Back to Value October 2016 Trip Report-Days 1-4

Login to post comments
38 posts / 0 new
Spook's picture

KenJ wrote:
Spook wrote:
crazycatperson wrote:
I can't imagine driving three days to get to Disney World. You guys are dedicated for sure.

I love the drive. It takes way longer but I find it fun and relaxing. Plus we can try restaurants that we don't have in Canada awesome

I know what you mean about the restaurants. My faves are Red Roof, Bob Evans, Cracker Barrel, Olive Garden, Denny's......

We like Bob Evans and Cracker Barrell too. Our favourite is Golden Corral though awesome Sweet Tomatoes is awesome too. And we always have to get Papa Johns pizza. Oh Five Guys is good too!

Spook's picture

Day 2

We got up early this morning because I had to do a 3 mile run to keep up my training for the Walt Disney World marathon in January. This made me realize how crazy I am laugh The run was good though. We ran around Crescent lake by Pop and Art of Animation. Afterwards, we ate breakfast in the room then headed to Magic Kingdom. We had a lunch reservation at the Diamond Horseshoe. We really enjoyed it! It was alot of food but so good! I want some of that cornbread right now muchlove

After lunch we rode Buzz ( as usual Erik won), peoplemover, and Space Mountain. Am I just getting older or is Space Mountain getting rougher? wheelchair It's still my favourite though. We wandered around some shops and had a citrus swirl before riding small world and the mine train. Then we headed over to the Contemporary for some more shopping and pin trading. We were planning on meeting up with our fellow members at the Top of the World lounge for fireworks but we were pretty tired and the fireworks weren't for another 3 hours. So we headed back to Pop and grabbed a mega slice of pizza and a whoopie pie for supper and called it a night.

PreviewAttachmentSize
163.jpg
163.jpg1.95 MB
164.jpg
164.jpg1.93 MB
165.jpg
165.jpg1.83 MB
167.jpg
167.jpg2 MB
172.jpg
172.jpg1.94 MB
196.jpg
196.jpg2.13 MB
197.jpg
197.jpg1.83 MB
Spook's picture

Day 3

Got up fairly early today and after breakfast in the room, we headed to Epcot. We checked out the Art of Disney store where I will be dropping a lot of cash when I win the lottery awesome. Then we headed Living with Land before lunch at the Garden Grill. This is our favourite restaurant! We go every trip mickey As usual the food was plentiful and delicious. We aren't fans of fish so we like that they've changed the menu to sausage instead. Dessert was different this time around too. It's now a shortcake instead of cobbler. The shortcake was good but I miss the cobbler sad The character interaction here is usually really good but today it was pretty lackluster. Maybe because it was busier than it usually is when we go? Whatever the reason, it won't stop us going next time!

After lunch we headed over to Norway for our Frozen Ever After fastpass. I liked it but I wouldn't wait for more than 20 minutes for it. Next we quenched our thirst at Club Cool and headed to our last fastpass which was the character spot. The characters were great here. They all loved Mister and Itty with their Mickey ears on. We caught a set of the British Revolution in the UK pavillion ( love them!). They need to play more Beatles though biggrin We wandered around world showcase for a bit. Our plan was to eat at some of the food and wine booths for dinner but we were so stuffed from lunch we only had the pork slider from Hawaii. We also got ice cream in France which is always SO good. We watched the movie in France then headed back to POP. We watched Illuminations from the bridge between POP and Art of Animation. Not the greatest view but hey, no crowds either awesome

PreviewAttachmentSize
199.jpg
199.jpg1.71 MB
200.jpg
200.jpg1.94 MB
201.jpg
201.jpg1.86 MB
204.jpg
204.jpg1.79 MB
205.jpg
205.jpg2.07 MB
208.jpg
208.jpg1.76 MB
217.jpg
217.jpg2 MB
Spook's picture

Day 4

Slept in today. This was our first probably ever day with no plans eek I like to plan and Erik is more of a "wing it" type so I was nice and planned a couple "wing it" days laugh We did some laundry and went for a swim ( we rarely ever swim!). We had a pizza for lunch. I love the pizzas at the Value resorts. After lunch we headed over to Epcot where we had dinner at the food and wine booths. This time we ate at Scotland, Belgium, Farm Fresh, Morocco and Australia. We liked everything we tried. We watched three sets of the British Revolution and the Circle of Life movie. Then we watched Illuminations and hopped on Spaceship Earth on the way out. We had hoped that by riding it, the lines at the bus stop would thin out a little by the time we got there. NOPE. It was still massive. We got on the third (packed) bus and there was still a huge line of people waiting. Once back at the resort, we did another 3 mile run. It was nice and quiet since it was midnight laugh Then we had some leftover pizza and went to bed.

PreviewAttachmentSize
226.jpg
226.jpg2.12 MB
Farm Fresh
Farm Fresh2.09 MB
Scotland
Scotland1.58 MB
Belgium
Belgium1.31 MB
Morocco
Morocco1.38 MB
Australia
Australia1.41 MB
Allie's picture

I feel you on Space Mountain! I can't handle it nearly as well as I used to! eek eek eek

JMed's picture

I thought for sure the car came off of the track when we rode it in October. I was hanging on for dear life and praying it was almost over!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! #nomorespacemountain

Ugggguh, I wish it was Food and Wine time again!

"I do not like the cone of shame."

"I want adventure in the great wide somewhere. I want it more than I can tell."

"It seems to me that we have a lot of story yet to tell."

Jennifer Huotari | Create Your Badge

The Huotari's Disney Adventures | Promote Your Page Too

danijrod's picture

I thought that when we rode space mountain I agree it seems more intense. Also I muchlove love the pizza so much we had it way too many times its sooo good!

Can't wait to read more Smile