1952 / Tomorrowland Movie

Login to post comments
35 posts / 0 new
Kristen K.'s picture
1952 / Tomorrowland Movie

http://www.wdwforgrownups.com/articles/mysterious-1952-disney-movie-project-renamed-tomorrowland

I'm kind of excited about this one. Have you heard of Tomorrowland? What are your thoughts?

The Cookie Crumbler's picture

I previously mentioned a theory that it could be an alt-future "what if" world in which Epcot had proceeded as originally planned. But more realistically I think it will be a sort of bio-pic involving the creation of the parks and the history of Disney imagineering.

Fellow Americans, I hear your tambourines inside my head and that's no lie!

Ponkool4's picture

I'm really excited! I love the idea of movies based off of features in Disney parks. Pirates of the Caribbean is a great example of a successful movie franchise inspired by an attraction. Hopefully Tommorowland will be good too.

Next WDW trip: May 19-27, 2013

Kristen K.'s picture

I just learned this morning that Hugh Laurie has signed on to be the Villain in this movie!

Allie's picture

Kristen K. wrote:
I just learned this morning that Hugh Laurie has signed on to be the Villain in this movie!

LOVE! muchlove muchlove muchlove

Kristen K.'s picture

Looks like filming of this is set to begin in August!

http://adf.ly/830863/banner/http://geektyrant.com/news/2013/3/12/brad-bird-to-shoot-tomorrowland-in-august.html

Kristen K.'s picture

Great teases and information coming out of D23 about this new movie!
They released an app to help get fans up to speed with everything that's been going on!

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/tomorrowland-d23-2013-disney/id684585068?mt=8

The Watchmaker's picture

Kinda reviving this thread here..Just watched a clip of this fim on Disney Fanatic.Com...Starring George Clooney..It looks very good. Is there anybody out there heard anymore apart from the release date of May next year.. confused

Kristen K.'s picture

Here's the new teaser trailer and the boilerplate the studio sent me yesterday. I totally need one of these pins. wink

https://

OFFICIAL BOILERPLATE:

"From Disney comes two-time Oscar(r) winner Brad Bird's "Tomorrowland," a riveting mystery adventure starring Academy Award(r) winner George Clooney. Bound by a shared destiny, former boy-genius Frank (Clooney), jaded by disillusionment, and Casey (Britt Robertson), a bright, optimistic teen bursting with scientific curiosity, embark on a danger-filled mission to unearth the secrets of an enigmatic place somewhere in time and space known only as "Tomorrowland." What they must do there changes the world"and them"forever.

Featuring a screenplay by "Lost" writer and co-creator Damon Lindelof and Brad Bird, from a story by Lindelof & Bird & Jeff Jensen, "Tomorrowland" promises to take audiences on a thrill ride of nonstop adventures through new dimensions that have only been dreamed of.

The film also stars Hugh Laurie as brilliant scientist David Nix, Raffey Cassidy, Tim McGraw, Judy Greer, Kathryn Hahn, Keegan-Michael Key and Thomas Robinson.

"Tomorrowland" is produced by Damon Lindelof, Brad Bird and Jeffrey Chernov and directed by Brad Bird, with John Walker, Brigham Taylor, Jeff Jensen and Bernard Bellew serving as executive producers. "Tomorrowland" opens in U.S. theaters on May 22, 2015."

The Watchmaker's picture

Kristen K. wrote:
Here's the new teaser trailer and the boilerplate the studio sent me yesterday. I totally need one of these pins. wink

https://

OFFICIAL BOILERPLATE:

"From Disney comes two-time Oscar(r) winner Brad Bird's "Tomorrowland," a riveting mystery adventure starring Academy Award(r) winner George Clooney. Bound by a shared destiny, former boy-genius Frank (Clooney), jaded by disillusionment, and Casey (Britt Robertson), a bright, optimistic teen bursting with scientific curiosity, embark on a danger-filled mission to unearth the secrets of an enigmatic place somewhere in time and space known only as "Tomorrowland." What they must do there changes the world"and them"forever.

