Disneyworld in Feb 2014

Login to post comments
26 posts / 0 new
TNMedic's picture
Disneyworld in Feb 2014

Hello everyone, my wife and I are new here and will be in Disneyworld from Feb 9 - 14, 2014 celebrating our 25th anniversary. We have been there with our son but this is the first trip where it will be just us.

We have reservations for Port Orleans - French Quarter, also have made reservations for Tomorrowland Terrace Fireworks dessert party.

There are several things we want to learn from everyone and we are looking forward to "meeting" many of you.

JMUDukz's picture

Welcome and happy early anniversary!! POFQ is a fabulous resort!! A lot of love for it here on the board!

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker

Magic Mirror's picture

welcome and congrats on your anniversary!
We love to share all our Disney stories....so if you have questions, please ask.....
Enjoy*!

Allie's picture

Hi and welcome and congrats on the upcoming anniversary trip!

disneydoc's picture

Welcome! Congrats on your anniversary and upcoming trip. mickey

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker DIStickers.com Ticker

Magic Days's picture

stars stars welcome stars stars and Congratulations on your anniversary trip. February is a great time to visit Disney. Your in the right place for suggestions so ask away.

welcome
Valentines Day at Disney! Sound wondeful! Happy anniversary!

Jackie mickey

Vettelover's picture

Hello and welcome to our group of Disney-holics. glad you found and joined us.

VelcroPooh

welcome and congratulations on your anniversary trip! Go Vols! laugh

JoAnn C's picture

Welcome

welcome to our little piece of Disney paradise. I stayed at POFQ a couple weeks ago and I loved it. It is beautiful and quiet.

MandaLynn's picture

Hello and welcome

Any Disney favorites you are looking forward to? Please let us know if you have any specific questions...we love to share!!

taratru's picture

Congrats! We are heading in just three weeks to do the same thing (but only 7 years laugh ).

Welcome to the forum!

Karlipants's picture

Welcome!

I went there last year with my husband that exact week! The weather is gorgeous that time of year!

"There's a great big beautiful tomorrow just a dream away"

[url='http://www.mickeypath.com/']

[/url]
[url='http://www.mickeypath.com/']

[/url]
http://www.wdwforgrownups.com/forum/karli-and-marks-honeymoon-pre-trip-report

http://www.facebook.com/KarliInWonderland - My Disney Facebook page with live updates while i'm in the parks!

TNMedic's picture

Karlipants, I am glad you mentioned the weather because that is one thing that we have absolutely no control over. I was wondering what temperature ranges to "prepare" for. Is it even worth attempting the pool?

Mad Hatter's picture

Welcome Aboard! You are inside the window, made any ADR's yet?

Things get curiouser and curiouser...

Nancy D's picture

Oooh, fun!

Have you ever done the Tomorrowland Terrace Dessert Party before? I hear it's FUN!

TNMedic's picture

Mad Hatter - Yes we have made some reservations, in fact just reserved Rose and Crown for dinner. We don't want to over schedule ourselves as we are really looking forward to spontaneity biggrin

Nancy D - Nope this will be our first time for the Terrace Dessert Party, would love to hear from folks with experience.

Also - Can anyone tell us if there is a hot tub at POFQ? crossfingers

MrHub's picture

Hello TNMedic and welcome and congrats on the 25Th, we just celebrated 34 years in WDW. We did the desert party in July and it was quite spectacular. The desserts are out of this world, better than the 3D Dessert party we just went to at the Food & Wine Festival.

AnnielovesDisney's picture

TNMedic wrote:
Karlipants, I am glad you mentioned the weather because that is one thing that we have absolutely no control over. I was wondering what temperature ranges to "prepare" for. Is it even worth attempting the pool?

Hello and welcome

I live in Florida and my husband and I go to Disney world every February. The weather here is gorgeous in February. Many people still swim at that time of year here. The average here in Feb. is the low to mid 70's during the day and 50's at night. But in Feb. we also get some days in the 80's. February is also before our rainy season and it is usually bright and sunny all day.

I am originally from western PA so that is plenty warm for me to swim. It's worth bringing your bathing suits yay

Mandy's picture

AnnielovesDisney wrote:
TNMedic wrote:

Hello and welcome

I live in Florida and my husband and I go to Disney world every February. The weather here is gorgeous in February. Many people still swim at that time of year here. The average here in Feb. is the low to mid 70's during the day and 50's at night. But in Feb. we also get some days in the 80's. February is also before our rainy season and it is usually bright and sunny all day.

I am originally from western PA so that is plenty warm for me to swim. It's worth bringing your bathing suits yay

Most of the feature pools are heated. From what I've been told, the pools that are heated are heated to like 80-82 degrees. I agree with Annie, it's still plenty warm to swim, I'm also from Western Pa). The biggest argument I've heard between parents and children about swimming is that pool is warm but the air is not warm and you will be freezing when you get out.

TNMedic's picture

Hello all and thanks for the information, we will definately pack the swim wear and plan to enjoy the pools. From looking at the WDW web site there is a reference to a whirlpool or something like that at Port Orleans - French Quarter, can anyone confirm if that is a hot tub or not? Innocent

PS since we are now down to 2 digits added the countdown! clapping

Magic Mirror's picture

There was a hot tub at the French Quarters when we were there Oct. 2012

TNMedic wrote:
Hello all and thanks for the information, we will definately pack the swim wear and plan to enjoy the pools. From looking at the WDW web site there is a reference to a whirlpool or something like that at Port Orleans - French Quarter, can anyone confirm if that is a hot tub or not? Innocent

PS since we are now down to 2 digits added the countdown! clapping

We were just there in September 2013. Yes, there is definately a hot tub. You will love this resort. It's small but that is what is so special about it. Gardens are lush and green and the walk ways are cobblestone. They just remodeled the lobby and it is gorgeous. Bus schedule is fantastic. Most we had to wait was 5 min. The only downer is the food court is very small and not a big selection but their bakery is wonderful.

Magic Mirror's picture

and their bakery has fresh , made to order, Beignets!!!! muchlove

Kristen K.'s picture

Well Hello there TNMedic! Welcome! What a fantastic way to spend your anniversary. mickey