Christmas Decor 2012

Login to post comments
7 posts / 0 new
Christmas Decor 2012

Hello All!
I was just wondering if anyone had any insight on when the holiday decorations will be up specifically at MK but the other parks as well. I know they have released the dates for the Christmas Parties but when do they put those beautiful decorations up?
Any help would be great!

Have a magical day! mickey

Mase's picture

Usually after Thanksgiving they start going up, and the resorts get done one at a time during the process. But the parks should have the Christmas feel pretty much right after Thanksgiving.

- 2013 Trip Report!
- My Int3ractiv3 Trip R3port '12 - CLICK HERE!
[url='http://www.wdwforgrownups.com/forum/pick-mases-dinner-disney']- My Interactive Trip Report '11[/url]

Tony's picture

I've been a few days after Thanksgiving and everything was already up. I assumed they started around mid-November.

I can only please one person per day. Today isn't your day... tomorrow doesn't look good either.

Kristen K.'s picture

In my experience the decorations start going up all over the day after Thanksgiving. Like Mase said, things sort of roll out all through the next couple of weeks, everything is up by Mid-December across the property.

JoAnn C's picture

The last two years I have gone the week before Thanksgiving (arriving the Friday of the last weekend of the F&W festival). MK has their decorations up that weekend (the Christmas party started a couple of days before I arrived. Epcot puts theirs up after the F&W festival is over. It was neat to see the transition of the festival decorations to the Christmas decorations. The other parks had decorations up as well. The resorts work their magic during the night. I went to bed on Monday night and woke up to find the Christmas tree was up in the lobby of Pop Century.

Mase's picture

JoAnn C wrote:
The last two years I have gone the week before Thanksgiving (arriving the Friday of the last weekend of the F&W festival). MK has their decorations up that weekend (the Christmas party started a couple of days before I arrived. Epcot puts theirs up after the F&W festival is over. It was neat to see the transition of the festival decorations to the Christmas decorations. The other parks had decorations up as well. The resorts work their magic during the night. I went to bed on Monday night and woke up to find the Christmas tree was up in the lobby of Pop Century.

We had the exact same thing happen to us last November at AKL... it was so cool to turn around the corner, and WOW! The tree was up!

- 2013 Trip Report!
- My Int3ractiv3 Trip R3port '12 - CLICK HERE!
[url='http://www.wdwforgrownups.com/forum/pick-mases-dinner-disney']- My Interactive Trip Report '11[/url]

Thank you all! We are coming Nov 2-6th and I have been to Disney over 20 times and I am only 21 but I am coming with 2 sorority sisters and we were just trying to figure everything out. The first Xmas party is Nov 9 so I was hoping the parks would put theres up semi early.

Thanks again!