Featuring a screenplay by "Lost" writer and co-creator Damon Lindelof and Brad Bird, from a story by Lindelof & Bird & Jeff Jensen, "Tomorrowland" promises to take audiences on a thrill ride of nonstop adventures through new dimensions that have only been dreamed of.

The film also stars Hugh Laurie as brilliant scientist David Nix, Raffey Cassidy, Tim McGraw, Judy Greer, Kathryn Hahn, Keegan-Michael Key and Thomas Robinson.

"Tomorrowland" is produced by Damon Lindelof, Brad Bird and Jeffrey Chernov and directed by Brad Bird, with John Walker, Brigham Taylor, Jeff Jensen and Bernard Bellew serving as executive producers. "Tomorrowland" opens in U.S. theaters on May 22, 2015."

Another pin on my list..Cheers Kristen... awesome

crazycatperson's picture

This looks super cool. Definitely going to make my movie list for next spring.

alicemouse's picture

Most intriguing

Be good at something. It makes you valuable. Have something to bring to the table because that will make you more welcome. --Randy Pausch

Find me on Facebook

Trip Reports:
December 2013: 10th Anniversary, 1st DVC Stay | April 2014: Birthday on the Boardwalk | May 2014: Star Wars Weekend, Navigating WDW with a wheelchair | August 2014: Villains Unleashed | September/October 2014: MNSSHP, F&W, Tower of Terror 10-miler | March/April 2015: Disneyland and California Coastal Cruise | November 2015: Wine & Dine Half, Food & Wine, 1st Disney Cruise | February 2016: Presidential Classic Gymnastics Meet | March 2016: "Work" Trip, Tours, F&G Festival | April 2016: Conference at Disneyland | Fall 2016: Festive Fall Fun | January 2017: Festival of the Arts | May 2017: AbD Backstage Magic | July 2017: AbD San Francisco | Sorry I had to give up doing trip reports. Too many time commitments right now.

MrHub's picture

Just saw Tomorrowland! Pretty awesome.

PreviewAttachmentSize
image.jpg
image.jpg49.43 KB
alicemouse's picture

MrHub wrote:

Ummm...did they give you a pin at the theater??!!

Be good at something. It makes you valuable. Have something to bring to the table because that will make you more welcome. --Randy Pausch

Find me on Facebook

Trip Reports:
December 2013: 10th Anniversary, 1st DVC Stay | April 2014: Birthday on the Boardwalk | May 2014: Star Wars Weekend, Navigating WDW with a wheelchair | August 2014: Villains Unleashed | September/October 2014: MNSSHP, F&W, Tower of Terror 10-miler | March/April 2015: Disneyland and California Coastal Cruise | November 2015: Wine & Dine Half, Food & Wine, 1st Disney Cruise | February 2016: Presidential Classic Gymnastics Meet | March 2016: "Work" Trip, Tours, F&G Festival | April 2016: Conference at Disneyland | Fall 2016: Festive Fall Fun | January 2017: Festival of the Arts | May 2017: AbD Backstage Magic | July 2017: AbD San Francisco | Sorry I had to give up doing trip reports. Too many time commitments right now.

MrHub's picture

alicemouse wrote:
MrHub wrote:

Yup! Didn't know they were giving them out.

alicemouse's picture

MrHub wrote:
alicemouse wrote:
MrHub wrote:

Yup! Didn't know they were giving them out.

That's awesome!! I feel like that's not going to happen here when I go tomorrow... silly

Find me on Facebook

Trip Reports:

93boomer's picture

MrHub wrote:

Not fair!! We didn't get one today!! sad It was a pretty awesome movie though!!!! awesome

Magic Mirror's picture

Loved the movie!!!! Awesome!!! but - no pin sad

alicemouse's picture

No pin for us either...Boomer and MM, did you go to a Regal? That's where Benn's cousin got his pin. We went to R/C, but apparently that doesn't stand for Regal Cinema. Not sure if we were at the wrong theater or if it was an opening night thing. I would have thought that they'd be doing it at AMC.

