DCL Sailing Dates Pushed Back Further Into 2021

Login to post comments
11 posts / 0 new
Kristen K.'s picture
DCL Sailing Dates Pushed Back Further Into 2021

Disney Cruise Line Extends Suspension of All Departures Through January 31, 2021

"Our team at Disney Cruise Line remains focused on the health and well-being of our Guests and team members. We continue to carefully review the guidance from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and are working toward resuming operations.

As we continue to refine our protocols for our eventual return to service, we have decided to cancel all sailings departing through January 2021. Sailings are cancelled on board the Disney Magic, Disney Wonder and Disney Dream through February 1 and the Disney Fantasy through February 6."

In addition, DCL quietly removed all January and February 2021 sailings from their online booking page as well as select sailings with US embarkation/debarkation ports over 7-nights. This is because the current CDC' guidelines require all sailings through October 2021 not to exceed 7-nights.

Kristen K.'s picture

Looks like cruises through March 2021 have been removed from the DCL website. Some days it just feels like this thing is never going to end.

JoAnn C's picture

I am booked on the Magic in May which will probably be canceled. I have a feeling they are going to keep the Magic in Europe at this point. It doesn't make sense to bring her over only to sail a few weeks before having to cross back to Europe. The transatlantic crossing was already canceled.

Kristen K.'s picture

JoAnn C wrote:
I am booked on the Magic in May which will probably be canceled. I have a feeling they are going to keep the Magic in Europe at this point.

No, it really doesn't make sense to bring her back for just a couple of weeks. Though honestly this month at a time extension thing is driving me crazy. Not that I have anything booked.

Mandy's picture

One of my friends was just hired to work on the Disney Dream. So maybe they are coming sooner then we think.

JoAnn C's picture

March cruises have been canceled.

JoAnn C's picture

My May cruise was canceled with the latest round. I knew it was coming and figured it would be included with the April cancelations. I was surprised how close it was to the March cancelations. I was expecting it to happen in February.

I read an article that Port Canaveral officials don't think there will be cruising until July.

Kristen K.'s picture

JoAnn C wrote:
My May cruise was canceled with the latest round. I knew it was coming and figured it would be included with the April cancelations. I was surprised how close it was to the March cancelations. I was expecting it to happen in February.

I read an article that Port Canaveral officials don't think there will be cruising until July.

Oh that sucks and I'm sorry to hear it. I would love to take a cruise, but it won't be happening until my family is all vaccinated. I miss traveling so much but I'm just not feeling confident about it right now for any reason. Port Canaveral closed until July huh? I'm glad that they are being extra careful restarting the cruise industry but I can't even imagine the money being lost. It's intense.

JoAnn C's picture

More cancelations today - all sailings through May and Magic sailings through August 10.

Kristen K.'s picture

JoAnn C wrote:
Magic sailings through August 10.

Oy! That's a long time, but honestly I would rather be safe than sorry. I think I heard that one of the other major cruise lines was going to start sailing again but that you had to prove you had been vaccinated.

JoAnn C's picture

Kristen K. wrote:
JoAnn C wrote:
Magic sailings through August 10.

Oy! That's a long time, but honestly I would rather be safe than sorry. I think I heard that one of the other major cruise lines was going to start sailing again but that you had to prove you had been vaccinated.

Speculation on the street is DCL is anticipating international travel restrictions still being place.

I've read an article a couple of weeks ago about a couple cruise lines requiring vaccines. One was for both staff and passengers and the other was just staff at the time of the writing of article. It hadn't been decided if they would require passengers to get one.