DTD Vera Bradley Bag Release 9/21/13

Login to post comments
41 posts / 0 new
Kristen K.'s picture
DTD Vera Bradley Bag Release 9/21/13

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2013/09/additional-details-about-the-disney-collection-by-vera-bradley-release-party-at-walt-disney-world-resort-on-september-21-2013/

Did you guys read these launch details? They're opening the parking lot at 3 AM - and the queue for the bags outside World of Disney begins at 4 AM!! 4 o'clock in the morning. For a purse. Obviously I'm not fashionista enough because I think that's CRAZY!

laugh So what about you? Would you line up at 4am to buy one of these new bags?
No? What would you line up that early for?

I LOVE Vera Bradley bags but 4am is a bit early for me........ eek

MrHub's picture

Scrappy would, or she'd stick me in line!

KrystalT's picture

I'm not a big Vera Bradley fan so that sounds pretty crazy! The only time I was in line like that (besides Black Friday) was to wait with my brother when they released the PS3 because he didn't want to wait alone and I'm such a wonderful big sister I had to go with him laugh

Coronado Springs 2000
Art of Animation-Cars 2013
PORS AND POFQ 2014
PORS 2015

I don't do Black Friday and wouldn't be in line at 4:00 a.m. for anything unless it is to fly to Disney. biggrin

Vettelover's picture

PirateGirl wrote:
I don't do Black Friday and wouldn't be in line at 4:00 a.m. for anything unless it is to fly to Disney. biggrin

Ditto for me 4AM= trip to the airport THEN to Orlando Nuttin else.. laugh

Miss Mikki's picture

I admire the art and styling of the Vera Bradley designs, but I don't personally like them. I think they are too gaudy, so I would not be queuing at 4am to get one!

no ticker Sad

JoAnn C's picture

PirateGirl wrote:

That's exactly what I was going to say. mickey

JanJ's picture

Same as a few others on here - would only wait in line at 4am if it was at the airport and I was headed to WDW! mickey

JoAnn C's picture

I may get one for my niece for Christmas.

Magic Mirror's picture

I have been known to do the black friday sales......and if the purse had my evil queen on it...and i liked it.....i would be right in line with scrappy (or mrhub if she stuck him in line) laugh

I think a lot of the queue time is because she is actually going to be there from 8am to 9.30 only. I think for what they are they are hellishly expensive but having said that if there was something extra special I really wanted and unique I would queue.

Mandy's picture

I have gone to black Friday shopping once when I was like 5 or 6, thought it was nuts. I would not wait at 4 am for anything but getting into a Disney park which I plan on doing this year unlike last year. Plus I don't really like Vera Bradly.

Nancy D's picture

Wow. I'm actually really surprised that with ALL of the hubbub surrounding this launch, there are only TWO patterns. I think that makes lining up that early even more crazy of an idea.

JMUDukz's picture

I would not wait in that line for Vera Bradley, b/c I think they're ugly, however, I might take a chair and sit out and watch the people who are waiting in line. (I don't line up for black friday either, BUT we do get in the car after Thanksgiving dinner and drive through the Best Buy and Walmart parking lots to people watch....The VB line might be just as good!!)

Now, for the seatbelt bag that was at the D23 Expo, I might wait....

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker

Nancy D's picture

JMUDukz wrote:

Oooh! Was it a Harveys? I love those things!

MrHub's picture

Vera Bradley is not my thing, either, although my mom loves them. I don't love my mom enough to wait in a long line to get one (j/k I love my mom IMMENSELY!!).

Now, if we were talking a drop dead price on a Dooney & Bourke, I'd be there in a snap. Smile

Jessalynn27's picture

I cannot imagine standing in line for a purse....I am not a fan of Vera Bradley anyways, but to each their own. I will agree with the others that said they would only be up at 4 AM to catch a flight to Disney...now that I would be all over!

JMUDukz's picture

Nancy D wrote:
JMUDukz wrote:

Oooh! Was it a Harveys? I love those things!

YES!! But they only sold them at the expo and you had to have a ticket to buy one. So sad, b/c I would totally buy one.

Nancy D's picture

Ugh! SO close!!! Maybe next time!! Smile

Kristen K.'s picture

I am *so* a Harvey's girl muchlove

VelcroPooh

Ok, I had to look it up! I'm familiar with Harvey's, but didn't realize they made Disney purses...Duh! I'm a purse collector, but I collect various types, not stuck on one kind. I do own one Vera Bradley and one of things I was going to do while I was there, was buy a new Disney purse, since I don't own any big name brand ones with Disney. I have a couple of off-brands.

So I'm guessing from these posts and others that there will be quite a few different kinds from me to choose from?

I do love the Harvey one that had at the Expo and I so would have got one!

Kristen K.'s picture

Yes indeed! You will find the two Vera Bradley, several styles of Dooney & Bourkes, and a couple of Harvey's styles/prints in the Disney Parks. There are also many non-designer bags for sale as well!

yay yay yay
Only two more weeks and one of these bags will be mine mine mine!

disneydoc's picture

I did see lots of them flying off the shelves, and hanging off the shoulders of folks around the parks. I had other things I wanted to buy this trip on my agenda (stay tuned), so I reluctantly did not buy one. I actually want one of the large tote bags to carry "stuff" to school, on trips, etc...and maybe a makeup bag.

However, there is another trip looming on the horizon.... mickey

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker DIStickers.com Ticker

Mojjo's picture

If I had been there I would have lined up. But as such I'll just have to wait until next week. wink

[url='http://www.mickeypath.com/']

[/url]

[url='http://www.mickeypath.com/']

[/url]

Briar Rose's picture

I like Vera Bradley and everything, but the only thing that would have justified lining up at 4 am would have been a free bag.

"Adults are only kids grown up" -Walt Disney

Kristen K.'s picture

I read that these should be online (today maybe?) and I think I saw a third new Bradley print - a blue one.

Okay - so be warned - I came across the information a few days back and am just going my memory I didn't verify it before posting. Does anyone else have anything solid?

VelcroPooh

I just found this on another blog, with a picture of the blue saying release around October 21.

http://thedisneyblog.com/2013/10/16/new-vera-bradley-disney-bags-and-giveaway/

Mandy's picture

Here's what was put on Disney Parks Blog:
http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2013/10/disney-collection-by-vera-bradley-coming-to-disney-parks-online-store-starting-october-21-2013/