Find me on Facebook

Trip Reports:

JMed's picture

I've gotta have one of those pins! Hope they have them in the parks!!!

"I do not like the cone of shame."

"I want adventure in the great wide somewhere. I want it more than I can tell."

"It seems to me that we have a lot of story yet to tell."

Jennifer Huotari | Create Your Badge

The Huotari's Disney Adventures | Promote Your Page Too

93boomer's picture

alicemouse wrote:
No pin for us either...Boomer and MM, did you go to a Regal? That's where Benn's cousin got his pin. We went to R/C, but apparently that doesn't stand for Regal Cinema. Not sure if we were at the wrong theater or if it was an opening night thing. I would have thought that they'd be doing it at AMC.

Yep went to Regal.

MrHub's picture

We did go to a Regal were we got our pin.

JMed's picture

I am SOOOOOOO late to this party. I finally watched the movie this morning. Yes, today. LOL

I'm not a theater person and I purchased the movie a couple of months ago and finally sat down to watch it before my hectic day "off" starts.

I loved it! Do any of you think there will be another one. I really hope so after seeing all the people in the field

"I do not like the cone of shame."

"I want adventure in the great wide somewhere. I want it more than I can tell."

"It seems to me that we have a lot of story yet to tell."

Jennifer Huotari | Create Your Badge

The Huotari's Disney Adventures | Promote Your Page Too

Kristen K.'s picture

JMed wrote:
I am SOOOOOOO late to this party. I finally watched the movie this morning. Yes, today. LOL

I'm not a theater person and I purchased the movie a couple of months ago and finally sat down to watch it before my hectic day "off" starts.

I loved it! Do any of you think there will be another one. I really hope so after seeing all the people in the field

LOL - I was *so* excited about it and I still haven't seen it. I'll have to look and see if I can get it on demand.

Sid Man's picture

Unfortunately, it didn't work well in the various markets - people didn't 'get' the movie, so despite the presence of George Clooney, it's unlikely they'll be making another Tomorrowland movie.

It's a shame - I enjoyed the movie.

Yes, that's me in the profile pic...kudos for guessing the movie...

Find me on Facebook

JoAnn C's picture

I stayed home from work today. I watched it this afternoon. I really liked it.

We really liked it too! Not gonna lie...it made me tear up pretty heavily.

Kris1971's picture

I loved it!

Kristen K.'s picture

yay yay yay

I finally watched this and I LOVED IT!!

Oh my god - why did this not do better in the theaters, it was awesome. Totally reminded me of The Rocketeer, which is another one of my favorite. It had an amazing message, there was nothing wrong with the acting, it moved right along, and it was fun! It may have been one of the best live action family films I've seen in years.

Sid Man wrote:
people didn't 'get' the movie

Which is entirely explained *in* the movie! Crazy.

I'm going to chalk this one up to another HUGE failure with how they marketed the movie. They keep getting these great scripts and fine actors, but somehow have completely lost the ability to market a live action film.

Being on the Walt Disney Motion Pictures press email list, I can see the differences. I know how much they push the animated features on the Mom Bloggers and the way that they build hype before hand with fun stuff and word of mouth. They go all out for that. They fall way short at this when it comes to the live action. For some reason they can't seem to put the same principles in place to market to teens and adults. I just don't understand.

This movie was AWESOME, it made me want to give a copy to everyone I know. But then, us dreamers need to stick together.

MrHub's picture

I loved the movie as well Kristen. I've watched it about 10 times already. I keep finding new things in the movie too!

Sid Man's picture

Ach...three times I started something on the ineptitude of the marketing department on Disney's last three live-action 'failures' and three times I've had to delete it! >_<

Suffice to say, the marketing department is obviously not staffed by dreamers but bottom line counters! (Apologies to any of those who do work in Disney's marketing department. You're here, so still a dreamer! Laughing out loud)

Yes, that's me in the profile pic...kudos for guessing the movie...

Find me on Facebook