Avatar IS happening people!

Login to post comments
56 posts / 0 new
Spook's picture
Offline
Joined: 04/27/2012
Posts: 2786

Maybe it's just me since I've never seen Avatar but I just find it odd being in AK. When I think of AK I think of animals and conservation, not blue things laugh
I assume it's to generate attendance but still...

h0ney227's picture
Offline
Joined: 07/30/2013
Posts: 547

Spook wrote:
Maybe it's just me since I've never seen Avatar but I just find it odd being in AK. When I think of AK I think of animals and conservation, not blue things laugh
I assume it's to generate attendance but still...

I agree Spook. I really wish they went with their original idea and went with beastly kingdom.

__________________

Mandy's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/18/2013
Posts: 2485

h0ney227 wrote:
Spook wrote:
Maybe it's just me since I've never seen Avatar but I just find it odd being in AK. When I think of AK I think of animals and conservation, not blue things laugh
I assume it's to generate attendance but still...

I agree Spook. I really wish they went with their original idea and went with beastly kingdom.

Me too h0ney! There is a dragon in the AK logo. There aren't really dragons anywhere in AK. They have a unicorn parking lot too. No unicorns in the park at all.

h0ney227's picture
Offline
Joined: 07/30/2013
Posts: 547

Mandy wrote:
h0ney227 wrote:
Spook wrote:
Maybe it's just me since I've never seen Avatar but I just find it odd being in AK. When I think of AK I think of animals and conservation, not blue things laugh
I assume it's to generate attendance but still...

I agree Spook. I really wish they went with their original idea and went with beastly kingdom.

Me too h0ney! There is a dragon in the AK logo. There aren't really dragons anywhere in AK. They have a unicorn parking lot too. No unicorns in the park at all.

I'm glad I'm not the only one. Beastly Kingdom had more potential in my eyes.

__________________

The Colonel's picture
Offline
Joined: 11/08/2012
Posts: 2940

I hope I live to see it. Judging by how long it's taking to build a kiddie coaster, I may not make it.

__________________

See my Disney Photography at...
https://www.flickr.com/photos/rt_images/

DVC owner since 2002 BCV/BWV/BLT/VGC

Eeyore's picture
Offline
Joined: 11/22/2012
Posts: 1120

The Colonel wrote:
I hope I live to see it. Judging by how long it's taking to build a kiddie coaster, I may not make it.

laugh

Me too. I'm sure this will take a few years, but looking forward to spending evening hours at AK.

h0ney227's picture
Offline
Joined: 07/30/2013
Posts: 547

Do you think evening hours will be extended to the whole park or just parts of it?

__________________

Melli's picture
Offline
Joined: 01/01/2014
Posts: 56

Spook wrote:
Maybe it's just me since I've never seen Avatar but I just find it odd being in AK. When I think of AK I think of animals and conservation, not blue things laugh
I assume it's to generate attendance but still...

I haven't seen it but I heard that Conservation and the Environment is one of the themes of the movie. And I guess Animal wise, those out of this world creatures fit somehow (kinda like Beastly Kingdom).

__________________

"Laughter is Timeless, Imagination has no Age, and Dreams are Forever." -Walt Disney.
I am now an Annual Passholder (as of January 17th 2014).

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker

Mandy's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/18/2013
Posts: 2485

h0ney227 wrote:
Do you think evening hours will be extended to the whole park or just parts of it?

I think maybe the whole park minus the animal trails and Kali River Rapids because Disney wants to try to do a night safari.

Spook's picture
Offline
Joined: 04/27/2012
Posts: 2786

Mandy wrote:
h0ney227 wrote:
Do you think evening hours will be extended to the whole park or just parts of it?

I think maybe the whole park minus the animal trails and Kali River Rapids because Disney wants to try to do a night safari.

Awww! The Kali River Rapids would be awesome in the dark Sad

Mandy's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/18/2013
Posts: 2485

Spook wrote:
Mandy wrote:
h0ney227 wrote:
Do you think evening hours will be extended to the whole park or just parts of it?

I think maybe the whole park minus the animal trails and Kali River Rapids because Disney wants to try to do a night safari.

