2011 Food and Wine Festival

Login to post comments
25 posts / 0 new
Disney David's picture
2011 Food and Wine Festival

Just heard this in the rumor mill Smile

The theme is "Passport to a World of Flavors" and there are at least three new marketplaces:

Scandinavia

Caribbean Islands

Hawaii

Disney David

Jess's picture

The more and more you guys keep talking about it the more and more I think I would like to try it some day

JustCar's picture

It's AMAZING

Oct 2009 POP
Sept 2011 POP
Oct 2013 Coronado
May 2014 AKL , Magic, AoA Girlie Trip
Oct 2014 CBR Pirate Room Girlie Trip
Nov 2014 DCL Fantasy 7 Night Eastern Caribbean, Girlie Trip, POR Royal Guest Suite, GF Concierge
August 2015 DCL Magic 7 Night Mediterranean
October 2015 DL Grand Californian, DCL Wonder Panama Canal

https://www.facebook.com/MsBubbles
https://www.facebook.com/MVTRavel

JustCar's picture

It's AMAZING

Oct 2009 POP
Sept 2011 POP
Oct 2013 Coronado
May 2014 AKL , Magic, AoA Girlie Trip
Oct 2014 CBR Pirate Room Girlie Trip
Nov 2014 DCL Fantasy 7 Night Eastern Caribbean, Girlie Trip, POR Royal Guest Suite, GF Concierge
August 2015 DCL Magic 7 Night Mediterranean
October 2015 DL Grand Californian, DCL Wonder Panama Canal

https://www.facebook.com/MsBubbles
https://www.facebook.com/MVTRavel

Brad's picture

Jess wrote:
The more and more you guys keep talking about it the more and more I think I would like to try it some day

Probably the best event that they do.

David, I hadn't heard that rumor. That sounds great if it's true.

Disney David's picture

Brad wrote:
Jess wrote:

Brad wrote:
Jess wrote:

It does sound good...
Love thinking about the possibilites...

Pineapple...Coconut...Jerk Chicken...Scandinavian Chocolate...and Oh, yeah...rum!...

What else are these regions known for food-wise?

My wife told me the rumor...said she heard it from an interview with a Disney person in a podcast...

F&WF makes my year, every year...
It's a little pricy sometimes, but I just plan for it.
Dishes are around $5-$6 and wine/beer around $6-$8...for me, it usually takes 3-4 of each and then a dessert and I'm good...so I plan on $50-$60 per walk around the lagoon.
And it is soooo yummy, and everyone is always in such a good mood there for F&WF every year...lotsa locals and longer lines on Fri. and Sat, though...

Catherine's picture

Ah, I wish I could go!

JoAnn C's picture

That would be awesome. I can't wait to go. I have the deluxe dining plan this year so I'll have twice as many snack credits for tasting treats.

WyckedPhoenix's picture

I'm really looking forward to this! I am hoping to save up my snack credits to use on our last day. Is there a list out or a website that has all the information for this year?

*Jennifer Lynn* NDW #38

Check out my blog at Jennifer's Disney Adventures

Skunk's picture

WyckedPhoenix wrote:
I'm really looking forward to this! I am hoping to save up my snack credits to use on our last day. Is there a list out or a website that has all the information for this year?

Details usually start coming out June to early August.

bali's picture

Disney Food Blog usually has the most up-to-date information. This year's menus aren't out yet, but you can see pictures of the food from all the booths last year here.

The 2011 information will be updated here: 2011 Epcot Food and Wine Festival

May 2008 CSR mickey

Bella's picture

Yum, yum, yum. I was glad to see that on the DFB today! If the booth is ANYTHING like Ohana or Kona we are all in for a treat!

I bet they will have some Aulani information handy don't you?

mickey Bella

Brad's picture

Bella wrote:

I wonder how much that factored into their decision. Disney is all about marketing.

mandyandriley's picture

Brad wrote:
Bella wrote:

I wonder how much that factored into their decision. Disney is all about marketing.

Oh, for sure!!

[url='http://www.mickeypath.com/']

[/url]

Bella's picture

Brad wrote:

I'm not going to say it is the only reason that they did it..but I bet it is like 95% of the reason why.

mickey Bella

Brad's picture

Bella wrote:
I'm not going to say it is the only reason that they did it..but I bet it is like 95% of the reason why.

I've actually wondered how they decide the booths in the first place. A lot of thought must go into it, but I've never read about the decision making process.

Bella's picture

Brad wrote:
Bella wrote:

I've actually wondered how they decide the booths in the first place. A lot of thought must go into it, but I've never read about the decision making process.

That'd be interesting to research that and write about it. Not me because I don't have that long of an attention span.

mickey Bella

ChipnDaleFan's picture

I would love to go to this! Can't take off of teaching though midyear! Maybe one year it will fall during our semi 4 day weekend...it would be soooo nice!

Grovesnor offsite '93 ~ Port Orleans '94 ~ Port Orleans '95 ~ Caribbean Beach '97~ Carribbean Beach '99 ~ Caribbean Beach '00 ~ Offsite '02~ Caribbean Beach '08 ~ Port Orleans French Quarter '10 ~ Dolphin/Hilton '12-~All Star Sports '16

JoAnn C's picture

Is anyone planning on signing up for any of the special events at this year's F&W Festival? I am planning on signing up for the Italy Food and Wine Pairing. I will be writing a review of the event for Disney Food Blog.

Lizzy_B's picture

JoAnn C wrote:
Is anyone planning on signing up for any of the special events at this year's F&W Festival? I am planning on signing up for the Italy Food and Wine Pairing. I will be writing a review of the event for Disney Food Blog.

I'm not, but I wish I were! We won't have our passes at that time. But I will DEFINITELY look forward to reading your guest spot on DFB! That's terrific!

Bella's picture

Lizzy_B wrote:
JoAnn C wrote:

I'm not, but I wish I were! We won't have our passes at that time. But I will DEFINITELY look forward to reading your guest spot on DFB! That's terrific!

That is awesome! How did you get that gig??

And yum...the event alone sounds delicious.

mickey Bella

JoAnn C's picture

Bella wrote:
Lizzy_B wrote:
JoAnn C wrote:

That is awesome! How did you get that gig??

And yum...the event alone sounds delicious.

A.J posted an update to the festival and I mentioned I was thinking about signing up for the event. She commented back that she wanted to hear about it or something like that. So I volunteered to write a review for her.

Txrayado's picture

My fiance and i were there for the f&wf last year and loved... she enjoyed all the food and i enjoyed the all the different beers... we will once again be making our way around the lagoon during the festival... this time we will give it 2 days... instead of shoving every country into one day clapping

Bella's picture

Txrayado wrote:
My fiance and i were there for the f&wf last year and loved... she enjoyed all the food and i enjoyed the all the different beers... we will once again be making our way around the lagoon during the festival... this time we will give it 2 days... instead of shoving every country into one day clapping

So true..even when it's NOT Food and Wine Fest we need at least two days to eat and drink our way around the world...so many options to choose from!

mickey Bella

Skunk's picture

Chocolate lava cake is back!!

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2011-epcot-food-and-wine-festival-marketplace-booths-and-menus/