty good with most of the stomach-turners for one ride, but we've gotten quite sick by riding EE or Space Mountain multiple times in a row.

Lizzy_B's picture
Offline
Joined: 10/25/2010
Posts: 3246

TDGar wrote:
cdub wrote:
TDGar, parades typically start over by Splash Mountain, right? Or do they finish there?

mrhub wrote:
Well cdub, I know the MNSSH parade starts over by Splash Mountain and several other do too because we have been caught there waiting to get through to Adventure Land.

Lizzy_B wrote:
Yes, typically start over there, and end at the front of the park. I too have gotten stuck more than once Smile

Hey guys! Sorry I haven't posted back in a while, just got done with finals week!! yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay But the only time that parades start at Splash Mountain is when it's raining or there is a really really strong chance that it will sometime during the parade. This is because theres a slight uphill on the parade route (when coming from Main Street) and during rain, floats can't make it up! Any other time, the parade will start on Main Street!

That being said, I've never saw the Halloween or Christmas Party parades so they might start at Splash Mountain! I am only referring to ELP and Celebrate a Dream Come True!

Really? I could've sworn the afternoon parade - whatever the name du jour is - ends at the front, and goes out the little door by the Barber Shop...

__________________

Pegosaurus's picture
Offline
Joined: 11/12/2010
Posts: 467

Ooo that banana tip is good. I don't normally get sick off rides, but Mission: Space did make me feel pretty nauseous, so maybe I will try a banana next time.

My friend is going to Disney World for the first time with her boyfriend and wanted some tips off me, so I've just written a list...and it's accidentally ended up nearly 4 pages long :-S oops!!! I had to force myself to stop at that point! I hope I haven't overwhelmed her!

__________________

[url='http://www.mickeypath.com/']

[/url]

Tony's picture
Offline
Joined: 12/23/2009
Posts: 1260

Are you going to share them? Maybe admin could use them on the website.

__________________

I can only please one person per day. Today isn't your day... tomorrow doesn't look good either.

Pegosaurus's picture
Offline
Joined: 11/12/2010
Posts: 467

I could share them, that's totally fine of course. However, as I said they are tips for my friend who is a Disney World beginner so I'd imagine the people using this board will already know them all! That's the only reason I didn't post them on here - I'm not withholding any tips that I don't think most people on this forum will already know! I can't imagine info and tips for a beginner being of much interest to the Disney pro's here silly

__________________

[url='http://www.mickeypath.com/']

[/url]

katrina1122's picture
Offline
Joined: 12/08/2010
Posts: 427

Pegosaurus wrote:
I could share them, that's totally fine of course. However, as I said they are tips for my friend who is a Disney World beginner so I'd imagine the people using this board will already know them all! That's the only reason I didn't post them on here - I'm not withholding any tips that I don't think most people on this forum will already know! I can't imagine info and tips for a beginner being of much interest to the Disney pro's here silly

Beginers use this site too I'm sure, plus it's always good to have lists even if they ar reminders.

__________________

Wishin' I was at WDW!

TDGar's picture
Offline
Joined: 12/06/2010
Posts: 34

Lizzy_B wrote:
TDGar wrote:
cdub wrote:
TDGar, parades typically start over by Splash Mountain, right? Or do they finish there?

mrhub wrote:
Well cdub, I know the MNSSH parade starts over by Splash Mountain and several other do too because we have been caught there waiting to get through to Adventure Land.

Lizzy_B wrote:
Yes, typically start over there, and end at the front of the park. I too have gotten stuck more than once Smile

Hey guys! Sorry I haven't posted back in a while, just got done with finals week!! yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay But the only time that parades start at Splash Mountain is when it's raining or there is a really really strong chance that it will sometime during the parade. This is because theres a slight uphill on the parade route (when coming from Main Street) and during rain, floats can't make it up! Any other time, the parade will start on Main Street!

That being said, I've never saw the Halloween or Christmas Party parades so they might start at Splash Mountain! I am only referring to ELP and Celebrate a Dream Come True!

Really? I could've sworn the afternoon parade - whatever the name du jour is - ends at the front, and goes out the little door by the Barber Shop...

Nope! Only on a rainy day! My job was Parade Audience Control, so I'm very familiar with this! lol It was a pain sometimes too!

Lizzy_B's picture
Offline
Joined: 10/25/2010
Posts: 3246

Hmmm...okay mickey

__________________

Mirrasi's picture
Offline
Joined: 08/17/2011
Posts: 53

Would you say baby centers are out if your youngest is 5 years old? My son has fears of unknown toilets, especially Disneys because they are loud, full of people, and auto flush. If I could take him to a quieter toilet it would be amazing.

I also saw you can microwave small things in the for kiddos would be awesome.

But I'm not sure if him being 5 would be too big and result in dirty looks, lol

DVC Mom's picture
Offline
Joined: 08/13/2011
Posts: 157

Mirrasi wrote:
Would you say baby centers are out if your youngest is 5 years old?

I think 5 is still pretty small and that it would be fine. You do what you have to do, and if a busy potty is going to freak him out, then by all means take him where he will be comfortable!

__________________

JoAnn C's picture
Offline
Joined: 05/20/2011
Posts: 6712

Most of you probably already know this but I'll put it out here anyway.

If you are visiting WDW toward the end of the year, keep out an eye for when they start putting out the next year's dated merchandise. The current year will be marked down.

I was there the week before Thanksgiving. Toward the end of the week the 2011 merchandise was out at Everything Pop. I bought a 2010 sweatshirt that had been marked down. I can't remember the exact price but I want to say the sweatshirt was originally $45 and I got it for around $20.

This may also apply to dated merchandise for special events. I was there the last weekend of the F&W Festival. I didn't notice any clearance merchandise but I wasn't looking either. I will look for it this year.

__________________

DIStickers.com Ticker

DIStickers.com Ticker

DIStickers.com Ticker

DIStickers.com Ticker

Lizzy_B's picture
Offline
Joined: 10/25/2010
Posts: 3246

JoAnn C wrote:
Most of you probably already know this but I'll put it out here anyway.

If you are visiting WDW toward the end of the year, keep out an eye for when they start putting out the next year's dated merchandise. The current year will be marked down.

I was there the week before Thanksgiving. Toward the end of the week the 2011 merchandise was out at Everything Pop. I bought a 2010 sweatshirt that had been marked down. I can't remember the exact price but I want to say the sweatshirt was originally $45 and I got it for around $20.

This may also apply to dated merchandise for special events. I was there the last weekend of the F&W Festival. I didn't notice any clearance merchandise but I wasn't looking either. I will look for it this year.

Ooh - good tip, JoAnn!

Mirrasi wrote:
Would you say baby centers are out if your youngest is 5 years old? My son has fears of unknown toilets, especially Disneys because they are loud, full of people, and auto flush. If I could take him to a quieter toilet it would be amazing.

I also saw you can microwave small things in the for kiddos would be awesome.

But I'm not sure if him being 5 would be too big and result in dirty looks, lol

I think it would be fine. The CMs who man the Baby Centers are always really nice, in my experience, and more than happy to help. It also seems that everyone in there is mostly concerned with their own affairs, so wouldn't expect anyone to give you an askance glance. They are a perfect oasis in a sea of people! This is still my favorite Disney find!

__________________

Offline
Joined: 02/10/2011
Posts: 597

We bought some things at the end of the flower and garden festival last year and were pleasantly surprised when they all rang up at least half off. They stop putting new things out a week before, so what's out is all they have left.

__________________

Julie

Faith, Trust and Pixie Dust