2013 Disney "Moms" Panel Search

Login to post comments
46 posts / 0 new
Kristen K.'s picture
2013 Disney "Moms" Panel Search

So it seems that the search for Disney's 2013 Mom's Panel will begin again in September! I decided that I won't be applying this year, I just don't have the open time in my schedule anymore to volunteer for them. Will you be turning in an application this year?

senseicj's picture

I was thinking about it i did last year and then got a new job so i could not go through with it, but now i have breaks in the day where i can spend time answering the questions and take the trip out there

"You're dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
--Walt Disney--

[url='http://www.mickeypath.com/']

[/url]

Hardy0109's picture

Since you have done it before Kristen, I'm just wondering, how much time do you need to put in? My mom is stay at home but still has four kids (only one left out of school right now, he's three). She loves DIsney and I could definitely see her applying.

omnia mea mecum porto.

@byhardy on twitter.

Kristen K.'s picture

So, the time varies for everyone depending on their skills. It involves a lot of reading/researching/writing and last year my understanding last year was that it would be about 20 hours a week. I think they have a minimum number or responses to make, not a minimum number of hours, so you work at your own pace. It seems to me that I came up with that number from talking to a Panelist and that's what they told me they were spending. In addition to that, you need to be available for the training session, which is usually the first or second week in December at WDW.

senseicj's picture

Kristen K. wrote:
So, the time varies for everyone depending on their skills. It involves a lot of reading/researching/writing and last year my understanding last year was that it would be about 20 hours a week. I think they have a minimum number or responses to make, not a minimum number of hours, so you work at your own pace. It seems to me that I came up with that number from talking to a Panelist and that's what they told me they were spending. In addition to that, you need to be available for the training session, which is usually the first or second week in December at WDW.

ya i think it was 30 responses a week and i want to say like 10 days or so in early december

"You're dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
--Walt Disney--

[url='http://www.mickeypath.com/']

[/url]

The Cookie Crumbler's picture

Kristen K. wrote:

That's quite a commitment! It's nice to know that are people who enjoy helping others get the most out of their vacations so much that they donate their time and energy like this. muchlove

Fellow Americans, I hear your tambourines inside my head and that's no lie!

Jess's picture

do they pay for your disney trip?

Kristen K.'s picture

Jess wrote:

Yes, the Disney Training trip is paid for. It's my understanding that it is the only compensation though.

Jess's picture

Kristen K. wrote:
Jess wrote:

Yes, the Disney Training trip is paid for. It's my understanding that it is the only compensation though.

That would be so worth it Smile

I've been thinking about applying this year but what concerned me was the travelling out to WDW. You say they pay for the training trip - is that flights and accomodation?Even if you live outside the USA? What about dining? Do they pay for any subsequent trips of offer any discounts? I thought you might have to commit to X amount of trips during your time on the panel and financially I would never be able to afford that! I'm not sure I could even get all the time off work to take so many trips lol!

Do they only pay for the panellist? What about SO and family?

[url='http://salocainwonderland.blogspot.com']Saloca in Wonderland[/url] <--- blog!

Hardy0109's picture

The only question I can answer out of that is yes, you can take your immediate family. However, I think you can only take three guests from your family.I'm not positive, but I think I read that somewhere.

omnia mea mecum porto.

@byhardy on twitter.

Kristen K.'s picture

campbell87 wrote:
I've been thinking about applying this year but what concerned me was the travelling out to WDW. You say they pay for the training trip - is that flights and accomodation?Even if you live outside the USA? What about dining? Do they pay for any subsequent trips of offer any discounts? I thought you might have to commit to X amount of trips during your time on the panel and financially I would never be able to afford that! I'm not sure I could even get all the time off work to take so many trips lol!

Um... Wow! I don't really have answers to those questions.

Kristen K. wrote:
campbell87 wrote:

Um... Wow! I don't really have answers to those questions.

No worries, I'm too inquisitive for my own good lol!

[url='http://salocainwonderland.blogspot.com']Saloca in Wonderland[/url] <--- blog!

I am interested in applying. What types of attributes do they look for in a candidate? We are annual pass holders and visit Disney approximately twice a month. I know they have different topics they post on but are they only looking for two panelist on international travel and sports? We are a Disney family! My husband and I honey-mooned at Disney (It was my husband's first time at Disney), all my children's first trip was at 3 months, I have planned 2 birthday parties (Neverland Club -Tinker bell birthday party and Boardwalk -Alice in wonderland birthday party) for my girls, We have been to the disney resort in South Carolina Hilton Head and stay at Disney's Vero Beach every labor day. Our annual Disney trip is Thanksgiving weekend! This year we sailed on a Disney cruise to the Bahamas on the Disney DREAM to celebrate the girls' birthday! I am also a runner and have completed two Disney 1/2 marathons and will be running my first Disney MARATHON this January! I typically help plan all of my friends and family's Disney trips. They like to call me Tour Guide Barbie! I believe I would be a great addition to this panel! Any advice you can give to help me stand out would be great!

