$500 Million, Are you in?

Login to post comments
25 posts / 0 new
Kristen K.'s picture
$500 Million, Are you in?

So, I've got my dollars lined up to head over to the market today and buy in for my chance at the $500 Million lottery jackpot! I made a plan of action and as soon as my numbers are picked on Friday, I'll be moving to Golden Oaks! LoL!
Y'all can come down for my housewarming party.

So... how many of you have ponied up for the jackpot? Will you be moving to Golden Oaks? Will you be moving anywhere else too? My "home base" will probably end up being in Anaheim, with trips to WDW a couple times a month. LoL! What's your multi-millionaire plan?

crazycatperson's picture

We have a couple of tickets. Haven't made any plans yet, but I'm dreaming of winning it all.

My husband always says if we won the lottery we would move close to WDW, but I don't think we would. We would buy more of the land around us so we could have even fewer neighbors. Whats a 1,000 acres when you could have 2,000? We would tear down this old country home and build us something new, but not too big that family members would want to move in with us. laugh Then we would go to Disney every couple of months. Be home long enough to plan the next trip, because that is half the fun, get excited about going again, and packed to leave.

Vettelover's picture

Am I in? AM I IN?? Heck my tickets are bought and I have my lawyer,my financial adviser, my CPA/accountant AND my Golden Oaks real estate agent all on stand by for a meeting after I WIN. silly wink biggrin laugh

Melissa W's picture

Oh yes!!! We will definitely be buying a home in Golden Oaks! laugh

emmaanne's picture

If I can convince the hubby to drive to Tennessee (we are about 30 minutes south of the state line) then we will be getting some before 10pm tomorrow night! Alabama is a stupid state with no lottery!!! boo!

November 14-18, 2019 | All Star Movies

March 2-10, 2012 | Pop | Trip Report - http://www.wdwforgrownups.com/forum/ems-long-awaited-trip-report

senseicj's picture

if we win we would ideally buy a three bedroom villa at a dvc resort if they would let us if not we would buy enough points to have one for the whole year so we can go whenever we want no reservations needed clapping

"You're dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
--Walt Disney--

[url='http://www.mickeypath.com/']

[/url]

JoAnn C's picture

I still have to pick up my tickets. Golden Oaks, here I come.

Kris1971's picture

Got my tickets this morning!!! Fingers Crossed!!!

emmaanne's picture

okay. I am changing my answer... hubby went in with his department at work, they bought 100 tickets. I went in with everyone I work with, we bought 30. Hubby is now on his way to TN to get the 30 for my work and 20 more for us... so we have 150 tickets with our name on them!!!! Bring it on!!! Im feeling lucky!

November 14-18, 2019 | All Star Movies

March 2-10, 2012 | Pop | Trip Report - http://www.wdwforgrownups.com/forum/ems-long-awaited-trip-report

Tony's picture

This has even made the news in the UK. They reckon you're at least 10 times more likely to get hit by lightening.

I can only please one person per day. Today isn't your day... tomorrow doesn't look good either.

LeCellierBuff1963's picture

Hi,

I no longer play the lottery; because I never won anything significant when I did play, I think it's a waste of money.

Jim

Vettelover wrote:
Am I in? AM I IN?? Heck my tickets are bought and I have my lawyer,my financial adviser, my CPA/accountant AND my Golden Oaks real estate agent all on stand by for a meeting after I WIN. silly wink biggrin laugh

Ditto! We splurged and spent $2 on tickets this time.

MicRac wrote:
My husband always says if we won the lottery we would move close to WDW, but I don't think we would. We would buy more of the land around us so we could have even fewer neighbors. Whats a 1,000 acres when you could have 2,000? We would tear down this old country home and build us something new, but not too big that family members would want to move in with us. laugh Then we would go to Disney every couple of months. Be home long enough to plan the next trip, because that is half the fun, get excited about going again, and packed to leave.

Ha! I think that is really more like what we would do. But we would have a vacation home at Golden Oaks. We could make it available to all our friends here when we're not there - for free! yay clapping

ANParker's picture

DH bought 7 tickets yesterday. Lucky #7!!! Smile

I would def have to have a home in Golden Oaks though.

TTFN_71's picture

I'm in. You think they would let me run a B-N-B in Golden Oaks?? silly

Life is a journey not a destination.

TTFN_71's picture

I'll rent you a room for 1$ a week. biggrin

Life is a journey not a destination.

Lizzy_B's picture

We didn't play, but it's still fun to wonder What If? I would definitely buy into either DVC or Golden Oaks...or both! And I'd book whatever cruises I want, and take all of the Adventures by Disney trips that I dream of taking.

Understanding that we'd all do good works and take care of loved ones, what else would you do with this kind of windfall?

JoAnn C's picture

Looks like I have to go back to work on Monday...

JoAnn C wrote:
Looks like I have to go back to work on Monday...

Ditto. And I had my resignation letter all ready to fax! Oh well, maybe next time.

Kristen K.'s picture

So, no winning ticket for me.

My daughter checked the numbers and then admonished me that I "picked bad numbers". LoL... I guess I did. Oh well, I guess I'm not buying the beautiful estate in Santa Barbara that I found either. Such a pity, I would have made a good gazillionaire. Smile

Forget DVC. I want one of these.

http://realestate.msn.com/photos-of-homes-for-disneyphiles

Kristen K.'s picture

BuffaloBill wrote:

My daughter and I just had a big discussion about buying a home at Golden Oaks the other day. LoL... Not that we can, but we were dreaming because it's cheap entertainment.

We decided that though we really want one, we're not sure if we would buy one. It would mostly be a vacation home, and if we're on vacation we thought that we really want to be staying someplace with maid service, room service, and a view of the castle. However - I think that once all of those lots have been sold and it's even harder to buy there the investment quality isn't to shabby. Hrmm.... maybe I do still want one. laugh

Miss Mikki's picture

Kristen K. wrote:
BuffaloBill wrote:

My daughter and I just had a big discussion about buying a home at Golden Oaks the other day. LoL... Not that we can, but we were dreaming because it's cheap entertainment.

We decided that though we really want one, we're not sure if we would buy one. It would mostly be a vacation home, and if we're on vacation we thought that we really want to be staying someplace with maid service, room service, and a view of the castle. However - I think that once all of those lots have been sold and it's even harder to buy there the investment quality isn't to shabby. Hrmm.... maybe I do still want one. laugh

I looked into it, just in case my lotto numbers came up laugh I wish they had smaller properties available. They all seemed to be six bed, six bath kind of size. A nice one bed, one bath would be more than adequate for my needs and would maybe cost less then the millions required for the larger properties!

no ticker Sad

MandaLynn's picture

How fun! MeganLeigh and I stumbled across the Golden Oaks website a month or so ago and started dreaming about buying one as well! We looked at all the floorplans and photos and decided on a fave...of course this is all fantasy! But it's fun to dream mickey