BuffaloBill and NHshorty are back from the world

Login to post comments
28 posts / 0 new
Offline
Joined: 12/29/2011
Posts: 499
BuffaloBill and NHshorty are back from the world

My DP (aka nhshorty) and I are wheels-up at 18:00 tomorrow (May 30th) for 4 days of magic without kids!

We've kept our plans quiet and have had to re-schedule this trip from early May due to the arrival of my DP's grandson. Now that he's here and everyone is healthy and well, we are outta here.

We are in the villas at the WL, and we have ADR's at the Cali Grill for Thursday night (5/31) and Chefs De France on Friday night (6/1). Saturday we will probably be at HS (Star Wars Weekend) and we will x-wing it as far as dinner is concerned.

There are some big doings in the parks this weekend, so we are going to be at flexibility level 10+, using hoppers as always, and we will have our own wheels. The planning is our usual combination of improvisation and vagueness, but that could change, maybe, we'll see.

Planned activities beyond the hitting the parks and the ADR's.... Stoopid shoes, monorail (or boat) crawl after Cali Grill, breakfast at the Trails End (after walking from WL to FW), lots of pictures with my new camera, adult beverages, Mickey bars, Typhoon Lagoon on Sunday (weather permitting) before flying north.

Don't expect any real-time postings, but I will put together a post trip report.

Vettelover's picture
Offline
Joined: 03/28/2009
Posts: 4658

Sounds like a great trip and I hope it all adds up to a wonderful time, have fun and enjoy it. Can't wait for the trip report.

__________________

Kris1971's picture
Offline
Joined: 08/10/2011
Posts: 2350

Have a wonderful trip! Can't wait to hear all about it when you get back. As usual...I recommend the Spicy Kazan Roll at the California Grill (if you like sushi that is).

__________________

Offline
Joined: 12/28/2011
Posts: 1039

You Go Get 'Em, Bill & Shorty!!! Have a GREAT time - watch for those Stoopid Shoes . . . and enjoy the view from . . . just about everywhere!!!

yay yay yay yay

yeah yeah yeah

banana banana

__________________

If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.
J. R. R. Tolkien

Breaufam's picture
Offline
Joined: 02/21/2012
Posts: 139

Have a great time! yay yay yay Can't wait to read about your trip when you get home.

__________________

Offline
Joined: 07/02/2011
Posts: 988

You will love the WL! We had stayed in a studio room in the villa section a couple of years ago. One of our best vacations ever! Wonderful resort. So happy for you!!!! YAY!!!!!!

Mase's picture
Offline
Joined: 03/02/2011
Posts: 5438

clapping clapping clapping clapping clapping

__________________

- 2013 Trip Report!
- My Int3ractiv3 Trip R3port '12 - CLICK HERE!
[url='http://www.wdwforgrownups.com/forum/pick-mases-dinner-disney']- My Interactive Trip Report '11[/url]

JoAnn C's picture
Offline
Joined: 05/20/2011
Posts: 6757

clapping

have a great time!

__________________

Kristen K.'s picture
Offline
Joined: 09/01/2011
Posts: 23803

Safe travels, Have fun!

MrHub's picture
Offline
Joined: 10/29/2009
Posts: 9502

Have a safe trip!

Offline
Joined: 11/16/2011
Posts: 416

Have a wonderful time!!!

__________________

Spook's picture
Offline
Joined: 04/27/2012
Posts: 2786

Have a great time!!! yay

Offline
Joined: 02/25/2012
Posts: 252

So.....I'm having a tougher time packing for this short trip than I do for a long stay! Can't wait to walk into the WL lobby and take it all in. My DVC home resort is BW and always thought there was nothing that could top it....that is until my DP (Buffalo Bill) introduced me to the magic at WL.....SO love it there.....

gotta go finish packing.....don't think I'll get much sleep tonight! yay yay clapping clapping yay yay

Jess's picture
Offline
Joined: 03/04/2011
Posts: 3280

yay yay yay Can't wait to hear all about it

__________________

Offline
Joined: 02/25/2012
Posts: 252

BuffaloBill here using NHshorty's login....

We're still here, going strong. Cali Grill definite high point so far.

HS and EPCOT (just for a couple of things) today. Biblical rain yesterday. Sunny today.

Crowds haven't been bad, but that may change today (Star Wars Weekend). Very odd to see Obi Wan and his girlfriend in World Showcase last night.

Stoopid shoe sightings (impractical) are very rare. Stupid shoe sightings (fashion) abound.

It's a dirty job, but it's off to the parks.

PS Mase: no joy on the pin so far.

Lizzy_B's picture
Offline
Joined: 10/25/2010
Posts: 3246

I hope you're having a FANTASTIC time! Your initial post made me want to come over and totally stalk your trip - it sounds amazing! Can't wait to hear all the deets when you return. (Psst. hopefully no Biblical rains today. I think it's finally supposed to be pretty Smile )

__________________

Offline
Joined: 02/25/2012
Posts: 252

BuffaloBill on NHshorty's login again....

