Big Changes For 2016 Deluxe DDP..

Login to post comments
20 posts / 0 new
The Watchmaker's picture
Big Changes For 2016 Deluxe DDP..

I've just been reading about the changes for deluxe DDP for 2016...Seems the appetite will no longer be available..Has anyone else read about this change.. confused

The Watchmaker's picture

Here's the article from official Disney site..

PreviewAttachmentSize
image.jpg
image.jpg95.37 KB
AnnielovesDisney's picture

The Watchmaker wrote:
I've just been reading about the changes for deluxe DDP for 2016...Seems the appetite will no longer be available..Has anyone else read about this change.. confused

The DDP may have been different in 2014, but 3 meals, 2 snacks and 1 rapid refill mug is the current 2015 DDP. At least that's what is listed on the official disney website here in the US.

The Watchmaker's picture

Strange..This news comes today..June 23rd..See photo..

PreviewAttachmentSize
image.jpg
image.jpg186.63 KB
The Watchmaker's picture

AnnielovesDisney wrote:
The Watchmaker wrote:

The DDP may have been different in 2014, but 3 meals, 2 snacks and 1 rapid refill mug is the current 2015 DDP. At least that's what is listed on the official disney website here in the US.

I'm referring to 2016...

BarbaraB's picture

I hadn't heard anything about this, but I just checked Disney's US website. This is from the 2016 DDP pamphlet:

Entree, dessert, and non-alcoholic beverage or 1 full buffet. Looks like you are correct, Watchmaker. They've eliminated appetizers from the DDP for 2016. Typical of just about everything now-a-days...paying more for less.

~ Barb ~

The Watchmaker wrote:
AnnielovesDisney wrote:
The Watchmaker wrote:

I'm referring to 2016...

Yep I realize you were referring to 2016.

Well I did a little more digging, purely out of curiosity because we can't get the Dining plans. When I first looked it up on the Disney website I was on my smart phone & I got one 2015 DDP rundown with NO appetizer(which is what it will be in 2016.) When I looked it up on my desktop computer I got a 2015 DDP that still includes an appetizer confused

Kristen K.'s picture

mickey Let me take a minute here to remind everyone, that until the DDP Brochure is finalized in LATE December, it is all subject to change. It has been the case for many years now that the first brochures to come out are not complete. While this does at the moment seem to be the case, confirmation is lacking from human sources at Disney. That obviously could change at any time.

Kristen K. wrote:
mickey Let me take a minute here to remind everyone, that until the DDP Brochure is finalized in LATE December, it is all subject to change. It has been the case for many years now that the first brochures to come out are not complete. While this does at the moment seem to be the case, confirmation is lacking from human sources at Disney. That obviously could change at any time.

You're absolutely right, sorry about that. I forgot to add 'might' or 'maybe' to my posts concerning 2016. I'm usually good about specifying between fact and rumor in my posts.

The Watchmaker's picture

Kristen K. wrote:

Totally agree Kristen...However if I was a betting man ( which I'm not ) I'd say this rumour will come true..But as you state, it is subject to change...So for those who are planning a 2016 vacation with deluxe dining, they will just have to wait the final outcome in December ...

BarbaraB's picture

Kristen K. wrote:

You are absolutely right, Kristen. I apologize for inadvertently perpetuating rumors and speculation with no confirmation.

~ Barb ~

Kristen K.'s picture

No worries! I'm actually a little concerned about this one. We like the deluxe plan and the thought of paying just as much and getting less is not an exciting prospect for us. I often take my appetizer back to the room for breakfast the next day to help us save credits to use more on Signature dining. This will take that "hack" away, which makes me cranky.

The Watchmaker's picture

Wow...Well there you go..Its just been announced by Disney that the omission of the appetiser was a mistake, and it's now back on the DDP...

Allie's picture

Good news! awesome

MrHub's picture

And that people is how rumors get started!!!!!!!

Attached is the brochure for the 2016 deluxe dinning plan as of today.

PreviewAttachmentSize
2016deluxedining.pdf1.64 MB
The Watchmaker's picture

If the official Disney news states an article which is printed out so that everyone can read it..Is everyone to suspect it's a rumour..My mistake for highlighting this mistake..and that people is how mistakes are made from rumours..

PreviewAttachmentSize
image.jpg
image.jpg150.5 KB
MrHub's picture

That article you show there is not an Official Disney webpage. They also do not list all of the restaurants when they first print the dinning plan brochures and people start screaming that half of the restaurant are no longer on the dinning plan, which is always wrong also. Like Kristen stated before , the DDP Brochure is finalized in LATE December, it is all subject to change. So yes, until then it is all rumor. A Disney web page has something like this at the bottom.

"(c) Disney, All Rights Reserved, Disney Parks & Travel"

The Watchmaker's picture

MrHub wrote:
That article you show there is not an Official Disney webpage. They also do not list all of the restaurants when they first print the dinning plan brochures and people start screaming that half of the restaurant are no longer on the dinning plan, which is always wrong also. Like Kristen stated before , the DDP Brochure is finalized in LATE December, it is all subject to change. So yes, until then it is all rumor. A Disney web page has something like this at the bottom.

"(c) Disney, All Rights Reserved, Disney Parks & Travel"

So what your saying is although it says, and I quote, " Disney has just released the brochures for the 2016 Disney Dining Plans." unquote..This is not an official Disney statement eek ...If I was a lawyer working for Disney, I'd be looking into these statements..

MrHub's picture

You are quoting an Unofficial page. Its also said that the appetizer is not listed. Disney never announced that it was removing the appetizer from the Dining Plan. Yes that is not an "Official" statement from Disney. Got that information from here correct?

http://disneyworldexplorer.com/deluxe-disney-dining-plan-brochures-for-2016-do-not-include-appetizers/

or here

http://www.wdwmagic.com/other/disney-dining-plan/news/23jun2015-deluxe-disney-dining-plan-brochures-for-2016-do-not-include-appetizers.htm

Neither of these are Official Disney websites. I see nothing wrong with that statement any way. They did release the brochures.