Disneymoon May 2014 Itinerary!!!

Login to post comments
29 posts / 0 new
Disneymoon May 2014 Itinerary!!!

I am getting married May 3, 2014 and me and my fiance are having a 2-week Disneymoon! We're both so excited, since we're Disney freaks. Here's my planned itinerary for the 'Moon:

5/4- Head to DW and check into Beach Club. It will be late afternoon/early evening when we should arrive so dinner if anything will either have to be at Beaches & Cream, Room Service or the Boardwalk Pizza Window. Just checking the place out and trying to get sleep since we will have had a busy wedding day Saturday and then getting up at 5 a.m Sunday, driving all day to get to Orlando.

5/5- World Showcase: Lunch at Yorkshire County Fish Shop, dinner at Tokyo Dining.

5/6- Character Breakfast at Cape May Cafe then Hollywood Studios for a half-day. Dinner at Kouzzina (Boardwalk).

5/7- *Off Day* We apparently have gotten two free passes to Disney Quest included with our trip package, so taking advantage of that. That's in the afternoon, then dinner at Fulton's Crab House.

5/8- Epcot: Lunch at Electric Umbrella then dinner at Le Cellier Steakhouse.

5/9- Magic Kingdom: Lunch at Pinocchio Village Haus, then Character Dinner at Cinderella's Royal Table.

5/10- Animal Kingdom: Lunch at Pizzafari, then since AK has weird hours in the early evening, just call it a day and head to Contemporary for Character Dinner at Chef Mickey's.

5/11- *Off Day* Relaxing/pool/hanging around hotel. Dinner at Yachtsman Steakhouse

5/12- Hollywood Studios: Lunch at The Hollywood Brown Derby and dinner at Sunset Ranch Market, then try to get in line for the Fantasmic show.

5/13- *Off Day* Fantasia Garden Putt-Putt Golf mid-day, then dinner at Flying Fish Cafe (Boardwalk)

5/14- Magic Kingdom: Lunch at Be Our Guest Restaurant, then Character Dinner at The Crystal Palace.

5/15- Epcot: Character Breakfast at Akershus Royal Banquet Hall and dinner at Chefs De France.

5/16- *Off Day* Relaxing/pool/hanging around hotel. Dinner at California Grill (Contemporary)

5/17- Animal Kingdom: Character Breakfast at Tusker House Restaurant, then head over to Downtown Disney for dinner at Rainforest Cafe.

5/18- Check out to head home, tummies full and me crying, with my new hubby having to drag me to the car, long drive ahead, already planning the next trip.

Have any of you eaten at these places I picked and what are your opinions of the restaurants and if you've stayed at Beach Club what is your opinion of the place? Is there anything I'm missing that we might want to check out? Please let me know!

Jessalynn27's picture

Wow, this sounds amazing! You have everything so well planned out. I LOVE Beaches & Cream, it is one of my favorite places to go. All of the character dining is a great idea as well, do you have the Dining plan included with your package? Rainforest Cafe is great for the atmosphere, the food is nothing special though (in my opinion). Cinderella's Royal Table is a great dining experience as well, and the time I ate there the food was great. At Hollywood Studios try to check out Sci-Fi Dine In Theater (I worked there and am pretty biased to that restaurant) biggrin The other restaurants you are going to have had some great reviews and many are on my list for our Disneymoon!

MrHub's picture

Hi pinkie, sounds like a great plan and wonderful ADR's. We have eaten at most of those restaurants, the only ones we haven't is Beaches & Cream for a meal (other than ice cream), Kouzzina, Akershus Royal Banquet Hall & Chefs De France. Cali Grill is our favorite, but have not been back since the refurb but will fix that in 9 day!

Flying Fish is awesome, great food and service. We've been let down by Le Cellier lately but the reviews are all over the place and Fulton's IMO is not the same since they started taking the dining plan and reviews for that are from one extreme to the other.

Thank you for the comments and reviews. I've been told I should be a travel agent. But I've always had this mantra that you just can't "up and go" to Disney World for a trip. Maybe for a day or weekend, but not a full-fledged vacation. There's just too much to do and too many places to eat. I can't wait to get my reservations started. I was told I couldn't do it until early November...here's hoping.

Do you have the DDP (sounds like it b/c your eating schedule & ADRs sound a lot like mine did). It's a lot of food!

