25th Anniversary Trip Report Feb 2014

Login to post comments
42 posts / 0 new
JMed's picture

Great Report! I loved the pics! My camera is like my other child!!!!

"I do not like the cone of shame."

"I want adventure in the great wide somewhere. I want it more than I can tell."

"It seems to me that we have a lot of story yet to tell."

Jennifer Huotari | Create Your Badge

The Huotari's Disney Adventures | Promote Your Page Too

JoAnn C's picture

Great trip report. Can't wait to read more.

TNMedic's picture

OK for those that are interested here are the links to the pictures from Kilimanjaro Safari. There are a total of 141 of them broken into two groups. They are in two groups because there seems to be a limit of 125 per folder so I set up two folders.

These are located in my SkyDrive account, (now called OneDrive I believe) which is a Microsoft Cloud account so let me know how well this works for everyone.

As I said earlier the camera was set to continuous so there are series of shots that look very similar, almost stop action shots.

Link One: First Folder Click Here
Link Two: Second Folder Click Here

Medic

Ms.Mouse's picture

What a great trip! I am currently making all our plans for our 25th Wedding Anniversary as well. Glad to hear that the Dessert Party is good because we have reservations for that and we also have an ADR at Rose and Crowne! Love all the pics thanks for sharing! Just makes me wish the days would go faster so we can get there!

TNMedic's picture

We are glad that everyone is enjoying the trip report. Mrs. Medic and I have enjoyed re-living and reporting on our trip.

When it comes to the desert party that is one of the things I would definately pay to do again! Mrs. Medic, on the other hand, says she is not sure the desert party is a "must do again" activity. If I were given the opportunity to do it again I would absolutely not video the shows because it seems like work. (I shot video of both shows. The video is not great but we enjoy watching it.) We have a tripod and really wish we had taken it because it would have given us the ability to video the action without having to worry about it. (Not to mention the improved video quality.) I will share the video with anyone that wants to see it.

Mrs. Medic and I agree that Rose and Crown is a "must do again" we really enjoyed it. Be sure and try the Scotch Egg appetizer.

Allie's picture

MMMMMM Kobe Beef burger! And great Kilimanjaro photos!

Eeyore's picture

Great trip report! awesome

TNMedic's picture

Day 6

Back to Epcot!

Why you might ask well, we already had two days plus a little extra time in the Magic Kingdom, we only had one day plus a brief period in Epcot and we have yet to ride Test Track. On this day we have fast passes for test track and we can't remember what else.

We make the mandatory stop at the fountain view to remember how absolutely vile "Beverly" tastes.

Before heading for Test Track " Yeah we have ridden this ride before but it has obviously had some changes/upgrades. Still fun but not a huge favorite for us:

We then enjoy the morning, the weather has warmed to where jackets are no longer required. This is going to be a relaxed day. We felt we had accomplished all that we came to do and now we are in the unwind mode. We go on a hidden mickey search and of course the hidden mickey at Maelstrom is one of my favorites!

As we wander around we are trying to decide on a lunch spot. All morning Mrs. Medic has been saying she wants something different for lunch, the recurring theme from the trip. Initially she says no to both Germany, (been there done that) and Japan. Instead she says she wants to try Morocco. So we head for Morocco. Upon arrival Mrs. Medic decides against Morocco saying the food looks too heavy, so we wander. As we are nearing Japan, (recall it had been ruled out earlier by Mrs. Medic) she tries to surprise me by suggesting Sushi for lunch. Neither of us have ever had Sushi! Much to her surprise I say "Sure" let's go! The look on her face was priceless!

She is still not sure about eating Sushi as we walk up to the quick service and order one California Roll and One Vegetable Roll. After this experience Mrs. Medic and I agree on the Sushi, we didn't fall head over heels in love with it but neither of us hate it either. There was one moment of brevity that occurred when Mrs. Medic got a little too much Wasabi paste! She was frantically reaching for anything to help settle that strong flavor down!

After lunch it is time to listen to the Drum and Fife corp at:

Then as luck would have it the waiting line is fairly short at:

So we get another opportunity to ride Space! (Mrs. Medic is not thrilled but she goes along) the rest of the day and evening is unremarkable, people watching, photography etc. As you can tell from the pictures the sky was pristine and it made for a good day to just enjoy!

After our day at Epcot we head for Downtown Disney for some wandering and shopping fun.

JMed's picture

TNMedic wrote:
OK for those that are interested here are the links to the pictures from Kilimanjaro Safari. There are a total of 141 of them broken into two groups. They are in two groups because there seems to be a limit of 125 per folder so I set up two folders.

These are located in my SkyDrive account, (now called OneDrive I believe) which is a Microsoft Cloud account so let me know how well this works for everyone.

As I said earlier the camera was set to continuous so there are series of shots that look very similar, almost stop action shots.

Link One: First Folder Click Here
Link Two: Second Folder Click Here

Medic

the hubby and I have not done the safari the last 2 trips (opting for SEVERAL rides on Everest) It is a must on our list in November. Great pics!

"I do not like the cone of shame."

"I want adventure in the great wide somewhere. I want it more than I can tell."

"It seems to me that we have a lot of story yet to tell."

Jennifer Huotari | Create Your Badge

The Huotari's Disney Adventures | Promote Your Page Too

Allie wrote:
TNMedic wrote:
A word of caution, some readers may find this information frightening. Mrs. Medic will verify the contents of this posting because she witnessed everything I am reporting on here.

I am talking about the dreaded ES (Estrogen Swarm). We encountered several of these swarms while visiting Disney. For those that have never encountered an ES let me describe their origin and general characteristics. These swarms are found in higher concentrations following "cheer competitions". During the competition phase the swarms are occupied and typically not seen outside the competition area. It is the periods of time when the swarm has completed a phase of the competition and waiting for the next phase to begin when they can be the most dangerous.

There is typically one queen per swarm. Depending on the size of the swarm there may be several members of the queens court that are typically found scattered throughout the swarm that help to control the swarm. On rare occasion you may spot one or more males in the swarm, they appear to be miserable and are usually found in the back of the swarm and are used as pack animals.

Out of an abundance of caution we did all we could to avoid these swarms. We spoke with another Disney visitor about his encounter with a particularly invasive swarm. It seems that while in line for a snack he had noticed a couple of members of a swarm, recognized from their clothing colors, as these swarm members approached the counter to claim their snacks they secretly signalled the other members of the swarm. This caused the entire swarm to descend on the snack line having a significantly negative impact on the rest of the Disney visitors patiently waiting in line.

You may hear the chants of these swarms, please head the warning!

There was a cheerleading competition while we were there.

rolling laugh laugh laugh rolling

awesome laugh laugh Laughing out loud love the ES warning !!

LyssaJ1's picture

Excellent trip report! Loved all the photos Smile

As to "the Swarm"...we ran into that during our January trip...and I found myself wishing very un-Disney things upon them laugh

I still have yet to get a Dole Whip, but will definitely do so in August. We found out the sad way, that there were none outside of MK, so I was unable to acquire it during our February visit.

Thank you *so much* for sharing your trip with us!