Awww! The Kali River Rapids would be awesome in the dark Sad

Sometimes it gets cold at night and a water ride where you get drenched does not mix well with said water ride. They operate Kali River Rapids at 55 degrees. Summer nights wouldn't be bad though.

JoAnn C's picture
Offline
Joined: 05/20/2011
Posts: 6757

Mandy wrote:
h0ney227 wrote:
Do you think evening hours will be extended to the whole park or just parts of it?

I think maybe the whole park minus the animal trails and Kali River Rapids because Disney wants to try to do a night safari.

A night safari would be cool.

__________________

Sid Man's picture
Offline
Joined: 01/06/2014
Posts: 528

Not sure about a completely different studio franchise mixing in at the Animal Kingdom, but if that's what it will take to bring an improved experience at AK (it's the park I spend the least time at due to the lack of noticeable attractions), then I'll go with it, as long as it's not an in your face James Cameron choreographed thing...

__________________

Yes, that's me in the profile pic...kudos for guessing the movie...

Find me on Facebook

Melli's picture
Offline
Joined: 01/01/2014
Posts: 56

Sid Man wrote:
Not sure about a completely different studio franchise mixing in at the Animal Kingdom, but if that's what it will take to bring an improved experience at AK (it's the park I spend the least time at due to the lack of noticeable attractions), then I'll go with it, as long as it's not an in your face James Cameron choreographed thing...

I've always thought that the beauty of Disney was they could take something from someone else and make it entirely their own... I haven't seen the movie yet but I am actually looking forward to this. The one thing I've always loved about Disney is the attention to detail they put into everything. I never realized this until I was much older...

__________________

"Laughter is Timeless, Imagination has no Age, and Dreams are Forever." -Walt Disney.
I am now an Annual Passholder (as of January 17th 2014).

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker

Sid Man's picture
Offline
Joined: 01/06/2014
Posts: 528

Melli wrote:
Sid Man wrote:
Not sure about a completely different studio franchise mixing in at the Animal Kingdom, but if that's what it will take to bring an improved experience at AK (it's the park I spend the least time at due to the lack of noticeable attractions), then I'll go with it, as long as it's not an in your face James Cameron choreographed thing...

I've always thought that the beauty of Disney was they could take something from someone else and make it entirely their own... I haven't seen the movie yet but I am actually looking forward to this. The one thing I've always loved about Disney is the attention to detail they put into everything. I never realized this until I was much older...

I can see the attraction of Disney-fying an existing property. I'm just hoping that Cameron doesn't insist on things being done his way as it won't be the Disney way.

__________________

Yes, that's me in the profile pic...kudos for guessing the movie...

Find me on Facebook

The Colonel's picture
Offline
Joined: 11/08/2012
Posts: 2940

Pocahantas with blue indians.

As long as they don't let Cameron near the cruise line we're OK.

__________________

See my Disney Photography at...
https://www.flickr.com/photos/rt_images/

DVC owner since 2002 BCV/BWV/BLT/VGC

jw24's picture
Offline
Joined: 11/23/2013
Posts: 999

The whole concept definitely polarized the Disney World fanbase. I was not on board at first but as of now, it's wait and see. People have argued Avatar has already lost so much relevance but the first sequel isn't going to be released until 2016 from what I understand with the next in 2017. But by the looks of it, if the only attractions in that area are going to a Avatar-version of Jungle Cruise (Without the jokes and puns.) or Soarin 2.0, I'm not cynical and critical as other fans are per say but I'm left thinking: That's the best you can do? Who knows. Could they incorporate the sequel in Avatar Land? Possibly. Maybe they have plans to incorporate the sequels that we don't know about.

__________________

"All my life I wonder how it feels to pass a day, not above them but part of them.

And out there living in the sun, give me one day out there, all I ask is one to hold forever. Out there where they all live unaware, what I'd give, what I'd dare, just to live one day out there."

carlsbaddrew's picture
Offline
Joined: 03/11/2013
Posts: 157

Rumples_Belle wrote:
Eeyore wrote:
I was watching the latest "Ultimate Walt Disney World 2013" on YouTube this evening and at the very end they announced what is in store for Animal Kingdom. It's official that Avatar is coming....I don't know if anyone confirmed this before when I posted about the possibility. Anyone know if they discussed this at D23 Expo?