I suggest for your first night (or another night with no ressies) to do in room pizza delivery if BC has it. We did this one night when we were so tired & it was fantastic. We got two HUGE salads, a large pizza, a 2 liter of coke, and 2 desserts (we had pieces of cake). It was more than enough for the two of us (as were most of the meals). It was a nice evening just sitting together with noone else around eating pizza. You can do it up until midnight, I think so you'd have plenty of time to settle in, walk around, etc. before you ordered.

Thanks for the tip about the pizza. No we're not going to do the dining plan. We found out we'd save some money by not doing it. Some dinners we may split stuff to share because we may not be as hungry and on the dining plan, I saw that each person usually gets an appetizer, main course, and dessert each. I may be full with the main course alone, so it wasn't feasible. Now in the future, me and hunny talked about if we have kids and decide to go on a Disney vacation, it might be a good deal then, but just for us two, it's better without it.

JMUDukz's picture

YUM!! Your Disneymoon sounds like a culinary delight!! California Grill is by far my new most favorite restaurant EVER. I highly recommend the goat cheese ravioli, the oak fired filet, and the sundae sampler. And make sure you watch the fireworks from the observation deck!!

My one suggestion would be to switch out Pinocchio Village Haus for Pecos Bills or Cosmic Rays or something else. We ate at Pinocchio's last year and it was really not that great. Think sad pasta that sticks with you for the rest of the day. I know they redid their menu, maybe the new flatbreads will be better. Just my 2 cents, take it for what it's worth!!

Oh, and I didn't see any Dole Whip on the itin!! Work that in for sure!!

Have fun!! Please post both Disney and wedding pics!! I'm a sucker for weddings, I think that will be my retirement gig, as a wedding planner!

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker

JMUDukz's picture

OH! And is that during Flower and Garden Fest?? If so, don't forget there will be food kiosks out at Epcot! Those might make for some tasty snacks/meals!!

Mandy's picture

pinkie32 wrote:
Thanks for the tip about the pizza. No we're not going to do the dining plan. We found out we'd save some money by not doing it. Some dinners we may split stuff to share because we may not be as hungry and on the dining plan, I saw that each person usually gets an appetizer, main course, and dessert each. I may be full with the main course alone, so it wasn't feasible. Now in the future, me and hunny talked about if we have kids and decide to go on a Disney vacation, it might be a good deal then, but just for us two, it's better without it.

The dining plan you are referring to is the deluxe dining plan. In the deluxe dining plan you get 3 meals and 2 snacks per day. You get an appetizer, entree and dessert for table service then quick service you just get the entree and dessert. The one you may want to consider is the Plus dining. You get 1 table service meal, 1 quick service meal and 2 snacks. At each meal you get an entree and dessert. No appetizer. Of course each meal includes 1 non-alcoholic beverage. I'm very big on the dining plan while at Disney because most meals are covered and you don't have to worry about paying for them. Each dining plan includes a resort refillable mug which come in handy when you are just at the resort or are eating at the resort. I highly recommend the mugs especially since you are staying for two weeks.

Mandy,
Thanks for explaining the dining plan, I may need to look at that again, and JMUDukz, when you go to Magic Kingdom again, go to Pinocchio's and get the flatbread pizzas, especially the pepperoni. It was seriously, one of the BEST pizzas I ever had. I first had them on my September 2012 trip, and had to go a second time. It was that good. Then on the recent August trip, I had to make a beeline again for dinner. The Caprese one was okay, I never had the Barbecue Chicken, but I can not get enough of the Pepperoni. It was just the right amount of sauce with pepperoni and a lot of mozarella. I love a lot of cheese on a pizza. Don't bother with the pasta dish or the chicken nuggets or whatever else they offered, cause you can get them at any other counter service throughout all 4 parks, but try their flatbread pizza. It's delish!

Mandy's picture

pinkie32 wrote:
Mandy,
Thanks for explaining the dining plan, I may need to look at that again

You're welcome! Although some of the restaurants you have planned would take up 2 table service credits which is where the deluxe plan would come in handy unless you want to pay for some out of pocket. It just depends on what would fit your vacation the best and sometimes the DDP isn't right for some vacations.

JoAnn C's picture

Great dining plan for your trip. Your ADR day (11/05) will be here before you know it.

The Hollywood Brown Derby is one of my favorites. I loved the Yachtsman Steakhouse.