Thanks!

Welcome! clapping

I am assuming you are local if you visit twice a month? We are too, we need to connect, as we have ALOT in common! I can't help much with the Mom's panel, although like you I have been told I should apply because of my love of Disney and all our experience.

We live just north of Tampa in Land O Lakes, where are you? We also go to Disney at least twice a month during the school year, more in the summer as we are both teachers.
My husband is running the half marathon in Jan. He used to run the full but can't since back surgery 6 yrs ago.

We considered ourselves Disney experts, but have learned SO much on this site, the people are super friendly and there is still more to learn about Disney! We are still discovering new things after having annual passes for 12 yrs! You will love this site and it's great being able to share the Disney love!

Julie

Faith, Trust and Pixie Dust

Kristen K.'s picture

They will be looking for more than just those two positions. Last year however you had to declare you specialty (which was new) I went for DVC, there was WDW, Disneyland, Disney Cruise, Run Disney, Adventures by Disney as well. The first round consists of three short essay questions that you need to answer. At least that's what it has been in the past. Second round (for those who make it) is more essay and a video. Third round (again for those who make it) is a phone interview. I've never made it past the first round.

No one really understands what they want, but there are a few things that help. Most of all your writing needs to be immaculate. No spelling or grammar errors, period end of discussion. Secondly they really seem to want to get a feeling for your personality. They don't want canned, planned responses, or ones that sound like marketing brochures. They people I know who write like ad copy, have not made it through. What makes one person make it an another not? It's all very mystical, Disney doesn't really share that information. I know lots of very friendly, worthy, wonderful, Disney-Smart people who haven't made it past the first round.

subvetss's picture

If the dads would only learn something about Disney World they might have a Dads Panel. Or maybe that would be yay yay politicly incorrect.
Joe

Kristen K.'s picture

There are several men on the "Moms" panel, I think 5 or 6 of them!

Thanks for the advice! I will apply and see what happens! Smile

Kristen K.'s picture

vyoerger wrote:
Thanks for the advice! I will apply and see what happens! Smile

Very cool! Good luck! Please let us know how your experience goes with it.

Kristen K.'s picture

Mom's Panel Applications Opened up This Morning!

You have until September 14th before they close it down to get your application in!

http://disneyworldforum.disney.go.com/recruiting/default.aspx?CMP=VAN-DPFY12Q4MomsPanel0001

Kristen K.'s picture

I just went to look at the questions, just to see what they were asking... I wasn't applying. Honest.
Then the next thing I knew I was typing, and researching, and I am such a sucker... after declaring that I wasn't going to do it again I turned in an application. crossfingers

TroyW's picture

awesome Good luck Kristen crossfingers

JoAnn C's picture

Kristen K. wrote:
I just went to look at the questions, just to see what they were asking... I wasn't applying. Honest.
Then the next thing I knew I was typing, and researching, and I am such a sucker... after declaring that I wasn't going to do it again I turned in an application. crossfingers

Curiosity got the best of me so I clicked on the link to see what the questions were. Well, since I had to answer the questions on page 1 to see what was on page 2, I went ahead and submitted an application myself.

Good luck. You have a much better shot than I do. It will be fun to see if I make it to the next round.

Good luck to the two of you! I logged in to see the questions as well. Never in my life did I think that knowing every line to "Daughters of Triton" would come in handy outside of pub trivia.

Edit to add: Gah! I accidentally submitted one. I just wanted to see all the questions that they have. Well, hopefully whoever has the task of scanning all these applications enjoys my joke answers.

MikeMc's picture

My wife is giving it a shot

www.jamboeveryone.com

Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

Kristen K.'s picture

JoAnn C wrote:
Curiosity got the best of me so I clicked on the link to see what the questions were. Well, since I had to answer the questions on page 1 to see what was on page 2, I went ahead and submitted an application myself.

The Cookie Crumbler wrote:
Edit to add: Gah! I accidentally submitted one. I just wanted to see all the questions that they have. Well, hopefully whoever has the task of scanning all these applications enjoys my joke answers.

That's how it got me too! Then is was half way done, so heck, why not hit submit. So funny. mickey

They're taking about 6,000 fewer applications this year than in previous years, and the application period is open for a shorter amount of time as well. I have no idea how that will effect anything, but it was interesting to me. I don't envy the folks that have to weed through 14,000 applications for only about 20 jobs. I assume that with the multiple choice questions a computer can do at least some of it.

Good Luck everyone! mickey

Vettelover's picture

Great, lets fill the panel with WDWFG members. awesome Good luck to all of you.

I hope they like my "how do you plan your vacation" answer of "by being cheap"

Kristen K.'s picture

rolling

Allie's picture

Good luck to all three of you! How long does the process usually take before you hear back?