Anyway, if you want to hear this, click on the video and cue it up to 41:20..... Can't wait to see artist drawing of this!

I remember when test track was in its original state. I remember waiting 40 mins or more to ride it wow has it changed

Joe Roady's (sp?) massive earring is pretty distracting! Haha

__________________

Current Disneyland / CA Adventure pass holder. WDW X4 visits!

Melli's picture
Offline
Joined: 01/01/2014
Posts: 56

Sid Man wrote:
Melli wrote:
Sid Man wrote:
Not sure about a completely different studio franchise mixing in at the Animal Kingdom, but if that's what it will take to bring an improved experience at AK (it's the park I spend the least time at due to the lack of noticeable attractions), then I'll go with it, as long as it's not an in your face James Cameron choreographed thing...

I've always thought that the beauty of Disney was they could take something from someone else and make it entirely their own... I haven't seen the movie yet but I am actually looking forward to this. The one thing I've always loved about Disney is the attention to detail they put into everything. I never realized this until I was much older...

I can see the attraction of Disney-fying an existing property. I'm just hoping that Cameron doesn't insist on things being done his way as it won't be the Disney way.

This I can definitely agree on. The Imagineers need to make sure they keep the control, at least sufficient enough that it doesn't get ruined.

__________________

"Laughter is Timeless, Imagination has no Age, and Dreams are Forever." -Walt Disney.
I am now an Annual Passholder (as of January 17th 2014).

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker

Mandy's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/18/2013
Posts: 2485

carlsbaddrew wrote:
Joe Roady's (sp?) massive earring is pretty distracting! Haha

Joe Rohde. Here is the back story to his earring.

carlsbaddrew's picture
Offline
Joined: 03/11/2013
Posts: 157

Mandy wrote:
carlsbaddrew wrote:
Joe Roady's (sp?) massive earring is pretty distracting! Haha

Joe Rohde. Here is the back story to his earring.

Thats a very cool story, but I'm not sure if it's cool enough to justify anyone having their earlobe hanging to the floor. Smile To each his own! The man IS brilliant, so he can certainly get away with it.

__________________

Current Disneyland / CA Adventure pass holder. WDW X4 visits!

Kristen K.'s picture
Offline
Joined: 09/01/2011
Posts: 23803

Mandy wrote:
carlsbaddrew wrote:
Joe Roady's (sp?) massive earring is pretty distracting! Haha

Joe Rohde. Here is the back story to his earring.

Oh My Geeeee! yay I am ridiculously excited that you shared this website. banana

Mandy's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/18/2013
Posts: 2485

Kristen K. wrote:
Mandy wrote:
carlsbaddrew wrote:
Joe Roady's (sp?) massive earring is pretty distracting! Haha

Joe Rohde. Here is the back story to his earring.

Oh My Geeeee! yay I am ridiculously excited that you shared this website. banana

Really? Do you really like Joe?

Kristen K.'s picture
Offline
Joined: 09/01/2011
Posts: 23803

Mandy wrote:
Kristen K. wrote:
Mandy wrote:
carlsbaddrew wrote:
Joe Roady's (sp?) massive earring is pretty distracting! Haha

Joe Rohde. Here is the back story to his earring.

Oh My Geeeee! yay I am ridiculously excited that you shared this website. banana

Really? Do you really like Joe?

Yea - He kinda reminds me of my Dad.

Mandy's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/18/2013
Posts: 2485

Kristen K. wrote:
Mandy wrote:
Kristen K. wrote:
Mandy wrote:
carlsbaddrew wrote:
Joe Roady's (sp?) massive earring is pretty distracting! Haha

Joe Rohde. Here is the back story to his earring.

Oh My Geeeee! yay I am ridiculously excited that you shared this website. banana

Really? Do you really like Joe?

Yea - He kinda reminds me of my Dad.

Awe that's nice.