crazycatperson pre-trip reports - September 2014 (done), November 2014 (done), and February 2015

Login to post comments
113 posts / 0 new
Allie's picture

I still have to read your November trip report! eek Have a great time!

Kristen K.'s picture

crazycatperson wrote:

This is our first winter Disney trip so we're not sure how to pack. We might get some unusually warm days with shorts weather, unusually cold winter-jacket weather, or anything in between, so we'll have to bring a selection of all kinds of clothes just in case. Meaning we won't have a large variety of any one season's outfits. Good thing the unit has a washer and dryer.

Layers! Bring outfits that you can layer because sometimes the temp changes happen within a fairly short period of time. You don't want to have to run back to the room in order to completely change.

crazycatperson's picture

Kristen K. wrote:
crazycatperson wrote:

This is our first winter Disney trip so we're not sure how to pack. We might get some unusually warm days with shorts weather, unusually cold winter-jacket weather, or anything in between, so we'll have to bring a selection of all kinds of clothes just in case. Meaning we won't have a large variety of any one season's outfits. Good thing the unit has a washer and dryer.

Layers! Bring outfits that you can layer because sometimes the temp changes happen within a fairly short period of time. You don't want to have to run back to the room in order to completely change.

Excellent idea, Kristen, and thank you very much.

crazycatperson's picture

Yesterday was FastPass and online check-in day!

And I immediately ran into a small problem: hubby does not have any sort of pass or ticket with which to make FPs. So there I was, trying to make the first day's FPs, and only my annual pass was showing up as an option. Oops.

I made all of my FPs for the whole week, including two FPs for Seven Dwarfs Mine Train (two separate days), which I will donate to hubby just to be sure he can get on the ride without waiting forever. Once we get his length-of-stay ticket purchased, we'll see if we can get him 7DMT on his own pass. If they're all out by then, I'll make two FPs on his ticket for my use and we'll exchange Magic Bands for those rides.

Thinking of which, my annual pass doesn't expire until early April. Oh, I am sorely tempted to sneak one more trip in. Come on, talk me into it.

Allie's picture

crazycatperson wrote:
Yesterday was FastPass and online check-in day!

And I immediately ran into a small problem: hubby does not have any sort of pass or ticket with which to make FPs. So there I was, trying to make the first day's FPs, and only my annual pass was showing up as an option. Oops.

I made all of my FPs for the whole week, including two FPs for Seven Dwarfs Mine Train (two separate days), which I will donate to hubby just to be sure he can get on the ride without waiting forever. Once we get his length-of-stay ticket purchased, we'll see if we can get him 7DMT on his own pass. If they're all out by then, I'll make two FPs on his ticket for my use and we'll exchange Magic Bands for those rides.

Thinking of which, my annual pass doesn't expire until early April. Oh, I am sorely tempted to sneak one more trip in. Come on, talk me into it.

I mean, you pretty much have to right? You have to put the Annual Pass and DVC to good use to get your money's worth. You're actually doing your budget a favor. awesome

JMed's picture

DO IT!!!! Are you convinced????

biggrin

"I do not like the cone of shame."

"I want adventure in the great wide somewhere. I want it more than I can tell."

"It seems to me that we have a lot of story yet to tell."

Jennifer Huotari | Create Your Badge

The Huotari's Disney Adventures | Promote Your Page Too

crazycatperson's picture

Not totally convinced, but I have started looking into it.

Don't do it, really bad idea why would you want to make use of your AP and DVC? Wink Cash

oHIo's picture

Sally-Ann wrote:
Don't do it, really bad idea why would you want to make use of your AP and DVC? Wink Cash

Besides that, it is a terrible time of the year to go.....the weather is too perfect
crossfingers rolling

crazycatperson's picture

I DID IT!!! yay

I booked a long weekend at the end of February/beginning of March. I would've preferred to go later in the month, but that meant Spring Break prices, and I wanted to keep this one on the cheap.

So...Thursday, February 26 I'll drive to the airport in the afternoon or early evening (whatever it takes to miss rush hour) and stay overnight at an airport hotel. This was the more economical option than flying out Thursday, and it also gives me some time Thursday to work before I leave.

I'll get up in the wee hours Friday morning and fly down to MCO, arriving probably before most of the parks have opened for the day. Magical Express will take me to All-Star Sports, my first time in any of the All-Stars, which I chose because it offered the lowest price (again, keeping this trip cheap). I'll hand my carry-on backpack over (or take it to the room myself if, knock on wood, my room is actually ready) and then the fun begins!

At this point I'm planning on visiting Epcot Friday and then park hopping all over the place Saturday, Sunday, and Monday, although who knows, I might just park hop Friday also.

I might make an ADR or two, but I also might stick with counter service to keep things cheap. At some point I'll probably hop a Saratoga Springs bus from a park, get off at Congress Park, and walk over to Downtown Disney for some counter-service food there and a little shopping.

Then Tuesday I'll take the cheapest flight home, whenever that happens to be (haven't booked the airfare yet.

And now THAT will be my last trip on my annual pass.

jhugo's picture

Good for you. Always fun to plan another trip! Can't wait to read the next trip report. You always give me great ideas on where to eat.