JMUDukz's picture

pinkie32 wrote:
Mandy,
Thanks for explaining the dining plan, I may need to look at that again, and JMUDukz, when you go to Magic Kingdom again, go to Pinocchio's and get the flatbread pizzas, especially the pepperoni. It was seriously, one of the BEST pizzas I ever had. I first had them on my September 2012 trip, and had to go a second time. It was that good. Then on the recent August trip, I had to make a beeline again for dinner. The Caprese one was okay, I never had the Barbecue Chicken, but I can not get enough of the Pepperoni. It was just the right amount of sauce with pepperoni and a lot of mozarella. I love a lot of cheese on a pizza. Don't bother with the pasta dish or the chicken nuggets or whatever else they offered, cause you can get them at any other counter service throughout all 4 parks, but try their flatbread pizza. It's delish!

This is good to know!! I have intentionally skipped it b/c it was kinda gross when we had it previously, but I shall put it back in rotation!!! Thanks!

Kristen K.'s picture

Looks like an amazing plan! I'm glad to see that you've scheudled in some down time for the two of you to relax a bit and just enjoy each other's company. It's easy to get caught up in all the Disney-ness and I find a chance to relax with my hubby super important. You've got some of my favorite restaurants in the rotation and I think you'll have a great time!

Just joined WDW for grown-ups as I HAD to comment on this and say thank you so much for all the info!!
I've just booked my Honeymoon in WDW for next December- I've never ever been before and all the details and advice here is just amazing- especially as I'll be flying over from London and it'll be my first time in 'The States' Smile
So excited!!
Just started reading up on all the restaurants- so this thread was heaven-sent!!

Vettelover's picture

welcome s_littleprincess, glad you found us. You will learn a lot from this site.

Magic Mirror's picture

stars welcome stars

And congrats on next years wedding!

disneydoc's picture

Welcome!

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker DIStickers.com Ticker

Allie's picture

Sounds like you have a stellar trip planned! The only change I would make would be to hit Yak & Yeti for one of your AK days. It's one of my all time favorite restaurants at the World...the lettuce wraps and Kobi beef burger are to die for!

Kristen K.'s picture

stars Welcome and congrats!! stars

Where will you be staying? Do you have any questions that we can help you with?

AnnielovesDisney's picture

Your Disneymoon plans sound awesome yay
My only suggestion would be to add Sleepy Hollow at MK to the mix. Their waffle sandwiches are so yummy. If you want to have a quick breakfast at MK get their Nutella and fresh fruit waffle sandwich. The waffles are made fresh right after you order, it's covered in yummy Nutella, and loaded w/ bananas, strawberries and blueberries. It's also plenty big enough to split and very affordable(only about $7/each!) Delicious and quick. The ham and swiss waffle sandwich is also a great lunch.

Their ice cream cookie sandwiches and funnel cakes are great too! It's one of our favorite quick service in all four parks.

Well, finally got my itinerary for the 2014 "Disneymoon" figured out. ADR's all set and having to make a few changes after reading up on some stuff on the 'net, I guess I've got everything set to go!

Saturday: May 3rd- Wedding!

Sunday: May 4th- Drive to Orlando, check into Beach Club Resort. Dinner ADR at Beaches & Cream. Pretty much just take in the hotel and rest up, since we left no later than 5:30 am that morning.

Monday: May 5th- Epcot (World Showcase day)- Lunch at Yorkshire County Fish Shop, Dinner ADR at Tokyo Dining. Eaten at both places before and loved it, so we had to go back.

Tuesday: May 6th- Hollywood Studios- First is to eat breakfast ADR at Cape May Cafe, then take the boat over to HS. Enjoy a day there, then take boat back to Boardwalk for dinner ADR at Kouzzina. Ate there before and loved it, so had to come back. Afterwards, enjoy Boardwalk. Noted that this would be a good night to either try Atlantic Dance Hall or Fantasia Gardens Putt-Putt Golf, which is also nearby. We are getting free vouchers to FG with our package, so we want to use them.

Wednesday: May 7th- *Off Day* Lunch ADR at Beaches & Cream, then head over to Downtown Disney for the afternoon. We got free vouchers to Disney Quest and want to use them. Dinner ADR at Fulton's Crab House. Ate there back then and had to come back. Enjoy DD for the evening.

Thursday: May 8th- Epcot (Future World Day)- Lunch at Electric Umbrella, ate there too and had to come back. Dinner ADR at Le Cellier Steakhouse.