Not having my kids with us really changes EVERYTHING!!!!! For example, yesterday was a three park day starting with AK in the pouring rain, then back to the WL awesome , then EPCOT for dinner and illuminations, then MK (EMH), then at midnight a boat to the Poly for a drink (all bars closed), a boat back to the MK (we were the only passengers), and a walk to the Contemporary to get the car, and back to the WL.

Try doing that with even a couple big kids in tow.

HS is calling me. Bye clapping clapping yay yay

Lizzy_B's picture
Offline
Joined: 10/25/2010
Posts: 3246

hahahA! That's fabulous! I bet there was CONSIDERABLY less whining yes? SO happy for you! Kids are sooooo awesome. But it really is fun to ditch them occasionally mickey

__________________

Offline
Joined: 12/28/2011
Posts: 1039

nhshorty wrote:
BuffaloBill on NHshorty's login again....

Not having my kids with us really changes EVERYTHING!!!!! For example, yesterday was a three park day starting with AK in the pouring rain, then back to the WL awesome , then EPCOT for dinner and illuminations, then MK (EMH), then at midnight a boat to the Poly for a drink (all bars closed), a boat back to the MK (we were the only passengers), and a walk to the Contemporary to get the car, and back to the WL.

Try doing that with even a couple big kids in tow.

HS is calling me. Bye clapping clapping yay yay

No kids AND Hollywood Studios? I can hardly stand it!!! Must return soon. . . . mickey

Have a cupcake for me! laugh

__________________

If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.
J. R. R. Tolkien

Jess's picture
Offline
Joined: 03/04/2011
Posts: 3280

nhshorty wrote:
BuffaloBill on NHshorty's login again....

Not having my kids with us really changes EVERYTHING!!!!! For example, yesterday was a three park day starting with AK in the pouring rain, then back to the WL awesome , then EPCOT for dinner and illuminations, then MK (EMH), then at midnight a boat to the Poly for a drink (all bars closed), a boat back to the MK (we were the only passengers), and a walk to the Contemporary to get the car, and back to the WL.

Try doing that with even a couple big kids in tow.

HS is calling me. Bye clapping clapping yay yay

Glad to hear you guys are having a great time....As much as I love taking my kids every year I so can't wait for mine and mase's adult only trip January of 2014....it's going to be EPIC!!!!!!!!!!!!

__________________

Mase's picture
Offline
Joined: 03/02/2011
Posts: 5438

nhshorty wrote:
BuffaloBill here using NHshorty's login....

We're still here, going strong. Cali Grill definite high point so far.

HS and EPCOT (just for a couple of things) today. Biblical rain yesterday. Sunny today.

Crowds haven't been bad, but that may change today (Star Wars Weekend). Very odd to see Obi Wan and his girlfriend in World Showcase last night.

Stoopid shoe sightings (impractical) are very rare. Stupid shoe sightings (fashion) abound.

It's a dirty job, but it's off to the parks.

PS Mase: no joy on the pin so far.

Hey.... I appreciate the effort. Had a couple of you peeps on this board try to help out both in DW and DL. So just the effort is awesome and shows how awesome people on this board can be!

__________________

- 2013 Trip Report!
- My Int3ractiv3 Trip R3port '12 - CLICK HERE!
[url='http://www.wdwforgrownups.com/forum/pick-mases-dinner-disney']- My Interactive Trip Report '11[/url]

Offline
Joined: 12/29/2011
Posts: 499

We got back home late last night (Sunday 6/3).

We spent the day at the WL Villa pool where it was 95 degrees and very sunny. Got off the plane in NH where it was 54 degrees and raining. Talk about a shock to the old system. They had to force us off the plane with threats of legal action.

We'll be working on a report over the next few days, but to whet your appetites, here's a panoramic picture from our table at the Cali Grill...

PreviewAttachmentSize
dsc00168.jpg
dsc00168.jpg1.72 MB
Kris1971's picture
Offline
Joined: 08/10/2011
Posts: 2350

Can't wait to hear all about it! Great shot from the Cali!

__________________

Vettelover's picture
Offline
Joined: 03/28/2009
Posts: 4658

Welcome back, love the panoramic shot.

__________________

Jess's picture
Offline
Joined: 03/04/2011
Posts: 3280

can't wait to read the trip report Smile

__________________

Offline
Joined: 12/28/2011
Posts: 1039

BuffaloBill wrote:
We got back home late last night (Sunday 6/3).

We spent the day at the WL Villa pool where it was 95 degrees and very sunny. Got off the plane in NH where it was 54 degrees and raining. Talk about a shock to the old system. They had to force us off the plane with threats of legal action.

We'll be working on a report over the next few days, but to whet your appetites, here's a panoramic picture from our table at the Cali Grill...

So glad it was fun and can't wait to hear about your adventures AND see some visions of the Magic! yay

__________________

If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.
J. R. R. Tolkien

JoAnn C's picture
Offline
Joined: 05/20/2011
Posts: 6757

Welcome back. can't wait to read about the trip

__________________

DisneyDee27's picture
Offline
Joined: 04/02/2012
Posts: 1600

I'm glad you had a great time. Looking forward to pictures Smile
Dee mickey

__________________

Member of the 6 castle club and working to pay for my next Disney vacations: 1/5-10/18, September 2018 for my 50th and 2018 the year of Disney cruising.