Boardwalk Area - Best place to eat

Login to post comments
16 posts / 0 new
kormelmer's picture
Offline
Joined: 07/01/2011
Posts: 107
Boardwalk Area - Best place to eat

We are staying at the Boardwalk Inn in Sept and I need some restaurant recommendations. Also how far of a walk is it to EPCOT?

__________________

We've stayed at:
Grand Floridian, Wilderness Lodge, Beach/Yacht Club, Old Key West Resort, Port Orleans (Riverside & French Quarter), Coronado Springs, Boardwalk Inn, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Caribbean Beach, Pop Century, All Star (Music & Sports).

Vettelover's picture
Offline
Joined: 03/28/2009
Posts: 4658

I have quite a few places to recommend so let's start with my VERY favorite in the Boardwalk area, it is just a very short walk away in the Dolphin Hotel, and that is Shula's steakhouse, expensive but worth it. Another great place is the Flying Fish located right next to the Boardwalk Inn. Beaches and Cream located across the Lake is a great place for burgers and ice Cream, Hint do not try the kitchen sink alone eek . Boardwalk Bakery again right near the Boardwalk Inn is good for a quick breakfast pastry and coffee in the AM. A few more in the area that come to mind are, Big River Grille and Brewing Works, The Yachtsman Steakhouse (in the Yacht and Beach Club) There are a few more in that Immediate area but they are not my favorites. Also I would estimate the walk to Epcot to be in the range of five to ten minutes, and if you do not feel like walking you can always take the Friendship Boats to the Epcot rear gate, and to the Hollywood Studios gate.

__________________

Skunk's picture
Offline
Joined: 02/13/2011
Posts: 442

For Signature TS, our favorites are Il Mulino(Swan), and Bluezoo(Dolphin). If you are on the dining plan, Flying Fish and Yachtsman.

arbolita's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/26/2011
Posts: 149

We love the Yachtsmen and the Big River Grille and Brewing Company. If anyone in your party likes meatloaf, my husband swears the one at Big River Grille is the best on Disney property.

Lizzy_B's picture
Offline
Joined: 10/25/2010
Posts: 3246

arbolita wrote:
We love the Yachtsmen and the Big River Grille and Brewing Company. If anyone in your party likes meatloaf, my husband swears the one at Big River Grille is the best on Disney property.

Great tip about the meatloaf!

Vettelover wrote:
I have quite a few places to recommend so let's start with my VERY favorite in the Boardwalk area, it is just a very short walk away in the Dolphin Hotel, and that is Shula's steakhouse, expensive but worth it. Another great place is the Flying Fish located right next to the Boardwalk Inn. Beaches and Cream located across the Lake is a great place for burgers and ice Cream, Hint do not try the kitchen sink alone eek . Boardwalk Bakery again right near the Boardwalk Inn is good for a quick breakfast pastry and coffee in the AM. A few more in the area that come to mind are, Big River Grille and Brewing Works, The Yachtsman Steakhouse (in the Yacht and Beach Club) There are a few more in that Immediate area but they are not my favorites. Also I would estimate the walk to Epcot to be in the range of five to ten minutes, and if you do not feel like walking you can always take the Friendship Boats to the Epcot rear gate, and to the Hollywood Studios gate.

I agree with the opinion of Shulas (need to tell y'all about our recent visit!) and I love this tip about Boardwalk Bakery. Their creamcheese brownie is to die for!

__________________

Vettelover's picture
Offline
Joined: 03/28/2009
Posts: 4658

Lizzy I'm all ears about your Shula's trip. mickey

__________________

Offline
Joined: 04/21/2011
Posts: 71

arbolita wrote:
We love the Yachtsmen and the Big River Grille and Brewing Company. If anyone in your party likes meatloaf, my husband swears the one at Big River Grille is the best on Disney property.

I'll second that!

Offline
Joined: 02/10/2011
Posts: 597

We LOVE Boardwalk! if you are a sports fan of any kind, check out the espn club. The food is good in a true sports bar environment. We like it because we can go w no adrs. Alot of times you can see espn hosts/stars there doing espn shows live, and the trivia show that's taped for espn is cool to be at too. My family is huge sports fans so we make a trip over just to check scores on whatever games are going on. It's casual and the food isn't as good as the above mentioned, but it's cool for lunch or to get away and watch a game. My husband and son have spent lots of time there while the girls do something in EPCOT.

__________________

Julie

Faith, Trust and Pixie Dust

Bella's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/11/2010
Posts: 3886

I've also heard the burgers and Big River are great.
Like people have mentioned I have heard great things about the Yachtsman and I have always wanted to try Kouzzina.

__________________

mickey Bella


kormelmer's picture
Offline
Joined: 07/01/2011
Posts: 107

That settles it, We have reservations at the Yachtsman for 9/17. We are going to go to the Big River Grille and Brewing Company 9/16 (you got me on the meatloaf). We looked at the menu for Kouzzina and it didn't look all that exciting.

__________________

We've stayed at:
Grand Floridian, Wilderness Lodge, Beach/Yacht Club, Old Key West Resort, Port Orleans (Riverside & French Quarter), Coronado Springs, Boardwalk Inn, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Caribbean Beach, Pop Century, All Star (Music & Sports).

kayb's picture
Offline
Joined: 04/26/2011
Posts: 174

For dessert Beaches and Cream, the Boardwalk Bakery, and the gelato at the Beach Club gift shop mickey

Bella's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/11/2010
Posts: 3886

Ohhh I forgot about Beaches and Cream!!

__________________

mickey Bella


MrHub's picture
Offline
Joined: 10/29/2009
Posts: 9499

I know I'm too late, but I second the Flying Fish. We just ate there in June and it was fabulous.

Catherine's picture
Offline
Joined: 04/25/2011
Posts: 426

We have eaten at the Big River Grille a few times and like it!

Vettelover's picture
Offline
Joined: 03/28/2009
Posts: 4658

Catherine wrote:
We have eaten at the Big River Grille a few times and like it!

Ever try their meatloaf? It is very good.

__________________

Catherine's picture
Offline
Joined: 04/25/2011
Posts: 426

Vettelover wrote:
Catherine wrote:
We have eaten at the Big River Grille a few times and like it!

Ever try their meatloaf? It is very good.

Yes, my husband had that last time! YUM!