Friday: May 9th- Magic Kingdom- Lunch at one of my favorite spots at DW: Pinocchio Village Haus. Dinner ADR at The Crystal Palace.

Saturday: May 10th- Animal Kingdom- Lunch at Pizzafari, then dinner ADR at Chef Mickey's (Contemporary Resort). Noted that this would also be a good night to do either Atlantic Dance Hall or Fantasia Gardens, whichever hasn't been done yet.

Sunday: May 11th- *Off Day* Hanging out at hotel and Stormalong Bay. Lunch will have to be either at Hurricane Hanna's or room service. Dinner ADR at Yachtsman Steakhouse.

Monday: May 12th- Hollywood Studios- Lunch over at Sunset Ranch Market. Dinner will be the Fantasmic Dinner Package with ADR over at The Hollywood Brown Derby.

Tuesday: May 13th- *Off Day* Hanging out at hotel/Stormalong Bay. Lunch will have to be at Hurricane Hanna's or Room Service. Dinner ADR at Flying Fish Cafe. Enjoy Boardwalk some more.

Wednesday: May 14th- Magic Kingdom- Lunch will be at where else? Pinocchio Village Haus. Seriously can't get enough of their flatbread pizzas. Dinner ADR at Cinderella's Royal Table.

Thursday: May 15th- Epcot(World Showcase)- Breakfast ADR at Akershus Royal Banquet Hall. Again, we loved it and had to come again. Dinner ADR at Chefs De France. Ate there too back then and had to go back. Noted that late evening would be a good time to try Atlantic Dance Hall or Fantasia Gardens. Whichever one we haven't done at this point.

Friday: May 16th- *Off Day* Hanging out at hotel/Stormalong Bay. Lunch ADR at Beaches & Cream then dinner ADR at California Grill (Contemporary Resort).

Saturday: May 17th- Animal Kingdom- Breakfast ADR at Tusker House Restaurant. Head over to Downtown Disney in the evening for a dinner ADR at Rainforest Cafe. Enjoy DD some more.

Sunday: May 18th- Pack up and head home.

I seriously cannot wait for this trip. It will definitely be special since it will be a honeymoon and I will be spending it with my soulmate. We already got some Christmas gifts that were Disney-themed. A cookie jar that was Minnie Mouse decorated, a picture frame that was Disney-related, and my favorite: the His & Hers Mickey Mouse ears for newlyweds. We also got a nice luggage set to travel with. And we also have our MyBands customized. I LOVE those things. Now I have to start focusing on the last-minute details of the wedding, which will be somewhat Disney-esque and Fairy Tale-themed. I just can't wait.

disneydoc's picture

Sounds like a blast! And delicious too. mickey

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker DIStickers.com Ticker

Thank you. This was a trip at least a year in planning. I'd always said my honeymoon was going to be at DW and thank goodness I found a man that was into Disney like me. I think he's always been into it a little more than me though, because there's facts he can tell me about Walt Disney or some of the movies and I'm like, "How do you know all this?" LOL!

Hi! This has super helpful to read as my fiancee and I are going nearly the same time as you guys! (May 4-10th) I'm really excited and have never been to WDW. We've got our resort/dining plan/flight booked and now we're building our itinerary and reserving restaurants. Do you know if they have special events happening during this time?

Mrferret's picture

Sounds like an awesome trip you have planned.Congrats on the weding also clapping

Howdy Y'all
https://www.facebook.com/matthew.tucker1
Caution Content May be inappropriate

May/June 2016 Magic cruise to Norway
2017 Prtugal wedding adventures
2018 Alskan disney cruise ??
2019 Florida

King Fergus

Have a magical wedding..Lots of awesome restaurants also..Long may yer Lum Reek.. congrats

Mrsshuttermama,

Hello and congrats! The only thing I can think of is the Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival going on, which I think will be wrapping up sometime in May; I'm not for sure though. Star Wars Weekends won't be going on until probably after Memorial Day or somewhere along that line. Hope that helps. Where are you staying at? We're gonna be at the Beach Club. Just curious.

kathys's picture

Hi,
The Epcot flower shows starts on March 5th and ends May 18 this year. Star Wars starts May 16th and runs through June 8th. I know am going to both as I will be there from 5/12 - 5/19 and I have never been to either so am very much looking forward to it.

[url='http://www.mickeypath.com/']

[/url]