Dining Plan question

Login to post comments
9 posts / 0 new
aguhysview's picture
Offline
Joined: 04/19/2012
Posts: 7
Dining Plan question

My DH and I are heading to the World in 23 days. yay We have the dining plan and our reservations are set. My only concern is that we never really eat a large meal each. I know it is not possible for buffets but could we just use 1 dining credit and split the food at other places like Tony's? We could buy an extra drink and still have plenty.

I know with CS you can send one person to get a meal and then you can share but wasn't sure if you could do that with the TS.

Thanks

__________________

~Michele
[url='http://www.mickeypath.com/']

[/url]

Brad's picture
Offline
Joined: 08/05/2008
Posts: 4357

I'm pretty sure that's "frowned upon," but it's a really good question. Has anyone ever tried this?

MrHub's picture
Offline
Joined: 10/29/2009
Posts: 9502

Brad wrote:
I'm pretty sure that's "frowned upon," but it's a really good question. Has anyone ever tried this?

Ditto what Brad said & they probably would still charge you the 2 credits.

natazu's picture
Offline
Joined: 04/12/2012
Posts: 83

At buffets, everyone who eats gets charged full price. The only exception I've ever seen is post-Gastric Bypass where a manager can allow the guest to be charged for a child's buffet.

__________________

Share the Magic,

Jym
________________________________________________
Staceyism #3 "And it's a lot like going to the real Africa... but without all the malaria shots and stuff."

Kristen K.'s picture
Offline
Joined: 09/01/2011
Posts: 23803

natazu wrote:
At buffets, everyone who eats gets charged full price. The only exception I've ever seen is post-Gastric Bypass where a manager can allow the guest to be charged for a child's buffet.

ROTFLOL!! You mean I have ten years worth of Adult buffet fees that I could have paid the child's price!!! If I had only known!

natazu's picture
Offline
Joined: 04/12/2012
Posts: 83

Kristen K. wrote:
natazu wrote:
At buffets, everyone who eats gets charged full price. The only exception I've ever seen is post-Gastric Bypass where a manager can allow the guest to be charged for a child's buffet.

ROTFLOL!! You mean I have ten years worth of Adult buffet fees that I could have paid the child's price!!! If I had only known!


Maybe you could get a rebate?

__________________

Share the Magic,

Jym
________________________________________________
Staceyism #3 "And it's a lot like going to the real Africa... but without all the malaria shots and stuff."

Offline
Joined: 02/12/2012
Posts: 271

I suppose if you only ordered one meal at a TS they could only charge you one credit for it? It's not something I've heard of being done often at a TS location. You could always just get a meal each and have the left overs boxed up for lunch/snacking the next day?

__________________

[url='http://salocainwonderland.blogspot.com']Saloca in Wonderland[/url] <--- blog!

Kristen K.'s picture
Offline
Joined: 09/01/2011
Posts: 23803

We have things boxed up all the time, however because we're DVC we always have a fridge to stick it in.

natazu's picture
Offline
Joined: 04/12/2012
Posts: 83

I completely forgot to write the first half of my post. waiting
The non-buffet restaurants will gladly let you share one credit worth of food. A credit is worth a drink, an entree, and a dessert whether you eat it, split it, or box it up. No worries. Most places will even split it onto two plates before they bring it out.

__________________

Share the Magic,

Jym
________________________________________________
Staceyism #3 "And it's a lot like going to the real Africa... but without all the malaria shots and stuff."