Allie's picture

Yay!!!! Totally worth it! Have a great time! yay

Spook's picture

How exciting! Can't wait to hear about it awesome

JanJ's picture

Yay! That's awesome CCP! awesome

Kristen K.'s picture

yay yay yay

alicemouse's picture

crazycatperson wrote:
I DID IT!!! yay

I booked a long weekend at the end of February/beginning of March. I would've preferred to go later in the month, but that meant Spring Break prices, and I wanted to keep this one on the cheap.

So...Thursday, February 26 I'll drive to the airport in the afternoon or early evening (whatever it takes to miss rush hour) and stay overnight at an airport hotel. This was the more economical option than flying out Thursday, and it also gives me some time Thursday to work before I leave.

I'll get up in the wee hours Friday morning and fly down to MCO, arriving probably before most of the parks have opened for the day. Magical Express will take me to All-Star Sports, my first time in any of the All-Stars, which I chose because it offered the lowest price (again, keeping this trip cheap). I'll hand my carry-on backpack over (or take it to the room myself if, knock on wood, my room is actually ready) and then the fun begins!

At this point I'm planning on visiting Epcot Friday and then park hopping all over the place Saturday, Sunday, and Monday, although who knows, I might just park hop Friday also.

I might make an ADR or two, but I also might stick with counter service to keep things cheap. At some point I'll probably hop a Saratoga Springs bus from a park, get off at Congress Park, and walk over to Downtown Disney for some counter-service food there and a little shopping.

Then Tuesday I'll take the cheapest flight home, whenever that happens to be (haven't booked the airfare yet.

awesome They know what they're doing with this DVC/annual pass business. Oh what's that you say? My park tickets are "free" for this trip? And I don't have to pay cash for my hotel? Well that changes things a bit doesn't it? laugh

Be good at something. It makes you valuable. Have something to bring to the table because that will make you more welcome. --Randy Pausch

Find me on Facebook

Trip Reports:
December 2013: 10th Anniversary, 1st DVC Stay | April 2014: Birthday on the Boardwalk | May 2014: Star Wars Weekend, Navigating WDW with a wheelchair | August 2014: Villains Unleashed | September/October 2014: MNSSHP, F&W, Tower of Terror 10-miler | March/April 2015: Disneyland and California Coastal Cruise | November 2015: Wine & Dine Half, Food & Wine, 1st Disney Cruise | February 2016: Presidential Classic Gymnastics Meet | March 2016: "Work" Trip, Tours, F&G Festival | April 2016: Conference at Disneyland | Fall 2016: Festive Fall Fun | January 2017: Festival of the Arts | May 2017: AbD Backstage Magic | July 2017: AbD San Francisco | Sorry I had to give up doing trip reports. Too many time commitments right now.

Spook's picture

alicemouse wrote:
crazycatperson wrote:
I DID IT!!! yay

awesome They know what they're doing with this DVC/annual pass business. Oh what's that you say? My park tickets are "free" for this trip? And I don't have to pay cash for my hotel? Well that changes things a bit doesn't it? laugh

That is the exact reason I decided to run princess this year. Only had to pay for flight and race registration, hotel and tickets are "free" laugh

crazycatperson's picture

alicemouse wrote:

Well...park tickets are "free" for this trip. Hotel is merely cheap. We're saving those DVC points hoping to get into the Grand Californian next September.

Still, I'm not complaining. Airfare was pretty cheap, also, and if I eat mostly counter service that won't run up too much $$$ either. It should be a great last trip on the annual pass.

RobynPrincess's picture

Eeeeeek that's so exciting! If I could swing it I would totally come crash your solo trip, sadly got the west coast to find the funds for Sad my AP runs out 13th March....it's burning a hole in my pocket!

Our Very Merry 24 nighter Nov/Dec 15
Watson's go West May 15
The one with all the birthdays Oct 14 4 Big Birthdays and a Vow Renewal thrown in
The OMG trip June 14 30th Birthday present from the hubs
Girly trip March 14 A last min cheapy week
September 13 our first all DVC stay
TR May 2013 the last min bargain trip offsite
Oct 2012 TR with a cruise!big family trip featuring the beach club, AKL, the dream and a villa offsite
TR on a budget May - June 2011offsite condo
TR Sept - Oct 2010 big family trip in an offsite villa

crazycatperson's picture

We finally purchased hubby's length-of-stay pass for our Wilderness Lodge trip, and wonder of wonders, I was able to get him all the FastPasses he wanted, including his own Seven Dwarfs Mine Train FPs on his own pass. So I was able to change mine to something a little less queasifying. With a little tweaking, I was even able to get our FP windows to synch up, with no more than a few minutes' difference between mine and his.

Nothing left to do for that trip but go. And pack. And talk to the cat sitter. Okay, a lot left to do for that trip.

LeCellierBuff1963's picture

Yay! Is there someone named sanedogperson on this forum? Just sayin'.

Jim, who has gotten the bronchitis for nothing and coughs for free for the second time this year. Sad

crazycatperson's picture

LeCellierBuff1963 wrote:
Yay! Is there someone named sanedogperson on this forum? Just sayin'.

No, but there should be. If any of you lurkers out there are dog lovers, please sign on and choose the user name "sanedogperson." Although I guess you could be "crazydogperson" if that's what you prefer. Or "insanedogperson."